/trek/-Temporal Cold War Edition

Why was the temporal cold war so poorly done? It was a cool concept. We should have had a show set in the 31st century about Daniels instead of the 22nd about Archer.

Daniels was definitely a soyboy. Even had fake eyelashes.

For everyone that saw Attached, what was Beverly afraid of?

>Why was the temporal cold war so poorly done?

Let's be honest for once.

Dukat actually did a lot wrong.

Watching with a quasi-critical eye, we simply cannot take the concept of time travel seriously anymore. At first I started making my time travel posts as a joke ("Why don't they call it X instead of a timeship? The name is misleading") but I'm starting to get annoyed whenever anyone uses the time travel. I just can't stop thinking about all the plot holes, the unbelievable decisions that people make, the fact that it's possible for the technology to work flawlessly while not responding to controls because of some major spatial anomaly, there's so much about the time travel that doesn't make even a little bit of sense. And then there's the fucking Voyage Home. They slingshot around a star and go back in time, but they can't just go back in time regularly? Actually, we know that they CAN and DO do this--in that episode with the Guardian of Forever, we see it done, it's the entire plot--and no amount of handwaving can make me believe that there is some reason that makes sense diegetically NOT to have done this before. And the time travel almost never malfunctions; when it does, they can fix it, no problem. It's even more unbelievable than Data's ability to know that they're caught in a time loop in Cause and Effect. Why the fuck can't they make more timeships? Why the fuck can't timeships experience emotions but Moriarty can? If a Holodeck replicates matter on demand, why can't the replicate and timeship? Why does that new timeline lose canon when it leaves the time travel if it's not anti-time, rather than time? Who decided that the time travel was a good idea?

kliongon dicks

The Cardassian race is a joke, Dukat is the punchline.

I'm not a computer, what does that binary say?

>Dukat carrying a bat'leth
>while fighting two klingons with bat'leths
>so Dukat engaged three klingons, took the weapon off from one of them and proceeded to kill the other two

Dukat not only was an amoral psychopath but was also one of the most hubristic motherfuckers in modern pop culture.

"Minor" and "Good".

Are you a rogue AI?

who has the best titties in star trek? im gonna throw Leeta up there as pretty high ranking

Anyone else think that Klingons are kinda gay?

naeh
they're jewey cowards though

user.... I.... I have some bad news for you

nothing changed in the 22nd century. the first and second seasons should have had the timeline changing and only Archer, Daniels, and Selik aware. Since they all have implants that keep them isolated with in the timeline.

Because time travel sucks for coherent story telling.
It's best used for the occasional episode when you want to indulge in fan service.

Someone mentioned a few days ago the costume designer on the original series woukd get strict guidelines from the studio for making women's costumes and then would follow them but still make the clothes slitty af. Can anyone confirm this?

It was not a good concept.
>I'm gonna go back in time 100 years and blow up your planet
>yeah? Well I'm gonna go back in time infinity years and blow up YOUR planet!
>oh yeah? Well I'm going back infinity and one years!

Even good episodes of VOY were conceptually incoherent and are overrated in retrospect

Did the president of the federation finally see a barber?

makes even less sense because Kess' reverse aging time travel episode ends with her warning them.

Was Kes a good character or was she shit? I'm torn. She annoys me but I feel like she actually developed over the course of the show.

She could take 'em

I actually really liked her, and like all of Voyager, she had a shit-tonne of potential

Watching with a quasi-critical eye,U simply cannot take the concept of the Holodeck seriously anymore. At first I started making my Holodeck posts as a joke ("Why don't they call it X instead of a Holodeck? The name is misleading") but I'm starting to get annoyed whenever anyone uses the Holodeck. I just can't stop thinking about all the plot holes, the unbelievable decisions that people make, the fact that it's possible for the technology to work flawlessly while not responding to controls because of some major spatial anomaly, there's so much about the Holodeck that doesn't make even a little bit of sense. And then there's the fucking Doctor. They put a bunch of EMHs in a cave system to mine dilithium or something, but they can't set up holoprojectors around Voyager? Actually, we know that they CAN and DO do this--in that episode with the Hirogen, we see it done, it's the entire plot--and no amount of handwaving can make me believe that there is some reason that makes sense diegetically NOT to have done this before. And the mobile emitter almost never malfunctions; when it does, they can fix it, no problem. It's even more unbelievable than Geordi's ability to operate on Data's positronic brain without actually being a cybernetics genius like Singh was. Why the fuck can't they make more Datas? Why the fuck can't Data experience emotions but Moriarty can? If a Holodeck replicates matter on demand, why can't the replicate and android? Why does that replicated matter lose cohesion when it leaves the Holodeck if it's replicated, rather than projected? Who decided that the Holodeck was a good idea?

>If a Holodeck replicates matter on demand, why can't the replicate and android?
Because Data's positronic brain folds into subspace.

Damn.
Watching the Visitor, ds9.
Started out as a boring annoying episode, but it's getting to me.
I think it would've just stayed frustrating and boring a few years ago before I lost my father to temporal accidents.

did the existance of daniel's imply that the universe is older than 13 billion years or whatever it is now? if he's in the 31st century of earth and earth couldnt have existed that long yet... how is time travel that far ahead possible? whats past the 31st century? do you think the 31st century time police people have people from the 140th century coming to keep THEIR timeline in check?

>did the existance of daniel's imply that the universe is older than 13 billion years or whatever it is now? if he's in the 31st century of earth and earth couldnt have existed that long yet... how is time travel that far ahead possible?
Stop trying to become the next big meme.

>TBOBW not great.
Trash list.

I'm sorry to hear that bro, the same thing happened to me a couple of times too.

Yeah it's been a garbage list for years, it's only posted for bait purposes now.

Did she show them off?

Floppy hangers. Pushup bra power.

Never bothered to look at it until now. I should redo this list...

You aren't supposed to think about it.

Okay, but did she show her tits somewhere?

I thought it was weird she got such a horrible ending. nothing good happens to her after she leaves Voyager, it's just a horrible life and she looks like shit. I miss the Kes that stood up for the Doctor and was happy and helpful and cute. What she got in the end was like., damn... why

I have that book. Shitty game rules.

What's the TNG episode where some lady screams and is halfway in the floor dead?

>Attached
>just okay
Fuck that, that episode tears me apart.
JEAN-LUC, YOU AND BEVERLY WERE MEANT TO BE TOGETHER. WHY CAN'T YOU SEE THAT? YOU DON'T HAVE HER FIND OUT YOUR FEELINGS FOR HER THEN TURN AROUND AND SAY YOU DON'T FEEL THAT WAY ANYMORE. FUCK.

>What she got in the end was like., damn... why
Was it a contract thing or something? She leaves the episode after 7 of 9 is introduced so it's really kind of like 'just forget about her, here's a new girl with wider hips and bigger tits and a different relationship with the Doctor and autism'
Yet another thing VOY fucked up. Janeway did nothing wrong, though.

In Theory. That's the B plot.

You asked this question the other day and then we told you and then you watched it and complained.

Has anyone rewritten voyager? Like a fan comic or novel series that takes the potential and doesn't fuck it up?

Yeah, it's called Enterprise season 3, Battlestar Galactica seasons 1 and 2, and Farscape.

Battlestar Galactica (2004)

Farscape was actually really good

>Enterprise season 3
Go back and watch that again, user, it's pretty fucking incoherent and stupid.
>Xindi plan is to destroy Earth
>They don't just throw an asteroid into it at relativistic speeds
>Instead they spend decades building a superweapon to blow up 1 planet
>Temporal cold war is retarded

That's such a stupid episode but the womans character motivation is spot on and data behaves exactly as I imagine he would in that scenario. The only flaw is that Data is the perfect partner and that dumb bitch walked away. I'm not even gay but I'd do whatever it took to keep that mechanical dildo in my grasp

Women want a man who really cares about their problems and can focus all of his attention on her at all times. Data can't do any of that.

My next question regardless of what answer I recieced was gonna be

Has anyone rewritten enterprise? Like a fan comic or novel series that takes the potential of the founding of the federation and all that romulan shit and leaves out the xindi and temporal war bullshit. Kind of shit how even star trek wasn't immune to the 9/11 allegory

The worst is that they actually test their weapon on Earth, which gives Earth advance warning and sends the NX-01 out after the Xindi.

If the Xindi hadn't tested on Earth then Earth would have been caught completely by surprise, and the Xindi would have won.

What the fuck were they (either the Xindi or the writers) thinking?

>What the fuck were they (either the Xindi or the writers) thinking?
'9/11 in Star Trek'

She killed Tuvix in cold blood, I can't forgive that.

>focus all of his attention on her at all times.
I don't think that's right.

That wasn't just her, though. It was the entire crew. Everyone on board was complicit. It was really Kes' fault.

I'm sorry I have that memory thing from 50 first dates. I can't remember anything that happened after my accident very well. I'll probably ask again in a few days, please be patient with me.

That was a terrible episode of Enterprise

Was it? I can't remember.

Saddens me how much potential every trek show had. Even Deep Space 9 could have been a lot better than what we got.

>Angel One and Symbiosis
>Bad
Shit list

Angel One is fucking terrible unless you're a Riker-shipper (which I guess a lot of people are)

>fucking The Matriarchy in its place being terrible
That episode was hilarious

Trek isn't meant to be FUNNY, it's about characters and their lives

>Trek isn't meant to be funny
I think you're taking Trek too seriously my friend

The subjec tmatter is all very serious, don't you think?

I wish Combs could play the captain in a Star Trek show. Sad we'll never get it.

>26th century Weyou captaining the Enterprise-L

Yeah and that's what makes it funny

WEYOUN*

Whatever happened to Spock in the official canon, the last I saw he was chillin' on Romulus trying to get them to be cool with Vulcan. I know he wound up in the Kelvin timeline because of Nero, and I think that was a fine enough end for him, but what do you guys like to think happened to him?

You have no sense of propriety.

I'd like to think he kept trying to get on romulans good side.
Working on science, maybe even politics.
president spock

He wound up in the Kelvin timeline because of Nero

Remember when Sarah Silverman was in Voyager?

I don't understand how you reached that conclusion friend, we're talking about an episode of Star Trek. How does me finding a bad episode enjoyable make you reach that conclusion?

i wish more people liked star trek online

I just started a playing it the other day. It doesn't seem bad.

it's on a slippery slope, but if you find the right people to play with, it can be fun

>It's an 'everyone's a dick to Harry Kim but Tom Paris gets away with murder' episode

>its a Tom Paris episode

Temted to try the star trek mod for stellaris.

Saw a stream of it once and it had events and such.
Player got an event about the xindi weapon being on its way to earth.

>It's 'Tom fixes up a representation of his penis' episode
It used to be really good but it became needlessly complicated since Paradox put out more Stellaris DLC.

our 5 year mission
>only in space for 3 years
where no man has gone before
>every planet they come across already has men on it

what did they mean by this?

having fun with it

The show wasn't that good so it got cancelled after 3 seasons.
Some of those planets only had women.

>tfw you realize that tom paris cant keep a girl, but harry can
>though paris looks good, his cock is tiny
>harry kim, for the first time in 2300+ years, has a huge asian cock

Tom excelled in his role as helmsman, and also acted as a medical assistant to the doctor. Harry didn't do anything that couldn't be done by someone else.

The men were there. That doesn't mean they went there

>cool flyboy helmsman
>he pilots a space boat

I really wish he kept the moustache

Remember the episode he buys a new Runabout and has an affair with it?

food rations were increased

Unfortunately he never had the 'stache, that was the Doctor's holonovel.
>Remember the episode he buys a new Runabout and has an affair with it?
Most accurate representation I've ever seen of what it's like being a car guy.

>when a group of holograms try to escape the existential anguish of the chop shop by having dreams it's time for Tom to give them a wake up call