Do CW/DC shows have more budget than Marvel/Netflix?

Their visual effects have some lows, but their highs are high.

Why can Supergirl fly looking good every week while the rare Jessica Jones' jumps look so cheap?

MFW this show has better CGI effects than most multi-million dollar box office tent pole movies.

I'm almost surprised by bad CGI these days now that gaming consoles just about have the capability of rendering nearly photo realistic vistas and non-human characters in real time.

zero production design costs + shit actors = $ for video game cutscenes for the REAL FANS

>A second rate channel
>A multi-million dollar web service
Unless Netflix is run by literal caricatures, they definitely have a higher budget than a bunch of shows filmed in fucking Vancouver

>Unless Netflix is run by literal caricatures, they definitely have a higher budget than a bunch of shows filmed in fucking Vancouver
Explain why they look so cheap then.

Games and TV episodes have completely different production schedules.

No, they just spend it all in 4 seconds of one CG characters, then compensate by never changing sets and having no choreography whatsoever.

They don't care
Netflix shows are not for comic book readers. It's for the hip and cool "Netflix and Chill" crowd
They have those "comic book" stuff to keep the nerds hanging around and spending money because it's easy to please beta floaters

This
Rendering and building the model are two different things. Takes longer, art style has to fit, MO caps, models, and more. This ain't star treck.

>"computer, give me a shark person hybrid CGI model!"

I like how Flash looks like he wants Shark Cuddles

Everybody knows that comic book readers aren't betas.

But why are they so fucking expensive?

It's a collection of things:
>Network shows have more episodes, hence they have lesser cost per episode but higher budgets overall
>Shooting in Canada is super cheap
>In order to save money they can do some episodes super cheap via bottle episode method, allowing them to spend more on a more costly episode (like full CGI King Shark episode)
>I also imagine you can reuse old CGI effects to certain extent, which pays itself back in the long run quite cost effectively in 24 episode seasons

Netflix looks shit because they have small budget, they have low number of episodes per season so the costs can't be divided down as much, and because they're kinda ashamed of the source material, hence why they try to make it "grounded"

As someone who watches Kamen Rider, I always laugh when people say the CGI in shows like this is so bad. Maybe my tolerance for that kind of thing is much higher.

Even toku can look miles better

pic unrelated

Plop a modern game rendered character in a tv show and you'd notice.

Camera/lighting work on CW is also pretty lackluster.

And CW shows made for teenage girls and gay men. That's no excuse.

Are there any actual cost per episode numbers for each network (or whatever you want to call Netflix)'s superhero shit?

My guess is that Nexflix spends a lot of the money on sets and better filmmaking equipment.

Fuck me sideways, that is awesome. There needs to be a return to guys in rubber suits.

Toku is dying too user, enjoy while you can

>Supergirl fly looking good
I haven't been watching season 2. Are the air fights as awful as they were in season 1?