The force awakens is one of the best star wars films

The force awakens is easily the 3rd best star wars film. You guys need to take your nostalgia goggles off, sit back and enjoy this movie. Because its actually pretty damn good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e1j7zc31CcY&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=4hNAji3lIGE&t=1287s
youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes&t=511s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is not an achievement at all.

>You guys need to take your nostalgia goggles off,
whole movie is 1 big nostalgia fanservice

>Watch The Nostalgia Awakens
>take your nostalgia goggles off!
What a fine oxymoron you have there, user.

How would you rate the star wars film's?

There's a lot more to it than that, if your willing to see it.

What your opinion on the last crusade?

>shitty main characters
>poorly written stories and motivations
>director clearly didn't care about the movie
>characters are only explained in books, which means they aren't explained at all
It was shit and all you want is (You)s.
Finn was shit, Rey was shit and a Mary Sue, Kylo could have been good if the movie focused on him instead and they ruined the original trilogy in the process

such as?

These are all things that you are
Just projecting onto the film. You just want to hate it.

No it's the 2nd best star wars film since it's literally just Star Wars

It takes many aspects from the original and puts a new spin on it. Kylo is similar to Vader in appearance and introduction but is later shown to be very different. Rey is similar to Luke in some ways, but is overall a more confident individual due to her spending most of her life alone. The film is stuffed with little things like this.

>Empire
>Star Wars
>Rogue One
>Return of the jedi
>Force awakens
>Return of sith
>attack of clones
>Phantom Menace

objectively the best list

I wanted to like it. It was shit.
I saw it 4 times while it was in theaters (tickets were free)
It sucks ass and anyone who says otherwise is blinded by nostalgia

It amazes me how the oh so intelligent people of Sup Forums are completely incapable of understanding the point of this film.

How can you be this dumb.

>rogue one

Care to elaborate, you smug cunt?

Oh yeah it also caters to feminists. representation of stronk independent white womyn is important in Star wars

>Revenge of the Sith that low
Come on.

I'd say objectively this is the correct order
1. Esb
2. Anh
3. Tfa
4. Rotj
5.rogue
6. Rots
7. Tpm
8. Aotc

it's so good you have to shill it in Sup Forums

Using the word shill. Your opinion is now worthless.

ye, but these are like details, whole main structure is like from OT. let me quote an example of Mummy/Mummy Returns. imo most lazy rehash ever

>Mummy: retrospetive story of main antagonist
Returns: retrospective story of main antagonist
>Mummy: Rick and soldiers team find city of undead, where he finds plot-key artefict
Returns: they explore something, finding plot-key artifict
>Mummy: action-filled plot leading to kidnapping one of main characters, to fullfill ritual
Returns: action-filled plot, leading to kidnapping one of main characters, to fullfil ritual
>Mummy: good guys use air vehicle to chase baddies
Returns: good guys use air vehicle to chase baddies
>Mummy: air vehicle down by gigant sand face
Returns: air vehicle down by gigant water face
>Mummy: heroes fight undead, to defeat antagonist from retrospective intro
Returns: heroes fight undead to defeat antagonist from retrospective intro
>Mummy: Rick fight Imhoptep, while Johnatan reads book with final help of Eve
Returns: Eve fight Anck-Su-Namun, while kid reads book with final help of Johnatan
>Mummy: main antagonist (Imhotep) is defeated, secondary antagonist (Anck-Su-Namun in this case) goes back to world of dead
Returns: main antagonist (this time Scorpion) is defeated, secondary antagonist (Imhotep) goes back to world of dead
>Mummy: heroes are escaping with what it seems like nothing, yet they still got some goods, and bad/greedy sidekick (Beni) killed by bugs
Returns: heroes are escaping with what it seems like nothing, yet they still got some goods, and bad/greedy sidekick (Aack-Su-Namun) killed by bugs

see what i mean? there are differences, agree, but they are just cosmetic while whole structure is almost same

shilling for nuwars make your life worthless

I agree that structure is mostly the same. But that's not what is important in this film. Thousands of film's have the same structure its what they do within it that is important.

What did this film do that's important?

YORE 'AN SOLOW
DIS IS DA MILLENYUM FALKO

I liked it. But it's literally the same exact plot as episode 4

ANH was decent, ESB is GOAT, RTJ was okay.
Prequel trilogy is unreedemable garbage.
FA and R1 were fan fiction trash.
Overall SW is a pretty terrible franchise with literally one above average movie and Star Wars fans are pathetic for thinking they're good.

>take nostalgia goggles off to watch a movie whos entire story is an homage to the first star wars movie

I assume you also use words like Kino, cuck and normie. You continue following the Sup Forums herd and not think for yourself.

ye, but TFA did nothing important, maybe beside finally killing han solo.
nothing, but nooothing about that movie worth remembering

I liked it better when it was called A New Hope.

Can't really add more to the discussion than the points listed here.

Film was a shit fest.

It has a similar structure but is telling a different story.

What about the clone wars

>Star Wars babby gets triggered that his favorite franchise is banal trash

The film is very far from being a shit fest. That is just pure exaggeration. At its worst I can see people saying it's just okish. But tgere is nothing that stands out as being particularly bad.

Never watched it because I'm not 12 years old

Outside of the first two films and tfa i consider a majority of the films to be mediocre to awful.

youtube.com/watch?v=e1j7zc31CcY&t=1s

story is same
>both movies tell story of young orphan,
>who joins rebels
>to fight evil spacenazi
>there is dark clothed evil guy
>who we don't know shit about yet
>and only sequel gonna bring some light on his story
structure, story and so is almost same, it's like writing same meaning with different words you say car, i say automobile. both are same, but look/sound different

>one of the best star wars films
that doesnt means fucking anything in a franchise with 8 movies and only 2 good ones

Thats fair enough. Its the first since empire that is anywhere near being consistantly good.

Season 3 is pretty good

For me the close association to the prequels made it very hard to enjoy it as its own thing.

RO is better and that's not sayin much despite me enjoying it. Ask yourself if TFA is good as a stand alone movie like any of OT or PT because those are perfectly watchable by themselves unlike TFA which is predicated on the idea sequels will explain the shit away they didn't explain in this empty nostalgia bait mess.

I literally had a guy fall asleep in the theater next to me and start snoring because it was so stagnant and just repeating shit from ANH very poorly. At first I was kinda angry because some tard fell asleep in a theater next to me but now I see why, Rey just tries all of the Jedi shit without fail because she's heard rumors about how they did it which could also be a bit about her past as a force sensitive kid involved with Luke's training school because how she knew exactly they did it, then you got your setting being blatant repeats of notTattoine with a droid as a macguffin, their shit version of the cantina scene, and the destruction of the not death Star.

The characterization is garbage of these new characters is retarded too because we're supposed to believe that Finn was raised by the first order then has one combat outing and goes traitor because one of his friends die when he's probably had a bunch of friends die but they wave it away because he's some kind of janitor that has never been around anyone with combat experience or whatever. Poe just disappears entirely after the crash and only comes back to destroy the not death Star. Rey is just a fuckin mess all around and no point in explaining more. Kylo is the only one that's any decent but they revealed his parentage too early which could have had some shock value if revealed later but it would have just been a Vader reveal scene again but the whole nostalgia bait the movie has would have worked in it's favor in this one case.

TFA is watchable but that's just because of visuals and that's it you fucking shill. TLJ isn't looking that interesting so I'm just goin toread
spoil

RotJ, R1, RotS I can understand in any order, but I otherwise I agree. I personally have R1 easily ahead of the Prequels.

If so stay with the CN show, cause the movie it's goddamn awful.

I paid a ticket to see that shit.

We're out of shekels for this year's budget, bud. Repost this at the start of the next financial year and we'll get you squared away

It's funny because it's that the mouse shill tactic when they want to shill nuwars, now ghost yourself fag

>new spin
>a BIGGERER DEATH STAR
>repeat Anakin Skywalker
>orphan raised on desert planet dreaming of a life of adventure
>old wise figure reveals protagonist is a jedi
>old wise figure protagonist is fond of is killed
>rebel base on a fairly forest-y planet
>shoot a tiny hole to blow up death star

the only difference was by the end of A New Hope Luke couldn't jedi mind trick people and didn't hit like expert level in the force in a matter of seconds

Are all of your sentences made up of buzz words. You don't appear to have anything to add to the conversation kid.

I see you ignored most of what I said.

ESB>ANH>ROTS>ROTJ>RO>AOTC>TPM>TFA

TFA didn't do a fucking thing new and that's worse than just being watchable bad. AOTC gets a bad rap imo because the focus on cg but I think Obi Wan's noir story is pretty good and I liked Anakin slaughtering those retards.

I'm kinda wondering if you even watched the film. Because there is a lot wrong in what your saying here.

TFA is fan fiction, nothing more, nothing less

It did plenty new, take another look. Also aotc is just awful.

That is such a bullshit nothing critiscm.

>30 years pass
>nothing heroes of OT achieved mattered shit
>Empire still there, Rebels still there
>Han fucked off to do stupid shit for years, then dies like a fag
>Luke fucked off to do stupid shit for years
>Palpatine 2.0
>Death Star but biggerer and betterer
>ships look exactly the same
>MC is the biggest fucking Mary Sue in the history of cinema

TFA is fucking insulting.

kek

>That is such a bullshit nothing critiscm
Oh pardon me mr intelekshul. I probably need a degree in film-making to criticize a burning pile of trash

Hey moushill, your franchise it's dead
youtube.com/watch?v=4hNAji3lIGE&t=1287s

That's an insult to Palpatine because he's way cooler than Gold Member. I'm just waiting on Sheevposting because
TFA doesn't even have characters worth memeing about

No you don't. That critiscm is just bullshit.

The nitpicking is strong in this thread.

66 replies, only 26 poster, wow the shilling is real and bad

Use of the word shill. Your opinion is no longer valid, thanks for playing.

> I liked it, so everyone else needs to like it to justify my taste.

BREAKING NEWS: Different people like different things.

Wow a shockingly huge average of less than 3 replies per poster.

Liking different things isn't a problem. Making up loads of hypocritical issues is. A vast majority of tfa critiscms can be applied to almost every star wars or plenty of film's that Sup Forums loves. Tfa does have issues just not anywhere near as much as some people try to say.

No user 25 people replied once and one person replied 40 times it's a shill because people can't respond to multiple posts reeeee

People using the word shill. It is just impossible to take you seriously.

>The force awakens is easily the 3rd best star wars film.

It's a remake, so no. I'd comfortably put Return of the Jedi, Revenge of the Sith and Rogue One ahead of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes&t=511s

Anyone who thinks this piece of crap is anything more than a piece of crap should hang themselves

Every Star Wars has flaws but none are this blatant and the reason this movie is so critiqued is because it's the first Disney Star Wars and people were wanting more than this. With George you expected stupid shit after TPM and it started with Ewoks. TFA doesn't have half the heart of ANH and Guinness was right because Star Wars is supposed to be stupid not some serious shit. It's the obsessed fucks that wanted the OT again and now look what we have just some same shit done poorly different day.

So so much of the TFA made no sense at all, starkiller base is a massive freaking planet built by some terroist group but the empire couldn't even build a death machine 1/50 of the size or power of starkiller base the height of their power
ALSO captain phasma just gives in and lowers the shields literally killing so many of her allies, isn't she supposed to be a high ranking official with extreme die hard loyalty to their cause? Movie has so many problems

No, I don't want to buy any death sticks. You want to go home and rethink your life.

She's gonna do a Battlefront II and rebel

Yeah they can't have an evil woman character that would be crazy

I mean they already pulled that with the token Imperial POC with Finn and that Paki in Rogue One

30 years but I guess you could reason that empire had some Nazi gold stockpiled or something. The empire had the backing off the Senate until Palpatine dissolved them in ANH so there stands to reason why they were so prolific but First Order must have kidnapped a lot of scientists like how RO had Galen Erso or just don't worry about it because TFA is shit and doesn't have the underlying political tones of PT and OT where Disney just wants to bash you over the head with SPACE NAZIS.

what a hot take

it's a low bar to clear my plebian friend

Wrong, Battlefront 2 didn't have women it had clones and actually was thought out despite being rendered noncanon by the mind chips.

>It's been said that the 501st got the best of the war. We also got the worst. On Felucia, the Seps dug their metal heels into the muck of that alien hellhole and dared the Republic to come in after them. So we did, only to be met with the month after month of flesh-eating diseases, shrieking nocturnal predators, and other sights that haunt me to this day. Cut off and for all we knew abandoned by our superiors, our only hope was Aayla Secura, our Jedi commander. Without her iron will, none of us would have come out of that mess with our sanity, or our lives. When her death came, I hope it was quick. She earned that much.

>When the 501st was finally rotated out of Felucia, Aayla Secura made a point of seeing us off personally, calling us the bravest soldiers she had ever seen. It's a good thing we were wearing helmets, because none of us could bear to look her in the eye.

Are you threatening me master jedi?

I'm talking about the new one.

Listen up retards
1. ESB
2. R1 (if it isn't in your top four, you're a nostalgiafag)
3. RotS
4. aNH
5. RotJ
6. tFA
7. AotC
8. tPM

>People on the board legit watch Disney Wars and will be creaming about how "fuaken awesome it is, yo!"
Christ, I need to leave.

After that nazi scream when they shot off 3 lasers and auto aimed 3 planets destroying them all I was like this movie is the worst thing I've seen in a long time

That game sucks so fuck off

Those sound as if the only value they have comes from comparing them to the original though.

Not to mention different does not mean better by any means.
The original movies have iconic characters and moments that are timeless and unforgettable.

The prequels donĀ“t have that but at least presented an identity of their own and, albeit full of silly stuff, some memorable fights and whatnot. Even episode 2 is more memorable than RO and TFA if only because of how bad it is.

So far the new ones have no identity of their own. One is an ep IV ripoff and the other one and ep IV prequell based on the Death star architect meme.
None present a single memorable character or moment, just forgettable cool eye candy.

Shit taste.

> Empire strikes back
> Return of the Jedi
> A new hope
> Revenge of the Sith
> Phantom Menace
> Attack of the clones
> The force Awaken
> Rogue one

It's the worst movie in the entire saga by a mile. The fact that there is zero character development ruins everything.

I just want the spoilers because I'm not wasting my time on Star Wars anymore. Who actually wanted a Han movie without Harrison?

I was point out that she rebels and i think Phasma will do the same, you fucktard. I never I liked it.

>zero character development

Literally empirically false.

Okay? It's still shit and who cares about Phasma? They made her just to appeal to Boba Fett fans anyway so it's not like she's meant to do anything important than die.

How deluded are you? How much are they paying you?