Write a cartoon that takes place iowa!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vbcc8x7j1Lg
youtube.com/watch?v=2rCECN0VxIs
youtube.com/watch?v=6g5lcAraDTs
i.imgur.com/35DbBS4.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No clue, but you can set it in Sioux City and three-birds-one-stone it, since it's in IA, NE, and SD.

IDK,Maybe a slice of life sitcom cartoon?

Something like Hey Arnold or Kitty bo bo

Some person/people Get annoyed over the fact that Iowa is not known for anything, and always forgotten, so they set out to find the one thin that will definitely put it on the map.
Hilarious hijinks ensue.

There could perhaps be potential for a mini-series centered on the presidential caucus there, but it'd have to accurately attack everybody.

This one's good.

Can't we just do a capeshit adaptation? Wild Dog is from the QC and Hawkeye is from Waverly

I'm the guy who posts the hobo adventures idea in a lot of those cartoon pitches thread. Maybe that would work in Iowa?

I don't remember the city, but it is where the annual national hobo convention takes place. They elect a king that gets their portrait painted

a humble corn-farmer deals with cocaine addicted college students that dont know how to work a tractor
this is all my dad told me about living in iowa

Slipknot Spooky Mysteries

meth actually

are these like those stupid threads on /s/ where people ask for pictures of girls that are hypothetically from a particular state?

local pride is fucking weird

no,its because literally nothing of value in media takes place in iowa except "Whats eating Gilbert Grape"

You've got 50 states. Why did you decide to use my semi-backwater state?

And Wild Dog, The Music Man, and State Fair

Cold Turkey,Felid of dreams

Is Children of the Corn set there, or was the reboot just shot there?

Crazies, Butter, Cedar Rapids

iowa sound like an anime word.

fucking iowapologists

>forgetting this classic

youtube.com/watch?v=vbcc8x7j1Lg

A cartoon about nothing?

well, you have the man wolf cryptid from iowa, I guess you can make a cartoon about it.

>backwater
Have you been to iowa?

Here in Missouri you guys are known for gays, being fuck awful drivers and Zombie Burger, which is about the only positive thing in your whole state.

Because that cartoon geography thread was struggling to find something for Iowa

I live there. It's fucking nothing.

It's a noir style comic that takes place in Des Moines Iowa

>All the candidates trying to participate in whatever hijinks the locals come up with.
>Iowans Making up random stuff just to mess with everyone.
youtube.com/watch?v=2rCECN0VxIs
It's like a celebrity vs locals thing.
Celebrity vs Locals

>East Coast guy journalism student from an elite university reluctantly moves to small town in Iowa as part of a program in college
>Guy has tough time adjusting, due to his misconceptions about the town and the town's discomfort with "strangers"
>Guy befriends the town's gay black kid and a local girl interested in the supernatural
>The three of them build a strong bond and begin to explore the local mysteries of the town and the surrounding county

I guess you could say it's sorta an Iowan version of "Gravity Falls" or whatever, but I actually loosely based some of this on my experiences in Iowa a few years ago.

One already exists
youtube.com/watch?v=6g5lcAraDTs

>for gays,
Seriously? Outside of college towns I hardly see hide nor hair of a gay person.
>being fuck awful drivers
Motherfucker don't you fucking go there, every time I go to Missouri to visit family I have to inch along the roads because you people apparently don't believe in shoulders.
>Zombie Burger
Never actually had it, is it as good as literally fucking everyone who goes there says it is?

Another Iowan here it's pretty good. Try the "they are coming for you Barbara" it's damn good

>the gnome's face
The better state is the one that's his giant dick.

What did he mean by this?

i live in iowa

woo

>burger with two grilled cheese sandwiches for buns
Christ almighty

The Straight Story starts there.

A show about Roger, the mildly autistic purveyor of Secret Pizza and A-OK Taxi. Marilyn Manson said he was very disturbing.

Secret Pizza being his business which was based around the idea that if you could reveal where he made the pizza, it would be free, and he delivered them whenever he felt like it.

And A-OK Taxi being his more recent business, which is him driving an unregistered "taxi" that is visibly full of trash. i.imgur.com/35DbBS4.jpg

No one gives a fuck about Iowa

Des Moines is a top tier city. Everything else in Iowa is boring.

inb4 "city"

Iowa is actually really serene to drive through, both on the interstate and county roads.

I also recommend southeastern Nebraska (particularly around Lincoln, which itself is a very cute, charming city) and the Kansas flint hills for somewhat similar views. Go in spring.

this

the only time Iowa is mentioned here is when it is the butt of some joke

t. Minnesotan

>Hi......I'm in.....Iowa.....okay....

Nebraska.

It wouldn't be too hard. Any sort of show set in a small Midwestern town would obviously apply. Any sort of show set in medium sized city would have several options. Waterloo would cover any crime related cartoon, could also be used for any show centering on a desolate, abandoned Rustbelt factory town.

Pot meet kettle.

Iowa is known for three things:

Bicycles (See: RAGBRAI, an annual 400 mile party on wheels that lasts a week)
Motorcycles (See: Sturgis Falls, one of the biggest motorcycle rallies in the country)
Pork (yum)

two corn stocks talk to each other

Gravity Falls meets Men in Black.

>A kid is sent to his grandparents' farm for the summer.
>bored out of his mind he starts wandering around the farms and the local town
>sees strange things
>turns out most of the townsfolk are various aliens in disguise.
>he meets an alien girl
>they break the rules and sneak out in a spaceship.
>draw some unwanted attention from bad aliens and the government.
>government tells the aliens in town that they have to leave soon because they brought trouble.
>boy and girl successfully execute a scheme to solve the problem they caused before the townsfolk have to go. convince government problem is handled.
>boy gets some interplanetary ass
>boy goes home and doesn't tell his grandparents about the aliens.
>grandparents and most of the humans in the area know of course. they don't mind because the aliens are good folk.
>repeat a few more summers as the boy comes back for vacation.
>grandparents tell him, he tells them he knows already. boy gets the farm and the grandparents move to arizona.
>boy marries alien.
>boy now a man runs farm in between adventures with aliens.

I'm FROM Iowa and I don't even know about Zombie Burger.

And we're great drivers, we just have our own rules. You will die if you follow traffic laws here.

We also have city-owned fiber optic internet in some places.

>stocks
It's "cornstalks". This was funnier when I misread it as cocks.

ALIENS
FROM IRELAND
WANT TO STEAL ALL THE POTATOES TO CONQUER THE WORLD

>waterloo

That's not how you spell cedar rapids. Even the east side is pretty chill. I've walked through there at 2 am a few times, even saw some black dudes. Didn't get mugged or shot. Would not try that in Cedar Rapids. Iowa City's a maybe, but only because I'm a man. Lot of rape down there.

I did have an idea for a superhero cartoon.

If I was ordered by an executive to have it take place in Iowa, I can't say it would really effect anything so I guess I would just have it set in Des Moines.

>help us power man, without iowa corn the world will have slightly less corn!

We feed you, jerkquad.

>Waterloo would cover any crime related cartoon,

:(

I grew up in Cedar Rapids.
A cartoon about kids trying different schemes to get to another state would be pretty representative of my general feeling

Iowa City is cool though, there could easily be a college slice-of-life show set there. Or a cartoon advertisement for Quaker Oats.

Fuck Waterloo for real
And Ames, fucking tornado chickens

More like fuck UNI.

>hey lets go to UNI they have a ratio of 60/30 women to men

>get there

>most of the women are looking for husbands, not dtf in college, or dating guys that go to other schools

>most of them are white girls from small towns who wouldn't even date the black football players let alone a black guy in general

> I'm black

Was such a ripoff.

It's so good tho

IN A WORLD, that is Iowa, the main characters try to escape the HELLHOLE that is Iowa.

Most do not succeed.

I made it as far as Missouri.

Missouri is worse.

I could completely see some bullshit indie-style comic about a group of friends riding in RAGBRAI.

Two day of riding followed a by nights stopover in shitty podunk college town with whatever local band they managed to pull out of the one decent bar only to sober up the next morning and repeat for the rest of the week.

Wisconsin has the worst drivers

That is almost exactly how it goes.

Except the college towns are the GOOD towns and they have like a million bars because there's literally nothing to do but drink your life away.

Agree with the million bars part, can disagree with the good part depending on what towns we're using for examples. Storm lake outside of the campus was pretty much a middle to lower-income shithole.

yeah i mostly meant the big three, cedar falls, ames, and most of iowa city.