tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DVDBonusContent
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>be me
>beloved show
>bring show back after eternity
>make many people happy
>Faggots online still nitpicking my show to whine and complain

It's like we're some kind of...

If you didn't get chills, you're some post-Millennial douchebag who was still in diapers in 2002 and is probably too young to be on this board so fuck you.

yeah, fuckin nerds discussing content

soulless faggot detected

Just (You) thirsty shitposters. They probably don't even hate the show.

>Faggots online still nitpicking my show to whine and complain
And the Pacific Ocean is kinda wet. It took a lot of time for the show to come back, I'm surprised this show isn't getting assraped to hell and back for a single missed frame.

are you a newfag? cause I'm the original faggot who watched it when it came out and I don't care how they changed it. Also they say that they kept the same intro and it will appear on the next ep

I think what OP might be referring to is how they actually made Jack say it even though he doesn't talk that way which makes it OOC. I could understand it for the trailer but why actually have it in the episode, with him saying his name and everything? It was kinda cringey.

i think OP was trying to be funny and since nobody on this website has a sense of humor they all got upset instead

I loved the premiere, but yeah, even in the trailer I thought that part was lame. Still, I get the point of it, and the episode was pretty great.

>Solid action sequences
>Good soundtrack
>Great scenery
>Love the angle of Jack being exhausted and worn out after so many years of being hunted that his very morality is put into question, like the fact that his guilt pushed him into the village
>Another great bounty hunter villain
>The Aku cult is a bunch of Notice Me Sempais that he probably gives no shits about
>Those flashback training sequences
>WATCHOW

> think OP was trying to be funny
Joke sucked, that's probably why no one laughed.

It's just an opening, who cares? It's stylish as fuck.

and everyone got upset. that's my point.

I liked it, it shows that jack is the name he identifies as now instead of just a name he goes by in the older seasons.

Oh, that happened.

No. Not the opening. Jack says it in the first episode of the new season

Yeah, in the opening.

Literally as the title card comes up.

That is the opening son.

Truly, we are all Samurai Jack Season 5 Episode 1

Are you this guy? Stick to one thread.

Yes it sounds kind of goofy when he talks about himself in the third person, but imagine the REEEEEEE if they'd have changed it.

It's a lose-lose situation, and I think they made the right choice, this is the least-silly solution.

they probably are fans and want people to keep talking about it

I normally hate this type of pandering shit.
It was perfect here. Why?

Because its been 13 years since we last heard that mother fucker.

Because the alternatives are worse.
1) Keep the goofy intro with Aku (voiced by Mako) - doesn't work with the tone of the new series and disrespectful towards the dead guy
2) Record a new GRIMDARK intro with Aku (voiced by replacement) - tonally works with the show but disrespectful towards the stiff
3) Record a new GRIMDARK intro with Jack - tonally works with the show and respectful towards Mako, because the only character that is more important to the series is Jack.
4) Record a completely new intro that doesn't tie into the original series at all - REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE autists sperging out NOT MUH SAMURAI JAKU

Isn't the next ep supposed to have a full intro?

>loved samurai jack back in the day
>never watched the whole thing though, just whatever episodes I could catch on the TV
>hear that its getting a new season and they're actually going to finish the story
Well shit. Should I actually watch all 4 seasons before pickping up this new one? I mean, there isn't much of a storyline, most episodes seemed like "villain of the week" kind of thing. I'm halfway through season 2 now.

Yes, to get yourself hyped as well as because of the show being legitimately good.

Buy the DVDs if you can, LOTS of extras there.

>Disrespectful to the dead guy
How even

Extra episodes or extra stuff in already existing episodes?

>Scooby doo where are you!?

what were they thinking??

In a few weeks Sup Forums will hate this show.

Screencap this.

>people are bothered by this
>not the awful cellphone audio

To answer my own (semi-rhetorical) question: I feel it's actually because of the context, and emotion, more than anything. It just didn't seem shoehorned in at all, and you really felt Jack's pain in saying the words after 50 years of that.

That's because it was a fucking joke. Only actual autists (not the meme) could take it that seriously.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DVDBonusContent