I see this pushed around as some good moral but I see it as admitting defeat

I see this pushed around as some good moral but I see it as admitting defeat.

Why not let Arnold save the man?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1vrEljMfXYo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You can't always succeed. Maybe that was the moral.

That's not a good moral to each children.

Actually, it is. They should know there's always the possibility of failure, they should know early how to deal with it.

Social seclusion isn't healthy and it's bad to teach that as a choice for children to take.

They should teach kids how to pick out whiny losers like you out and how to "deal" with you. Sup Forums and the world would definitely benefit from that.

because it's a critique on society and the negative aspects of humanity which allow negative behavior to flourish by not changing its economic system that thrives on exploitation and needless competition

>I am 16: The Post

Sup Forumsmblr everyone!

Sup Forums everyone!

Sometimes you can't save the man. Sometimes the man doesn't want to be saved. Sometimes the man doesn't need to be saved. Take your pick of the moral. It was a bit of realism.

I wish Sup Forumsmblr would gas itself

Have you ever considered to psychology and sociology have inherently biased perspectives towards human interaction?

Think for a moment about the kind of people that take up those fields. Of course they're going to regard seclusion as a mental disorder, because those are the people that don't seek help to begin with. Therefore, reclusiveness is one of the rarer "diseases" that they investigate.

Save the psychobabble for people that are actually a detriment to society rather than those who are content to mind their own business.

>n-no u

Great comeback, I understand why you can't comprehend losing.

Because life ain't a cartoon. You don't resolve shit in 11 minutes and then life's peachy keen. Sometimes you just don't succeed, at anything, and then you spend your night listening to old country songs while posting on Sup Forums.

Psychology, as a general rule, doesn't regard introversion as a disorder. It's perfectly fine to want to spend some time away from other people. However, what pigeon man had going on was far more serious. He didn't interact with anyone which is absolutely something that bears some investigation.

That said, the moral of the episode that not everyone is meant to be with others and you can't save everyone is a totally valid and important one to have. Society does have a tendency to reject people like Pigeon Man and just knowing that this is a reality is important for people to recognize so they could work on it.

What an absolutely abhorrent post, Trying so hard to fit in by using buzzwords without even understanding it, typical of underage newfags.

>Trying so hard to fit in by using buzzwords without even understanding it
>typical of underage newfags.

>in the show he flies away into the sunset
>hidden undertone is that he kills himself, only talked about 20 years later by adults online
The "message" in the show is that he literally didn't understand people in the world around him, with all their hate and anger towards things they didn't understand.

He only understood his pigeons and he decided to leave for a place where he could just be with them

Its basically the opposite of normies get out. Its "Fucking normies I'm leaving"

>uses ad hominem
>B-BUT YOU CANT USE IT BACK

>B-BUT YOU CANT USE IT BACK

No no you can and you should, it makes my point all the more evident.

It's a tragedy not a moral you stupid fucks. T It was a tragic end to a homeless man's life in a poor part of town, he probably just jumped and hit the pavement.

It was to tell kids and Arnold to appreciate his friends cause his life was shit you stupid fucks

>you fags can't agree on the moral 20 years later

What point, that faggots use buzzwords no matter what side of the political fence they are on?

>and then you spend your night listening to old country songs while posting on Sup Forums
user... can I listen with you?

youtube.com/watch?v=1vrEljMfXYo

The moral was to give people a fucking chance. Don't judge them base on first impression.

it's not teaching that, it's showing it by example

the lesson the kid takes away is whatever they make of it; if they're only capable of seeing it as instructions for a possible outcome for their own life, then their parents/teachers/other are shitty idiots and the kids themselves are fairly dim

teaching morality is bad

teaching ethics is good

linear systems which rely on unrealistic manichaeisms to produce a result are simply producing a result, not the 'correct', or more beneficial result; it's like teaching someone multiplication tables and expecting them to be able to cope with algebra

B-but that's an absolute...

Yeah, the jedi think in absolutes all the time. "Do or do not, there is no try"

It's not a moral, it's just a fact of life.

Maybe Shia leboof didn't get that moral.

Man, I don't into Sup Forums so what I get is what I see leaking out but learning about and reading up on the whole HWNDU shitstorm is goddamn magical.

It isn't better to lie to them.

>implying the Jedi aren't the badguys

>implying the force doesn't make everyone a slave to it's power regardless of sides.

>Implying I don't have the high ground.

Are you a woman?

Sometimes social seclusion IS the best thing for someone. There is a difference between seclusion and locking someone away.

A friend of mine is bipolar as fuck. Every few months he would go into another cycle and basically self destruct, getting himself fired from whatever job he had managed to scrape together and likely getting in trouble with the law.

These days he lives up on a mountain in Colorado with a dog, growing dope for the state. He only goes into town a couple times a month to buy supplies. He hasn't gotten himself arrested in 3 years, which is fucking amazing for him. But the secret to that success is he has isolated himself so when get gets in a manic mood he doesn't have anyone around him to get into a fight with or egg him on into doing something stupid.

He is honestly doing better now that I ever would have thought possible just a few years ago.

Not everyone gets a happy ending . He's different from normies and he's okay with that. He just wants to be left alone

Save him how? Arnold is a fucking kid, what will he have at his disposal to help a guy that has been for the last 40+ years a total social pariah?

fucking this. Failure needs to be seen as a common thing, they need to see that life moves on when you lose. This lack of a lesson is killing generations and making them shut ins all fearing the same thing: that if they fail even once they are some piece of shit.

Yeah, they should teach kids that the world is rainbows, you're special, and you will always be a winner. It'll contribute perfectly to millennial entitlement.

It is a good moral, especially when dealing with people.

you can try to change someone, but in the end these people usually don't give a shit about what you think and will end up doing the shit they want to do, even if it's something like suicide.

you can't always fix people's problems, and that episode was all about it. How many time have you tried to help someone, but it's didn't help them out at all, user?

>it's better to hang out with retards on their level than to be smart on your own
SJW faggot detected

Have you watched the episode, user?

The whole point is to teach kids that you can't always change people.

You can't always get what you want in life, user.

it's like pottery

You know who would say that? A SITH!

People like you are exactly the reason why we're currently living in a generation of overgrown children who are convinced that the world owes them something because they exist in it.

"Work hard"? "Keep trying"? Nice.

"You can never fail"? Not nice at all.

A little modification of a common saying:
Try your best, be prepared for the worst.