I don't know

Saw this in a newspaper the other day and was curious to find out more.
Turns out it's not an advert for actual animated film...just part of some non-profit organization's attempt to be 'inspiring' to young girls.
What a let down.

Other urls found in this thread:

inspiring-girls.com/news/it-is-time-to-get-animated-new-campaign-reveals-gender-bias-in-childhood-cartoons
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why would they do that?
Just go into the paper and tell lies?

I guess.
I tried reading up more about it...but it's just so tedious:

inspiring-girls.com/news/it-is-time-to-get-animated-new-campaign-reveals-gender-bias-in-childhood-cartoons

This one looks like it would make for an ok tv show.
I honestly would like to see this as an animated feature though, the artstyle is really nice.

EXCUSE ME BUT THIS IS A RIGHTEOUS BUTING POLITICAL STATEMENT IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT YOUR A NAZI MALE CHAUVINIST PIG

These designs look very nice, too nice to be wasted on an ad campaign. They should just go ahead and make a cartoon. Some real world economics would do them good. They might even learn why it's so hard to get a girl's show off the ground, sexism or not.

Why did she blow up her reaction? Did she forget to affix a zero in her dimensional analysis calculations? Are they saying women are bad at math? I've worked in a lab for years and have yet to blow something up.

>newspaper
Get with the times, old man!

Women can't put in the effort to make a real cartoon with positive female role models so they make fake advertisements for them and ask WHY AREN'T THERE MORE SHOWS LIKE THIS?

> These are great ideas BUT THEY CAN'T BE MADE UNTIL WE FIX EVERYTHING

seriously fuck you, you tease

Fight to get them made like everyone else if you believe in it

I HAVE SUFFERED THROUGH MULTIPLE DESPICABLE ME FILMS NEVER ONCE GETTING TO SEE GRU'S KIDS TURN INTO MAD SCIENTISTS

yes i upset

Funny thing is if a dvd or a poster has recommends like those, you know the product is actually shit because theres no quotes praising it for its quality.

I don't think I can.

So we can't have these movies until woman are equal to men?

FUCK!!!

>inspiring-girls.com
red flag

> there will never be a Star Vs. version of this

Not with that attitude.

Well, if you're still a big enough idiot to keep seeing those movies, you can enjoy Trey Parker playing a character, I guess.

Inspiring girls to what? Search for competent odontological help while they're still young?

>if you're still a big enough idiot to keep seeing those movies
I watched 2 at home, fell asleep twice during it, refused to see Minions and have no intention of watching Trey Parker play Borat

but men don't like carpenty, or being "that shitty retard" at the lab class. creating envy for that is just retarded.

Will Goldie Blox getting an animated series shut them up?

As an animation enthusiast, movies with good female characters fucking exist every year! April and the Extraordinary World last year, When Marnie Was Therethe year before, and hopefully Breadwinner his year, among many other examples. I'm tired of media shills parading their propagandist lies. Stop being a pleb and watch foreign films.

As a STEM grad, females refuse to join our majors. The few who actually enroll end up switching for a lesser major two years later. I'd love for their to be more female scientists, engineers, etc, because regardless of gender we fucking need more minds working together constructively, but girls seem to be more fundamentally lazy in that regard. I knew a female electrical student who was mad smart, and likely will be very successful in the years to come, but she's an outlier rather than the norm. The lack of girls in scientific fields isn't because of any combination of sexism, but rather the fact no girls care enough to enter. Nerds can't even talk to girls, what makes people think they'd even care.

None of the media with female main characters has as of yet, so I doubt it.

This poster pratically writes itself. Just make a fun movie about a little girl's experiment gone wrong.
Decent show idea? It would probably play out like Dora the Explorer with a tight formula and five or so side characters.

On the politics of the poster I hate when they keep playing as advertisements to the career. You know, Dexter's parents didn't pause and go, GOOD JOB SON! YOU'RE PURSUING A CAREER WITH GREAT BENEFITS AND A BRIGHT FUTURE. Dexter did cool ass shit and the plot played to that. Same with Powerpuff Girls, they were badass fighters and ASIDE FROM A FEW PARTICULAR EPISODES they were respected because they were tough NOT because they were women. If the characters are doing cool shit, kids will want to do it too. My favorite idol growing up was Ernest Hemingway, and just like him now am a failed writer, a great alcoholic, with a strong desire to kill myself!

>As a STEM grad, females refuse to join our majors.

At the very least, they seem to be genuinely into biology, particularly genetics. Most grad programs in genetics are 50/50 men/women.

In what bizarre alternate universe was he a failed writer, user?

Don't kill yourself, there are better resolutions.

>genuinely into biology
I can attest to this as a Bio major, large portions of my classes are comprised of women who are dedicated and talented. My problem is that a large portion of those women walk in with chips on their shoulders, generally being hyper sensitive to any sort of challenge or dissent. The other portion are chill as fuck, primarily the non-white ones.

However there seems to be this widespread attack on engineers and comp science for not having enough women. Now, engineers in canada are a special brand of arrogance brought by their fucking snowflake rings, but I never thought they were more misogynistic than anyone else.

Hemingway died thinking he was a failure in writing. Much of the critics of the time were busy ripping him to pieces, the only people who liked his work were the hipsters of the time. Also don't worry user I'm just joking about the last bit, I'm not in my late fifties yet.

This.
Computer Engineering, 2nd semester and there's like two or three chick in the course, while Biology is almost all girls and Law is mixed.

Oh, I don't think I was aware Hemingway was a postmortem success.

I'm glad to hear that. Are you really a writer? What are you working on?

Following in his footsteps, work for local newspaper and graduating with a journalism degree next year.

He wasn't exactly unsuccessful, but at the same time he was as well like as James Joyce for the majority of his life, with mot of his books being censored, and his own parents disowning him.

In a large way he was, and is, a writer's writer.

>Goldie Blox getting an animated series
Don't tease me, user.

That's some fucking nightmare fuel. Good lord.

Wasn't the matter user, CAN'T HANDLE A FEMALE MAIN CHARACTER?

Hey now, I know how to handle cartoon female characters just fine.

Crap like this is why modern feminism is trash.

"More women in more positions now! There aren't enough women here! Change this system! No princesses! Draw the balance!"

And then the protestors go back to their jobs, not at construction sites, but at quirky bookstores, retail clothing, and Starbucks. And then when college registration comes along, they all pick humanities instead of STEM.

You know, you can get a job in animation, you can create whatever you want, you can pitch whatever you want. Thousands of women have and still do, and it's only getting easier with the internet.

The only thing stopping you, is you.

it will never stop being funny how organizations try to get girls into careers other than sitting at a desk answering phone calls but they just keep saying, " no thanks I like easy work"

>Shadman finds these images

>Carpenter
>Scaffolding