The Deer Hunter
2001: A space Oddyssey
Raging Bull

fuck off that was great i cried like a bitch

>cried like a bitch
because you are

underageb&

>this is literal bait

kys. That's one of the best movies of this year.

A slave to woman, a slave to technology, a slave to commerce, Theodore Twombly is a soft sack of shit. The difference between Jonze writing him and someone like Charlie Kaufman writing him is that Kaufman would know just how much of a piece of shit Twombly is; Jonze makes him out to be an emotionally damaged hero waiting to be conquered by love. Adaptation and Being John Malkovich are proof that Jonze is simply no match for the explosiveness of his more devastated peer and former collaborator. Her is overwhelming in its narcissistic pity and entitled idleness. Its simplicity is especially condescending when there are corridors of menacing and horrifying truths about our capitalistic ennui just waiting to be explored, yet are overlooked in favor of weak-handed sentimentality. There exists, however, a few glimpses of raw meat — most notably Rooney Mara as Twombly’s ex-wife: “He wanted to put me on Prozac and now he’s in love with his laptop.” And Olivia Wilde’s very brief cameo as Twombly’s sole IRL date is brutal in its cutting exposure of the man’s emotional vacancy and inability to relate to anything not plugged in. But there are too few moments of goodness to make the film worth sitting through. There’s nothing you’ll see in this film that you can’t find on your own computer, and why pay money to experience the exact same thing as looking at the internet? Is easy emotional satisfaction really worth $15? Of course it is: we’re all sluts for love. Even if that idea of love requires us to sacrifice our autonomy and enslave ourselves to a gadget. At least that’s what Spike Jonze wants to call a romance. I call it a nightmare.

It was a fucking terrible movie. The type of movie some high schooler thinks is 'deep'

Boyhood is the most mediocre film I have ever seen. It is the literal definition of average. It's literally just a melodramatic schlockfest with deeeeeep meaningful insights and a shitty gimmick that took up everybody's time which could be been devoted to making better things.

It's a good summer action flick.

>it's bad because it wasn't edgy enough for me: the post

First Hobbit movie was the only movie I have ever walked out of.

This. Some people walked out of the film because it was boring as shit. I almost fell asleep

Mad Max Fury Road was a good action movie and nothing else. People are treating it like a masterpiece.

Let me guess another (((Hollywood))) movie shitting on Catholicism. Why don't these kikes make a film about mooslims or the chosen people?

People were just surprised to see an old movie franchise be revived and for it to actually be good.

Just by looking at that poster I can tell that that movie is about the subversion of the Catholic faith, mostly likely through promiscuity. How off base am I?

It's weird how there are no documentaries about how fascist israel is, weird right...

Pretty close actually.
What are the best movies of the year so far b4 Oscar season?

Even armond liked Ladybird.

Yeah but its not the main focus. Like the poster, Catholicism is just in the background.

>Written and directed by Greta Gerwig
>Gerwig has been dating writer-director (((Noah Baumbach))) since late 2011.

You're pretty on the money, I'd say.

Sorry if I break your narrative, OP but this is a fucking good movie.

>not a single negative review
How

Baby Driver

Name two (2) better action movies from this decade. I'm waiting.

>DUDE FEMINISM LMAO the movie
It has awesome visuals so the only way of enjoying it was seeing it in 3D IMAX, which I did. I turned my brain off and enjoyed it but once it was over I hated it.
I have no problem with social commentary but when it's used as a replacement to quality, we have a problem.

literally any Netflix original
All 80%+ and objectively awful
Especially 13 Reasons Why, Bill Nye, and Big Mouth

Wow, it's a perfect movie? Ya right. Critics are jokes.

Was it #litty though?

>bullying my gf Saucey

dont fuck with me kid, i'm on the edge today and one little thing said to me or my gf just might make me.... /snap/......

lady bird rocked

t. certified kinologist

Any lewd bits/sexy stuff in Ladybird? Any webm-worthy material?

>% of approval = average rating
What are you? A retard?

TV shows are cheating because TV critics have really low standards.

How did the second get good reviews ?

Never should have doubted Kurosawa.

It was a typical coming of age indie piece of shit with more anti-Catholicism from (((Hollywood))).

>Lady Bird
>not a kino about Lyndon B. Johnson's wife

FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Next time watch the movie.

I'd say The Monster Squad was a bit better than the RT page would have lead me to believe.

Fuck you this is the best pure action movie of all time

Saw this on TV six months ago and was bored out of my mind. The original Mad Max (not Road Warrior) is one of my favourite movies.

How can they possibly have Desolation of Smaug rated higher than An Unexpected Journey (the only somewhat decent movie in that unnecessary trilogy)

The Raid
John Wick

>Rotten Tomatoes
may you one day see the light and join us over at IMDB

why would anyone use this shitty website?

It's an competent action movie. The contrarian backlash is unwarranted.

But that actually was a good movie.

They were selling it as a horror and really should not have done that.

this holy shit

define "action" - for a Mad Max movie, there was a lot of non-action in it

Dredd
Mayhem
Green Room
River
Blue Ruin
Baby Driver
Free Fire

You're going to have to provide some compelling evidence for your outrageous claim

Yes. Absolute abomination.

I was sure it would have a higher % than The Road Warrior, it has one percent less. Too close though.

That's an issue with the marketing, not the movie itself.

I guess you're right, I can't really justify how it was "good", my point was moreso that it was competently made. To me there was no real glaring flaw about it. I enjoyed it, my fiance enjoyed it, every person I've spoken to in real life enjoyed it. And consider that Rotten Tomatoes isn't really a gauge of how good a movie is and more a % of how many reviewers (and audience) enjoyed it, and I don't see how the scores it got could be considered wrong. Now I ask how was it bad, or at least how did it not deserve the ratings it received?

I've got the opposite experience with it. A friend and I watched it and we both thought it was a 5/10.

E;R made a review of it that points out some of the flaws of the movie. But the worst thing about it is how average everything is. Nothing about it is interesting. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would think it warrants more than a "meh".

beat it's theme into the ground (HEY THIS MOVIE IS ABOUT REDEMPTION GUYS DID YOU HEAR ME IT IS ABOUT REDEMPTION). for all its pizzazz i find the road battle in road warrior more interesting and less boring. overblown hollywood turd for sure. fuck fury road.

Based Sershie getting her dues.

>more anti-Catholicism from (((Hollywood))).
You really shouldn't have assumed it would have that, as the trailers give the opposite impression.

Loved when this came out and everyone shat their pants about how good it was. Maddox is such a faggot.

>trusting RT scores

It was soo boring

Its not

Marco Polo was good

Why is he crying there?

he's being hypnotized by the evil white woman

oops, wrote spoiler thingy wrong

It's actually the opposite.

bait

This is the best example of how fucking trash RT is

>I hated fury road, its boring feminist trash! not like my capekino.