I decided to rewatch all of Samurai Jack from the beginning...

I decided to rewatch all of Samurai Jack from the beginning. Is it wrong that the first thing I thought on Episode 1 was "if this was made today, would people complain about cultural appropriation and Africans all being completely black?"

user, I'm not even sure Samurai Jack would get greenlit in today's world.

yes
but what's even more wrong is that after you had that thought, the first thing you thought was, "man this event is interesting and important enough to make a thread about on Sup Forums I better go tell everyone"

just watch the fucking show

how about that they have a black man play a japanese man

>"if this was made today, would people complain about cultural appropriation and Africans all being completely black?"

Yes. Autism is spread tight trough america.

I always found SamJack to be boring as fuck
tried to rewatch it and its still boring exotic shit

sorry dudes, its just not my thing, objectively it looks very interesting, but its also terribly boring thanks to the awkward pacing, is it a meme to say its great? is it just nostalgia?

season 1 is definitely the weakest season (with some standouts)

Hmm, idk, I watched 2 random episodes last night for the first time in years, and I thought they were incredible. I think they were two of the best episodes though. It was the episode with the archer tower, and the first one with the Scottsman and the bridge.

No, you literally just have shit taste. Sad, but true.

how about that they have a japanese man play a black semen demon

what is the strongest season? or should I just ignore specific episodes? some of them feel like such a chore to watch

I vaguely remember the archer one, is there a favorites list or something?

lol ok

It gets way better after the first few episodes.

If you think the pacing is awkward just stop now, sorry you don't like good animation buddy

> It was the episode with the archer tower, and the first one with the Scottsman and the bridge.
both those episodes have the exact same writer/board team (Mark Andrews and Bryan Andrews)

Different strokes for different folks.

At least you only said it was boring and not jumping straight to it being shit.

It's kinda boring, but it's artsy so most people can look past it. Not everything can be for everyone.

makes sense. Both followed a similar structure. No dialogue for the first third of the episode, introduce conflict, then a third for resolution. But while simple, it was just really well done.

Forget about politics. Lifes too short. Cartoons are for joy and heartfelt moments

I do love secret of kells and thief & the cobbler though, but the difference there is while they don't have outrageously edgy themes they have god tier storytelling

most definitely, I wholeheaterdly admit its an opinion, but a lot of people put in a pedestal and its like
seriously?

Considering how people flipped their shit at how Genndy portrayed people in his Cage! book over at Marvel. I'd say yes.

You just have shit taste,
Steven universe is more your speed

>steven universe
>speed
sure, when season 28 comes by

it seems they want to contend with kh3 on the slowest pacing for lore in a fictional series ever

>He said while posting a Sherlock gif.

the animation was lazy in the first episode but I figure it was a pilot so it gets a pass

>can't into contextual irony

>steven universe is the opposite of samurai jack
this is like the 5th time I've seen someone make this comparison tonight

You're not wrong. Aside from a few select episodes, the show is really boring since Jack is alone most of the time. Art style is nice, but the fact that the show is episodic renders most episodes to be pointless. Pretty much every episode that mentions some way of getting Jack back to the past ends the same with him failing.

This
>what do you mean the action hero isn't a girl!?
>does he at least have a sassy action girl sidekick?
>I don't know, isn't an Asian samurai a bit of a stereotype?
>we've brought in a team of feminist intellectuals to make sure that every episode is written with respect to these cultures

>series gets revived
>tons of hype surrounding it
>WOW IF THIS SHOW WAS MADE TODAY THOSE DARN SJWS WOULD BE COMPLAINING SO MUCH ABOUT IT

I dont understand. The show IS being made today. Its happening right the fuck now.

No not all all, SJWS really fucked over entertainment.

Seems you just prefer vocal storytelling over visual storytelling.

Different strokes for different folks, as they say.

It's just a voice. Lamarr's even played white guys before, you gonna complain about that?

>Africans all being completely black?
They'd complain even more if they made some of the Africans white, no?

>Is it wrong that the first thing I thought on Episode 1 was "if this was made today, would people complain about cultural appropriation and Africans all being completely black?"

I think that's a pretty valid concern.

>what is the strongest season?
Season 3.

>samurai jack gets made today
>it'd be nothing but wacky meme's and LOLRANDUMxD humor

thank god

>It's just a voice.... you gonna complain about that?

You underestimate how easily "offended" people are by shit. They'll complain about anything. Remember that time a bunch of Steven Universe fans threatened a fanartist for not drawing characters as fat as they were on the show? Remember how, instead of calming down and realizing what faggots they were being, they turned on the show's creators for telling them that threatening people with death over fan art is stupid?

Dude, "samurai jack gets made today" is not a hypothetical scenario. It is happening.

We really need another major war to make people realise what's important.

>what do you mean the action hero isn't a girl!?
There are no action heroes in cartoons now, period. Action cartoons are dead.

Poor Lulu

if you don't like it by ep XI (the scotsman) something is seriously wrong with you

that being said there are weak episodes here and there, and genndy has a tendency to drag things out. but it has stood the test of time as a solid series. there's a reason so many people were anticipating a conclusion to the story.

>muh visual storytelling
Yet the most kino episodes are usualky those which give Jack someone else to interact with. Really gets the neurons sparking don't it?

Yes, it means that you need to get off your computer and go outside.

I watched the whole series on my living room TV a few years ago and after a catching a few glimpses my dad started watching it with me.
To some people it really is captivating.

Sweet thing

pretty much. they also hate kubo and called it yellowface.

except cultural appropriation isn't real

They mean "if this series was trying to start today at square one" as in if the creator walked into a studio and pitched this today.

are you autistic or do you always take things literally?

How do you let a handful of loud teenagers on tumblr get to you so much?

This.
People aren't self aware of how multicultural they really are. Everything from art to music to science to EVERYTHING; many different cultures have put their fingers in it. It is impossible to not "appropriate" stuff.

Yes and no
I feel stuff flys under the radar all the time it's just a question of what it does when it's popular. Much like how groups are picking apart the new season. It's becuase the name holds weight now. Nobady cared when it first aired.

More so in American culture. It's immigrants all under one roof. We use to take pride in how we shared our diversities in the 60s and 70s. Now we are in this weird shame game of demanding we stand by our own culture but not so much to be a stereotype.

Thank you for stating your worthless opinion that no one asked for or cares in any conceivable way.

Jack is a Japanese character voiced by a black dude, who's 'appropriating' what?

Honestly, I can see why people dislike it because of the pacing can be pretty sluggish at times.

I respect your opinion, but I still think the show is pretty top tier as far as action cartoons go.

The episode with the assassins was the worst about this. If that was made today people would be throwing a bitch fit about the Siamese cats.

>post has sixteen replies
>"no one cares!"

lmao

Action cartoons themselve are problematic because they teach you kids that you are allowed to fight in certain circumstances.

>X-9 was created while Aku was still in the process of taking over
>great passage of time is shown as X-9 plays for Lulu, a modern-ish earthly city with wheeled automobiles becoming an Aku-tinted cyberpunk metropolis full of hovercars
>meanwhile this random malformed pug lives on and on and on
Lulu was secretly robots the whole time

I'm sorry user but your opinion has no value.

why is that?

The fact that you're getting preemptively outraged over hypothetical children on tumblr instead enjoying the damn show is concerning, yes.

They wouldn't even bother rebooting it if the industry actually was taken over by SJW

Do we need to have another Dashcon to remind the anons here that SJW are too incompetent to really have a foot hold on anything, even for too long

This earth's time line is one of the worst.