DuckTales 2017

Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=0-LNgU4e1rE

Promo: youtube.com/watch?v=hj37D64hWQc

Co-Producer/Story Editor's Tumblr in where he confirms and talks about stuff: suspendersofdisbelief.tumblr.com/

Also Disney comics in general I quess.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/DuckTales-Complete-Collection-DVD-Episodes/dp/B014C20UU6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When is the first episode?

Think Pete will be a villain so some arc in the show. Before giving up to go sell used cars.

Tennant still sounds weird as scrooge.

Donald better be as irritable as ever, his temper is what makes many of his interactions great.

i'll watch the inevitable darkwing cameo

>Also Disney comics in general I quess.

Okay.

I'm gonna always imagine Snotlout's dad whenever I hear that voice.

>they kept the theme song
>not CalArts style
>no ridiculous redesigns
>all the characters are back
Guys...Could this be good? Because it looks like it could be really good.

Did you watch the actual trailer? The animation looks stilted as fuck. They didn't even bother giving a reboot of one of the most beloved children's cartoons of all time a proper budget.

It's a different style. I can clearly see and understand what characters are doing. I like the VAs. It's a cartoon made after 2010. Which ones don't look stilted that don't belong on Sup Forums? In terms of everything that could have gone wrong, they got a lot right, and what they got wrong, everyone gets wrong. If they are going to do it, I'd rather they do it as good as they can than have them do it and do it as wrong as something like Loonatics.

>WHY WASN’T HE NAMED ROCKERFEATHER?!?!?!?!?!?
Yes, why actually

> It's a cartoon made after 2010. Which ones don't look stilted that don't belong on Sup Forums?

Gravity Falls animation looked better than this. A new IP from some no-name hack. Yet fucking DuckTales of all things can't look like it wasn't made by an internet flash animator.

Do you know what one of the goals of the original DuckTales was?
>"The show was the most successful of Disney's early attempts to create high-quality animation for a TV animated series (earlier shows included The Wuzzles and Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears in 1985).[7] Disney invested a far greater amount of money into the TV series than had previously been spent on animated shows of the time."

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. "Guys slap this shit together in toonboom so we can profit off nostalgiafags lmao"

>Gravity Falls animation looked better than this
Never watched it admittedly yet the animation style was dogshit. I'll take stilted animation to get everything else right than Gravity Falls tier animation fluidity and have generic looking character design. I'm sorry you don't like what they showed, but I think while imperfect, it looks fantastic. The funny thing is, I could take your argument back 25 years ago and despite everything you just said DuckTales was as well as what was spent on it, you would be saying it was shit because it wasn't as good as Fleischer's Superman. Drop the purity test for fucks sake and look at the majority right over the minority wrong. As long as the greedy fucks who run the animation department or /toy/ manufacturers care more about the bottom dollar than the quality of the final product, things are never going to be as good as they were when we were kids, but I'll take something that comes closer than 90% of the schlock that gets tossed out that doesn't even look like they tried, which despite your saying this doesn't, to me does.

user, let me tell you a little mantra I've picked up over all my years: 'Good enough' isn't good enough.

Just because it looks less shit than Johnny Test doesn't make it good. I'm sorry you're so starved that you'll eat anything with a smile on your face, but you need to understand something. DuckTales is literally a legendary property. If they couldn't be bothered to try to live up to a show that came 30 years ago, they shouldn't have bothered.

It's obvious why they decided to do this, and I feel sorry for you because you don't care.

>DuckTales is literally a legendary property.

And it's still significantly below the comics, so by your reasoning of:

>'Good enough' isn't good enough.

Ducktales isn't good enough.

Are you retarded?

And this reboot is more closely related to the comics, so by YOUR reasoning of MY reasoning..

Will she show up in the new series?

Woowoo!

>And this reboot is more closely related to the comics
Pphhh. Yeah, I loved the issues of Uncle Scrooge that had Launchpad and Webbigail in them. Close to the comics he says! Ha! Better luck next post, kiddo.

>If they couldn't be bothered to try to live up to a show that came 30 years ago, they shouldn't have bothered.
Did you try telling them this? Please. Tell me about all the phone calls you made. Tell me about all the letters you wrote. Tell me about how you begged your dad who works at Disney not to make a remake unless it wasn't 100% a remake of Duck Tales as you remember it?
Let me let you in on a couple of little secrets I learned over the years. Perfection and 100% don't happen unless you are Steve Jobs, own the fucking company and send people home sobbing because of how pissed you are at them when they don't give you what you want.
Also, the companies don't give a flying fuck what you, the nostalgia blinded former target audience wants from a remake. Even if you had begged Disney to not make a remake, they would not have given a flying fuck what you think, because you are not the target audience of the Disney XD channel. Want a remake of what you got 25 years ago? Here. I'm a no-name hack and I just threw one together for you.
amazon.com/DuckTales-Complete-Collection-DVD-Episodes/dp/B014C20UU6
If they were going to remake it, it was going to be different. There is no escaping it. Now you can live your life disappointed 100% of the time when you never get 100% of what you want, or you can learn to realize that good enough is tolerable, because I will always take a reboot of the top when it looks more like the right than the left.
As for why it is obvious why they did this, you are 100% correct. Because the property was big then, and can still be big for kids now, and a few nostolgic adults with hurts feelings over a remake not being a direct copy of their cherished version of the IP doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things compared to a new generation of children who will enjoy it the way you and I did to whom they can market products and toys to.

>If they were going to remake it, it was going to be different. There is no escaping it. Now you can live your life disappointed 100% of the time when you never get 100% of what you want, or you can learn to realize that good enough is tolerable, because I will always take a reboot of the top when it looks more like the right than the left.

They couldnt have gotten a person with a more convincing accent for scrooge?

Is this the new hot meme?

Lol. No user, All Scott's have to be unintelligible and sound like they've spent the last week sleeping under the counter at their favorite pub. If I understand what they are saying, it isn't that the memes are wrong. It can only mean it is a non-Scott doing a shit Scottish accent.
/sarcasm.

wow the new inside out looks great

I'm pretty excited for this because I love the comics but actually didn't give a shit about the original ducktales even as a kid.

It bugged me that Donald wasn't around and things were too cutesy, at least in my memory.

Does anyone have torrents for the original ducktales comics/darkwing duck comics

Loonatics wasn't a remake tho

Only because they didn't think the originals would work within the Kids WB line up. It was still meant to be a leveraging of the Looney Tunes IPs within a new show for a new audience.

There's always the one autist who compares every remake to Loonatics.

Just go watch repeats of the old show if you're so offended by the new one, user. Because what you want is something identical to what they made in '87, and THAT ALREADY EXISTS.

You do realize that Scrooge's new VA is an actual Scotsman, while he original VA wasn't, right?

It was more a reimagining than a remake

You know, kinda like Duck Dodgers and The Looney Tunes Show

>if you're so offended by the new one, user.
Are you kidding me? I'm the one who was getting push back for liking the new one. I just forgot to include that picture in my comment so I was linking to it. I was comparing it to Loonatics using it as an example of a bad remake. Personally, I think the new DT looks great.

I don't really dig the voices for the kids, though I do find it cute that Webby is a huge fan of Scrooge and Donald.

I know there's no replacement for Alan Young, but David Tennant is OK enough for me.

The animation reminds me of the online Mickey shorts which excite and wory me. I can only hope that the show can pull off serious moments. I hope the show HAS some serious moment. To be completely honest, as long as Scrooge is a badass like in the comics and original cartoon I'm set.

>The animation reminds me of the online Mickey shorts

Exactly my thoughts. It seems they've been using the same sort of techniques, but I think those had more fluid movement.

They butchered the fucking theme song,

I could have forgiven anything but that

It's the same animation studio.