en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke
youtube.com/watch?v=n-l4bt8agqw
youtube.com/watch?v=TH6Acpzurb0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

say what?

Phil Lamarr is a voice acting treasure so I don't give a fuck

Fuck off, Sup Forums

WE

Darth Vader is literally a charred husk.

It's voice acting. Who cares?

Nobody gives a fuck unless you appropriate black culture or roles.

This. His vocal range is incredible.

This isn't good bait op imy sorry.

And that bothers you because...?

I like him but he does same voice a lot. I feel like he's like Steven Blum. Has good range when given the chance but most of the time just does the same voice.

You are SJW trying to falseflag the real Sup Forums. We actually stay in our board and don't bring up politics in other boards despite popular belief

Balrog Is voiced by a white.

>character is literally a Hispanic man's disembodied brain in a jar being carried by a circus bear
>cast a black man to play him

Ugh, I can't even

I find it amusing that when westerners draw asians they draw them way more asian looking than asians do

>Prince of Egypt feature Egyptian characters being voiced by Ralph Fiennes and Jeff Goldblum.
>nobody gave a fuck because it's animation and characters can look different races without casting actors of color
The end!

>White man mimics an asian voice

RACIST

>Black man mimics an asian voice

SO TALENTED

It's voice acting. Anime English dubs have white Americans voicing over Japanese characters all the time.

Except pol doesn't do this. However op isn't pol nor sjws. OP is just a fag got trying the bait into this discussion

What, that you're a racist asshole? No, we got that.

Phil LaMarr is a good voice actor. A VA's ability to portray a range of characters should be the only factor that comes into play.

Granted that doesn't stop LaMarr from being almost every black male in animation from the 90s to now who isn't voiced by Keith David, but still.

People were fine with Greg Baldwin replacing Mako's voice.

examples?

Holy shit

Black Samurai existed
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke

No. Sup Forums posters shit up every board they go to by bringing all their shit to other hobby boards.

That's not his fault, that's bad voice direction.

Tumblr loves Avatar even though all of the main cast except for Zuko are played by white people. Only the really crazy people give a shit about race in voice acting, otherwise you'd get people ranting at Steve Blum for playing hundreds of Asian characters in anime.

Literally what?

Phil LaMarr is almost always cast with different voices. The man never re-uses quite the same voice, even if they're kinda similar. His roles have been pretty diverse.

We don't do this

Sup Forums doesn't come to other boards to post stuff like this

John DiMaggio does it all the time and people love it. Keep trying.

Cleveland hardly ever attempts to educate the audience on black culture or issues. He's only there for the punchline of "black guy" ergo nobody gives a shit about him or his voice.

>Granted that doesn't stop LaMarr from being almost every black male in animation from the 90s to now who isn't voiced by Keith David, but still.

Nah. Kevin Michael Richardson has replaced him as All The Black Guys.

2 dubs in a row jfc

inb4 WE WUZ EMPERORS AN SHEEIT

I bet you don't know that he's the voice of aquaman you seething polturd trash

How do you know what other people on Sup Forums do? are you all of them?

its a "white people are persecuted while black people run free" thread

>Speaking ill of Phil Lamarr.

Die. Nobody will miss you.

>Phil LaMarr is almost always cast with different voices. The man never re-uses quite the same voice, even if they're kinda similar. His roles have been pretty diverse.
it's
virgil
chris rock
Jack
Black Vulcan
John Stewart
Natural voice

Asian actors have a hard enough time getting cast in roles that aren't specifically Asian, it's adding insult to injury that they are often passed over even for specifically Asian roles

It's only "cultural appropriation" when white people do it.

Everyone else gets a free pass.

Phil Lamarr has a soothing, serene voice. He's perfect frankly.

I don't think that's the point. The point is no one should care yet the left is made a white guy is a ninja in Iron Fist.

You don't speak for every pol browser. Both tv and v are examples of this.

>2017
>Not knowing about Yasuke

You're forgetting Hermes.

i'd agree he doesn't normally use the same voice, but most of his roles are pretty similar.

hell if you've watched a DC cartoon in the last decade with a black character in it, he is probably voicing them. sometimes even multiple characters at once.

SJWs are so picky in what is and isn't offensive. First you gotta pick your stats then roll a 20 sided die to see if your attack will hit then roll again to see if the opponent dodges. Who knows what will stick?

Turns out, OP here is an autistic racist man child. Why don't you go tip your fedora somewhere else. Where the fuck were you from 2001 to 04?

Fucking damn you are dumb.

Did he introduce them to parachute pants as well?

Nah. He has some roles like Vamp where you don't even know it's him. But a lot the time he does the same voices. Look at John Stewart from JL and the Judge from family guy.

Stop posting here

He's an excellent Voice Actor but he's also the classic "western VA can't stop talking about how liberal and progressive we are guys look" deal that so many VAs fall under.

Like I get it, you watch CNN.

HOL UP
*smacks lips*
IZ YOU SAYIN
*unsheates katana*
THAT I IS A MUHFUGGIN
*gets stuck in time portal*
SAMURAI AN SHIIEEET
*meets eccentric one note character*
AN DAY MAH NAME IS
*doesn't kill aku*
GAT DAM
*sustains Gennedy's mediocre career for a dozen years*
JACK???

Aku was asian. So fuck off.

AND FUCKING BOLBI DUDE COME ON

youtube.com/watch?v=n-l4bt8agqw

This got over 50 posts in 20 minutes

Really? Damn, I get shit for being a black guy maining him yet he his voiced by a white guy. Learn something new on Sup Forums everyday

So? He's a demon of fire and shadow, he doesn't have a race.

youtube.com/watch?v=TH6Acpzurb0

You're now aware that the show is about a Japanese man voiced by a Black man trying to kill a Black man voiced by a Japanese man.

>demon's aren't a race
rude

>No "WACHAA" anywhere in your post

You can't even bother to spice up your stale meme you ugly shitter. Get the fuck out

>hating on Phil Lamarr
If you were burning to death I wouldn't even stop to piss on you.

Huh

Dude, are you talking about the street fighter balrog?
And assuming you're not joking because it's hard to tell, that's like saying,"it's not pedophilia, she's a 1,000,000,000 year old dragon goddess!"

>tfw I didn't know he was black

I got to look up actors more often.

I thought he was Russian....I feel dumb now.

>Black people are real
Nice meme Sup Forums.
Now go complain about TTG some more.

Vulgrim in Darksiders is another example of his skill.

So you're proving my point then?

>hell if you've watched a DC cartoon in the last decade with a black character in it, he is probably voicing them. sometimes even multiple characters at once.
That hasn't been true since the DCAU ended and even then, the only character he's been voicing since has been Aquaman, who doesn't really sound like any of his previous roles.

The judge from FG is a bit role though.

>Black people are real
Proof?

the characters in Avatar aren't trying to mimic asian voices, neither is Steve Blum when he voices an anime character

Lamarr clearly is

instead of this shit posting thread about VAs can we get more cute pictures of the alien girl from the 1st episode?

Sup Forums is the board of peace.

the MC in MC Hammer stands for master of chronomancy.

Phil Lamar is even in Avatar as The Earth King

You guys know he played Vamp in Metal Gear Solid 2?

made me think

ARE THE CRYSTAL GEMS

But Aku himself is black.

What's up with all these Reddit posts on here?

>double criss-cross cultural appropriation

WUZ

>A voice actor can do at least six voices
WOW WHAT A FUCKING HACK.

Just because Mel Blanc did a thousand doesn't mean that's standard.

YOOOOOOOOOO Can't touch this

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the Lord of the Rings Balrogs, specifically the one that Gandalf fought under Moria

I liked when he played Ramza

Ya like jazz and forcing a dead meme that was forced and wasn't very funny to begin with?

I would've agreed if it wasn't for the fact that he voiced jack originally when nobody gave a shit

I bet you never knew Grim was also voiced by a black dude

Seeing shit like this makes me appreciate all the jabs Samurai Champloo keeps making at it's own culture

you're lying if you say his acting is not both phenomenal and on point

for that reason I don't see how it matters

nice dubs

Who the fuck cares?

What the fuck are those pants

I want them

>people loved him because he was black
>was given money just because he was black
>was made high ranking warrior just so samurai could say he had a cool black friend
> was spared from death just because he was black

Man, this guy had it made

I like his voice but he's not that great of a voice actor

Its voice acting. Blacks play whites, women play boys, adults play kids.

Anybody can be anything, nobody gives a shit.