Mission: Impossible

So we can all basically agree MI4 >> MI1 >= MI5 >> MI3 >>>>> MI2 right?

no

MI3 > MI1 > MI4 > MI2 > MI5

dumb fucks

MI5 > MI4 > MI > MI2 > MI3

Will MI6 be the best purely because of Henry Cavill's moustache?

1 is by far the best and a genuine masterpiece of filmmaking, ages like fine wine. As a fan of the original show the twist still pisses me off though, but I admire De Palma's balls for not giving a shit about pandering to fans.

2 is amazing action filmmaking but also completely retarded and tone deaf.

3 is an extended episode of Alias, it's clever and tasteful, but lacks maestria in the filmmaking.

4 and 5 have more inspired filmmaking and are a lot of fun but suffer from following the formula and tone of 3 instead of really doing something unique and auteur-driven which had become the trademark of the series. There are no more surprises at this point.

6 being directed by McQ again means it'll be a fun formula film and not take any risks.

MI6 will be even better than MI4.

i didnt like 5 much, felt pretty weak

4 and 1 are kino. 2 and 3 are acceptable shlock

i can agree 4 and 5 are better than bond

M1 will always be the best because it wasn't a vessel for tom cruise stunts

MI5>MI4>MI1>MI3>MI2

I REALLY dislike the comedy relief goof on his team. It makes me hate the later films and hope for them all to die.

2 is pure kino

This. It's the weakest because of Tom's obvious homosexuality, but the villain was the best.

MI-2 is my mother's by far favorite and I'll never know why. I like 4 and 5 the most.

MI2 is the best one by a far margin. The blend of Chinese hyper-stylized action with the usual Hollywood melodrama makes it one of the best action films of all time.

Like another user said, the new guy is too safe. Good films with some good action here and there but ultimately predictable.

1 > 4=5 > 3 > 2

1>4>5>3>2

Brian De Palma is the only real filmmaker to touch these movies

the first two movies are terrible

this is the objective rating
3>5>4>1>2

/thread
close this thread now
/thread
sage

The mustache brings in clout via millions of dollars of CGI so yes I believe that adds to the inherent value of MI6 unquestionably.

>le mi2 is bad meme
it's the only movie where the IMF/Government is not the villian/chasing ethan and it's the only movie where ethan is on the mission.
no, seriously. every other movie is ethan hunt chasing the villian while running from the IMF/Government. Like they seriously can't think of other plot than this.

2 is the best end of story.

Stick 2 at the end and I don't really care how you rank MI1 and MI3 and we're golden.