When did it lose it's magic?

When did it lose it's magic?

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/movies/2017/07/14/pixar-suburban-fantasy-dan-scanlon/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lasseter being proved a sex pervert retroactively makes the question null so

who cares? it has nothing to do with whether he made good animated movies.

Wall-E is their last movie of pure magic.

I never liked Up.
Toy Story 3 was pure reddit.
Inside Out was SJW
Monster universe is a D
Brave and Dinosaur = F
Cars 3 = F

Is it, dare I say, because Steve Jobs died?

It does; only good people can make really good movies

leni riefenstahl must have been a saint then

This pretty much. Hopeful for Incredibles 2 though since it's Brad Bird's baby

Up was their last great movie. Its a shame you didn't like it, but it was the least commercialized film they'd done. Yea they make toys out of everything, but it didn't have it in mind like many of their movies. Everything past Toy Story 3 is heavily toyetic though.

Inside out was good though

When Disney finally bought them out instead of just distributing their movies

With cars 2. Up was their last great film. They’ve had some other good films since then, like monsters university. But it’s not the same.

Good =/= magic.

>magic
reddit

bingo

> LE MOUSE meme

Disney always provided funding for most of the production's budgets, and thus had a lot of leverage for meddling from the start.

In fact, part of the deal of the Disney "buyout" was having Lasseter becoming head of both Disney and Pixar animation studios, so they actually had MORE creative freedom

>hugging people is now perverted
This sucks, man. My poor old grandmother, I never knew how much of a monster I am.

Pixar's next original is some fantasy world thing

>Set in a humanless world of elves, trolls, sprites, and “pretty much anything that would be on the side of a van in the ‘70s,” the movie follows two teenage brothers whose father died when they were young; now, they’re “on a quest through this mundane, modern fantasy world to somehow find a way to spend one last magical day with their father.”

ew.com/movies/2017/07/14/pixar-suburban-fantasy-dan-scanlon/

I loved up. People say it falls flat on its ass after the intro, but I always enjoyed it. Was The Good Dinosaur really that bad?

have you considered the possibility that pixar were never good?

But it was good, user.

you guys keep using 'reddit' has an adjective. Please define reddit.

when it pumped out the same 'visual humor' based horseshit for the 70000th time

*as

> reddit getting reddit mad

disney acquisition. toy story 3 was too much like a retread of 2.

Only redditors are unable to intuitively understand what Reddit means

Only the themes are completely different and it actually provides a satisfying overarching narrative curve for the trilogy

THE MOUSE though

Toy Story 3 was like The Force Awakens. It's like, are either incompetent films? No, not really. But are they "good"? That's a little more dubious.

At least with Toy Story 3 it's like I understand the need to tie up the story arc and everything but at the same time it feels like its still somehow unnecessary.

Anyway it doesn't deserve the 99% or whatever rating it has on Rotten Tomatoes.

>Please define reddit

here

UP had a masterful beginning.
Toy Story 3 was amazing. Probably the best.
Inside Out, MU, Brave, Wall-E, Dinosaur, and every one of the Cars movies were garbage.

ending was faaaar too cliche

I see. You use it as a broad term to define everything you don't like, because you can't properly use the already exiting words. Yeah, makes sense.

Probably around Cars
I remember liking UP but really only the first half is good and then slap on some dumb talking dog subplot adventure that seems totally unnecessary

It's some what weird that Disney would give Brad bird tomorrow land but not let him do a marvel CapeShit flick
He's done decent live action movies like Mission impossible
With Incredibles and Iron Giant he shows he at least enjoys comic books on some level
He could probably do a really good Cape Flick

You grew up.

>>Reddit.com

The good dinosaur is so empty it was painful for me to watch. Its just a depressing sad film about a young dinosaur who is suffering to get home and is not a very rewarding film. It's devoid of characters, moments just....light disney hardship and no fun till the t-rexes show up.

Everything after Treasure Planet.

Put like a true Redditing savant.

Staff changed, company name stayed. All creative talent left

>Toy Story 3 was amazing. Probably the best.
Fuck no. It was just a rehash of 2. The first movie remains the best one because it was a dark comedy and not some tryhard create feels bullshit

Even though it's one of my favourites, probably Brave. That film didn't feel like a Pixar film, and since then we've mainly been getting sequels or new IPs no one really cares about like that Dinosaur one.

It just seems like they are going for an emotional rather than telling an actual story that means something. It's like every film they produce anymore has to have some sad and/or depressing undertone when it didn't used to be that way. Toy Story and The Incredibles had no seriously sad moments like they are trying to do now. It feels like they think of something sad and build a story around that rather than telling a genuinely good and fun one. Now the stories try so hard to get you to cry they aren't even sad anymore, it's just annoying.

I thought it was when Disney took full ownership of Pixar.
But writers say it's because they no longer focus on character development. Before, when the animation was still rough, they had to take non-human characters and compensate with a very well developed character. Now, they can just cram movies with quality CGI to compensate for cardboard characters.

>Inside Out was SJW
What?

I dropped them completely after Brave. I'm glad I did.

Although I saw Inside Out with my nephew, it was WAY over-hyped.

Cars 2. It was the first of their films to really show it's about animation rather than story-telling at this point.

Thank you Armond White and Chris Chan's half brother.

>Sup Forums hates Toy Story 3

Shit taste as usual

Essential Animation Kino that isn't Disney/Pixar?

Bluth.

Be afraid tough, be very afraid.

(((they)))

Not an argument. Also