Will you help John K usher in a new age of golden animation, Sup Forums?

Will you help John K usher in a new age of golden animation, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7GrlpSr9YqU
johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2009/09/does-everybody-want-to-be-character.html
avclub.com/article/billy-west-13937
youtube.com/watch?v=YcchrgJgryo
youchew.net/forum/index.php?/topic/59174-john-k-stuff/&page=10
youtube.com/watch?v=Cth5GGmvyj8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WHERE ARE THE CANS, JOHN

WHERE ARE THEY

Why isn't Genndy doing this?

>1940s style
Why all this looking to the past? Why not look forward?

Oh... so he is gonna create a gigantic circle jerk?

Oh boy. Do I look forward to them only releasing storyboards, concept art, test animations and no finished products!

Forward to what? Adventure Time Steven Universe balloon people?

>John K
Fucker's nuts and does more damage than aid to his cause

All of them in the style of John K (or anything that looks kinda like what he likes), because he will never allow any of his subordinates to be creative. Fuck that guy.

1940s styled animators don't exist anymore. Just hire Japanese animators and call it a day.

>Forward to what? Adventure Time Steven Universe balloon people?
>there are only two art styles

I hope NOSE hat gets his own tv show!

I hope David Wowie makes an appearance!

Can't wait to watch it.
Too bad everyone hates him and we won't see anything from the project until 2029 because there's only a handful of people willing to work with him.

The dean of Cal-Arts just shit his pants. This is great news.

Oh good, I get to post this again.

>get accepted into John K's new studio
>show up for my first day
>the studio hasn't finished being constructed yet

I didn't understand that joke as a kid.
Then I realized that John K is a hack.

>get accepted into John K's new studio
>do all that is asked of me
>the money for my paycheck hasn't been made yet

he's still getting jobs

I'm guessing this is a volunteer effort?

>get accepted into John K's studio
>show up for my first day
>the tree my desk will eventually be made from hasn't even been planted yet

He did open a studio, but because of the 2008 recession and ratings failure of Sym Biotic Titan, that's all they made

Will this also result in a voice actor taking everything away from John?

youtube.com/watch?v=7GrlpSr9YqU

>Having a different, non-tumblr style
>In the comfybright future of the [CURRENT YEAR]

>Ask John K to fuck my ass
>Takes him 3 years to take off his pants

We live in the current year + 2 now

So is John K the opposite of Ian JQ?
when you combine them what do you get?

Is he offering 40s era pay?

>Ian JQ
Yes, since he's known for finishing things in a timely manner.

Why does John even hate Genndy? I don't get it, Genndy is one of the most talented animators in the industry on top of being an all around laid back dude.

is billy west gonna be invited?

shit user the joke was that one can't start and the other can't finish

In theory, that would be nice, but when things are as grim as they are all you can do is retrace your steps and start from there.

not him, but I'll answer your question: a Moebius strip of mediocrity happens when they fuse

>Why does John even hate Genndy?
He hates him?

Success breeds jelousy

>forward to what, balloon people?
There are good things happening in animation man, just look at Ireland's Cartoon Saloon, or Genndy. kids cartoons are shit, yeah, but there are still people doing worthwhile things on the horizon

Disney pioneers in 3D animation techniques every year, and we had Kubo last year.

Any bets on how long till there's a sexual harassment suit comes up due to this endeavor?

this
John hates anything more popular than... what was it called? something stimpy?

>Why is he ALWAYS the victim?...It's an old loser trick to blame everybody else so you don't have to take responsibility for YOUR failure. But I forgot, ''geniuses'' who act like petulant 5 year olds don't have to take resonsibility for anything. How could anyone dare expect that from him. This is where we get to witness the phenomenon of ''genius'' morphing into hapless sociopath.

Doesn't seem likely.

Where did you get this? I remember John saying he actually likes Dexter's Lab. If I remember right, he said it wasn't the kind of show he would want to make, but he could see himself loving it as a kid.

>muh 1940s
John could've started a show then and he still wouldn't be finished with it

He likes flat UPA style cartoons to an extent, but he doesn't like when people other than him do it. I can't find anything he said about Dexter's Lab on his blog (most likely he never actually typed the name of the show up, just instead showing some pictures of it and not referring to it by name), but he clearly does not like Samurai Jack.

johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2009/09/does-everybody-want-to-be-character.html

Meanwhile, Billy West actually gets shit on by life.

avclub.com/article/billy-west-13937
>It's "Oh well, we can use those stars on their bankable star power to promote the cartoon and do Access Hollywood interviews." You know, it's like they treat us like we're not actors. I went to the première of Space Jam at [Grauman's] Chinese Theatre—big première, red carpet, everything. Me and the voice people got invited to the little theatre; there's two of them there, the big Chinese theatre, and then there was a smaller one next to it. We weren't invited to the big place, and so my friend Bob Bergen, who does Porky Pig an awful lot, called them up and said, "Hey, what gives? We're featured in this movie." She said, "Oh you mean the party at the big Chinese theatre? Oh, that's for the actors." I'd like to find out what little cement-head said that.

>Will you help John K usher in a new age of golden animation, Sup Forums?
Knowing him, it'll be 10 years late.

Kinda shitty how voice actors are still looked down upon in comparison to live action actors.

>comparing SJ to total drama
>"surprisingly, these aren't all from the same show"
What a cunt. He really IS like the Western animation industry's Miyazaki.

But user, voice acting is the easiest thing in the world to do.

He'll run it into the ground, just like he does everything else.

He needs to show us he can be responsible with money first.

and then he only got 4 lines in Madagascar 3

He is pretty quick with that from what I hear. Especially if you are a QT troll girl.

DADADADADADADADADADADADA
AFRO
CIRCUS
AFRO
CIRCUS
AFRO
CIRCUS

Fuck, Bob Bergen detailed this story in its entirety on Facebook a few months ago during SJ's anniversary but I can't find it.

He mentioned that the producers finally caved and allowed two voice actors (Billy West and Dee Bradley Baker) to go after initially not inviting any of them. Dee Baker's wife was nice enough to Bob to allow him to be Dee's +1 in place of her.

Went to that video where he says that shit and I'm somehow not that shocked to see comments like this.

>Funimation
>having an actual voice acting budget
>not opening up the cellar door to their voice actor slave pens and sticking microphones in their faces

youtube.com/watch?v=YcchrgJgryo

ITS TIME

>Golden age
>John K.
Name one thing that hack has done since Ren & Stimpy that isn't objectively trash!

>trash!
No need to yell at him

muh boo boo runs wild

>Working for John K
>ever

>Chris is right because of some weird paranoid notion I have that the voice acting industry is racist because of two cherry picked events.

That's not even an explanation as to why Chris is right, it's just her being a bitter idiot and venting through some vague victim complex. Fucking hell, these people.

>my feet hurt

Never bother to seek answers for anything that can just be attributed to racism

On one hand, it sounds like working with John K sucks.

On the other hand, so many current and notable professionals have recollections about how much it sucked to work for him. It's almost like working for him helped their careers progress, despite the suckiness.

That counts for something.

Godspeed John, bring us home.

I live near Miami...

Are you a (good) cartoonist who draws in a volumetric 1940s animated cartoon style?

Because the biggest problem facing the industry right now is a loss of fundamentals. No one is being classically trained. Knowledge that took decades or CENTURIES to develop is being LOST.

The fact that this can still happen in an age of information permanency is fucking terrifying to me.

>be woman
>have unprotected sex with John K five years ago
>still pregnant

He likes the use of colour in Samurai Jack.

Seriously, I would like to know his thoughts on the new series because it's better at a lot of this stuff. Original SJ had good use of colour, but the new one is superb. Original SJ was all over the place in terms of volume. Some episodes were pretty fucking bad (especially series 1) while later episodes had some real standouts (the zombie one comes to mind). New SJ actually seems consistently pretty good at this. Not awesome, but pretty good.

By the way people he does not hate all flat art. He hates art without a solid sense of construction underneath. He loves Mary Blair and Eyvind Earle for example and they are flat.

They weird thing for me personally about John K is that I think a lot of his advice is solid gold and yet I hate his art. Seriously his style is so unappealing and grotesque. I get exactly what he means about poor construction of Samurai Jack for example but I would still rather watch that than anything of his.

Calm down mate, a lot of these so called animation fundamentals are just plain old art fundamentals. Solid construction, a good eye for colour, page layouts etc etc.

The problem is applying that to animation and not just a single illustration is fucking hard, and also expensive.

All three lines of this post made me giggle. The first two for their impossibility and the last for the joke

He's talented, but he has no understanding of business, management, or the more pragmatic side to animation. As one man he's skilled, but to actually finish shit and get projects done he has to have some knowledge of these things if he's in charge.

>virgin mad that an asshole gets more pussy than he ever will

Wasn't he chasing after some girl who worked for him who just ignored him?

John K can't get anything done.

>All the faggots kissing his ass in the comments and bragging about not liking classic Cartoon Network

>John K posts this which is old work he did from the 80's and says it was his embarrassing flat character design phase
>It's a thousand times more appealing than anything he's drawn in the last 20 years

God, I just got sad for him.

He chases after all young women cartoonist. He attended Katie Rice's 15TH birthday party (well before she was invited to work on Adult Party Cartoon), and her showing him some anime is one of the few reasons he's ever had anything nice to say about that industry. He also met pic related, and I guarantee if she were a he John K would have nothing nice to say about her artwork.

>He attended Katie Rice's 15TH birthday party
Source on that info?

I used to be a big fan of his blog. Back when when I was in high school and he was still updating it regularly it was an interesting resource. As a cartoon historian he's not bad, and his article on technique are interesting. He's highly opinionated, sure, and he actually has not had much success in animation himself, but as long as you read it knowing those things it's interesting.

As an adult and a perv I think he can draw cute girls, but he doesn't seem to think that's actually funny or worth pursuing much (in spite of pitching cartoons about/for girls on his blog sometimes), and I tend to agree that since Ren and Stimpy his preferred subject mater is just annoying.

As person he's an asshole narcissist who works people too hard, expects too much, can't deliver anything on time, and is a huge creeper towards his female coworkers.

youchew.net/forum/index.php?/topic/59174-john-k-stuff/&page=10

>Part of me would love to have him tutor me, but I see what people who he's trained say and it sort of pushes me away. Katie Rice, for example, I really admire as an artist, but judging by forum posts she made back when APC was airing, she's absolutely devoted to John K. and sticks by everything he says 100%. John "got to her" when she was a young teenager: she sent him a fanletter when she was 13 and they began corresponding, John showed up for her 15th birthday party, and by the time APC entered production Katie was an adult, molded by John to be perfect for his purposes, and he immediately put her to work drawing naked girls with huge breasts. Not that she doesn't seem to enjoy doing so, but their relationship seems sort of creepy whether or not they ever actually dated (the information that he's dated underage girls supposedly originates from someone who worked for him in the past, but I've only seen the information third hand... and even if that's not the case, Sody Pop is clearly meant to be "hot" and she's 16). Anyway, I don't doubt that Katie Rice's art is much better for John K.'s influence on her and I doubt she ever felt exploited or anything but grateful, but she seems to have deified the guy.

What exactly has John K done since Ren and Stimpy that was met with any real success?

He had a successful Kickstarter campaign that resulted in nothing.

Besides that it's been high profile failures (The Ripping Friends, Adult Party Cartoon) or very low stakes (one of the earliest internet flash cartoons, a music videos for Weird Al and Tenacious D, a Miley Cyrus tour video, Simpsons couch gag(s?), Adult Swim bumps).

>Another old geezer makes his pilgrimage to Florida

Majestic.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

He is a prick and deserves what he got.

Reminder

youtube.com/watch?v=Cth5GGmvyj8

John K ain't innocent of forgetting how to make a half-decent cartoon himself.

OK, that was actually a good one.

I was looking for this earlier, but I couldn't find it due to the video title.

>you will never give Katie a hug and reassure her that she never has to see John K again

This feels like it ends with an announcer saying that the bodies of the girls were later found in his basement.

>these people

John K actually miraculously got funding to start a studio and produce an entire season of 22-minute cartoons.
We're talking about tens of millions of dollars here.
Someone gave John K tens of millions of dollars.

wew lad

>he clearly does not like Samurai Jack.
News for you buddy:
>There is no point in having anything to look at in modern cartoons. But you can't say that about every cartoon. Genndy Tartakovsky's cartoons are beautiful.

By the way, Kricfalusi and Tartakovsky and McCracken are buddies. Where is your God now?

She's happily married, I think she's over it.