Can we agree that the Matrix movies aged like milk in the desert, but the Animatrix was actually pretty boss?

Can we agree that the Matrix movies aged like milk in the desert, but the Animatrix was actually pretty boss?

Hell yeah my nigga.

1st Matrix movie is still great though.

And only several of the animatrix shorts were good, one of those obviously being the Second Renaissance.

Yes. At the time I just thought it was ok, but with hindsight it's remarkable they got so many talented directors involved. 3 of the segments are shit though.

Also what does this have to do with Sup Forums.

First movie is okay, at the very least for nostalgia's sake.

I didn't like World Record's art style, at all.

Fuck off, first movie is still great. And the Animatrix is a mixed bag at best. Some shorts are great but others are trash.

>Also what does this have to do with Sup Forums.

It's all anime except the terrible segment by the Aeon Flux guy.

2 and 3 were never anything other than empty special effects action set in a vaguely interesting world which they rarely made use of. They might have attracted a Hollywood weekend blockbuster draw and the infatuation of dorky teens, but they were largely critically panned on release.

So are most of the cartoons from the 90's, but they're still Sup Forums because of the Western writing/production team.

The Matrix movies didn't "age poorly," the first is still good and everyone knew the sequels were shit from day one

you used quotation marks and didn't even correctly quote OP

the text is right there

Guys, I loved the Matrix, too, but just try watching it after 2002.

It's a nice piece of 1999 nostalgia, but it's the definition of "aged poorly."

>everyone knew the sequels were shit from day one
Reloaded was pretty well-received when it first came out.

I watched it last week. It still holds up.

I watched last year and it was goddamn fine. I bet you think Die Hard has aged poorly too.

I don't think the Matrix aged poorly. I get that it's of its time but that adds to it's entertainment value. It kickstarted a lot of cinematic trends.

Reloaded was actually good and I don't really get the hate for it.

Revolutions was just silly though.

the matrix itself is a piece of hollywood history, transferring asian style "gun-fu" into the american consciousness.

I don't know how you viewed it in 1999, but I watched it last year and it's still the 8/10 style-over-substance Sci-Fi that I remember.

>Reloaded was pretty well-received when it first came out.
No it wasn't.

The matrix as a series was never that great
Matrix was pretty good, probably 7/10
The sequels were worse.
I liked the car chase and dragon ball z fight between Smith and neo

Love animatrix.
Still love Matrix 1

Matrix 2 & 3 suck (especially 3)
But it still has a few good small moments, especially if you know it's dumb and you're just there for the action scenes.
I like the Smith mob fight in 2 and think it's the best fight scene of the 3 movies.

I really liked World Record's story.