Who are some more 'actors' that aren't actually actors but instead just play themselves over and over?

Who are some more 'actors' that aren't actually actors but instead just play themselves over and over?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1pfnvPhIFXg
youtube.com/watch?v=iovJoJhvsuY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

both of these fags

Ther eis no one better at thisthan bruce willis

Yeah, because Drax and Sapper are acted exactly the same way, right?

(OP)
pic unrelated i see

you say his play in Snatch is the same as in Benjamin Button or the Tree of life?

i bet youre just some jealous gen-z brat whos generation only produced actors like Ezra Miller

brad is unironically one of the most versatile actors in hollywood

You start.

I feel like as long as he's in a supporting role or part of an ensemble he enjoys it more. He's dead weight when he's in the lead.
The guy's a character actor to the core, but his looks forced him to be the leading man he was never interested in becoming.

Brad Pitts performance in Burn After Reading takes him out of this category for me desu senpai

>Joseph Gordon Levitt
> Ben Affleck
> Matt Damon
> Jason Bateman

The only correct answers so far.

he has the same 4 characters

He has done this in a few movies but can be versatile when he wants to.

I think it's most the fact that I just can't see him as anyone else and not much his acting.

>snatch
>fight club
>basterds
>burn after reading
>se7en
>tree of life
>12 monkeys
Try watching movies instead of shitposting.

Brad Pitt is not one of those guys. A lot of his performances are varied.

I think the guy I hate the most is Russell Crowe. He comes off as a smug elitest even though he just always plays Russell Crowe.

This. He was legitimately acting in Unbreakable, but he was just Sam Jackson.
Same shit with Robin Williams. Great actor, but he clearly just Robin Williams.

Johnny Depp

Definitely bateman..my god, he doesn't even try. Michael Bluthe in everything. Seth Rogan, Jennifer Aniston

No arguments here. If you can't even act humble then why act at all?

I would argue that Leo kind of fits this too actually, it's just that he emotes so much, no one ever calls him out on his lack of range.

When his Academy Award winning performance was almost entirely him grunting and crawling, it was probably a big hint as to his abilities.

Almost every hollywood great actors play himself.

Antony Hopkins. DeNiro. Al Pacino. became famous because they are sympathetic and can learn their script right

Maybe but I have never watched a Leo DiCaprio film where I wasn't well aware I was watching Leo DiCaprio. He doesn't exactly disappear into roles.

big tittied jew
big tittied superhero jew
big tittied uses all her brain jew
big tittied robotic jew

That's what I was saying. He's not very good and had to stop talking entirely just to be recognized by the academy.

>reading the outline

PERFECT!!

with few exceptions, he plays himself. Doesn't matter if it's Eathen Hunt, Jack Reacher or whatever, it's always Tom Cruise.
same case with Steven Seagal

>big tittied robotic jew
This is actually her only character. Even in interviews she's got no personality whatsoever, just like every single role she's ever had.

She gets a pass because she has big tits.
Post more noacting big titted actresses.

>no one has posted will smith yet.

>being this illiterate

wew

Mid-to-late-90s Al Pacino in every film where he suddenly STARTS YELLING LIKE THIS. Prime example:

youtube.com/watch?v=1pfnvPhIFXg

Sam Jackson. Or basically every black actor.

but brad has pretty good range desu

I'll go a shade whiter.
It got even more apparent when he started trying to play badass antagonists. It was goddamned hilarious.
youtube.com/watch?v=iovJoJhvsuY

> le sage old negro

Hope you're not implying Brad Pitt isn't an actor. In person and interviews he's completely docile. Years ago when he lived in Oyster Bay New York I would see him every other week with George Clooney at the local supermarket. Even still he was very quiet and tame.

Now go watch him in 12 Monkeys and tell me that's even CLOSE to how he acted in World War Z.

If you see them as the same person, you're literally retarded and don't understand acting.

>just play themselves over and over

Hmm

this fucking guy

Jack Nicholson too.

He doesn't act. He just reads the script in a really intimidating way and scares everyone on set.

The Hurricane

will smith always play himself, worked for some movies like Mib, but was terrible for example in Suicide squad.

Beyond B8

Oh. Oh, I get it.

>Aiden Gillen is a vaguely-menacing minor antagonist with an indeterminate accent

The only movie he didn't do it was Ali, and it's his best movie.

Motherfucker can’t even act like he’s not holding something. Fuck brad pitt

i don't know what the fuck he was doing in that movie

You haven't seen The Wire. Pleb.

Also that one where he plays a poofter.

Denzel in prison

tom hanks

Everyone but:
Mads
Depp
DDL
Bale
Oldman

quirky yet chad guy with funny hat Depp ?

Pretty obvious one.

Meryl Streep, most over rated muff garbage.

Pirates
Fear and Loathing
Donnie Brasco
Blow

Just off the top of my head.

Nicholson can act though. He just started playing a caricature of himself from the 90's on. Easy money.

>t. Small guy

Kat Dennings is one

This.

t. Bane

an incomplete list:
Keanu Reeves
Tom Cruise
Jim Carrey
Tom Hanks
Clint Eastwood
Arnold Schwarzenegger
George Clooney
RDJ
Will Smith
Hugh Jackman
Al Pacino
Robert deNiro
Harrison Ford
Sylvester Stallone
Denzel Washington
John Travolta
Orlando Bloom (barely an actor)
Jeff Goldblum
Cristopher Walken
Willem Dafoe
Forrest Whitakes
Cuba Gooding Jr.
Matt Damon
Bin Al-Fliqqi
Christian Bale

and that's just the men, the list of actresses is probably twice as long

Ryan reynolds

>easy

Pretty accurate list, got a few objections, some of these actors tried something different at least once.
Hanks - ladykillers
Deniro - frankenstein
Bale - the fighter
Whitaker - battlefield earth
Jackman - that captain hook thing, don't know the title

Remove:
Jim Carrey
RDJ (seriously? He's overpaid but a great actor)
Hugh Jackman
Willem Dafoe
Cuba Gooding Jr.

and you've got a decent list

>wisecrack about how I'm not that old and I'm still good-looking for my age

Kalifornia

"what are we some type of... suicide squad."

Acting. Dicknugget.

>moving the goalposts
Op said that they play themselves. This implies ONE character.

>plays token russian
>doesn't even look russian, but like a dirty swede

I remember when he was the biggest actor is the world...Haven't heard about him in years though

Rock yes, Dave no.

yeah I was hesitant to put some of those on as I know they have a few outliers (should have added Depp for that same reason but didn't)

>RDJ (seriously? He's overpaid but a great actor)
I'm not implying they're all bad at acting or I wouldn't have included my main man Dafoe on that list, it's just that some of them have very distinct characteristics (mannerisms/appearance etc) that are strong enough to pull them out of character (for me at least). so in a sense the list combines bad actors with good actors who are difficult to camouflage into character. doesn't make them less entertaining though.

>OP picks one of the few mainstream actors who doesn't do this

This. And Jason Statham.

Pursuit of happiness