Why don't people like this movie?

Why don't people like this movie?

shitty adaptation

I will have to watch it again. I was like 15 when I watched it and thought it was good. I bet it's full of pic related tier cringe dialogue

It is, but that's kind of the point because it's watchmen.

The dialogue was correct but the way it was delivered was wrong

Horrible acting too

Literally the best capeshit

>I was like 15 when I watched it and thought it was good
but of course you did

I loved it. Ending was better than the comic.
Rorshkek is stupid ideologue character loved by the plebs.
Ozymandias is obviously the patrician one.

Canonfags

People who didn't read the comic liked it.

It's the rare case of a good movie being a terrible adaptation.
Snyder didn't understand the subtleties of moores writing and decided to emulate the art instead. But it hurt the movie because he wanted iconic panels, but didn't get what made them iconic

Liked it but Zack Snyder missed the fucking point of some key moments. Probably the only Snyder film I liked because the material fits his style and it’s hard to fuck up too badly when you’re using the graphic novel as a story board and film bible.

It was the best possible film adaptation that could have been done.

>wanted iconic panels but didn’t get what made them iconic

This is his main problem which is why giving him any comic adaptation is a mistake

You realize that Ozymandias killed millions?

To save billions.

>thinks ozys plan was good
>thinks the movie plan was good

What a brainlet

Find a flaw with his plan.

Matrix like fight scenes, bad acting from the villain, long unnecessary sex scene, no giant squid, too clean looking. It’s been years since I saw it but that’s what I can remember

He fucked up things even further in the end anyway

To save jagillions

Rorschach pls.

>implying a giant squid isnt retarded

I like it a lot.

You fool. Only Deadpool and Sin City are more faithful adaptations.

It's supposed to be a deconstruction of the superhero genre but Snyder made it into just another superhero movie. Tbh this came out too early. Now that we're inundated with Superhero movies, it'd be far more refreshing. I'd pick a different director too. Matt Reeves

>he hasn’t read the comic

More like i've read the comic and prefer the movie ending.

His plan didn't save shit. People would have went back to their same old bullshit and get right back into that same position.

except it was better than the original

> he read the comic
found the virgin

It's capekino. A marvelous adaption of a source material that, before Snyder, was deemed unfilmable.

The you also prefer eating shit instead of steak I’m guessing

Why does Zack Snyder ruin everything he touches?

As far as the situation was. Yes, it was the lesser of two evils. That it threw the world into anarchy is still preferable to everyone being dead and the planet inhabitable.

>hurr muh humanity
>hurr lying

Your steak is made of shit, so what's the difference?

I bought the comic new, when it first came out in the late 80s and have loved it for decades. I thought the movie was great.

t.brainlet

All flash, no substance.

All of the elements that make it a superhero movie, none of them that make it a deconstruction except for the dialog that Snyder clearly couldn't understand.

there's nothing wrong with the movie ending. you don't need a psychic squid to trick people.

The whole point was to let everyone think the apocalypse was upon everyone.

Hence he made a creature that had bits and pieces from every world religion that ever talked about the end of days.
Having people think it was Dr. Manhattan was a stupid idea because then the russians could take it as a sign of weakness from the USA that their ultimate weapon betrayed them. Thats like japan surrenduring if an atomic bomb accidentally blew up new york.

Read

>Snyder didn't understand the subtleties of moores writiting

He did you absolute moron, it's just that different media needs different ways to tell the same story.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>different media needs a different way to tell the same story
>snyder tried his hardest to emulate the panels and not just make his own vision using cinematography

Really joga my nog

Moore is for sophisticated adults

that's almost worse than the movie because then you get millions of religious fanatics that will just go nuts. why doesn't pakistan or israel set off all their nukes if they think it's the end times.

>except for the dialog that Snyder clearly couldn't understand.

I hate when morons that read geoff johns capeshit insist in this meme.

Snyder gets utilitarism, absolutism, altruism and neoliberal propaganda better than you do

>jealous brainlet who couldnt understand a comic book

Wew

>jealous brainlet who couldn't understand capekino

Wew
Criticizing Snyder for his stylistic filmmaking technique is retard because films are a visual medium. Go read a book you faggot if you don't like stunning visuals.

They are stupid as fuck, saw one shitty youtube video where a clown claims snyder didnt "get" watchmen because he made action look cool.

It is actually a very good adaption with a very good story change to make the film work and not break pacing (which is a miracle)

But because it's cool to blanket criticise snyders films and muh comic book loyalists, it got panned. Plus it was too long and deep for normies who want le marvel quips and le explosions!

You didn't get watchmen

t. Mark Kermode

You too

>too good for plebs
>not good enough for patricians

Because they can't handle superheroes truly being as flawed as them and "bad guys" winning

>Ending was better than the comic.
Casual detected

>The general audience hated it when it was in theaters because they expected a popcorn movie and got a grimdark low action, plot heavy movie with some gore added in the middle for good measure.
>Regular capeshit comic nerds hate it because they are brainlets who can't comprehend the movie.
>Fans of the original comics hate it because it removed parts of the story and changed the ending.
>Patricians can't like it, although it's a fantastic film, because it's in the capeshit category for movies. (Same case as Spiderman 2)

In the end it's a great movie, but no real audience for it.

Notice how all you guys have literally no arguments?
Keep repeating the shit you heard on a youtube video and cry over the action.

DURRRRR
DURRRRR
I don't even care if this is bait, I'm still really angry at you for writing this comment

It's meh if you don't know the source material, and it's shit if you do know

>assemble movie without origin movies

WBDC never learns

>Notice how all you guys have literally no arguments?
The very fucking premise of Watchmen doesn't allow for cool action scenes dipshit. Why argue with a fucking retard that doesn't understand the simplest plot point in one of the most famous comic books there is? It will be like trying to teach a rock how to swim.
>idgaf tha movies was coolz
fuck you

I'm not at all into comics and not a big fan of capeshit, but I quite enjoyed Watchmen.

Am I pleb or patrician?

HE
E

>The very fucking premise of Watchmen doesn't allow for cool action scenes dipshit.

And that premise is?...

Is not pacifism. The action escenes are there to help the pace of the movie. And are very important to give speed boosts to a very slow movie. The idea that watchmen premise doesnt allow the action is a joke.

It has no substance. Plenty of style though.

>I don't know what watchmen is about
See? Pointless. Go read it again, don't just look at the pretty pictures.

In my first point i clearly stated that you idiots have literally no arguments side from claiming snyder didnt got watchmen.
You keep repeating the same about everyone without even trying to say what YOU in your infinite youtube wisdom think is about.
You are an absolute moron that fails to understand that a monthly series doesnt have the same pace as a 3 hours long movie, you don't understand the language of movies and clearly didnt got anything from watchmen that wasnt explained to you by wikipedia or youtube. You probably believe that neoliberalism is "lefty".

There's nothing in the watchmen movie the contradicts the comic. Nothing.

I didn't read the comic and I didn't like this piece of shit I want to personally execute every faggot who defends the 2deep4u capeshit subgenre retarded niggers in tights delivering retarded dialogue about how their impending dragon ball z battle has deep meanings and shit fuck all you manchildren

kek you probably like marvel movies too

>muh alan moore is so deep
The movie is better

Nothing ever ends.

>Why don't people like this movie?
welcome to /contrarianism/

>Am I pleb or patrician?
Both

>The movie is better
'no'

? This movie is super liked and has good scores everywhere

im assuming that english isnt your first language but here i’ll make it clear:

watchmen, the comic, was a critique of the idea of the superhuman and the glamour that comes with it. it achieved this by drastically humanizing the supposed heroes in both their relationships and also their physical abilities - an exercise in realism.

watchmen the movie directly undermines this basic theme by exaggerating the fight scenes - in fact, the movie ironically makes these scenes more cartoony than the comic book.

i mean just watch the opening of watchmen - its a montage. this shows where synders true focus is, on the spectacle and not the core ideas the book and this is where he always fails.
snyder has ALWAYS been about making things look cool rather than genuinely good... straight up frat boy aestheticism.

we dont even have to talk about the squid its just another drop in the bucket

>as a critique of the idea of the superhuman and the glamour that comes with it

Go back yo youtube.

You are an absolute retard that dismiss all the politics and philosophy of watchmen. The idea that it takes away the "glamour" makes no sense especially when it came after miracleman and V.

You didnt get watchmen and got caught on the most superficial shit: glamour.

God you're fucking worthless.

You are a capeshitter that failed to understand the themes of watchmen beyond superficial shit.

Dan being fat is irrelevant against rors objetivism. Fascism, absolutism, relativism and idealism are far more important to the story than your extremely superficial view, and all those elements including politics are present in the movie.

My opinion was, Ozy's plan was designed to make the viewer see both sides and not debate why it was or was not a good plan.

I didn't know the source material and it blown my mind. I guess it may be meh if you do know it.

Because people are cry babies.

>make it different from source material
>WAHH YOU CHANGED IT ALL IT'S NOTHING LIKE THE ORIGINAL

>make almost 1:1 adaptation
>WAHH YOU MADE NOTHING INTERESTING WITH THE SOURCE MATERIAL WAHHHHH

I agree with this also, but who would play the characters now? Especially Rohrs and the owl, I really thought that pair worked great together.

I love it.

Went back and read the source material afterwards and distinctly different tone and the characters being able to 1 v 100 people kind of ruins some of the themes but on it's own it holds up very well as a very nice flick that feels as if it was made in the 60's

I do, best superhero movie there is.

Nah, only not muh retards have that opinion.
Rational people know that the same story in a different media will develop in a different way, you should always ignore Sup Forums.

>muh giant monster attacking

fuck off

Yeah, ignore Sup Forums if you want a better story told in the medium it was intended for.

Watch the movie if you're a simpleton with a hard-on for slow-mo.

The monster squid was pretty stupid, but the images of New York in ruins from it, still was so intense and powerful

People hate what they don't understand.

Just want to add that using Manhattans energy struck me as fucking retarded reading it.

Manhattan works for the US and the US would be expected to pay damages or be dissolved resulting in probably a world war/nuclear holocaust.

Only after reading the comics did it have an ending that made sense.

it was a transliteration

>now that the dceu is dead, snyderfags turn their attention to watchmen in a feeble attempt to keep sucking snyder cock
Sad!

>there's an alternate dimension right now where Sup Forums is making fun of the cgi used to depict a dead alien squid creature

The thing is that there's people complaining because the film didn't do anything new with the plot and people complaining because the ending is different.

I liked the story which I didn't know, and I thought that the ending fitted it well.

Except Ozymandias blew up cities all across the world, not just the United States

>more useless blood and gore than a tarantino flick
>shitty hackjob of an ending
>shit casting (aside from rorschach and comedian)
aside from those, it wasn't that bad

>Yeah, ignore Sup Forums if you want a better story told in the medium it was intended for.

Sup Forums is the dumbest and more ignorant board there is. Why would anyone want Sup Forums's opinion about a movie? They believe cinematography is a Sup Forums meme