How do we stop 'atmospheric' garbage from ruining the horror genre?

How do we stop 'atmospheric' garbage from ruining the horror genre?

bros

Nu horror is better than classic horror. Alien relies on jumpscares while vvitch doesnt.

Horror is all about atmosphere. Monsters and jump scares are for plebs.

No, that's soy-horror.
Horror movies need to be scary

t. nigger
>yo where my spooks at i wants me sum oogaboogas namsayn

go watch paranormal activity 4 or whatever it is you like you troglodyte

Reminder when pressed to name his favorite horror movies, or examples of what he considered true horror, OP finally relented and offered...Child's Play.

Sorry not every movie is going to have a medicine cabinet mirror jump scare you stupid fuck. A horror movie without atmosphere is just intermittent tension with the occasional startle with no lasting impression whatsoever

Never post again you pathetic mental midget

bump for actual answer

No user, you are the soy.

Horror movies stop being scary to a human being after you watch a couple of them when you're really young.

You are a brainlet.

Is this bait? Alien is one of the most atmospheric films I've ever seen.

soy boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy go back to pol

neck yourself

t. Buttmad soyhorror fan.
When will you grow out of shitty drama?

Why is it "shitty" in your opinion? What did it execute or do wrong?

>Horror is all about atmosphere.
No, it's about good atmosphere, trash like Witch and Eyes of My Mother is poorly shot, flat buildup that adds to nothing. Great examples of a director losing control to their cinematographers.

It wasn't scary

How is The Witch poorly shot in your opinion? How is the buildup "flat"?

>poorly shot
You dont even mean that though, you just wanted to level some kind of criticism and thought that sounded cool. You're doing great.

Scary is a pretty subjective term and it's not like a film is rated by how "scary" it is.
It isn't like the director went "hmmm let's make the spoopiest HORROR movie ever!" before making the film, he just wanted to present the narrative on film the best way possible. It's stupid to evaluate films by how many spooks it has user, what if you think of the film as a drama then, what is wrong in the execution of the film?

I think you're more angry at the marketing than the film itself.

Please explain how Child's Play is scary but The Witch isnt.

>i don't like something, therefore i'll append the word "soy" in front of it in an attempt to hide my retarded opinion behind a popular meme

hang in there kid

>this is what butthurt haters actually believe

the color is so fucking drab

horror genre is dead. Atmospheric has temporarily saved the genre

>ruining the horror genre
it can hardly get any fucking worse. horror is so shit we are getting one good movie every 10 years for fucks sake.

You need to realize that no film will every be scary past a certain age.

They call that natural light. Overcast, period specific lack of electricity and accoutrements. Keep trying, slugger.

It would make no sense for the film to be colorful and "pretty" when everything around them is dying off. And you are (falsely) complaining about the color pallete, not how it was shot.

>ruining the get a bunch of underaged chicks drunk off beer you bought from your older brother and then fucking in your mom’s suv near a park at 11 pm genre
idiot

Do you even go outside?

What's the inference here, big guy?

>the color palette has nothing to do with how a film is shot

oh shit you're actually mentally deficient

>flailing this hard

every fucking day
the same fucking thread

Cut the bullshit, OP. Take a minute to explain how this is scarier, because while perhaps inconvenient in hindsight, you said it.

You have a problem with the set design and the set locations (which suit the narrative perfectly) then, you said nothing about the framing and composition or the lighting

Is this a playstation 2 cutscene?

bump wtf

The cut must be deep and vertical user. Not transversal to the wrists, but longitudinal.
Also, stay in warm water while you do that.

Have a nice day.

*SMOKES WEED*
DUDE

YOU GOTTA CHECK THIS OUTTTTT

But both The Conjuring and Don't Breathe are absolutely filled with dumb jumpscares?

i always liked the atmospheric garbage better than the jumpscare shit. one keeps me on edge the whole time while the other is just like standing next to a toaster popping up 2 slices.