Did it deserve to win 11 oscars (tied with titanic and ben hur)?

did it deserve to win 11 oscars (tied with titanic and ben hur)?

Yes

They awarded the entire trilogy, but I think that's fucking silly. It was three individual films, each one deserved to be recognised on its own merits. But Fellowship and Two Towers instead have zero oscars each. Whatever, Oscars are fucking gay liberal propaganda anyway. Can't wait for John Boyega to win Best Actor by grunting in an American accent

Fuck mother fucking yeah it did

He will only win that award if he’s grunting while on top of the last blonde girl in America.

Yes

It deserved more honestly

was that 45 minute epilogue necessary though?

Oscars hate thread? Oscars hate thread.

>Annie Hall beating Star Wars for Best Director and Best Picture

All of my rage.

Absolutely.

By the time this came out, realism had infected cinema, and insecure filmmakers like Woody Allen were actually making a living off being neurotic. This film marks the moment where Hollywood accepted its fate.

This desu

Fellowship deserved accolades but the other two Jackson films pale in comparison.

Fpbp. Another fantasy movie has yet to come close to it.

Totally, it dominated the year, its still the best fantasy movie ever made and probably gonna be seeing as how hollywood is doing these days.

umm... honey

Exactly.

>They awarded the entire trilogy
this is what happened

a beautiful mind and chicago were objectively shit tier compared to fellowship and towers, respectively

return of the king had more competition with the likes of master and commander and lost in translation, and it was the inferior movie within the trilogy

Annie Hall is a vastly better movie to Star Wars you fucking pleb.

The more attention that hateful, ugly, creep gets, the better. Hollyweird couldn't have picked a better face for race mixing propaganda.

t. jew pedo

No it was racist

No nigger hobbit, no diversity

>Fellowship and Two Towers instead have zero oscars each
'no'

>Whatever, Oscars are fucking gay liberal propaganda anyway
For fucks sake, can you Sup Forumstards go one minute without mentioning >muh white genocide? It gets fucking annoying.

He didn't bring up white genocide, though. You did.

>brings up John Boyega in the next sentence
>totally not implicitly talking about muh white genocide
off yourself

>Best Picture
I would've preferred Lost in Translation getting it, honestly.

>Best Adapted Screenplay
>Best Film Editing
I would've given these to City of God

>Best Director
>Best Original Score
>Best Original Song
>Best Sound Mixing
>Best Art Direction
>Best Makeup
>Best Costume Design
>Best Visual Effects
I think it deserved these.

I'm sure netflox will fix this, but what are the arguments for diversity again, how does it make for a superior product?

John Boyega was explicitly cast to promote non-whites in media. I thought this was well established? How is that equivalent to promoting white genocide?

sure
oscars aren't really worth shit or tell anything about the movie anyway

>But Fellowship and Two Towers instead have zero oscars each.

Fellowship won 4 oscars with another 9 nominations including best picture and best director.
The Two Towers won 2 oscars with another 4 nominations including best picture.

At least check your facts before going off on a rage post user.

The Return of the King won all of those on it's own merits but the whole trilogy helped it along it's final run to the "clean sweep"

Yes. They will never make movies like these again.

Hits hard...

Read about cultural hegemony in Gramsci to understand the process of subversion. user's post is perfectly cogent from this perspective.

Yep. Wrolds too cucked and liberal for a masterpiece like this. Brown people have forever ruined this planet.

>I would've preferred Lost in Translation getting it
stopped reading there

If anything, Titanic didn't deserve 11 Oscars.

fellowship deserved them all, not king

uh bloo bloo muh sad love story while everyone else dies

uh-bloo-bloo to your mother!

shit movie but than again so is titanic and ben hur

rude

L O L
O
L

No it’s not you pretentious hack. Star Wars is a masterpiece of filmmaking and with it and it’s sequel are so damn strong that they’ve winded up supporting a whole franchise of mediocre follow ups.

Annie Hall is a very good film it’s nowhere near Star Wars.

Star Wars is, and always has been pretentious, childish nonsense. Annie Hall winning back then proves that Hollywood and cinema still had some integrity left. Unfortunately... George Lucas, Steven Spielberg and Father Time have together played a massive role in progressively infantilising cinema from that point onwards and Star Wars not only survives, but thrives. The OG Star Wars and all that followed is THE reason we have today's manchild capeshit epidemic that has played a large part in putting the final nail in cinemas coffin.

Tldr - gtfo you fucking pleb

The trilogy did, this film didn't. Best director anyway should have gone to Jackson for the first one, not any of the others. The Fellowship is the best movie of all 3 and got absolutely fuckall, the academy didn't have the balls to award the rightful oscars to the first one especially because they were too scared to award the big prizes to a fantasy epic and they had to wait until they saw it was popular before doing so.

Good, true post.

samefag

>Annie Hall is a very good film it’s nowhere near Star Wars

Mah nigga.

Will add that Ive always thought that even though Sir Alec Guiness was awesome, Peter Cushing in Star Wars was GOAT AS FUCK and should've got a nomination at the very least.

Still salty.

Different category of film. Also, Excalibur is uneven and tonally inconsistent. It relies almost exclusively on the strength of the Arthurian legend and on epic Wagner and Carl Orff musical scores to make it any good.

Also, the few special effects were shitty and the absolutely horrendous fight choreography detracted from the quality of the film.

While this is all true, I still love the original Star Wars for being the best damn childish nonsense ever filmed.

Why was the original Star Wars childish nonsense?

It was simply the application of Joseph Campbell's Hero's Journey to the silver screen. Since Campbell wasn't totally full of shit and knew to a large extent what he was talking about with regards to myth, archetypes and human psychology the film was a smash hit.

Capeshit of the 2000s

Women shouldn't be allowed to critique films.

Yes.

Star Wars wasn't the first movie to use Campbell's hero story.