Justice League (2017)

What is the actual Sup Forums consensus on this movie so far? I'm a tourist to this board and would like to know.

youtube.com/watch?v=w9hGjyzNTAw

Here we go.

Divided.
Regular Sup Forums is either apprehensive or hopeful about this movie.
The five Snyderfags who run around every so often will defend it to death before the movie's even out.

kino

See?

The trailer makes it very fucking tryhard, not gonna lie. It doesn't have any charm whatsoever.

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING DC CINEMATIC UNIVERSE!!!

*look

Oy vey.

>that terrible music
>drunkard Aquaman
>QUIPS
>QUIPS
>QUIPS
>QUIPS
Well that's that, I think I'll go rewatch Jonah Hex instead.

I'm hype, Snyder's stuff is divisive on Sup Forums so its more or less half excited and half dreading.

It's nothing to worry about, user.

It's the same as the complaints about Heath Joker and Batfleck and Johnny Storm Cap.

We don't even have a real teaser, just a lot of reporting from a set visit and a lot of criticism (not that any of it is underserved, my personal expectations are fairly low). But movies should be judge on the movie itself. And it doesn't necessarily follow that prior performance will be reflected on future product with movies, or the people that hated the first Hulk, or the Affleck Daredevil, or didn't like TASM/TASM2 as much as they should have, would have hated anything with a Marvel character. Or, if you prefer, the people who hated the first Hulk would have hated every other Ang Lee film, or every other Eric Bana film (he certainly didn't help his career with following this up with Troy), or likewise Ben Affleck would have no career today given the jokes, Bennifer, Gigli, etc. etc.

Wait till the first trailer is out and then check out reactions then.

its not a real trailer

Reminder that if you aren't unconditionally ecstatic for this movie then your are automatically an evil Marvel shill/cuck and probably don't even really exist as a real person.

Except looking back at Snyder's filmography and the haphazard set up of the DCEU with half the characters not even having set dates for their own movies there's not really a whole lot to be optimistic about here.

that's entirely subjective though

So is Hitler's Nazi Germany, but the general and overwhelming consensus is still that it was a horrific display of humanity at its worst.

This

Good thing that doesnt apply here then?

Looking at audience reception and critic reviews as well as comparatively under-performing box office and physical format sales.... yeah it kind of does apply.

> MOS trailer comes out
> "Finally the DC Movie we've all been waiting for! Now Marvel will see how it is done!"

> BVS trailer comes out
> "MCU a kill! THIS FOOTAGE HAS WON COMICON 3 YEARS IN A ROW! THIS IS DC's COMEBACK!!!"

> Suicide Squad trailer comes out
> "Mom's gonna Freak!"

> Wonder Woman Trailer
> "Let's make threads for Wonder Woman cheesecake and pretend we cared about the character all along. It might not be awful."

The actually Justic League trailer will probably have Kid Rock's "American Bad Ass" as the music.

and then theres the retard who has to bring up hitler and germany

The point is that "subjective" is an utterly meaningless metric in any relevant context here.

Should've gotten Stone Cold Steve Austin to play Aquaman.

And people will lose their shit, start calling Snyder the second coming of christ and say kino this kino that, how can marvel even compete yadda yadda the works.

Then the same people won't accept it if it fails, calling those that call it a failure, "mouseketeer" and the like.

Sad, really.

so a positive audience reception, suicide squad doing way better then predicted and bvs and ss being a major seller on dvd and blu-ray, not to mention merch sales

i think you've just fallen for shitposting a bit to often

I just want the trailer

I remember leaving BvS and seeing all of the faces of the kids leaving the theatre with their superman and Batman shirts and a sea of depression and confusion, they looked up at their parents who couldn't really give an explanation of anything because nothing made sense in that movie. If you want to delude yourself that the DCU is good fine, I can understand it on some level, god knows I have my own garbage I love but stop forcing your terrible opinions on the masses

Still waiting for the WWE / DCEU crossover movie.

There's going to be an endless amount of shitposting no matter how good or bad it is

Did he knock out Ben, or something?

Do you count confused children and steep drop offs in ticket sales good audience reception? If anything word of mouth sunk the theater lifespan of every DCEU flick.

And suicide squad doing better than predicted according to who exactly?

BVS and SS were both outsold on dvd and blu-ray by Civil War, Deadpool and Dreamworks Pets.

Merch Sales are an obligatory factor only even relevant to SS because of it's target audience being Hot Topic Twinks.

I'll stick with the refined storylines of Japanese Wrestling animation, thank you very much.

>divisive
It's not really divisive when it is just 5 autists spaming and people baiting.

i count sales and what i see and hear as good audience reception, bvs, mos and ss all have fairly positive scores.

>And suicide squad doing better than predicted according to who exactly?
according to Sup Forums pre August

>BVS and SS were both outsold on dvd and blu-ray by Civil War, Deadpool and Dreamworks Pets.
And? The MCU is more popular, no shit it'll sell more. Doesn't negate that both films sold a shit ton.

>Merch Sales are an obligatory factor only even relevant to SS because of it's target audience being Hot Topic Twinks.
Hot Topic's only in America bud, and even then have you actually been in one? Its mostly MCU stuff and "geek culture" shirts and toys.

But no, SS merch had a much wider sales range then just hot topic twinks.

I want it to be good but I don't expect it to be

>good audience reception

People going to the movies in droves and being disappointed isn't a good reception.

So Sup Forums is a professional standard to hold movie success to?

Pretty much every major movie of last year outsold BVS and SS in physical formats

Pretty Sure Deadpool has SS beat. Even then I wouldn't tout a movie a didn't like just because it was successful in some arbitrary aspect totally devoid of its quality as a movie.

Face it, the glass half full argument doesn't work here. These movies made what money they did because casuals love DC and wanted to see these mega blockbusters. What they got was disappointment, ergo why the ticket sales had no legs and even with extended ultra director cut DVD/Blu-Ray still got outsold by all the competition in town. But hey Suicide Squad sold a bunch of Hot Topic T-Shirts and Harley Quinn Halloween Costumes so I guess it's okay that the movie was an artistic and editorial abortion that not even the most hardened DCEU fanboy will defend as an actually good movie ("b-b-b-but it made money!").

Don't forget the Suicide Squad synergy comics and umpteen hundred Harley Quinn books out now.

>DCEU movie
>consensus
Pick one, lad. For every group that says their opinion is right, there will always be the other that is comparably significant that disagrees.

Except the vast majority seem to think unfavorably of the DCEU. Only a handful of Sup Forums kinofans and shitposters legitimately defend them.

>It's the same as the complaints about Heath Joker and Batfleck and Johnny Storm Cap.
Except they were all squashed after the first appearance while the quality of the universe continues to be debated despite having had three opportunities to provide something the vast majority could agree on.

I honestly don't care about the movie, and certainly enough not to purchase a ticket for it. Reasons for this are...

1) Leaked info shows that we're going to have a ton of quips thrown at us. Marvel already did this, it was humorous at the time, and now I'm burned out on it.
2) Leaked info shows it's going to have Parademons invading which = another otherworldly invasion of Earth which needs to be solely faced by a handful of super powered beings, which Marvel's already done (at least twice) and I couldn't give two shits to see it yet another time with DC characters.
3) Edgy 70's music leaked which Iron Man has already done to death. It was fun then, but DC doing it is another fucking rehash I couldn't care for.
4) Who. The fuck. Cares. about a CGI shit-fest named Cyborg? I'd be willing to sort of give the other characters a fair chance to win me over (although Supes has all the empathy of a dead tuna that Aquaman is standing on) but that Cyborg is a goddamned joke.

9+ bucks for this? Not from me.

And yet even with the "non trailer" it still looks horrible

>digital HD ultraviolet
did i miss something?

It could be great, but given the people involved and their track record in the DECU I don't think we have any reason to believe it will be. I expect the cinematography to be the same as BvS, just with 20% more "I thought she was with you" style failed humour.

I know. I just don't like to presume things are the way everywhere else that they are here on Sup Forums. Anytime I see a post on facebook even remotely critical or skeptical of something being done in the DCEU, the defending comments are vast and numerous. That isn't to say that the criticisms aren't either, but I simply feel regardless of which may seem more numerous, of the two sides debating neither is as minuscule a minority as it may seem. Even here, there will be two threads at certain times where one is overwhelmed with one opinion with the other overwhelmed with the alternative. It's very easy to say one side is bigger, but I think it is more provable that there is no such thing as a consensus when it comes to the DCEU.

They stalk me still and worship her, though I appreciate the ozone alliance steps.

Well, that or someone who loves DC and is frustrated that what we've been given thus far comes so close and yet departs so far away from the universe full of favorite heroes we grew up consuming and comprehending as existing differently than the way the one Zack Snyder created does.
You're out of your fucking mind if you don't think I wish I could be hype as fuck for the first live action Justice League movie. Unfortunately my capacity for excitement rewards meritocractically, and unfortunately for WB and Zack and Chris, their efforts thus far have not elicited a positive enough reaction from me for me to find any reason to be excited for a movie that looks to be a Frankenstein's monster of libertarianism, and an obsession with deconstruction provided by Snyder, that was sent back to the shop by his corporate masters so it could be given hormone injections of quips and attempts at optimism, that if able to blend well with the preexisting chassis, probably still won't fit within the world built by the movies that preceded it, and will still have just as much an opportunity to fall victim to the editing butcher shop that massacred BvS and SS. Respectfully sir, I want to be excited for JL, but WB has given me too many reasons to not be. If you want to be excited, that is entirely your prerogative, and unlike yourself, I won't accuse you of being an agent of some nefarious agenda if you are. I simply want to go on the record to illustrate that a vast generalization that only Mouseketeers aren't hype is inaccurate and irresponsible because it couldn't be further from the truth.

Manlets have a perfectly logical trigger of going primal when they become aware of their being manlets.

Snyder track record is good, as for the movies that has nothing to do with this one but incompetent people like Johns and the other suits running like headless chickens

So idiots that took their kids to a movie that was said wasn't child friendly and expected a marvel movie got confused? How is that weird? In any case art should had a real effect in people, that's the difference between a movie and a flick, the flick is there just to entertain you for 2 hours.

JL will be shit tho, forced quips will kill it, I don't trust Snyder, he wasn't able to take the directors vision of bvs to the cinema, now after how divisive bvs was its impossible he will do a good job. Bvs was at least an honest film, this will be Snyder trying to do a movie and being gutted before he even started filming just like with sucker punch

superman merchandise sold better than in any year before, he demolished all Mcu characters in sales aside from Spiderman

>actually lying about stuff just because something you dislike is popular
how sad

nah that ain't true, i've seen plenty of people on here talk favourably about them. Well the Snyder ones anyway.

Packed a host of post credit stingers into the movie.

It's worse being actual footage.

>QUIPS

GET THIS MARVELSHIT OUT OF MY CAPEKINO!!!

Superman should be child friendly user I'm not saying all capeshit has to be but superman should be

why though, do you discount any darker superman story then?

>Me personally, I love/hate this movie, I mean I will love/hate this movie: the thread

I suppose not but these movies should fundamentally be morallity tales for children so while the occasional Logan or deadpool is acceptable because of the characters if Snyder and Co are really trying to ape old myothlogical tales why not include the one major part of those tales which are lessons to pass on to the next generation

well you can certainly make a case for that with the overall theme of BvS.

>directed by Zack Snyder
Confirmed good.

The WWE universe will be invited for the Crisis.

I'm hyped

I'm pretty mad that the rumors of it coming out with Kong were fake. New rumors say it comes out in April. This is so annoying. They've been saying it would come out since December.

are you retarded? First off, Superman does not need to be happy, that is some pleb ass opinion right there.

Second, BvS is probably the ultimate morality tale, showing that even though your greatest heroes can doubt themselves and fail, its never too late to try again and keep trying no matter what.

>Superman should be child friendly

>child friendly

>superman needs to be done in one tone

>I know better than 75 years of comic writers what tone Superman should always be done in

eat shit and die

>implying this scene could be done if Superman had never killed anyone

Kind of unfair to judge just by one teaser but whatever. Trailer's clearly to show how the tone will differ from BvS. Wonder how much of a snyder movie this will be cause pretty sure they won't allow him to try to "elevate the genre". At worst it will turned into SS with more super powers. At best into something like X men apocalypse, a fun mess.

Snyder is the master at making great movies despite ridiculous constraints. I trust him completely.

>it's just an image so it can't be cute
Fuck off Superman, let me enjoy my waifus

>Fifth time will be the charm!

Most people on the board think it looks like total dogshit.

There is a group of DCEU believers who are going through the Snyder Cycle of hope-optimism-disappointment-denial-hate-hope, and about five or six Snyderfags who will defend anything he makes to the death.

You'll probably get more responses from the believers because they're more invested in this whole thing. Everyone else has checked out in terms of interest. We want these films to be good, but every indication is that they're going to be shit.

>posting the fake Snyder cycle
The real one is:Snyder is announced to make a movie, people get butthurt, Snyder makes the movie, it's great, it triggers critics and casuals alike and makes tons of cash. Get over it.

And yet, thats the first time I've heard it suggested. I've seen enacted in real life At least once with BvS, arguably twice with MoS, but it has certainly begun the third time with JL.

fuck off

>It's the same as the complaints about Heath Joker and Batfleck and Johnny Storm Cap.

Except that the man who made MoS barely okay and BvS: TC unwatchable is still directing "Justice League" and is convinced that the fans don't get his vision.

I think I love you.

Nothing but Sup Forums shitposting.

Yeah, let's cite examples from Superman's history that are only poignant if you were already familiar with his lighter characterizations.
Dark stuff in a movie is fine, but let your hero be a hero. Not a brooding guy who's constantly being beset by mistakes and idiocy.

> Superman's history that are only poignant if you were already familiar with his lighter characterizations.

No, they are poignant within their stories regardless if you know the lighter stories or not. Nice excuse though and goal post moving.
> let your hero be a hero. Not a brooding guy who's constantly being beset by mistakes

So saving people from a fire, an exploding rocket, a flood, and a stranded ship, isn't heroism? Sacrificing yourself for the world isnt heroism?

and Superman only ever deals with one "mistake" and its him wondering if his presence is bringing more bad than good. Thats it. Everything else that Batman, the worker, Lex, etc. does are symptoms of that. Superman holds himself responsible for Wally becoming a terrorist, Batman becoming more radical, and, later, Lex creating Doomsday. And as he should, he is being too hard on himself sure, but taking responsibility like that is heroic. He struggles with it for not even 20 minutes and then realizes that he has to keep doing good no matte what.

If thats not heroism then IDK what is.

My heart is hopeful.

But my mind expects another fiasco.

I think Sup Forums is split between

1) Cynical bastards and Edgelords who want all Comic Movies to fail
2) MCU fanboys who want everything DC to fail
3) Snyder Loyalists who expect it to be the best DC film, and think that MoS and BvS were both Kino
4) The general majority, who avoids most of the company wars threads and is silently hopeful, but uncertain as to how likely success is.

>looks sideways
>"I need...friends..."
Is this a possible hint at Barry's inevitable troubles with Reverse Flash?

>saving people from a fire, an exploding rocket, a flood, and a stranded ship, isn't heroism?
Sure it is!
But when you have those moments amidst a sea of "The Universe Shits On Superman", you run either one of two risks.
One-
The dark setting makes those moments more notable.
Or two-
The dark setting undermines those moments since they have nothing to do with the themes going on.
And for me, MoS and BvS fell into the second one.
I can't really care about Superman doing good when the rest of the time he's being beset by people hating him or calling him a god.
Maybe Henry Cavill's just not that great of an actor. I would have liked to see more of him protesting against his father wanting to kill himself in the tornado, or when he's being surrounded by reverent South Americans, or when he sees flood survivors writing his symbol on their rooftops. Maybe him being kind of broody and passive was what they wanted, but it just didn't feel right at all to me.
Maybe Superman just did not get enough lines?
I dunno.
But that's how I feel.

Except it isn't, you fucking retard.

>The dark setting undermines those moments since they have nothing to do with the themes going on.

But it had everything to do with the themes, the whole point is that even if his presence is, at the moment, causing bad things and having a negative reaction, he cant just stop doing heroism, and he knows that. Regardless of what the world thinks of him he keeps doing good.

> I would have liked to see more of him protesting against his father wanting to kill himself in the tornado

Why? He didnt know his father would die, just that he told him to stay still. It came right after a moment where he told pa kent he wasnt his real dad, him listening to him unquestioningly is Clark showing that Pa Kent is his real dad, its Clark showing that he trusts him no matter what.

> or when he's being surrounded by reverent South Americans, or when he sees flood survivors writing his symbol on their rooftops.

But again you are missing the point. Superman has always been about letting humans make their own choices, their own decisions. His lack of action in response to these things is because he doesnt want to tell them how to live their lives or what to believe. Would telling them he is not a god have an ultimately negative effect? He just doesnt know and doesnt want to risk making the world even more polarized due to him existing.

And ultimately he does respond to all of the praise and misinformation about him, but not through words, through action. Superman sticking to his guns after his crisis of faith, his unrelenting belief in humanity, in Batman, his sacrifice to save the world sets the record straight more effectively than any word he would have uttered. The whole world, collectively, sees Superman as just a man, a man with incredible powers, who wanted to do good. Not a god. Not a demon.

Darker Superman stories work BECAUSE superman isn't dark himself.

aye right so we just gonna throw red son right out the window then

Thats not true and is an overly simplified way of looking things. They work because the character doesnt just operate in one tone. The original Superman stories still worked and Superman hadnt had the silver age, happy- go lucky stories that started the tone you hold on to.

Red Son superman wasn't dark.

He was just Communist.

wat'chu saying bout communists