Now that the dust has settled, on a scale of 1 to 10, how LYNCHED were you overall?

Now that the dust has settled, on a scale of 1 to 10, how LYNCHED were you overall?

Other urls found in this thread:

waggish.org/2017/twin-peaks-finale/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You mean by the show as a whole, or by The Return on its own. Because the answer to both is pretty fucking Lynched

Once we got Laura back at the endI was expecting good things. That fucking scream still haunts me. Sheryl Lee is horrorkino

The Return

a solid 9

The real "good things" were in ep 16 and 17; they felt satisfying and gave closure to the whole experience.

After that, it was previsible Lynch would do his thing and go for the cryptic and frustrating angle again. He did, and there's no reason to be mad about it, it was actually enjoyable in its own way; it's just a springboard for followup storylines if they ever feel like doing that

It had me mentally fucked up for about a week afterward 9.LYNCHED/10

The more I step away from it, the more I like it, but of course I would watch in an instant if we had a half season of Coop and Laura

/ourgal/

>tfw no wacky adventures of Lodge retarded Coop and Laura

I miss when this show was full of cute girls

If by LYNCHED you mean "how much did it piss me off" then a 2/10. I wish the side stories had more of a conclusion, but oh well, that's Lynch for ya.
However if you meant "how much did you get rused/mindfucked" then a 8/10. I don't think I will ever forget this rollercoaster of a season.

>That's Lynch for ya
I want to stab every poser fucker who says this, every single Lynch movie has a well defined and rounded ending, people claiming shit like this have never seen one of them

Yes, the MAIN story gets a conclusion, however, all the other stuff is left open to interpretation. I'm talking about the side stories here.

Name the side stories that were porposefully left hanging by lynch in Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, Wild at Heart, Lost Highway or Mulholland Drive

No.

Ok, name the ones that were porpousefully left hanging in the elephant man, dune and the straight story, since it's apparently his staple characteristic you shouldn't have any problems naming one, or wait maybe "Lynch fans" never watched anything but twin peaks and formes their entire opinion on his body of work from the return

Not him but you can't really compare movies and shows in terms of plot threads. A movie that has many side stories in it is usually headed for failure in the first place. Heat is an example of a movie that has that kind of thing but that manages to pull it off; I don't think that kind of side story density exists in any of Lynch's stuff other than Twin Peaks.

I was Phillip Jeffries'd/10. Goddammit Judy. The villain isn't supposed to win in the end!

Something about her head makes it look like it’s chiseled out of marble.

Didn’t you see The Return? She was forged by the Giant himself

What was his endgame?

>What was his endgame?

To find a light.

I've tried to mentally explain the final two episodes to myself and my mind keeps exploding

I was literally lynched the FUCK out.

Thanks for the spoiler

To prepare the way for Judy to manifest, far as I can tell.

>why are you guys talking about the ending in a thread about the ending?

It doesn’t matter, you’d be too much of s brainlet to get it anyway

Yeah. That scream is awesome

Judy?

Who were the black face hobo guys?

The return lynched me hard still haven't recovered fully

Lynchian metaphor for BBC

Fifty years old and she’s still the scream queen!

Honestly like a 9.8/10

i still think about the ending a lot.

It was brilliant.
For anyone who doesn't "get it" i highly encourage you guys to read this:

waggish.org/2017/twin-peaks-finale/

It's kinda long, so unless you're a fan (and you have a lot of patience & time to spare), don't bother

I feel like this explanation is kind of overrated, like he makes a lot of good points but goes way too deep on sone things

>like he makes a lot of good points but goes way too deep on sone things

I actually agree. And there's many elements which can still be left to subjective interpretation. But it's still good enough to have a big picture of the series.

>N-no! It's a happy ending!
haha

>>N-no! It's a happy ending!
I didn't think it was. The very ending felt like a loop. Seems as though Cooper did it all in vain. Saved her for nothing. As soon as her mom called her.."Lauuuraa!" (from first season), it felt like it was back to square one. There's no escape from her tragic destiny.

Some episodes Lynched me harder than others, but I was definitely 10/10 Lynched at some points.

The great debate

>eps. 1-17
3/10 LYNCHED, mostly because of ep. 8
>ep. 18
10/10 FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Maddy all the way

They have the same pusy!

first name people who could possibly be MORE autistic than yourself. you can't

Wtf is maddy giving her a handjob under the table???

Based nigs desu

I miss Montana-posting

Hell, I miss all of /tpg/ memes

Part 17 kinda sucked, but the rest was a literal 10/10. It's all downhill from here

You'll see...

Deepest lore

B-but part 17 was meant to suck!

It was great. Ending was sick.
Also, just in case anybody was in doubt, Lucy is best girl.

Laura > Maddy

NOOOOOO!!!!

I keked, mostly.
All these autists getting triggered, trying to find some hidden meaning in everything, posting theories and worshipping Lynch made me cringe though.
It's just a bunch of random nonsense to have a dreamy experience, intertwined with some real plot events that will eventually lead somewhere if they do continue this. Found it more like a "turn off your brain and enjoy the ride" experience.

DAILY REMINDER

BRAINLET TIER:
Relying on Frost’s books for answers

PLEB TIER:
Relying on Lynch’s interpretive shit to come up with answers

PATRICIAN TIER:
Making up your own Twin Peaks lore

ELDER GOD TIER:
Watching Twin Peaks for cute girls

his show pulled the rug from me so many times i just gave in and lay on my back for the last few episodes.

the whole thing is a lesson in TM from a follower of TM.

Who cares? Here is the Twin Peaks women tier:

Audrey (Literally Sex Incarnate)>Donna (Close Second)>>>Shelley (Hot, but nothing compared to the above two)>>>>>>>>>>>Who gives a shit

no, it was donna then shelly.
i know as i have the manual on universal parameters for attractiveness and it states that you are wrong.

Put Maddy between Audrey and Donna and you’re correct

amazon reviews of the return are cringe kino

We followed the abuser during the original run.
We followed the abused during FWWM.
We followed those who were complicit in the abuse by keeping silent in S3.
Are we done?
Fucking LYNCHED.

This is still technically true because Sheryl is top qt and not for sex

Hugs, not fugs!

And yet, somehow, the Return's ending was not as fucked as this.

Based /tpg/ posters BTFOing brainlets