DM3 Thread

What is Illumination's endgame?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uApRZVgOvxc
youtu.be/kl2B68KV_Ro
youtube.com/watch?v=nXDwIo5_AMo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Was the (((nose))) intentional?

Keep cranking Minion's media until the heat death of the universe/their executives literally can no longer bear the weight of all the money?

To destroy all that is good and tasteful and turn them into pop culture shitshows.

Pic related is next.

Make as many shitty movies as possible.

WHERE HAV I SEEN THIS B4

Are Minions still popular?

Wow I never knew Gru's brother was Donald Trump. Good for him.

I saw a little kid go fucking crazy, lose their shit, like opening presents on Christmas crazy over Minions cereal.

FUCKING CEREAL.

>And people think I'M the supervillain

Huh, he's actually having a brother show up. I thought from the teaser that the disco guy was going to be his brother in an EPIC twist.

What the fuck is the point of this?

to make money.

>There will never be a Despicable Me sequel about the kids growing up and choosing whether or not to take up Gru's old villainous ways.

Fells bad man.

DUDE TRUMP LMAO

Destroy anything interesting about the setup from the first and cash in on minions. The first focuses on him fixing what's wrong in his life but ignoring that he loved being a villain and pretending becoming a good guy solves everything. If the second had been about raising the girls to become villains themselves, or even one of them deciding they don't want to be a villain the series would stand out. Instead we get minion trash and later shrek tier movies.

Yes especially in China

There will be.
They will just keep making movies after all, so it is going to happen sooner or later.

Very later though, those kids will be old by then.

of course there will be, why else do you think the Dreamworks: Despicable Me spinoff will air every week on Nickelodeon?

aren't you excited to see MORE minions doing LEL SO RANDUM things in an episodic comedy series? :^)

Isn't he a hero now?

The point is to make a feature length commercial to advertise all the merch and tie-ins you've got going.

Money

Well that makes sense, given how relatable to the Chinese they are.

An Adam Sandler movie.

Oh, holy shit, it IS Trump.

That's going to be the entire fucking gag, isn't it? This guy, who's Gru's brother, seems all good and nice, hence his wearing white. But in reality he's going to be a huge asshole and ultimately the villain of the movie. His Trump similarities will be played with extensively.

I've just fucking written out the entire plot of the movie, haven't I?

To make enjoyable movies I can take my kids to. Doi, that was hard wasn't it?

>To make enjoyable movies
They're doing a pretty shit job at that.

YES

I LOVE THIS IDEA

Should've been either the last film or this one. Despicable Me TOO and Despicable Me Three are titles that automatically lend themselves to the premise.

>if I have kids in the next 10 years they'll probably watch Despicable Me: the Cartoon from 2027 onwards

Wew I would say wew anyway but then I remember spongebob started when I was fucking 8 years old and just a few weeks ago my roommate was watching it and chuckling. These things, they never end anymore. Not as long as they make money.

Same as the studio behind Ice Age. And Ice Age doesn't even make Minions money.

I would hope they be more clever and less "I'm liberal and butthurt".

>This guy, who's Gru's brother, seems all good and nice, hence his wearing white. But in reality he's going to be a huge asshole and ultimately the villain of the movie.

That's not a Trump thing. That's a cliche villain plot.

To make as many movies that they can cram Minions into as possible because they're a merchandise goldmine.

That's the character Trey Parker is voicing right?

I thought he resembled Hillary before opening the thumbnail.

Wait, is that fucking Hillary Clinton?

>the youngest becomes a hero
>the middle one becomes a villain
>the eldest becomes a politician/government agent
>they still get together at Gru's place for the holidays

>instead of getting this, minions

I mean look at his face, he's way too smug

The plot will be something infuriating like his brother is doing dickish things but no one believes Gru because Gru used to be a villain

But then Gru is proven right

But then Gru has to save his brother because his brother was mistaken when it came to those things and is going to get fucked over by his own dumb bullshit and you always have to save your idiot family when they fuck themselves over

The thing I've never been able to figure out is, are there ANY heroes in this universe? Gru is a supervillain. There seem to be reams of supervillains. Is there not one superhero? Or is it just spy agencies like that chick with the big nose belonged to?

So his name is Dru? You think his skin will turn blue when he is revealed a villain?

How the hell is that Trump? Gru's brother looks like any other blonde pretty boy 'perfect' character while still being Gru's brother.

Can't wait

Geoff Johns' underaged clone!

>Has blonde hair
>must be Trump
Wow, people just want to be offended these days, huh

user, shut the hell up

>the scarf tied
>the bangs

david spade. if it's not david spade it won't be worth it. this just screams metrosexuality.

Owner is a HUGE The Office (US) fan

He has a wife now, doesn't he? I really liked her

Yea and they were going after a villain that was Pure 80s. Did that get scrapped and now we're competing against his brother (whi will be revealed to also be bald at the climax of the film.}

Literally this, there has to be so much backstock of that shit sitting around in warehouses, the store where I work has like 30 of those fucking minion funko pop guys sitting in a crate in the stock room

The 80s villain is probably employed by his brother or vice versa

OP Here

Would you all mind keeping this thread up? There's supposed to be a new trailer later on today.

I heard they were going to base Gru's nose off of Steve Carell's, but they made it smaller so it'd be less cartoonish.

The movie will be redeemed in my eyes if they ever say Gru has the dominant genes and his brother the recessive.

>tfw little brother's hair is blond

According to OP he's a supervillain, assuming the president is

youtube.com/watch?v=uApRZVgOvxc

Maybe they will be self aware.
>"he's a hero"
>"he is so not. look at his face! he is obviously a villain"
>Everyone thinks he is a villain
>Turns out he really is a chill dude and a hero. Just generally evil genes make him look bad.

Trailer's out.

youtu.be/kl2B68KV_Ro

OP out...to lunch.

Nowhere near as bad as i thought it would be.

>scroll over embed
>see this
>nope.tiff

How are you this gay? You're like the guy who was on here loaded that Minions didn't properly explore their origin like he wanted.

if they reveal that gru's bro's motivation for being true evil (as some anons in this thread predicted) was that "father gave gru all the dominant genes and he was stuck with the recessive genes", i might just forgive illumination

It already says Steve Carell is playing both of them.

youtube.com/watch?v=nXDwIo5_AMo

Why did I watch this, I've never even seen Despicable Me. Why did I just willingly sit through a commercial for a product I know I'm not interested in?

I'm sorry, but the minute the Minions spoke this movie became unwatchable for me.

Because yu know yu want it, yu tease.

Look, I'm tired of seeing Minions everywhere (tho they gave me an idea for my steampunk elf-wizard to experiment with), but, in the context of the movies, I love em, and so do yu, if yu'll admit it, deep down in yuur shriveled, black little kidney

I'm disgusted by how non-pulsed I was after watching this.

It's literally just going to be a complete remake of the Simpsons episode with sideshow bob's brother.

Also you fuckos need to stop chugging the Kool-aid, you're driving each other to paranoia.

This is an underrated post.

That's almost exactly the ending of El Tigre.

is this quentin

>implying Jews are the only white (yeah I said it) people with big noses

Kek, I forgot he had a big ass nose

Despicable Me 3: The Search for More Money

I don't get why they're allowed to keep making Seuss movies when the live action ones got shut down hard for being terrible.

I mean, I guess their movies aren't AS bad, but that's damning by faint praise at best.

>trump invented blonde hair

BANANA

> Sup Forums blame jews for eveyrthing
> Sup Forums blame Trump

He doesn't look like trump beyond being blonde. And besides it isn't like you can make a hollywood-level CGI movie in three weeks, or even three years.

Megamind was a better Supervillain movie

>but ignoring that he loved being a villain
He was fucking horrendous as a villain and a joke within the villain community; even the thing they implied he did in the trailer was notMandark's work.

>the Dreamworks: Despicable Me spinoff will air every week on Nickelodeon

Miranda Cosgrove is Dan's property in perpetuity, her hope and optimism gone

your disdain reaction image really made me rethink my life

>the live action ones got shut down hard for being terrible
I thought the live actions adaptations were shut down because the Seuss family thought they were too "adult" compared to the original books? At least that's what I heard in response to Cat in the Hat.