What the fuck where they thinking when casting these two fuck-ups?

What the fuck where they thinking when casting these two fuck-ups?
It could have been a good movie I think but nearly every character felt so out of place.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3P24dypPQHg
youtube.com/watch?v=VaWCEzfXCaU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is it better to watch this movie or pay cam roasties for small penis humiliation?

>200 million dollar scifi epic
>cast a potential school shooter and a model in the lead

I thought she did well,, it's him I can't stand. It's like dude open your fucking eyes and show some emotions other than stoned out of your fucking mind.

They both looked so weird in this movie and not only that, his voice sounded so out of place with how he looks. Despite everything about it making me think I would hate it and should hate it, I thought it was really fun and would watch again.

To this day I still think they're secretly related in the film

Unironically, enjoyed it more than the GoG movies.

Do they only edit a scene like this because they cannot achieve smooth choreography?

Besson's a weirdo. Young Natalie and white bondage suited red wigged Mila were goat fetishes but the guy is bound to be off once in a while for his own sexual proclivities. I personally find Cara attractive but I see why most people don't. Besson just missed with this one

Yeah he is definitely the bigger failure.
Despite being a model she did rather ok. But Valerian constantly seemed like a pissed of teenager who was dragged along to a trip with his parents against his will. And fucking voice. Zero emotion throughout the movie.

This. He sounded like he was putting on a faux tough guy voice the whole fucking movie

>cast two actors who look like they could be brother and sister as a romantic couple
why

>once in a while
His last noteworthy movie was 20 years ago

Because French.

So once in a while....

I have a massive thing for sci-fi armour and Cara was pushing my buttons in this.

Yes and laziness

Cara was okay, but Dane was terrible.

It's more like he's only ever been RIGHT once in a while.

Remember the two junkie looking cunts from Transporter 2&3? They were slags Besson found on the street. That worked with Milla so he thought it would work with every whore he stumbled across

The casting was fine. The guy was a cool alpha male, and Clara is a 10/10. The real problem was the script. Lots of cliche dialogue and predictable moments. And the scenes with Rihanna didn't need to exist, so that's a good 20 minutes of the movie which could've been cut out.

Another feminist BS.

>The guy was a cool alpha male
nice try Dehaan

>Dane DeHaan as alpha male
*inhales

>"The guy was a cool alpha male"
>Manlet
>Junkie looking
>Often plays the loser villain in capeshit
Yeah what a stud

>It's more like he's only ever been RIGHT once in a while.

oh it's all semantics. I consider 20 years not long, but whatever.

Apparently the story was supposed to be different than what was in the final product, it was supposed to rely on Cara's character more but Luc Besson had to change it when he realized she couldn't act for shit

is that the final cut? ... fuck thats bad not even talking about all the jump cuts either it looks like a half speed rehearsal of what was actually supposed to happen

I hate that fucking lesbian Dehaan.

Well I hate to break it to you but it is

>It could have been a good movie I think but nearly every character felt so out of place.
>It could have been a good movie
>good
Try again honey

Casting agents misunderstood that it's for the Android 17 & 18 live-action movie

Well the comic I'm pretty sure is called Valerian and Lauraline or whatever and focuses on the two of them.

It was just bad casting for the two of them. They had a 200 million blockbuster to sell and put two fucking nobodies in the leads

Jesus God, look at that set design. It looks so artificial.

Post some Cara, who gives a shit about this flick.

Besson hasn't directed anything good since Taxi 1. Maybe the first Transporter.

Valerian is meant to be an alpha male time cop chad and Laureline is a fish out of water medieval french peasant.

Gf is getting me this for Christmas, can't wait.
Sci-fi is the shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=3P24dypPQHg

even the concept artist thought they would cast a chad

Surprised you didn't say Taken you retarded fuck

jesus, what happened to hollywood?this is like even worse than tv shows

What's her problem?

Did she just get that guy to twirl the other guy? How is that even an attack like that wouldn't even hurt at all

his face and her eyebrows bother me

>dehaan was an alpha male
>this is what weeb thinks
AHAGAHAHAGHAHAH

>REEEEEEEEEEEE

strange thing is there's literally nothing wrong with their acting when they aren't together, but whenever they are talking to each other it suddenly turns into wtfishappening.jpg

>centuries in future
>dont just use blaster instead of retarded close combat

Dane without makeup looks like an average 30yo dude

>What the fuck where they thinking when casting these two fuck-ups?
>It could have been a good movie I think but nearly every character felt so out of place.

I just watched this movie the other day and didn’t really have a problem with the casting (though the guy doesn’t strike me as particularly handsome) and the SFX were fantastic but this movie would have been better as a tv series that begins the story from the start, as unless you’re French and familiar with the comic, everything just kinda comes out of nowhere and I got the feeling that I was expected to know the setting and characters ahead of time.

But Mila was acting long before the 5th Element user.

It was hilarious seeing Dane act like he's some kind of playboy stud. He's been decent in other movies but he didn't fit the character here, even Cara was more believable which is pretty fucking embarrassing.

Trust me. This sci-fi is just shit.

the main problem of the movie is that there is no real job to do for the protagonists. they are just along for the ride.
the big fuck up of the movie is the noble savage aliens with the perpetuum mobile. the two worst things you can do in a scify fantasy setting and this french hack manages to get both into his shite movie

well billionaire's daughter did pay most of the budget.

cara

looks like the concept artist just copied mass effect.

Did you enjoy the beginning exposition scene where the computer tells the main characters basic information about their home they already know but the audience does not?

I want to go through the movie and write down the problems with nearly every scene but that would require me watching that dumpster fire again.

what scene are you talking about?

Honestly, that's the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

why was rihanna in this? did valerian know her from before or wtf was that character about?

youtube.com/watch?v=VaWCEzfXCaU

Isn't that the question of the day?

Don't bother, that never happened. Probably just hates the movie on principle and considers every (you) to be a small victory.

Fifth Element is a really good movie though, so I wouldn't call him a hack.

40 minutes in when they arrive at the space station alpha. It is a straight up info dump. Who lives there, how many etc, straight exposition.

After the horrible character introductions on the ships holodeck they fly into the station and on approach ask the computer to update them on anything new. Cue 5 minutes of tourist style exposition on the stations population, zootopia rip off of the city's different areas, how far it had traveled from Earth, and the different races and what they do.

If you have not seen a movie then don't post on a thread about it fuckhead.

I thought both actors were alright. It was nice not to have a roided out action lead for once.

The problem is they look like fucking siblings.

Why bother fighting at close range when you can shoot them at mid range?

Yes. I've seen much worse from female actors, so this doesn't look half bad comparably.

its not a scifi movie in the classical sense its soft disclosure. main actors are not actors they are like tour guides, you WANT them to be bland. the star in the movie are the aliens, parallel dimensions, the city in space. now go rewatch it like a documentary. tldr: its real. all of it.

>i can’t relate to healthy males because i myself am malformed and feeble
lol

you think they already knew the info and also lived there because he used the word "update"? or why do you think that?

rihanna was in it to say billionaire's daughter was a ten. That's it.

I had no problem with that scene. They were away on missions for a long time and it implies the city growing and changing at an incredible rate.

The only part I had a problem with was the super long flashback about the pearl aliens near e end of the movie. Cut that down and the movie goes way higher up my list.

director fucked up

The actors were not horrible, is that they cast them as career badasses with a dozen medals of honor or whatever his line was when they look and act like recruits who have not had a reality check yet.

and writer, fucking meme lines constantly

> they talked about being glad to be home
> they interact with people who know them in sight who live there
> their HQ and only humans shown in the movie are from that station

the problem with this interpretion is they take up the majority of the screen time.

I didn't even realise they were on that station

*flashbacks you the other half of the plot*

>ywn drink a beer with Jackie Chan
Why live?

hot

The love dialogue at the end of the movie actually made me cringe for the first time watching a movie. I can't believe the actors were able to make it through the lines.

disjointed!

>autistic screeching

nah just take the scene of the shapeshifting alien that goes on for 5 minutes just showing it lol. also the actors are always on the move. not the actors are important the stage is important. the director is showing you a world.

This is lazy writing. Characters drive a story, not scenery.

its not a story its a documentary. watch it like a louis thereux film. valerian/girl=louis. its all the other stuff that matters not louis

We have guns in today's world. Why do cops carry knight sticks or batons?

The slime alien was the only remotely enjoyable character in the entire movie. Like literally the only part of the movie where I didn't want everyone on screen to die.

I don't understand people that think the leads were well cast. They were genuinely unbelievable and unlikeable from start to finish.

Arguably the biggest casting fuckup in history. It's the first thing 99% of all viewers comment on, how the lead guy wasn't a match for her. It's mind blowing to me that Besson brainstormed this property for literally decades, aiming for a vision with Avatar-tier world building and box office. He bets his entire company on ths franchise. He already warmed up with space opera with The Fifth Element. And he JUSTs on the first baby step: casting. The role needed a young Bruce Willis type. Or even a Steve from Stranger Things. This guy looks like a gay Edward Furlong. I understand Besson's androgynous aesthetic. You could have a guy who goes both ways, but it'd need to be an actor who looks like a killer. Or a young Keanu or River Phoenix. First movie I've ever wanted to stop watching due to a miscast. All these smart people working on this, no one speaks up? And Rhianna is so washed up, like an aged thug. Just ashy and gross. Blech

Ridiculous. Louis is one of the main reasons those docs are any good in the first place

>watch it like a louis thereux film.
Lmao, this thread is more like a Louis Theroux (ftfy) documentary than Valerian. If we stick to your poorly worded context, then Valerian's leads are like Tay and Zo, or any other Microsoft AI assistants

Movie was pure kino .. 10/10.
I enjoyed them both immensely. The chemistry was 10/10.

louis is amazing ofc he is not the main attraction though. its always louis AND... valerian AND...
aliens, dimensions, spaceships, mormons, autists, scientology... is whats the main event.

>I'm ACTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

This could have been a well shot scene if they kept the camera angle from the beginning.