I hope you guys like TTG because no one is tuning in to watch Samurai Jack. So far...

I hope you guys like TTG because no one is tuning in to watch Samurai Jack. So far, the premiere of season 5 has gotten less than 1 million total viewers. That was the last hope of western action shows. It got beaten in ratings by reruns of fucking spongebob.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fHjZQb-kGek
itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/samurai-jack-season-5/id1205602526
amazon.com/Samurai-Jack-Season-5/dp/B06XC7NBTC
play.google.com/store/tv/show/Samurai_Jack?id=59AOVvkh2kI&hl=en
youtube.com/watch?v=zeDCXnjma4I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are you retarded? It was a one season project to begin with. What are they going to do, cancel the non-existent sixth season?

And where is your source, OP?

they're going to use it an an excuse to shoot down any "serious" show pitches in favor of TTG type shows for another 15 years you braindead dingus

Who cares about other shows? I just want to watch Samurai Jack finish.

Unless you can point me to a source I'm not buying it.

I'm willing to bet without a source, this is true, but it doesn't matter because that's the average for Adult Swim. Rick and Morty is one of the few original shows they have to get above 1 mil consistently. Even Venture Bros gets under 1 mil and they keep renewing it regardless. These are standard ratings for AS.

I'm glad they've already made all of the episodes but if this trend continues adult swim will likely never work with genndy again, which would be a shame.

Samurai Jack's final season is the last Western animated show that will ever be worth watching. We've known this for a long time.

They could pull the rest of the episodes. Plenty of shows have production runs a bit longer than what got broadcast.

No, just cancel every other Western action show they were planning... eh.
Who am I kidding, I'm pretty sure there are none.

they were already doing that in 2001 when samurai jack first got pitched. the quality of cartoon network was already shit when samurai jack was airing. we got lucky jack was even green lit for 4 seasons back than.

>everyone keeps saying it received only 900,000 views

>nobody ever posts nielsen ratings or a source to back up these claims

~1 million viewers for 11pm on a Saturday are fucking great numbers for Adult Swim you dipshit.

Plus, I guarantee you at least 80% of that 900K is in the 18-36 Male Demographic, which is pure fucking gold for advertisers.

I think you're missing the part where this is an adult cartoon, and not meant for children, so it's won't get the same views as a normal cartoon.

Nielsen ratings are and always have been worthless since it only counts if you have a box.

They already paid for the episodes, though. There is no reason to pull them.

But it's not like any of this matters, because OP is a fag and doesn't have a source.

Eh, we still have Rick & Morty and the upcoming Ducktales.

But aside from that, I agree; it's looking grim (again.)

There eared no numbers.

There is no source.

Kill yourself, baiting faggot.

I fucking challenge you to post the source.

source or bullshit

>pull the rest of the episodes
>of a Genndy production
>that's a resolution following a 13 year hiatus

You're completely retarded.

Regardless, does ANYONE have a source for these numbers? What about DVR recordings?

No, OP is a liar and probably the same shitter who made this thread Whatever the actual ratings are, expect him to shitpost about them regardless.

>tfw after SJ is done the board will go back to shit like steven universe, AT, and all of those other tumblr shows

>only 900,000
I know nothing about ratings and all that shit. Is that bad?

At least it isn't the unforgivable 0.01 rating the chiller anime block had gotten

SOURCE
O
U
R
C
E

900,000 is fairly standard for adult swim, but bad overall.

I'm reporting you for spam op

Spongebob reruns get 1.5 to 2 million

How the fuck do you get ratings this low?

>I think you're missing the part where this is an adult cartoon, and not meant for children

It's not bad, it's just mediocre, which is just as bad. R&M pilot, a new series without all the nostalgia and good animation behind it, got 1.1 million viewers.

But, until we get actual ratings and a source for the ratings, this is just bullshit created by an ass looking to get (You)s

You're both wrong. It's a nostalgia cartoon, but also something that adults can probably enjoy with their children. Think Toy Story 3, Star Wars or all of the capeshit that's being released now.

>oh no, the revival of a 17 year old show aired at 11pm at midnight didn't pull in the same ratings as a show rerun every second of every day

Adult Swim doesn't give a fuck. They looped the episode on their fucking website. Go shitpost more about capeshit box office records or RT scores

i dont think Chiller even had any promotion for it, they just aired a few random anime on a dead time slot and they canceled it about a month later

Not that user but to be honest, I think it was a poor move to air the premiere episode early on their website. Prevented me from actually watching it on TV, though I did record it and plan on rewatching it again tonight.

Second week was even worse

Young Justice would have gotten 5 million viewers and you all know it;

it's rated tv-14

"Give me a kiss to build a dream on and my imagination will drive upon that kiss..."

youtube.com/watch?v=fHjZQb-kGek

> I have no source but I desperately need (You)s

Are you forgetting the part that this was also streamed on adult swim's website and Samurai Jack was the #1 trending on Twitter the whole entire night?

Nah I believe him.
No kid cares about Jack and most adults probably streamed it.

Does that count live stream? That's how I watched it since I don't have TV.

Which Spongebob reruns? At what time?
It's an asinine comparison. A better comparison would probably be whatever Shitty Macfarlane show was airing in that slot last week.

Ok but those are in the day and evening time. Jack came on at night.

>Trending on Twitter last night
>Less than 1 million views
>No source
Suuurreee

TTG?

If you like the show, buy it on Amazon, iTunes, or Google Play

itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/samurai-jack-season-5/id1205602526

amazon.com/Samurai-Jack-Season-5/dp/B06XC7NBTC

play.google.com/store/tv/show/Samurai_Jack?id=59AOVvkh2kI&hl=en

Why? It's not like it's got a chance of getting renewed after this.

So the fuck what
Ill just watch anime after Jack finishes. Who cares about he abysmal future of shitty american cartoons.

It's on at 11pm eastern. They don't want kids watching this.

Most kids watch worse shit on youtube.

TV and mainstream media needs to play catch up; kids aren't that innocent anymore and haven't been for a while now.

I guess? The show is still clearly not made with a child audience in mind. The villain for the first episode was a Sammy Davis Jr. homage and Jack is clearly suffering from PTSD. Kids can watch anything you put in front of them, that doesn't mean it's intended for them.

>Reddit & Memey
>the fucking Ducktales reboot
Oh wow, it's worse than I thought

u w0t m8
I don't care what the "official" rating is, there was NOTHING in that first ep that couldn't be TV-Y7.

>aku's daughters birth
>Aishi(a 4-10 year girl) getting her shit pounded by a muscle girl for demonstrating kind traits
>Aishi flat out killing people
>Scaramousche confirming that he slaughtered everyone in town instead of leaving it ambiguous
That shit would not fly on primetime CN

I didn't know that kids these days were up on entertainers from decades ago and could appreciate the emotional subtlety of depicting something like trauma in a character. Look, I'm not saying a kid could't watch it. A kid could watch anything, but they're not going to appreciate it on the level of an adult and they're not the target audience.

of course not. networks don't make money when people livestream or torrent their shows.

it actually adds up, you think it doesn't but it does.

Except the child abuse, the birthing scene, the cultists having their eyes stabbed with arrows, and the burnt village with the dead villagers

I'm pretty sure NONE OF THIS was actually *shown*, so would the censors care much?

Except it was all shown, some scenes with clearl blood spatter.

>show made for people that are now adults
>description on tv guide says it's for kids

maybe it's airing at the wrong time. samurai jack should be on adult swim

Hey be proud YJ is coming back for a 3rd season after it was cancelled on a cliffhanger.

Rewatch the episode senpai

and here's the perfect image to go with your comment

Sup Forums here. Don't worry. We have more animated action series than you could watch in a lifetime.

>they're going to use it an an excuse to shoot down any "serious" show pitches
Maybe their "serious" shows are terrible.

That's kind of what happens when your only allowed to advertise from 8-6

>comparing adult show views to kid show views

>helmet isn't even strapped on
>it has no strap

What's the point of it, then?

I mean does CN get to say what Toonami can and cannot air

Everyone downloaded it or livestreamed it. Neilson ratings need to fuck off already.

>Western style shows by japs get more views than actual Western shows

to fall off every time someone hits him. Didn't you see the episode?

Them streaming the episode 30 minutes before the premiere probably lost them quite a bit of views

There were only 40k people watching.

Also quite a lot of people here taking the OP at face value despite him never posting a source and Nielsen ratings not being out yet. That's sad.

Is this a copypasta? An LoK Copypasta?

stop being gullible

God, viewing metrics are such bullshit. no one watches television shows on an actual television anymore for christ's sake

Are Samurai Jack fans really this gullible? I refuse to believe some of you are taking this so serious.

Yeah, start panicking if it's confirmed.

Nice source OP

It was trending on twitter in the top three when it aired.

Pretty sure it was getting more hits than the kid's choice awards, which was the same night.

>I don't watch any station but CN

There are two reasons my views don't matter to them. I'm in the over 25 demo and I don't even have a Nielsen box. I've seen CN kill my favorite shows for too long to care if they cancel this for the second time.

>What is sample size

For starters it's a literally who channel airing old shows with no promotion whatsoever in the middle of the night. Gee, really makes you think!

Man, fuck the ratings for a second.

Get as much mileage out of Samurai Jack reaction images as you can, because I guarantee you before we even reach the halfway point of this final season, Samurai Jack reaction pics will be as radioactive as Jojo's Bizarre Adventure on every board.

Too bad 90% of anime is unwatchable garbage.

Not as terribly as the Scatman.

youtube.com/watch?v=zeDCXnjma4I

90% of everything is garbage

I thought we were 90% water.

yeah, shitty water

Water is water, though.

Will we ever achieve Golden Age status of Cartoon Network again or is it gone forever?

No, 80% of everything is garbage.

>they're going to use it to excuse what they have been doing anyway for more then a decade