WONDER WOMAN Director Patty Jenkins Confirms That Boxer Ann Wolfe Will Play Artemis

comicbookmovie.com/wonder_woman/wonder-woman-director-patty-jenkins-confirms-that-boxer-ann-wolfe-will-play-artemis-in-the-film-a149594

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/E0hATPE_oGY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dropped.

Can't they find an attractive redhead for once? Instead of blackwashing them?

I hate DCEU so freaking much.

No disrespect to the boxer because it isn't her fault

Fucking dyslexic casting people at it again

Also way to fuck up again WB

>Another red head is BLACKED
Jesus, how many is that now?

>first Domino now this
Waifufags on suicide watch.

Well, at least she actually looks amazonian.

Not like she'll be in more than one scene. Can't have her show up Stick Stickly.

>Boxer Ann Wolfe Will Play Artemis

Why not get an actor instead of a boxer

Why do they hate my fetish?

I doubt she has an actual role on the film. But they just decided instead of making her a random amazon she can be Artemis.

With respect to boxer/actress lady i just want to say

I never tought this was the thing that would make me hate and drop the DCEU

Fuck you WB, fuck you casting director, fuck you Jenkins and fuck anyone who either supported this shit idea and who let it happen

At least RHATO is solid... pls God dont let them ruin that too

Who cares? This move is going to suck anyway.

How embarrassing is it going to be if all the Amazons look like they could choke a bitch and Diana can't.

To be honest, i think that they had to fill out a diversity quota and had to have at least one of the characters be black.

It happened in the Superman movie as well, with Perry White who was a black man instead of a white guy.

It's a hollywood thing it seems.

Well, there's just one thing though. I don't understand why it had to be Artemis? There's like a ton of other notable Amazons, and yet they pick her to be Artemis? It's just troublesome to me how they took the most popular Amazon(other than Wonder Woman) for her. At least with Perry White, the actor was good enough for it to not be bothersome and the character wasn't popular enough for it to matter for a race change.

The movie already looks bad; why get hung up on this?

Can't they... I dunno might be hard so maybe is a crazy idea...like...I didn't think in the logistics so sorry if I sound like an ignorant...hire her to play Nubia an actual Black Egyptian Amazon instead, for like the 99th time, steal a role for another person?

Just food for thought

Someone made the count in a previous thread, something around 20

Why does Hollywood have such hatred for redheads?

>Sup Forums hate Gadot for being skinny
>Sup Forums hates it when they cast a strong body builder cause she's black

it's confirmed on /Sup Forums

Race >>>>>>> body type

Sup Forums hates ANY casting which doesnt look like it was ripped straight from the page m8.

>Casting a black girl to play a black character
Crazy talk

OR cast that lady as a new or more lore related character and we like her in the movie.

But no they had to ruin Artemis too..

So, she's not a looker. She's also not an actress. HOWEVER. She's buff as fuck. Dear lord, look at that. Honestly I'd prefer her as WW to Gadot.

This is fucking absurd

I never going to see a superhero with my same hair color

Yeah, it's not because people here are upset that a well liked character like Artemis get a race swapped for no reason just for a minor role.

Freak off tumblr.

>Black Amazon
>named Nu'Bia
Come on now.

They should have made her Phillipus or Nubia.

Nope, that would mean not destroying whites, you have to destroy whites

Let's go guess the Rotten Tomatoes score.

21, then dropping to 15.

At least Domino is cute. What the fuck is this.

>Freak off
How about grow a pair and tell me to fuck off like a normal poster. Also the Sup Forumsmblr boogeyman isnt relevant here dumb fuck. Comic fags hate something that doesnt look exactly like its comic counterpart? WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED?! Regardless the movie would be shit, with or without Artemis

>Create black characters in comics for diversity
>They still steal white characters in movies
When we will learn that these people can only steal? they don't care about diversity, they hate us and want to steal everything from us

Ann Wolfe is probably the greatest female fighter of all time so I guess it makes sense to have her in the movie in some capacity

Please, "critics" will pretend that they love it just because FEMALE POWER!

>There're Black Amazons
>Still take non Black Amazon role
I don't get it

Holy fucking shit, are your hands shaking as you type this? How the fuck are you this triggered over nothing? It doesn't fucking matter who they cast for this character, she's not going to be plot relevant, get a fucking grip.

Why do they always re-cast redheads for blacks? Fuck off

No everyone here is a child who use swear words to look "manly". I don't use swear words in my daily life and I'm not going to use them on the internet either.

And I made my reasons pretty clear why I have a problem with the casting and I'm not going to repeat myself.

Riz Ahmed was right, there go 10k more Muslims that joining ISIS for not only not including Middle Eastern characters in movies but also stealing roles for them

Kek I think you got lost on your way to reddit

I don't fucking care.

I do fucking care that when Gal Gadot inevitably spars with her it's gonna look like pic related

No one said it was manly, you just sound like an underage faggot is all. You can post however you want though, and Im glad you completely ignored my point too

And this just proves the movie is going to be shit, not because the blackwashed a character, but because they didn't even took the time to read the source material and realize there're several black Amazons for their use. This proves they don't read the comic, so how do they expect me to watch the movie?

This is not a race thing, Its about respecting the character and the people who likes her. boxer lady (who is playing Artemis) is old and buff than fucking Wonder Woman and clearly a no talk no lore side character...

i dont give a shit if she is black can she act

That pic works with Flash though

She's in a DC movie, of course she can't

Where are my sexy redheads and why is Hollywood trying to phase them out.

So they always replace the redhead.

You know, now that I think about it, it does seem like gingers specifically are the ones that get erased most, either via race changing or just not giving a fuck. Aren't the "gingers have no souls" jokes enough?

To be honest I was not going to pay for this shit, last super hero movie I paid for was Raimi's Spiderman 2

I actually considered going to see this.

between wanting less of this diversity crap and not wanting hollywood to think chick flick are viable I'll definitely be sitting this on out.

I just want Nubia back in the comics :(

Its really weird how often gingers are replaced in comic related material
>Jimmy Olsen
>Mary Jane was cut from both ASM2 and isnt appearing in Homecoming
>There are now 2 Wally Wests

Lets make a list:
Liz Allan
Shocker
Valkyrie
Baron Mordo
Nick Fury
Artemis
Perry white
James Olsen
Domino
Heimdall
Am I forgeting anyone?

Hawkgirl

Wally West
Iris West

It can work if you just have them for a fight scene without any regular acting.
youtu.be/E0hATPE_oGY

Ned Leeds
Ancient One
Bane
Flash Thompson
Electro
Deadshot

Its not even a white thing, Im fucking annoyed with any race change because A: I want it to be accurate to the comic and B: Its a shameless diversity checklist producers do because they think no one can identify with a character unless theyre the same race.

what is this list

What's with all the fugly chicks in this movie? Buttercup and Lucilla are the only decent ones.

Why not Asian Artemis? Or Latina Artemis?

If we're including ginger erasure in general that isn't just race-based, Netflix Daredevil.

Not turned to black but they also didn't cast daredevil as a redhead

Ok kid, here's (you).

Now shoo.

>you can post the way you want
>call me "underage" and tell me to "grow a pair" because they get triggered with the way I post
And I didn't ignore your point. You just asked why I have problems with it which I already answered.

If it's a check list is stupid as fuck because the source material has characters of every race
Want a Latina gf for Peter Parker? Michelle Gonzalez or Sophia Sanduval
A Black one? Glory Grant

You don't need to turn Liz and Mary Jane into Black

Not trying to be a dick but youd honestly enjoy reddit more.

Because blacks are the white people of minorities.

they're hoping that even though they cast a skinny underwear model for Wondy that the feminists won't hate them if they cast ugly chicks and fill the diversity boxes.

Again, no one is stopping you, its just bizarre given the way Sup Forums talks. Hell I hardly ever see anyone censor themselves like that but whatever

rly makes you think

It's because marketing executives want both brand/fan recognition and diversity hires.

If you retards stopped paying for these movies

kekked

I tried it and I hated it. So, don't worry about which place I will enjoy more.

Thanks for the advice, though.

Don't look at me, I haven't seen a big two Cape flick since Daredevil.

I have stopped paying for them.

I'm not sure if that counts since she can reincarnated, and the Kendra Saunders version was always half spic.

You know how people complain that LGBT people are over-represented in comics compared to real life? Redheads are even less common than in real life.

They really hate gingers. Jimmy Olsen, Wally West and now Artemis now negroes

I don't know where you live but I know far more redheads than gay people,lesbians and trans people.

>Redheads are even less common than in real life
This is not true. There are many redheads in real life.

>Redheads
>are less common than LGBT people
Oh my God, the brainwashing is truly working.

Why would you hire a boxer to be an actor? Can she act? At all? Wikipedia doesn't seem to have her in anything other than boxing matches.

Looks like she was a pretty good boxer but that has nothing to do with acting!

Jews want to get rid of both Blacks and Whites and that's why they're doing stuff like this, so we got in a all in fight between us and then they remove the survivors. Search your feelings, you know this is true.

I know everyone else already said it but redheads are definitely more common than gay people. Despite what television trys to portray homosexuality is not very common.

Also Iris West in Flash TV show.

>black Egyptian

Kek, black clay. That's all. Go fuck yourself with your black Egyptians. Literally a footnote on history

>Working
No, sadly, it worked.

Any minute now you'll get a reply from some faggot either saying "look at the studies" or posting the bullshit story from NatGeo from a while back.

I wonder what egyptians would think about american blacks claiming that egyptians are black lol.

And? Race is a huge factor you dumbass, just as in real life race matters. The idea the island is multiracial aside from very especific characters is stupid. There's a lot of diversity between Caucasians, especially in the Mediterranean, no need to include Blacks.

They're banking hard on strong women in real life to pull viewers. Now 24-1-1 is impressive, but she retired in 2006, nobody outside boxing will know who she is. So now you've got to promote the actor and promote the movie rather than the actor's participation promoting the movie.

>tfw French and his obvious Québec accent when speaking French broke my suspension of disbelief
Literally 0 (zero) lines then next time.

In Aquaman.

Gadot is middle eastern.

>American reading comprehension
Nubia is from actual Nubian ancestry, user, which were the only Black Egyptians instead of the average Egyptian.

Kek did you expected any differebt with Johnd involved? The guy never touched a wondy comic before 2014, that the consultant and executive, he took the role of writing before knowing shit about wondy, he just wanted the money