Spider-Man to sink the MCU

I think Spider-Man is going to crash the MCU.

I'm not specifically talking about Spider-Man Homecoming, but just how much Spider-Man will be squeezed into the Marvel movies. Sony is pushing for a Spider-Man sequel every 2 years, with Spider-Man Homecoming 2 (god, I hate typing that out) comes out 2 months after Avengers 4, a film Spider-Man will also be in. At this rate, it would be likely that Spider-Man will get 2 movies a MCU Phase, and be used in every Avengers film from here on out. On top of that, if Sony wants to add more films for their off years like Venom, that's multiple movies Marvel has to work around to accommodate Spider-Man.

With films like Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther and Captain Marvel most likely getting sequels, it becomes a much tighter balancing act to balance the MCU but also catering to Sony's Spider-Man needs. This will allow no room for new franchises to emerge, unless Marvel decides to push for 4 MCU films a year, which is asking a lot.

Spider-man will crash the MCU.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3PyrgGTFp0E
youtube.com/watch?v=Ny3ckjiTJCk
youtube.com/watch?v=HQcLClgLfkg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>the most potentially successful character will crash the MCU

lol ok

>cape fatigue bubble
How is life back in 2014?

The difference is that the entire MCU now has to operate around Spider-Man.

>Avengers 4, a film Spider-Man will also be in
Since when? Nobody even knew Spidey was going to be in Infinity War until a couple months ago.

>and be used in every Avengers film from here on out.
I sincerely doubt that. Spidey's street level. Avengers films are about global impacting threats. I would honestly be surprised if Spidey's part in Infinity War is beyond a cameo as I seriously cannot see him playing a significant role in the film's events.

They'll flounder for a Phase but I can't imagine them failing. Hopefully it'll hurt them enough that they need to rethink their strategy. Two ways it could go? We either start getting more small scale movies or well get less movies.

Hopefully when it settles MCU will be better at Event Fatigue than the comics. Neither matters tho, Disney will make money well after we died.

Jesus you're pathetic Sup Forums

NOTHING IS GOING TO SINK THE MCU

As opposed to operating around Iron Man?

Stop it with the capeshit doomsday theories already, they manage to be dumber than real life doomsday theories.

Oh look it's another "MCU is definitely doomed this time" thread

At least you're doing better than "GoTG2 will be the first big flop" like you did with every other movie for the past 3 years

>implying that's a bad thing

ITT hardworking interns

>Stop disagreeing with me reeeeeee

>Stop doubting my masters reeeeee

>Since when? Nobody even knew Spidey was going to be in Infinity War until a couple months ago.

GEE, it's almost like if they're using Spider-Man for their big blowout film that's filming all year long, they would use Spider-Man for the conclusion of it!

>>I sincerely doubt that. Spidey's street level. Avengers films are about global impacting threats. I would honestly be surprised if Spidey's part in Infinity War is beyond a cameo as I seriously cannot see him playing a significant role in the film's events.

Then why is Spider-Man on an alien planet with Starlord and Iron Man?

Completely hijacking this thread, do you realistically think the MCU will ever end in our lifetimes? Given the amount of source material and after I think they recast the OG Avengers for the first time, I really don't think people will mind. This train will never ever stop.

Fiege already confirmed that they will do smaller films after Infinity Wars. Though, I'm questioning if that's the right approach because a lot of them seem pretty small scale since Ant-Man, Civil War and Dr. Strange.

Alien planets can have streets

Iron Man didn't have an Avengers film and an Iron Man film coming out two months apart.

It will end like comics nowadays. They exist, but people virtually ignore their existence.

>Then why is Spider-Man on an alien planet with Starlord and Iron Man?

That's a good question, WHY? I never liked that shit in the comics because 9/10 unless it was the classic Secret Wars, Spider-Man was a jobber, and then it throws his main books off because he went from a galactic jobber to a street level doofus again.

Why would anybody want that on the big screen?

It can be. If Joss Whedon had trouble taking the rest of Phase 2 in account, how will the films adjust to Spider-Man going through a film every two years? Hell, is there enough time for them to make visually intriguing Spider-Man films in that amount of time?

If the financial projections look like that's even a remote possibility, Marvel will simply stop using him and leave Sony to flounder.

Sony wanted the PS3 to be the best selling console of the previous generation and that didn't happen either

I bet we'll have Moon Knight on Netflix before we have a solo Venom movie

>GEE, it's almost like if they're using Spider-Man for their big blowout film that's filming all year long, they would use Spider-Man for the conclusion of it!
I doubt it.

>Then why is Spider-Man on an alien planet with Starlord and Iron Man?
What makes you think he is? Just because Holland was on that set when the photo was taken doesn't mean he was filming that scene. You do realize they film multiple bits simultaneously during filming right? It's entirely possible he popped in to say 'hi' between takes.

So that's the whole thing you're basing this on?
Two movies with the same character are close together so fuck it that can't work, capeshit is doomed?

WW and JLA come out 4 months appart, I doubt that it means WW is going to hijack the DCEU.

Yeah, the Venom movie is a textbook case of NEVER EVER. They've been trying to make it since 2008.

>Joss Whedon had trouble taking the rest of Phase 2 in account
Because he didn't want to.

Nah, eventually Valiant will make movies. That will blow the bubble for all cape comics for a decade or two.

>Given the amount of source material
How much is left? Among the Movies and TV shows dividing up every part of the Marvel comics, and take away the FF and X-Men, the material is going to dry up fast. For example, currently, Zola, Red Skull and Strucker have all been dealt with and even more done with Agents of SHIELD, thus invalidating a lot of Hydra stories. Ronan the Accuser dying takes away a lot of cosmic stories. We don't even know what Jessica Jones is going to do for Season 2 because its' beyond its source material at this point. How long before we're resorting to the Headsmen or Squirrel Girl films?

And if you doubt me, remember before Phase 3 was started and people had their guesses for the films, and now we got Civil War, Planet Hulk, Ragnarok, Black Panther, Carol Danvers, and Infinity Gauntlet as films? Well, what are the most asked about films for Phase 4? There's no straight answer because we're passing the barrier of known properties.

Well played. You get a (You)

>WW and JLA come out 4 months appart, I doubt that it means WW is going to hijack the DCEU

I mean I've learned not to rule anything out with the DCEU at this point

Valiant is making TV series by now.

I hate Spiderman so I really hope his movie fails. We saw what they did to Thor after two underperforming movies

Holland was definitely wearing a mocap suit in that IW video so I'm guessing he'll be getting the Iron Spider suit.
Spider-Man is stronger than most of the Avengers and he's smart enough to enough to impress Tony.
Plus he's Marvel's most popular hero, he should not just be a cameo in an Avengers movie.

Please, people love incompetent Spider-Man. Look at the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.

>And if you doubt me, remember before Phase 3 was started and people had their guesses for the films, and now we got Civil War, Planet Hulk, Ragnarok, Black Panther, Carol Danvers, and Infinity Gauntlet as films? Well, what are the most asked about films for Phase 4? There's no straight answer because we're passing the barrier of known properties.

It really sucks how many stories would open up with just the Fantastic Four rights returning.

Herdsmen are some of the only Marvel characters I like. Ruby Thursday might actually make me pay money for a Marvel movie.

Well that's really fucking pathetic.

So what?

You think they can't make shit up?

Except people love Spider-Man. You'd have a point if they were going to shoehorn Dr. Strange or Starlord into everything, but Spider-Man is one of the most popular superheroes of all time.

Civil War, Planet Hulk and Infinity Gauntlet are just a couple of casual-friendly events, that's why everyone brought them up all the time. Ragnarok is mostly mythologyfags who've never read comics.

There's still plenty of material left.

>There's still plenty of material left.
Such as?

There's already speculation about Spider-Man getting Venom from Infinity Wars, so a spinoff is possible.
Tom Holland has mocap on his face in another video. Are you trolling me at this point? Because why would the announce Spider-man in Infinity Wars if he's not going to be a big part in Infinity Wars?
It's more than that, it's that it seems that the MCU might overindulge with Spider-Man before the pilot film has a chance to liftoff.

T.butthurt spiderfag

After thirty years of absolute garbage comics you'd think you people would be ready to let Peter die, but I guess the only people dumb enough to still like Spider-man are maladjusted and developmentally disabled.

>We saw what they did to Thor after two underperforming movies
Make a 3rd one?

>Spider-Man is stronger than most of the Avengers and he's smart enough to enough to impress Tony.
True.
>Plus he's Marvel's most popular hero
Indeed.
>he should not just be a cameo in an Avengers movie.
I agree. He shouldn't be in Avengers movies at all because it makes little sense for him to be in them. He's a street hero, not a global scale one. His function is looking out for the little guy, not saving the world.

user I like Valiant too, but no way is Valiant ever going to touch Marvel's success.

Not by popular demand, though.

Like I said pathetic.

Give Thor's name away to a girl and use his movies to bypass Universal's rights for a Hulk movie.

>>Tony gives this random kid an Iron Man suit before any of his friends.
What a jackass!
I don't see FOX playing ball.
Well, yeah. With how basic a lot of their films have been, I do doubt their ability to be creative.
Being popular doesn't mean that every time he's used will be good. We already had a failed Spider-Man franchise that shows it can go sour.

>There's still plenty of material left.
See, this is why I hate arguing with people over this point, they never back up their statements. Keep in mind, I'm talking about stuff that when announced, people lose their minds over. Outside Dark Reign, Secret Invasion or Secret Wars, I don't see them have much ammo left.

>There's already speculation about Spider-Man getting Venom from Infinity Wars
Speculation =/= any inclination from Marvel Studios of it happening.

>Tom Holland has mocap on his face in another video.
>Because why would the announce Spider-man in Infinity Wars if he's not going to be a big part in Infinity Wars?
He is in Infinity War. But that doesn't mean he's playing a significant part in it. Nor does it mean he's in Avengers 4.
>It's more than that, it's that it seems that the MCU might overindulge with Spider-Man before the pilot film has a chance to liftoff
Not seeing it. He's only confirmed to appear in two movies from this point if we're excluding Homecoming.
>It's Infinity WARS guy.

Oh, okay. I'm going to stop falling for the bait now. Literally everything you say is always bullshit.

So, the guy who shoots arrows and the woman who...shoots things? Chucks people around? Black Widow is unclear, but you think they are more eligible than Spider-man?

Like, I get your point, but your argument is silly if those two are Avengers and Spider-Man is not.

Literally anything that's been published in the last 50+ years that you didn't mention, how about that? Fucking anything, from Kraven's Last Hunt to Future Imperfect, going by Secret Wars, Maximum Carnage or any amount of dumb shit you can think of.
>inb4 but they're bad/invovle the FF
That didn't stop Civil War and Infinity Gauntlet from happening.

>That didn't stop Civil War and Infinity Gauntlet from happening.
Alas.

>So, the guy who shoots arrows and the woman who...shoots things? Chucks people around? Black Widow is unclear, but you think they are more eligible than Spider-man?

Yeah, because they operate globally. That's their role, not Spider-man's. He's not a member of the Avengers.

Spider-Man doesn't only do street level shit. He's fought big bads. He's had adventures in space and in other dimensions. He's stopped massive disasters a bunch of times.

He also joins the Avengers not too long after his comic starts, and routinely assists them in handling global catastrophes.

So what exactly are you basing this all on? His previous movie portrayals?

Spider-Man might be mostly street level but that doesn't matter, I'm pretty sure he's not the type of guy to think global destruction is something to sneeze at.

youtube.com/watch?v=3PyrgGTFp0E

youtube.com/watch?v=Ny3ckjiTJCk

TWO
FUCKING
VIDEOS
CONFIRMING
SPIDER-MAN
IN
THE
FUCKING
FILM!!!!

Are you retarded from denial or retarded cause you're stubborn?

>He's not a member of the Avengers
Except for when he is.

Oh yeah because only failed movie characters got All-New legacies over at comics Marvel.

Kraven Last Hunt will probably play out differently. I mean, you can't have a film where Spider-man is just buried alive for most of it. Also, It's kind of hard seeing Kraven as a threat when Pete can stop Bucky. Secret Wars will probably be the big blowout like Infinity Wars, and Max Carnage, I just see being the villain of some Venom film. I can see Future Imperfect being an Avengers film.

But yeah, you got points there.

This. He will be shoved into everything now, at the expense of Marvel's other characters.

>Keep in mind, I'm talking about stuff that when announced, people lose their minds over.
Nice moving of the goalposts.
You've literally named 3 events about as big as Infinity Gauntlet. Those aren't even needed for solo movies.
Fuck the 1st Avengers movie was loosely based on 1 fucking issue of Avengers, it didn't need the "we're totally adapting this shitty event guys" hype.

It's almost like you're ignoring the fact that Spider-Man was in Germany in Civil War and will be on an alien planet in Infinity Wars. Face it, Spider-Man has been an Avenger for a decade and a half now.

Nobody is saying he isn't in the film. He obviously's been confirmed for at least two months that he's appearing in Infinity War. But nothing's been said of him having a large roll or that he's appearing in Avengers 4.

>He also joins the Avengers not too long after his comic starts, and routinely assists them in handling global catastrophes

Nope. Spider-Man as an Avenger is a relatively recent thing.(2000s)

I would almost suck boco's dick for a good XO Manowar movie or miniseries

They're for sure not going to miss their chance to do Dark Reign with Trump in office and access to Osborn.

First Avengers movie was also based on the Ultimates comics. Like sure, they can go more obscure, but every now and then a film uses up an entire years worth of stuff, like Civil War, or how Thor Ragnarok will merge two storylines.

>Kraven Last Hunt will probably play out differently.
That's how it goes for most MCU adaptations anyway.

>Spidey's street level. Avengers films are about global impacting threats.

Remember Clone Conspiracy, where Pete stopped the whole world turning into basically zombies?

Then I'd say you're extremely foolish to think so. Avengers 3 and 4 are probably going to be similar in terms of storylines, so I don't see why they wouldn't bleed into each other.
You do know it's 2017 currently, right? I mean, Hulk is now considered an Avenger.

youtube.com/watch?v=HQcLClgLfkg

I mean in Dr Strange they saved the entire universe from Dormammy

>Homecoming 2
Why are you calling it that?

Why do people love Kraven's last Hunt so much? I finally read it recently, and it just seems like a "Har har, Spider-Man got shat on" story. Like, Peter doesn't really do anything in it.

>how Thor Ragnarok will merge two storylines.
From what we've seen the only thing that seems to have slipped from Panet Hulk is Hulk fighting gladiator matches, I doubt we'll get much of the Planet Hulk actual story in this.

Civil War barely used anything from the comics except for half of its premise. Thank God.

>It's almost like you're ignoring the fact that Spider-Man was in Germany in Civil War
Not forgetting. There was precedence for that. Tony blackmailed him. This kind of thing I don't think he'll repeat.
>will be on an alien planet in Infinity War
You don't know that. You're just assuming because of a video that showed Holland and Downey Jr. on that set. For all we know, Holland was doubling as an alien that'll be placed in later. They don't need a mocap suit for Spidey (pic related).

>Spider-Man has been an Avenger for a decade and a half now.
He hasn't even been part of the MCU for a year. How does that make him an Avenger in the films?

> Spider-Man got shat on
Isn't the story the exact opposite of that? Showing him rising up from the very bottom?

Err....

>Hulk is now considered an Avenger
Well he is one of the original members of the original team, why wouldn't he be?

People like Kraven

embarrassing

This is so asinine and really speaks volumes about the mindset of this generation. Either you really do believe that everyone with a different opinion than yours is an employee of the company you don't like, in which case it's soul crushing as hell that you could be dumb enough to let yourself fall into that line of thinking; or you don't actually believe it, but are willing to constantly shitpost about it anyway out of frustration and lack of an argument, or boredom, or both. I'm not sure which prospect is more frightening.

>spiderman over ironman

So, we are going to have capeshit until 2035?

I'm pretty sure it's just a low effort way to bait people into (You)s.

Cause calling it Spider-Man 2 is confusing.
But that's the thing. I doubt we'll see Hulk land up on another planet again and taking out the Gladiatorial matches is a big part of planet Hulk. Civil War pretty much makes a lot of those extra comics redundant.
Like, if Doc Ock was in a film and dies, all Doc Ock stories would be redundant for the films.
>For all we know, Holland was doubling as an alien that'll be placed in later.
Wow. Fucking wow. Are you drinking fucking bleach? You have one of Marvel's most popular heroes, and you choose to NOT have him be in the big blowout films with all the major heroes? In fact, you're saying that not only should he not be in an Avenger, but you're saying that you only see him as street level even though he's CLEARLY on an alien planet?

I think you might just be the most delusional fuck on this entire board.

This post reeks of denial.

For only 2 issues until he came back in Avengers vs. X-Men. Spider-Man has been on the Avengers longer than the Hulk has.

Good boy.

I think eventually there will come a point where they'll have to latch onto the latest cinematic fads in order to stay relevant and reinvigorate the formula.

Kind of like the Kanye West of movies. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but if they were to go that route I could see them lasting until at least the middle of the century. You have to remind yourself that comic book movies as a concept have been a thing for quite a long fucking time at this point, and are likely to endure. It's just the dynamics of marketing which changes and sees innovation.

The actors they got for the support cast ruined the movie for me, they all look stupid and the fat kid looks like he's a downy, not to mention the raceswapping, and Pete just being an Iron Man fanboy is stupid, Spidey is my favourite hero but I wouldnt see this movie if you paid me to

>>Spider-Man can't be an Avenger!
>>He has to be street level!
>>That footage of him in Infinity Wars means nothing!
>>He's clearly playing an alien! You'll see.
>>Why would Spider-Man ever be an Avenger?
>>The comics that make Spider-Man go above street level are stupid, therefore the studios won't acknowledge them because my opinions are absolute!
>>Seriously guys! Spider-Man won't be a big part of Infinity Wars cause they'll keep him street level!

>Those stories where he stopped global disasters like Clone Conspiracy also mean nothing!

Alright so my dream movies would be a Maestro movie (maybe two, one Hulk movie and one Maestro vs Avengers?) and a Young Avengers movie.

Nobody cares.

God I love this place

MY dream movie would be adapting Tom King's Vision with no kiddy gloves on.