Why did she act like she's so morally superior?

Why did she act like she's so morally superior?

Because she is sitting next to Bojack

Deer me!

It's not hard to be morally superior when in the same room as a child predator

she should get off her high horse

I think he was just drunk.

Oh deer!

because the show was written by liberals who want to slut shame men

You mean a child who was a sex predator?

>17
>child

Must be so hard on men who sleep around to have such a negative image by society

>child predator
Penny was 17. Which by the way is also perfectly legal in Arizona.

Also remember that time he showed up to her college a whole ONE YEAR later and she gave the whole 'woe is me I was just a chillun' back then' guilt trip as he was being carted away by a throng of fans?

Absolute bullshit.

OBEY THE LAW

We're used to having everyone fawn over us

the 3rd season literally had Bojack being berated for having consensual sex with an adult female.

slavery was the law
everything hitler did was legal

come up with some better material, Mr. Dredd

Her parents probably gave her no end of shit over it, so it makes sense she'd act like a deer in headlights.

ephebophilia is not pedophilia. brush up on your vocabulary

>her parents verbally abused her and shamed her for being who she was

this sounds very realistic in the puritan U.S. dead serious.

That's good and fine within the confines the Arizona but the moment he steps foot outside the state he raped his friends daughter in, California can more than easily arrest him for being a kiddie fucker

Didn't you get the memo? A 60 year old dating a 22 year old is pedophilia now. Get with the times, grandpa.

i don't think that's how it works. a state can't arrest someone for something they did in another state that was legal.

that'd be like arresting someone in the u.s. for having sex with a prostitute in the the red light district in Netherlands where it's legal. i don't think that will hold up in court

back in my day there were only 150 pokemon

Same reason he didn't go into the ER room after poisoning that girl with booze

That's the only reason that situation would fuck her up. If she had sex with Bojack then, wow, she had sex with a trusted older man. End of story.

Instead it became this big dramatic thing where it was treated like the end of the world, and a part of her life was thrown into upheavel. That sort of shit leaves trauma, not sexing an older guy.

>having another kid take the fall

see, that was the real transgression of the episode. puritans refuse to see that. they're too focused on the sex because they repress themselves so much

Dude you saw how her mom reacted. She threatened to straight up murder him. I find it hard to believe she was supportive and understanding with Penny. She probably didn't believe her when she said nothing happened and acted like it was the end of the world, which would have traumatized her way more than just getting rejected.

That and her friend getting all fucked up would be enough so that anything that reminded her of that night would freak her out.

Because she didn't try to fuck his best friend's teenage daughter.

i completely agree with you. the mom lost her shit and made things worse

she told BJ that he didn't have a chance with her after she'd egged him on and cuddled with him. so he was available and probably horny and emotionally aroused. she put him in a state. it's what she wanted.

Must be why Hitler lost the war and his cronies were out to death after trial

A rose by any other name is still statutory rape. Kinda like calling land whales "thicc" doesn't make them any less obese

>statutory rape

>Penny was 17. Which by the way is also perfectly legal in Arizona.

nigga, 17 is legal in Arizona, so how the fuck is he a child predator???

Yeah well where I'm from miscegenation is illegal. A horse fucking a deer? That's the death penalty.

They sure as hell can hombre.

>a rose by any other name

nah. words have meaning.

sleet is not snow.
ice is not frost on the ground.

you see, have these things called "words", and they are used to communicate. this must be a new concept to you but i assure you it's a thing.

okay, prove it.

last i checked california wasn't arresting tourists for owning guns a certain way in another state

There is a reason why polygamist dare not set foot outside of their communities

>If she had sex with Bojack then, wow, she had sex with a trusted older man. End of story.

Lets not misunderstand the situation here. It would still have been a WILDLY inappropriate relationship/sexual encounter, although I think that has more to do with Bojack's relationship to her mother than her age, although the age gap still plays a pretty big role.

It just doesn't mean he's a pedophile. Or a criminal. Or immoral. It would just make him a shitty person IF he was the one who instigated it (which he was not) and IF they actually did anything (which they didn't).

Of course they very well may have if Charlotte didn't walk in on them. We'll never know there.

do people legitimately think bojack did nothing wrong here or is it just a meme

You're an idiot.

polygamy is illegal in all 50 states. not an argument. you're shifting goalposts by trying to talk about communities instead of states

>WILDLY innapropriate

yeah not really.

bojack was a horrible person for letting another teenager take the fall for the teen that had alcohol poisoning. that was the real transgression.

bullshit claims about sex with an intelligent teenagers being bad is the meme that puritans are clinging to

It's a reaction to the fairly bullshit bit in season 3 where the deer girl seems to have somehow been traumatized by not fucking Bojack and getting yelled at by her mother.

actually, 18 is the consent age in Arizona. it doesn't matter since it's in New Mexico, and their age of consent is 17.

wasn't Penny sober the whole time?

>yeah not really.

Dude, I'm going to be frank with you. If you don't see any kind of problem with a 50 year old man fucking his former love interests' teenage daughter at her own house (literally right after trying to make a move on her) then you might have some serious social issues.

She didn't try to bone her friend's underage kid?

i'm going to be frank with you.

if you can't fathom the fact that mature teenagers come on to adults you might be an uptight conservative fuckhead, or a liberal sjw who has some serious control issues with what people choose to do willingly with their bodies.

>at her own house

on HIS boat. after he told her told to leave.

try the fuck again.

Is OP's pic an appropriate position for a married mother to be in?

It has (mostly) nothing to do with age of consent and legality and everything to do with the fact that he was using his friend's daughter to project his own feelings for his friend.

That's morally reprehensible even without the age difference and Bojack abusing his level of responsibility.

It wasn't a good decision to be sure, but it's not morally repugnant.

Which was parked literally right in her driveway.

It's not exactly the same but still pretty fucking close.

>using his friends' daughter to project his own feelings

perish the thought that he accepted she was not her mother, told her to leave because she was young, and then was ready to have a random encounter that had nothing to do with Penny's mother.

Exactly, which is precisely what I said in this post Oh I can fathom that, but it was still a shitty thing to do. Mostly for Charlotte's sake.

Be honest:

Would you be okay with your teenage daughter fucking a 50 year old man?

>still a shitty thing to do

not really.

>for charlotte's sake
how? all she did was verbally abuse BJ and Penny. last i checked sexually mature people don't ask their parents permission to have sex.

be honest.

do you really think teens don't fuck? do you really think it would be better for teens to be having irresponsible sex with other teens?

DARE didn't keep people from doing drugs
the "abstinence" ploy didn't work

hey how about waking up to the reality that people have sex. 100 years ago or a little more, 15 year old girls were married off. in the bible, god statutory rapes mary to have jesus.

17 is not controversial. it isn't.

Before season three, there were apologists here saying that Bojack didn't really try to sleep with Penny and it was all just a misunderstanding. The creator had to clarify that he really was trying to sleep with her.

She just didn't want to ruin her family on a whim.

>he was really trying to sleep with her

huh. funny way of showing it, since the show depicts BJ telling Penny to go to bed, an ambiguous line that showed the audience that Penny wanted it rather than leave.

>he accepted she was not her mother,

Where? The whole thing with the lanterns was a huge sign he saw her Charlotte in Penny.

He left the damn door open. He was undressing with her in the room. How the fuck was that ambiguous?

>god statutory rapes mary to have jesus

>you will never be Penny's younger brother
>you will never get uncontrollable boners all the time
>she will never point them out constanly and make fun of you
>she will never come into your room one night and ask to lay with you for a minute
>she will never spoon you
>she will never start rubbing her hands all over your body before slowly focusing on your crotch
>she will never gently knead your ever growing length while telling you to keep quiet and let her help you
>she will never jerk you to completion into a tissue under the covers
>she will never press her breasts against you as she sighs and snuggles closer, her hand still cupping your balls

16 in many states is legal

Bro my friends started having sex at 13. Not saying that's a good thing, but it happens.

And just because a 17 year old has a legal right to fuck a horny old man doesn't mean she should. If I had a choice I'd want to catch my daughter getting dirty with a boy her age, not a dirty old man.

Bojack is pretty much a video guide to why a teen should not fuck a 50 year old man and his 50 year old baggage. If you don't get it, then you're the kind of guy fathers need to protect their daughters from.

i was offering conjecture. the show doesn't spell it out for us exactly what BJ was thinking. what it does show is that Penny wanted it, then starts an arthur miller blame game on him.

>how? all she did was verbally abuse BJ and Penny.
Yeah after she caught them because she was pissed (understandably).

Also we don't know for sure that she actually verbally abused Penny, that's only conjecture. Her reaction was still over-the-top intense, but any mom would have been pissed in that scenario, especially given BJ's and Charlotte's relationship.

You seem to be really hung up on this whole age thing and I'm not even making a big point of that. I'm all for sexually mature teenagers fucking who they want to fuck. I'm just saying that IF BJ was the one to instigate it (which he was not) it would have been fucked up, but more so because of other specific factors than because of Penny's age.

>God raped Mary
This is getting good

>if i had a choice

but you don't. girls become women. deal with it.

>why a teen should not fuck a 50 year old man
yeah, because they will be verbally abused and shamed by their parents, which does more psychological damage.

>if you don't get it you're the kind of guy fathers need to protect their daughters from
i like older women. think about it. you'd never be having this conversation if it was about a teen boy with an older woman, because literally no one cares, because there's a double standard.

>you seem to be hung up on this age thing
oh you. if age has nothing to do with it then the mother is most definitely a controlling witch who can't deal with the thought of mature teenagers having sex, despite the fact that the justice system holds teens accountable for crimes and charges them as adults, which is a double standard.

Except Bojack was a generally stable element of Penny's life, and was being kicked out before he could sabotage things.

>100 years ago or a little more, 15 year old girls were married off. in the bible, god statutory rapes mary to have jesus.

that's literally what happened.

and christians love it. every sunday they take their precious little broodlings to church and shove the violent image of a man dying on a roman torture device, then go right around and yell at people if young adults are sexually active

Penny outright said the age of consent was 17 in her state. Bojack was obeying the law.

He was in the wrong.

But also 17 year old deer pussy was for the taking, I mean, it's hard to say no.

We understand.

>literally

shit, i meant figuratively. god isn't real.

the bible is worse than drugs, let me tell you

Aw, did you just discover /r/atheism the other day, you little scientist you?

Be sure to follow the holy word of black science man and bowtie science man!

>she
There's your answer.

>if age has nothing to do with it
I outright said that age was a factor, just not the biggest factor.

Look dude I get it, you really REALLY want to fuck teens and I understand that. It's okay. I'm just saying you probably shouldn't go around fucking your close friends' teenage daughters in their home driveways or they might get tad angry at you.

oh look it's moses! hey let's worship a god that murders egyptian children who had no grievances with him!

sounds hot

I'm not dumb enough to have children

>black science

rick remender is a damn good writer. there is no need for that kind of blasphemy. lol

Doesn't that make her the worse person?

>fucking a teen in their home driveway
>a contrived scenario on a cartoon

oh of course. i must be thinking exactly like a cartoon character. i better start trying really hard to be 3D and become a better person

To be fair, the Pharaoh killed a bunch of jewish children who had no grievances with him first.

There are only 10 states in which 18 is the age of consent, the most common age of consent in the US is 16.

>killing children out of revenge is fair

yeah that was really fair to the egyptian kids. that's some supremo high morals moses' god has got right there.

To a lot of people that's still like fucking a toddler.

don't have sex with teens! but killling kids and raping mary is fine!

it's what the bibbel teaches us

In what way did she do that?

uh, no

I don't think so

What kind of rock do you live under my dude?

danced on the line of infidelity and came close to cheating on her husband, or led a man on even though she was a married woman

But it's not though. Those people are retarded.