Are any of the recent x-men series good?

I've heard good things but I don't wanna read a buncha wikis to catch up

all-new wolverine was fun

i heard old man logan was good too but i haven't got to it yet

No. Old Man Logan was decent up until the shitty vampire arc.

Bendis all new X Men wasnt good

from 2011 on this is good or great

Gillens Uncanny X Men
Gillens Consequences of Avengers vs X-Men
Spurriers X Men Legacy
(these 3 are the best ones)

these are also good

Lemire's Old Man Logan (still ongoing, although it will change writer soon)
Bunns Magneto
Bunns Uncanny X-Men (this wednesday is the last issue)

IvX was shit except for the first issue, storytime of pain bad.

Death of X was better, just in case you want to read how Cyclops died.
The Bendis and Lemire runs of X Men teams were very bad. Lemire can be ignored completely, but you must know Bendis brough the 05 from the past, and made Iceman gay.

All-New X-Factor was okay.
Spurrier's X-Force was good, but a notable step down from Legacy.
Rucka's (Young) Cyclops solo was enjoyable, but it doesn't go anywhere since he immediately left the book and it was soon cancelled.
I liked Liu's Astonishing after the shitty first arc, but maybe that's just me.

>The Bendis and Lemire runs of X Men teams were very bad.
I honestly didn't mind a lot of Bendis' Uncanny to be honest.

This is all you need to know user. Follow Uncanny till AVX (Throughout the Fear Itself relaunch), Then Gillen's Uncanny X-men, X-men Regenesis, New Mutants run, AVX consequences, X-men Legacy, Old Man Logan, Bunn's magneto and uncanny x men, Cyclops, All New X-men until Bendis revives the Uncanny title and PAD's X-factor are all good x-books.

You will notice a downward quality as you read but it's the best post second coming 2011 x-men had to offer and the characters in these books will feel somewhat consistent and less OCC.

This, all new wolverine is the best xmen title right now everything else is below average or straight up bad

I caught the tail end of Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men and enjoyed that, but Sup Forums seems to hate it. His Amazing X-Men was good too even though he only did the first arc and after that it was canceled real quick.

if you liked Age of Apocalypse in the 90s or if you had a passing interest in Excalibur, read Uncanny X-Force

And for books between 2000 and 2010?

Old-Man Logan is good.

Reading through the thread I forgot how consistently the X-Men have been buttfucked by marvel.
There's just not a whole lot worth reading the past couple years.

All New Wolverine is awful. it's X-23 with none of the edge that made her great.

>Bunns Magneto
I have to assume that this is just a meme at this point.

Because while Bunn does a good job with Mag's VOICE the series itself meanders around and goes exactly NO WHERE before just ending out of nowhere (thanks to Secret Wars and the the world literally ending).

Also: post Bendis Mags like Emma and Scott had their powers "broken" so he's not just meandering around aimlessly but meandering around aimlessly WHILE NERF'd!

every single one besides Brubaker's crap

>I've heard good things
You should probably stop listening to the advice of whoever told you that.
The X-Men franchise had been declining ever since Aaron and Bendis came in charge of the events and two years after that it entered freefall with AvX. Recently it hit rock bottom with the end of Bendis' run.
Then Soule and Lemire broke out the shovels and they've been digging ever since.

It really depends on your attitude. You know how people watch shit sitcoms like Big Bang Theory or Always sunny just to watch horrible people be horrible? X-Men comics are like that right now.

Juggernaut hasn't been seen since before the Secret Wars. And now they are bringing him back in Iceman of all things. And he's depowered again because fuck continuity,

>Uncanny X-force by Remender
>Gillen's Uncanny
>Bunn's Uncanny which comes after Bendis' uncanny which wasn't as bad as some people say in my opinion

Whilst technically not a proper X-title, Remenders Uncanny Avengers is pretty good too. Extraordinary X-men is the biggest pile of shit since Austen's X-men.

All you really need to know about modern X-Men can be found here: unxannyrewrites.tumblr.com/

1/3

3/3

maybe she's just trying to deal with her daddy issues

Uncanny X-Force, it's great.

It's also self-contained enough to read it on its own.