Re-watch first 3 seasons of GoT

>re-watch first 3 seasons of GoT
>remember how great it was

Why the fuck did they have to ruin this show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JcmylxQ0ma4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Literally only 1 season is "bad".

5,6 and 7 are all fucking shit. You're retarded if you don't realise this.

Great argument you got there, you sound mad. Nah, most of 6 is bad and maybe a third of 7 is bad, for the most part though, S7 is ok. Relax, faggot. Even the worst seasons are better than most television out there.

>Why the fuck did they have to ruin this show?
the fat fuck killed tywin, roose and stannis. now we are left with marry sues, with jaime and cersei being the only interesting characters in the show.

people who are saying that the newer seasons are shit need to just stop whining and shut the fuck up. They remind me of the douchebags that whine about "being born in the wrong generation" and shit like that
just because you didn't get your desired jonsa pairing, doesn't mean that the show is bad, so just stop being a whiny sadcunt and go watch mr. robot
who the fuck discusses game of thrones on Sup Forums anyway? the generals were banned and for good reason. so go back to r*ddit you shitcunts

I never said the whole show was bad, just one season.

>7>6
Alright, this has to be bait.

no argument has to be made for the blatantly obvious

Because you call it a show instead of a TV Series.

They simply answered the retarded public's demands.

Not every opinion you disagree with is bait, 7 was unironically a stronger season than 6.

The newer seasons are shit though, dummy. Sounds like you’re the one who should go back

That megaustist Dragon Demands does sum it up quite well: they started writing for the actors and not the characters.

Im still trying to understand what was littlefinger's plan with sansa and arya

youtube.com/watch?v=JcmylxQ0ma4

3>1>2>4>6>5>7

>Actually ranking 6 better than anything.

Nice response retard.

nah dude, you're clearly just too cultured for me.

>Wahh wahhh wahhh! Season (next one) is the worst! Dated circa 20__)
>the show really jumped the shark in (insert here___)
>it really went: A) to shit. B) downhill. C) nowhere (please circle one)

I thought it was a slight improvement on 5 before they gave up or whatever happened with the nonsensical shitshow that was 7.

I doubt that takes much.

Littlefinger never had a plan, user.

He just did whatever he thought would gain him greater power at any opportunity.

If he had a plan and stuck to it rather than trying to turn everything into his next genius ploy he would have come out a long way in front, but he could never stick with anything.

nah, not at all.
just these three
/r/atheism
/r/gameofthrones
BLACKED.com

>that armor design the show used to have
>those aesthetics
>now we get the emo black leather team and discount JAGSPERRO
>those fucking prop weapons the sand snakes used
>the FUCKING sand snake arc in it's entirety

Everyone can agree it went to shit after the red wedding

The series was never good

The first season was interesting
Then you just keep on watching because I want to know how it ends.

The Game of Thrones hype is dead, people saying “OMG best series ever!” just want to impress their friends who are most likely neckbeards eating chili cheese fries whilst whacking off to scenes of Emilia Clarke

I don't though, I think it's more of a mixed bag.

comparing crap to more crap
>dialogue gets even clunkier
>sense of space and time gets even worse and more unrealistic
>draw out characters death cause you can't write for him

name anything 7 does better than 6

What's that, kike?
you mean there's a pattern to how ideas, money, passion, and interest all slowly wane after the show peaks, and it's a bad thing to notice this pattern? I should ignore any and all drops in quality and continue to watch things i've lost interest in? I shouldn't espouse this kind of opinion online lest it hurts your coffers?

so sorry

>implying the crossover with Naruto wasn't pretty good
>implying making it less like adult books and more like Teen Spies didn't increase the revenue

You guys have no talent for this kind of industry.

this is the biggest fucking issue with the show
you have no idea if a scene change is a "meanwhile" or a "five months later" and it can do each one a half dozen times in a single episode

varys being across the fucking map twice in one episode last season really fucking boiled my cabbages

>dialogue gets even clunkier
Nothing really has changed for the dialogue outside of speeding the scenes along for plot reasons which make the episodes seem rushed. The Davos, Jon, Tyrion and Dany meetup stuff was actually pretty entertaining.
Yeah, I agree.
>name anything 7 does better than 6
Some of the cinematography is better, the caravan dragon attack was the highlight of the entire season.

Not to mention ALL characters are bland as fuck. Uninspired dialogues, smug faces, cliche quotes, good vs evil storyline... D&D can’t write for shit.

>literally having an argument with yourself about a Jew boogeyman

the only time anyone ever stops being smug is so another character can be smug at their expense

what else is there to do on a saturday morning

You're just repeating popular game of thrones general memes.

7 was shite thoughout. 6 had some actually great scenes if only a few good episodes.

>Sup Forums told me I hate 7 because it was bad, because it sucks
When your balls drop, you'll be able to formulate complex opinions, just hang in there!

all shows go to shit after a few seasons as the writers look to extend/expand on the original premise and characters, even great shows like breaking bad suffer from this.
the one show i can think of that avoided this kind of dilution is the wire, because it started from the beginning with so many characters the focus never changed radically

1-4: Absolute kino
5: Crap
6: Great scenes, only a few good episodes
7: Level on season 5 crap

> Nothing has changed for the dialogue
Are you fucking deaf with reading comprehension issues ? Or do you simply have amnesia ?

I kept them simple so you'd understand; you couldn't. Sad!

I simply don't agree with your memespeak, while at the same time highlighting the changes in dialogue writing that is evidenced by changed pace, sometimes an inconsistent tone and an overall rushed sense of urgency to get the episodes over with.

pretty accurate

>I'm pretending to be a child

thanks for clarifying, but why the green text?

>being this new to not understand greentext

> it's a meme
How fucking braindead oblivious can you be. Dorne, Litttlefinger, nonsensical shit at Winterfell, characterization out of the window for every characters, stupid decisions, teleportation all over the place, no character development, plot armor, all of this spawned at the beginning of season 5. But yeah, the memes, right.

oh okay, that explains it. You'll get it eventually though.

> I don't agree with what you say
> except i do actually
What a fucking useless post.

>REEEEE I CANT EVEN! WHY AREN'T WE A HIVEMIND REEEEE! REEEEE! REEEEE!

Learn to read, I said I agree with some aspects of what you said but ultimately, I don't find the dialogue "worse" because I'm not a memeing faggot.

its really simple: the first 4 seasons were very close adaptations of the books. 5+ is the terrible showrunners making shit up as they go along

>he actually is this new

14 years old ruin this place. Don't post when you have nothing to say

> I dont't find the dialogue worse because I don't know how to read
ftfy

You don't READ dialogue in a televison show...

Yet you're the one complaining that we don't all agree.

yeah that's what i'm saying. now you're using it in a "quote the post in alternate words or a summarized fashion" manner properly. Good work!

> Hating quips and overused character motivations that haven't moved for 3 seasons is memeing
> Hating dialogue that doesn't make any character think on themselves and what they do is memeing
> Hating dialogue that carefully avoids plot points fir no good reason is memeing
> Hating useless shallow dialogue is memeing
GOT fans are fucking deluded.

I do though, I'm deaf.

fucking lol

the irony that blacks are basically the only group that IS proportionately represented is too much

what a world

No I don't give a fuck about your opinion, I'm just here to remind you that saying GoT has shit writing since season 5 isn't a fucking meme, it's not a bandwagon, it's something that can be quantified and the moment it all goes to shit is easily spottable.
You can like it all you want, just don't convince yourself it's well written.

nothing happens until the last 2 eps per season. its incredibly slow and boring. midaswell watch lotr

It is quite sad to watch, especially if you read the books.

Everything the show was great for, ie NOT using typical cliches and shitty dialogue, is all it is now.

Dany's fucking smug face makes me want to strangle her in every scene, especially after she does mary sue ass pull after mary sue asspull

And cersei fanboys I will never, ever understand

>might as well watch lotr
after the beginning of fellowship (which is comfy as hell) those movies are paced like a freight train. even the extended editions, they're just long. the several endings rotk has are earned

Cersei's implosion in AFFC is maybe the most delicious storyline in the whole series. Show for some reason decided some people are supposed to be rooting for her, or at least seeing her as le epic strong ruthless woman. She does the same retarded things as in the books but faces no consequences, Jaime even still meekly follows her around like a puppy. Bullshit

Look at this brave redditor typing a “faggot”.

How do you remember the seasons that came out more than 5 years ago? They were good, but how can you rate?

kys pleb

Been here over ten years and I honestly mean this, but discussion is fucking dead. Reddit saw to that, and I hate the "u rebbit teehee" memes. You're only allowed to hate TFA, you're only allowed to hate Game of Thrones, you're only allowed to hate...everything. It gets so fucking old, and I don't know why we keep going at it. There are no updoots or reddit gold or Imgur points. This site is just over.

You mean Tywin's death

> Hating quips
That's just an overused DCfag meme.
>and overused character motivations
I have no idea what this even means.
>that haven't moved for 3 seasons
A lot of shit happened plot-wise in S4 though.
> Hating dialogue that doesn't make any character think on themselves and what they do
Why don't you give me an example?
> Hating dialogue that carefully avoids plot points
Such as...?
>fir no good reason
First establish that this happens.
> Hating useless shallow dialogue
As in......?
>GOT fans are fucking deluded.
I'm not some superfan, I acknowledge the show has flaws. I'm just not a turboautist about it.

'Cos this fat shit has realised he'll be rolling in money the rest of his life without having to write another word; so D&D can't riff on the source material anymore; and are now writing for twitter reactions and office chatter.

>mfw dumbasses actually believe this is a complex intelligent show

Point to the user who made that argument.

>I'll call him a redditor! That will teach him!

Y-you know people exist and watch this show outside of Sup Forums... right?

i rewatched it before the latest season and it was unbelievable how much they fucked up everything after season 4. it was very entertaining before season 5

So, what you are saying is, nobody even made that argument and it's a strawman argument about people outside of Sup Forums who may have made that argument....at some point?

The story became worse as they shifted away from living Baratheons.

I feel the same way.
Wanted to rewatch the entire series but in that firist episode in season 5 you can notice the quality drop so drastically.

Beyond that point it's simply not worth rewatching.

> No one mentioned Jon Snow being resurrected after the episode it happened
> Jon for some reason became a wimp in season 6, Sansa of all people has to remind him to fight
> Every fucking Dorne dialogue (avenge a character by killing his family, perfect example of overused shallow character motivations)
> Every fucking Tyrion scene since end of season 4, he hasn't moved an inch, had no resolution of his breakdown, etc...
> Davos lost his king, tbe man he admired beyond everything, but hasn't given a single shit
> follows Jon around because reasons
> Iron islanders storyline is full on bullshit
> Gendry has no motivations for doing any of the shit he does
etc....
I could write this for every single character.
Their motivations make no sense anymore, events happen and are forgotten in the span of two episodes, and I haven't even touched on the military aspect which is a fucking shitfest in itself (everyone teleports around westeros like it was the size of Lichtenstein).
You ask me for examples of shit that has become the regular way of writing Game of Thrones since the end of season 4 ! How fucking oblivious are you ?
And by the way : season 5,6,7, that's three seasons for you, never mentioned season 4 in my post.

6 and 7 are both terrible. 5 is ok except for the stupid Dorne plot that goes nowhere.

Jaqen H'ghar

>people literally defending anything past season 4

It sure got Reddit in here all of a sudden, damn.

the funniest people are the ones who defend the battle of the bastards

what a piece of shit

Ran out of book material which is why I'm kind of sympathetic to the showrunners. Remember they signed on to do an adaptation, they were never supposed to have to write their own story.

the only thing the show runners actually cared about was getting to the red wedding. that's all they talked about in interviews before it happened. they didn't give a shit about anything that happened after it

lord kill the pain

They did fine with season 4 though.

In first few seasons most of budget used to go toward script cinematography and other technical things, now Emilia clerk's fat ass demand twice that amount

thiccleesi > thinleesi

Season 1
Jaime & Cersei were having a sexy time

Season 4
Jaime & Cersie were having second sexy time

Season 7
Jaime & Cersei were having a passionate sexy time for the third time.

Women and soyboys is the answer here, they ruin everything.

season 4 was great too. it turned into shit in season 5.

He had a plan but the storywriters were just so bad that they couldn't figure out any plan for him so they just had him die pointlessly like that one Stark kid who literally served no purpose but get an arrow to his back.

Because it turned into fan fic