What can stop the Mouse? They are going to claim monopoly on entertainment soon enough

What can stop the Mouse? They are going to claim monopoly on entertainment soon enough.

Other urls found in this thread:

the-numbers.com/market/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't you have conpetition laws in the US? No company is supposed to have this much power in an industry.

spoonfeed me, why would they decline playing such a moneymaker?

>For Rian Johnson‘s The Last Jedi, Disney is forcing theaters to agree to secret terms which many theater owners are calling “the most onerous they’ve ever seen.”

>Those terms include the fact that Disney will receive 65% of revenue from ticket sales, the highest percentage a Hollywood studio has ever demanded. They’re also forcing theaters to screen the film in their largest auditorium for at least four weeks. For previous Star Wars movies, the studio has required 64% of the revenue from ticket sales and four week commitments, but typical Disney movies only require a two week commitment.

>If any Last Jedi movie theaters break any condition of the agreement – pulling just one screening from the schedule, for example, or even advertising the movie before Disney gives their approval – the studio will charge a 5% penalty fee, raising their take to a staggering 70% of ticket sale revenue. Generally speaking, studios get between 55-60% of that revenue from domestic releases; international deals vary, but the average hovers around 40% for movies that play overseas.

I see you haven't been paying attention to what the FCC has been doing, they just removed a regulation so they can allow media monopolies, expect Ma Bell to come back together and there to be only 3 media companies, AT&T, Disney, and Comcast.

what the fuck? fuck them jesus christ, i wasn't going to watch this shit anyway but now i feel like more has to be done

Lol, we're litrially reliving the Paramount case.

I suppose what they say about failing to teach history is true, we'd doomed to repeat it.

I wonder if the senate will call Hollywood a 'jewish cabal' again.

Welp that's the free market, disney knows millions of people will flock to see star wars and movie theaters will be dripping at their mouths to host it, they'll make most of their profit from the food ppl buy. The only change is a raise from 64% to 65% LUL the vast majority of theaters will definitely be showing it and cashing in on the audience it brings.

Yeah, they're greedy and all, but it's not like theater owners are entitled to screen star wars

>They’re also forcing theaters to screen the film in their largest auditorium for at least four weeks

Why even demand this. What else were they going to play?

Just like imagine what Star Wars meant when it first came out and now look at this. No matter what you thought of the prequels, George is a fucking saint compared to Disney.

Probably its the "largest auditoriums" part that's a problem.
It means any release will be pushed to a smaller scale, and therefore a smaller opening potential revenue for the theater.
Even Star Wars will not fill the largest auditoriums for 4 weeks.

Jumanji is going to have a higher return if you ignore toy sales.

disney is afraid their notstarwars movie will flop so they're forcing theaters to make sure that it will be the only movie showing so that moviegoers will have nothing else to watch.

the largest-venue requirement is also a tactic that will make other movies have no seating quicker so moviegoers will just have to pick their notstarwars movie.

Star wars now barely makes more than any random capeshit, it's not worth it

>Star wars now barely makes more than any random capeshit

Well that's complete bullshit. A side story still made over a billion. Only the biggest capeshit can beat it

the next world war will be the people versus big corporate

Do you really think the people that were tricked into seeing rogue one are really going to give Disney a second chance?

The acting, writing and characters were all shit and you know it.

While I hope Solo bombs harder than Justice League don't underestimate peoples love for Star Wars

Steps to taking down Disney

1. Investigate their numerous crimes and bring back anti-trust laws.

2. Stop buying their stupid fucking dvds, stop going to see their movies (including their subsidiary studio movies), stop going to the grotesque carnival that is disney world/land/whatever.

3. Prosecute Disney for their political bribery and copyright abuses. Declare Mickey Mouse a public domain character as it should be.

4. Tighten regulations around corporate legalities so that a hostile takeover by corporate raiders is again possible. Disney is a bloated mess too big for reliable profits. Many shareholders would love to break Disney apart, sell the superfluous pieces and make the company strictly an animation studio. This would also solve many 'too big to fail' and tech or media monopolies the government is not interested in breaking up.

5. Have the government protect fair use with vigor and relax copyright infringement rules (if you make no money - distribute it free on the net - copyright shouldn't matter and the claim should cost the claimant and require proof of harm). Allow more interesting independent media to simply make Disney obsolete.

>What can stop the Mouse?

Ending capitalism.

If you want to stop what disney's doing, then you're against the free market. Fuck off back to russiastanbul, Ivan.

The prequels were ruined by the fans and Lucas' cowardice - Darth Binks would have been kino af

its disney

is the "four weeks in the biggest auditorium deal" some attempt at franchise building? I imagine if they have to use the biggest theatre then they'll start lowering the prices to fully book them, increasing views and creating support for the next star wars installment

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with this. This is d exactly how the free market works. You d want to use a good or service so your theatre makes money? You have to abide by the terms and conditions. Disney isn't forcing you to play their movie.

I have hope.

>expect Ma Bell to come back together
Under the name of Verizon.

Disney is so jewish
>GET MORE WHITE GOYIM TO WATCH OUR ANTI WHITE MOVIE OR ELSE

I unironically think that the Mouse is more powerful than some governments

That's not even arguable. They literally have changed copyright law EVERY time that Mickey gets close to becoming public domain. Ever since the 1920s. They literally are the sole group responsible for increasing copyright length from whatever it was before(14 years) to almost 100 years. And I'm 100% sure they'll do it again in the next 5 years or so.

Copyrigjt laws are incredibly resilient. Disney is the only group with the connections to make it happen, and if you think that's all they're doing you're foolish.

Government power is transitory and unfocused. Corporate isn't.

What are you even talking about? People loved Rogue One. Do you actually think Sup Forums represents the larger movie going public?

>64% and four weeks
Okay, sounds good
>65% and four weeks
ENOUGH OF THIS OPRESHUN!

Fuck them. The theaters should be paying Disney 100%. It's a privilege to show such a culturally and historically important propaganda piece that teaches kids about racial diversity and subverts classic gender roles.

>No matter what you thought of the prequels, George is a fucking saint compared to Disney.
Are you for fucking real

*blocks your monopoly*

He was. Lucas kept the money for himself or gave it to charity. He was also content releasing a SW a few years in between leaving room for other sci-fi films to break through aswell. Disney, through the MCU and Star Wars, is going to claim monopoly over the blockbuster film.

hopefully it bombs

fuckem

This guy is useless. He makes one film per decade with some retarded gimmick nobody asked for.

Capitalism is one helluva drug

Next to communism it's medicine

fuck off shill

>competition laws in the US
LOL They only know protected oligarchy.

Cant stop based Jimbo.

Disney owns the government

You're not going to stop normies seeing this shit. Unless like 50 star wars screenings end in a blood bath then nothing will stop people going to star wars. It's going to become "A christmas tradition" to go see a new star wars film each year.

Disney are trying to replace christmas with star wars.

I for one welcome our new Star Warsmas overlords

>the FCC removes regulations that prevent monopolies
Negative. The removed regulations that force them to fix their prices.

>"the Mouse"
*tips fedora*

>terms include the fact that Disney will receive 65% of revenue from ticket sales
>they’re also forcing theaters to screen the film in their largest auditorium for at least four weeks

>for previous Star Wars movies, the studio has required 64% of the revenue from ticket sales and four week commitments

so basically it's staying the same as before with a 1% increase in ticket sales

>This is d exactly how the free market works
Poorly?

Nothing.

t. robert nozick

We had only two new SW movies to date after the big return after years of nothing. It was guaranteed that those movies would make big money.

Battlefront 2 sales dropped by 60% compared to first one.

TLJ trailer has 37 million views when Ragnarok has 55 million.

Toy sales are dropping very fast.

From 2 billion to 1 billion in two movies. A lot depends on TLJ performance. Mainstream is already getting tired of SW.

What are the odds two billionares like george lucas and mel gibson could pool their resources to buy back star wars once it tanks in the next 8 years

Burgers are living in a dystopia

It's not going to tank. Too many retards will buy SW no matter how shit it is. But underperform it will.

>have the government step in and kill a business that we have deemed too powerful
Hello, comrade. Many glorious communist revolutions to come!

Rogue 1 isn't something you can compare to TWA. Ones a side story.

Disney at this point can buy any laws it wants. The state and Disney are one and the same even if you larp that they aren't

I'm pretty sure the mouse owns star wars, so pretty much anyone not a mouse can't chug out star wars. So if the mouse says "you must play this on your theaters for four weeks straight, no interruptions, and if you don't we'll fine your poor goy ass", theater owners who want star wars money will have to say "ok, we're your loyal slaves, you are g*d's chosen rodents!". Those theater owners who can't play it four straight weeks for whatever reason, like having a few movie goers on their town or such, will be forced to not play it.

>Disney can buy laws
Give an example of them “buying” a law, please.

Copyright laws has been extended by Disney to keep Mickey mouse under it.

The law was originally 15 years, now it's 75 after the death of the creator. Purely for mickey mouse

Theaters are a bigger scam than Disney

Like that matters. It still has the brand. Kids simply care about MCU more. Adult fans are getting angry at stupid shit Disney is putting in SW too.

kikes are not human

Why shouldn’t a company own its products? I don’t get what your point is. I know you Marxists want everything to be free, but please point out the part of the constitution that says millenials should get everything for free?

So you’re mad that you can’t sell Micky Mouse without paying Disney? This is “oppression”?

you need an alternativ

Not sure if that's true or not. My Newphew wants star wars shit for christmas.

Monopolies bullying someone smaller down the chain is not how a true free market should work user.

Hello, you appear to be confusing the concept of marxism with "not wanting to be fucked so someone else can make lots of money for nothing"

Because no-one in that company has anything to do with the creation of that character.

You can always spot the retarded ancap.

If you want a free market then you shouldn't support copyright laws that go way beyond their original objective. Their purpose was to make it so you didn't develop something and then have it copied the next day for a little cheaper so you starve while your invention is a huge success.

These days an author can create 1 single thing and then have themselves and the next 5 generations of their family life off it for life. This isn't promoting competition or innovation. It's doing quite the opposite.

It's not about wanting something for free, it's about fucking things up which should naturally evolve over time. The Happy birthday song is under copyright, a song we all grow up with and is very much part of our culture. Why shouldn't the culture be able to grow and expand on that song since now it's clear it's far beyond the creators control and become it's own entity?

It's only going to get worse. Look at 2017 box office, complete Disney domination while most of the rest is flopping.

Soon Disney will own entire Hollywood.

How are you being fucked by Mickey Mouse being copyrighted?

As opposed to you have anything to do with the creation? They still own it. What’s your point, comrade?

>waaaah people are allowed to pass their property onto their family after they die waaaaah that’s supposed to be mine!!!
Yep, communist millennial spotted

Hollywood is bleeding money. China is buying it up and becoming a much larger market.

The next 5-10 years are the kike VS gook wars. Kikes will demand niggers. Gooks will demand Slant eyes and then they will have to put white main characters in to put on the poster.

Go watch Kong. It's exactly this formula going down and it's fascinating to watch

Intellectual property doesn't exist. Prove me wrong

dont give them your shekels

start writing your own stories

Jesus, how much of a corporate shill do you have to be to support that? Oddly enough the less left you are the more people should be for owning their own creations.

walt disney would come back to life and strangle you if he heard you saying that jews should continue to profit from mickey

All property is intellectual. All property took intellect to create and/or acquire. I genuinely can’t believe that we’ve gotten to a point where millenials think everything should be free. You can almost blame Disney for that line of thinking though. How ironic that Disney will die at the hands of millenials who grew up watching Disney tell them that they are special, little snowflakes who deserve free things.

The sofa I'm sitting on is not intellectual.

Go shitpost else where

The battlefront thing has to do with EA and it's microtransaction jewery

I know that it's hard for useless people to imagine intellectual property ownership.

the-numbers.com/market/

Hollywood is declining since 2002. At this rate anime industry will surpass Hollywood revenue in a decade. Especially since it's growing much faster in China.

What a time to be alive.

You really think average parent even heard about it?

And this EA bullshit will affect entire SW. Fans are just tired of getting jewed.

lets hope it

My local cinema has a screening on midnight the 13th of december.

They never had something like this before for a movie ever.
Pretty sure there's some weird deals going on here.

In a free market theaters would just make a bootleg copy and give Disney 0%.

le bugs bunny resistance

>And this EA bullshit will affect entire SW. Fans are just tired of getting jewed.
I fucking wish.

Im glad theaters are refusing. I hope a lot do. They're making theater owners feel powerless, but this is the right play. To just not take star wars and let audiences know why. If enough theaters do this disney will cave and give them standard deals.

Same. And I'm going to see it because of turbo fanboy friends. I'm starting to hope that this movie is a disaster.

>I'm starting to hope that this movie is a disaster.
As soon as Kylo goes "Rey, I am your brother", people are gonna stand up and leave.

If it's really Empire clone I'm done with this shit.

it is.

I thought it's going to be sold out but it's actually half empty still.

Nu Star wars fans would love that. It would just encourage them to write incest fanfics on tumblr

Never underestimate the autism is a star wars fan

I know you're being sarcastic, but I would put a bullet through your head if we were in the same room together.

I just don’t care about Star Wars like I used to