So some random people on the street call him "Jack" and he decides to change his name?

So some random people on the street call him "Jack" and he decides to change his name?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wsCS4olWhgs
youtube.com/watch?v=ppMe1I0xVo8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Quiet, user.

When in Rome....

Don't think too much about it. Just go with it.

He's been called it for FIFTY. YEARS.

His real name was probably complicated and just went with the flow.

Why did those three call him Jack anyway?

They thought he was cool and it was a nickname they gave. His true name had to made secret so he decided to instead just take the title "Jack".

Jack is a mixure of old slangs. "You don't know jack" "jump back, Jack" and I think it's like a British version of calling someone a John Doe.

>It's been so long he's forgotten his own name.

You're concerned about that and not how he understood them perfectly?

Jack was trained by multiple different teachers from around the world. He probably picked up english.

Is there something I missed? Did the new eps at some point reveal that Jack isn't his real name?

>ancient japanese boy
>named jack

That should be your first hint. He starts to say his real name as well (gets out a g at best) before they interrupt him with Jack.

Can you fucks keep it to one thread?

He never said his name was Jack, just "They call me Jack".

So if Jack was sent to a black neighborhood in our time would he call himself "Samurai Nigga"?

Shut the fuck up.
I'm from /sug/ and I want these threads to exist.
Without the autism of a general.

>Jacks real name is Probably some jap shit that only a weeb or actual Japanese person could pronounce

Makes a lot of sense actually.

>a /sug/ idiot has stupid opinions
Who would've guessed.

How could you ever think it was his real name? We literally see the moment he is given it as a nickname in the first episode.

he was nimble and quick

user it was in the second episode

well he did travel as a young child until he was an adult.
It's possible he learned several languages along the way

It could also be because Aku gained sentience in Japan that Japanese became the dominant language

Outside of Aku, no one in the show has a specific name.

Like Jack's father is just referred to as "The Emperor" and Jack as "The Prince".

>You're concerned about that and not how he understood them perfectly?

He trained under Robin Hood. He knows at least some english.

>Aku
Aku literally just means 'evil' in Japanese senpai.

Possibly but I don't like that theory.
It would be really off putting to find out everyone is speaking Japanese but it's presented to viewers as English "because reasons".

The Blind Nigga Samurai

Look it's been a long time since I watched the beginning of the show

It's an old school way of saying "dude", if you hang around old men too much you'll hear them say it

>tfw the show could have been called Samurai Dude
>might have made the show even better

>I, Aku, the shapeshifting master of darkness

It's his name too.

>Japanese with a thick Scottish accent

Now that I want to see

>he could have been named Samurai Nigga
>or Samurai Senpai
>or Samurai Dude

>so Gendy what is the real name of Jacks dad?
>It's The Emperor

Well I guess then Samurai Jack's real name is The Prince

Makes you wonder what his name in the Japanese translation is. And if it's Aku, if it's weird or stupid.

what if his name was Evil

I guess for the japanese audiende he is just called "the evil" then. Like, the essence of evil. Makes sense really.

Like Yami in the game Okami. It just means "Darkness" yet that's his name even in the japanese original.

>Implying that wouldn't be even cooler

In the west, his surname would be The.

His Royal Highness, Prince Prince The.

It's Aku in Japanese, too. They might just think it's some kind of nickname, like the way people in One Piece frequently refer to Luffy as Strawhat.

What was up with those three guys and why did they call him Jack?, is that like a hip name in the future?

youtu.be/wsCS4olWhgs

This is probably the closest thing your gonna get. It comes off sounding Chinese.

Not the only thing he's forgotten.

Jack is basicly story book version of John Doe. It is the generic name for a middle age or lower guy in any given story as a filler name. Lots and lots of old stories star a kid or guy named Jack because it is shorthand for some boy or man but it could be anyone who ends up a protagonist.

Fuck I lost it.

holy fuck youre right

Fuckin' kek.

There was a black...blue guy there calling him jack

Or the scotsman is just "the Scotsman".

He traveled across the world in his childhood.

He's most likely multilingual.

"Jack" was basically the British version of "male human", yes.

If they ever reveal his true name, then it'll most likely be Mako, to honor Aku's original voice actor.

Also, in SJ's future setting, Jack has probably ceased being a name for any random dude and is pretty much reserved for THE Jack, alone.

It's like the heroic version of Adolf.

He clearly had trouble understanding them at first. 2000+ years of street vernacular dumped on you all at once is going to disorient anyone, he probably focused on Jack because it was the only thing they said that he completely understood.

What language were they speaking?

>He probably picked up english.
Yeah, he picked up Ancient Saxon and was able to understand FUTURE English.
(Assuming the language spoken is English, as we do see it being used in Ancient Japan so it means the "Aku World" language is just another idiom being adapted in a similar fashion.)

Cyberpunk, bro.

Because of the way he understands old English he thinks this is a name and not slang.

Did episode 2 come out? I see some people talking about some stuff I dont' recognize

Is there a good place to download it like someone mega's link or something? And what's the release schedule for these new episodes?

Episode 2 isn't out yet.

New episodes air every Saturday, assuming there are no break weeks.

Ah ok. Must be that that episode 2 teaser then. Thank you user

>Implying

There was a premiere in LA that showed the first 3 episodes and some people here saw it

Samurai SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIT

It's a good name

Didn't he speak sparingly in the first season?
I always assumed it was because he didn't know much English.
Damned its been so long, like middle school or something.
He was trying to lay low I think, 50 years later for all he cares that's his name.

Like Sonic's middle name?

>"They call me "Nigga"."
>Every black guy in the ghetto immediately glares at him.
ohshit.jpeg

didnt samuri jack end up saving his mom and dad in the future? or was that just some old fuck?

Why not just called him Joe?

>You are now starting to realize that the blue kid showed up in the series... twice.
youtube.com/watch?v=ppMe1I0xVo8

Because Joe doesn't rhyme as well.
"To the past, to the past you go, Samurai Joe?" C'mon, we both know that's awful.

Jack's real name is Ōuji, if that's the case.

"By Allah, stop calling me Joe or you will get taste of my shoe"

That doesn't even rhyme. What are you trying to do here?

Read shoe like retard. Not like a normal person. Then shoe and joe rhymes

Jack was not born a first son so in ancient Japanese tradition he was destined to become a bathouse boy and thus nobody gave him a name
When they started tearing aku tho they had to train him as a soldier since first born son rules the land and there were only sisters left

You ever met an ethnic kid with a name that's complicated for the natives, so they go by a nickname?

It's the same thing.

Ruru
amaimono

Afro samurai

>BANANA

Did he ever learn English? He was in England at one time, but it was for a short period

>You can only talk about currently airing shows in one thread as a general.
>Except for certain shows like Samurai Jack or Rick and Morty in which case generals get deleted on sight.
I actually detest generals and much prefer this style of free-form thread making like things used to operate before they existed, but they really should fucking stick to their word at least.

He saved them in the past but only momentarily before getting flung to future.

>Next week on Samurai Jack
>Jack is attacked by the Daughters of Aku
>he doesn't know they're human
>"Just nuts and bolts."

Jack is gonna kill one of the daughters, or seriously wound the one that turns good, isn't he?

>You can't use it yet, Samurai Jack. Not yet.

>Not yet.
What did he mean by this?

He's just like

>What? They do!

He thinks it's just a name

Because he knew Jack shit about the future

It was kid's for fuck sake and he was so naive when he came to the future anyway

leave him be

>Jack is gonna kill one of the daughters
If one of the anons in another thread was telling the truth, Jack's going to massacre all of the daughters save 'Ashi'. It'll be brutal.

After all, they're just "nuts and bolts".

found the weeb

>Yes, I remember Samurai Joe
>I once fought him a long time ago
>Where did you come from? Where did you go?
>Where did you come from Samurai Joe?

You'd think just cutting through one of them would be a tip off, when there's no metal noise, blood, the feeling of cutting through something soft, screeching, etc.

Judging from previews, he limps around half murdered himself for a while, so I imagine it'll take 2-3 episodes.

"cut me some slack jack"

They were speaking Jive

kek

>After aku threw jack down the portal he likely went back to torturing the shit out Jacks mom and dad as some form of revenge

Makes sense. I've noticed a lot of Asian people take up English names when they're in America.

WHAT'S GOOD NIGGA?!
WHAT'S REALLY GOOD?!