What are your thoughts on the Star Wars franchise right now?

What are your thoughts on the Star Wars franchise right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=anck-AqrZ24
youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg
youtube.com/watch?v=Q6WwRiKn2NI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Honestly, I thought that was the best end for her.

Rebels is bad but has good moments, the 2017 Darth Vader comic is absolutely fantastic, and that's all I have to say

let it die in piece. it´s like simpsons or lotr.

The new fan base is making it cancer. The original trilogy is great, I still like the prequels, and the new ones are meh. Rogue One was alright, The Force Awakens was passable. I'm just tired of fucking hearing about it. I've never watched any of the cartoons or read the comics and have no interest in them. The only EU books I liked were the Rogue Squadron books, Thrawn and Death Troopers. Shadows of the Empire and KOTOR are the best games, the new Battlefront looks gay.

Pretty much I don't care if they make another Star Wars movie ever again, but I'm not angry that they are.

I don't like any of the new Disney stuff.

>let it die in peace
>like the simpsons

This was a genuinely good moment.
Pity the Darth Vader comic nearly got ruined by that Donut Steele Doctor and her two HK knock offs.

>I still like the prequels

>Shadows of the Empire and KOTOR
>Not Dark Forces
The plebbest of plebbery.

nicely put

what is it about? context of your image?

george said it best: he sold it to white slavers. we're now going to be subject for the next several decades of an onslaught of safe, low-effort, common denominator, always-scores-well-in-all-focus-groups trash content. every character will get their own trilogy of origin stories penned by some stupid cunt that will always interleave modern politics bullshit into the narrative.

it's just over, i feel nothing. i'm legitimately sad as we get closer to the release date for the last jedi, as the disney content marketing team will roll through here claiming it as the greatest thing ever. just end it for me.

I liked Republic Commando, but I never liked the movies.

No, that's the 2015 one, which is ok at best. The new new one is where it's at

More corporate now than creative. Twisted and evil.

So what? They're not perfect but I still find enjoyment watching them.

Never played it, I'll check it out and maybe change my opinion.

The whole thing could be cancelled tomorrow and I wouldn't give a toss.

t. grown-up

fuck, didn't know there was a new one.
On the subject, the KOTOR comic still has to be topped IMO. It's the exact way EU should be done in any medium

Inside Vader's mind while he meditates

what? simpsons are ruined, Hobbit was shit and the new amazon show won´t do it a favor. so start using your head. what is the difference? just rape the material some more.

The Original Hexalogy is great

TFA was fantastic

Rogue one was boring

Nu-EU is just as trash as the old one

>is literally just south park memberberries with the passing of the torch to a marysue and diversity mandated retard
> even the new R2D2, BB8 is a fucking beta shit robot
>the absolute state of star wars

>die in peace
>Simpsons

Milked to the last drop.

I wish nuStar Wars wasn't real

>fantastic

>TFA was fantastic
anime_girl_question_mark.png

>TFA was fantastic

>the absolute STATE of Sup Forums prequelbabby contrarians

Nice try, mouse. They were shit too

Clone Wars was a good ending for me. Both Aksoka walking away from the order and bringing everything full circle with Yoda discovering Dagobah and the process of how to force ghost.

The best parts of Rebels are borrowed from The Clone Wars anyways, like Ahsoka facing Vader and Maul seeking out Obi-Wan.

Thinking The Clone Wars may be the only good part of it after the orig trilog.

Sup Forums is an innocent wonderland

>TFA was fantastic

The last okay Star Wars movie came out 34 years ago.

I'm really scared they will fuck up Luke

I stopped caring.
Used to be fascinated with prequels and Jedi Knight 2 games, tho.

> Trying to block with the one part of your weapon that can get cut through.

While i like this sort of fight a million times more than the choreographed ballet saber fighting has turned into, that's fucking dumb.

Is that actually Maul or some like, impetuous irrational Maul Clone? Because then i'd buy it.

It wasn't a block, m8.
it was poetry

why did ani still sound like a kid here, isn't this supposed to be only a year off from the original trilogy?

Only good part of Rebels is Thrawn.

I assume getting Peeved by Sheev fucked his voice up, too

The video games and movies are meh, but I really dig the Darth Vader comics, thanks for the user who told us about the 2017 one.

>TFA was fantastic

How the hell did obi wan do that without cutting maul in half?

Its at the Simpsons Season 20 stage right now.

Critics are being silenced because SJWs are shielding it so even the joy of making fun of it is gone at least the prequels had that going for it.

Looking forward to seeing episode 8. I don't follow SW anymore, but with all the stuff coming out, it makes me wish I was 9 again and completely in love with all this stuff.

>have a problem with someone liking the prequels
>doesn't say anything about liking TFA
Neck yourself.

Because it's a kids show.

>hating a shit movie must mean you're a prequelfag
The absolute state of TFAshits.

The Star Wars Cinematic Universe? Simply amazing! I can't wait for the action and excitement of The Last Jedi! Plus, Porgs..

I dropped it not too long and I am genuinely happier. The longer you manchildren hold on to the carcass that is Star Wars, the more it'll hurt. The magic is long gone, just move on already faggots.

Idk but everytime I make fun of the shit Rey character in the YouTube comments, I get brigaded by Triggered Star Tards.

The only Disney Star Wars thing I've enjoyed is the Marvel comics, especially the Darth Vader series. Otherwise I've been sticking with old EU stuff. I still see the movies with friends, but I might just wait for The Last Jedi to leak online. The last two films were disappointing.

>YouTube comments

Embarrassing.

>Rogue One was alright
>Death Troopers

Aphra was one of the best parts of Gillen's run on Vader.

now thats pottery

Normie Fad therefore has a limited heyday before it expires.

I've completely stopped caring and will not watch it again

He was trying to do the same move he killed Qui Gon with

RotJ had only 2 good parts, the rest of the movie is fucking awful

The Clone Wars was truly kino
youtube.com/watch?v=anck-AqrZ24

It was a good place for it to end but I'll still never forgive Disney for cancelling it. There were some great stories they still wanted to tell.

Why the fuck was The Clone Wars so god tier?
This entire fight holy shit
youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg

by using the power of POTTERY

Because it was animated it was able to get that perfect balance between complex choreography and still looking like they're actually trying to kill each other. They were also able to incorporate the force into the fights pretty seamlessly

Not only that, they also animated battles perfectly.
Umbara especially comes to mind when I think of iconic Clone Wars battles.
youtube.com/watch?v=Q6WwRiKn2NI

Death Troopers was a cool addition. There's a (unfair) focus on SOF in modern militaries, and Death Troopers are obviously a modern take on an SOF branch in the Imperial Navy.

Too bad they were as useless as regular stormtroopers.

To be fair, the tide does turn once they were retasked from their bodyguard duties on Scarif.

In Rebels they were useless.

dark shadow troopers copy

Yah Disney Star Wars is trying too much to be fun and is too much like all capeshit, let Star Wars be star wars

>TFA was fantastic

>TFA was fantastic

>In Rebels they were useless.

The entire Empire is useless in Rebels. They ruined even Thrawn.

>TFA was fantastic

It's like original Doom but every other word is Star Wars.

After TFA and Rogue One I'm tired of it.

Doesn't help that EA has a stranglehold on the games as well. I do not give a fuck anymore. Won't see anymore of them or care about the franchise either until they start releasing them further apart and making them into more than fan service shit (i.e. never) I'll also never play their games again until they allow other companies to develop them (i.e. never).

"TFA was fantastic" - Sup Forums

As someone else said, the white slavers label describes it perfectly. It's a shitshow given to us by corporates with no shred of soul or passion into it. And I want to strangle anyone over the age of 6 that unironically likes these fucking things.

Thrawn won in season 3 though.

Utter shit. Movies - complete garbage, games - UBER garbage, EU - sjw nonsense. It doesn't natter how much you didn't like the prequels, but 2000's were star wars golden era. Games - every single one is goat: Jedi knight series, Kotor, battlefront, galaxies, empire at war, tie fighter, rogue squadron. Great books: thrawn trilogy, Darth bane trilogy, Darth plagues book, and lots more. Goat The Clone Wars animated series.
What now? Now we have nothing. Fucking nothing. Thanks to niggers like Mike Stoklasa
> reeeeee I hate prequels I want my star wars to be quippy and about family reeeeeee
Eat shit and die faggots. Star Wars is more a corporate slut now than it ever was, without any bit of creativity.

I think it's better now than it was pre-disney. The EU stuff was never really canon anyway and actually taking care what they include in canon makes a better overall product. Most of the EU was absolutely fucking retarded fanfic tier trash.

I sincerely hope anyone who watches star wars will get eye cancer and die a painful death.

Clone Wars is still canon, they even include or mention characters in the new stuff. Rogue One has a Clone Wars original character, Hera is mentioned over the intercom, etc

But it doesn't mean anything. The Rebels just moved their base to Yavin. No one important died. Practically everyone escaped

Yeah that is a problem in Rebels where it's super kiddified compared to Clone Wars. It has a few good moments but overall it's a big step down. At least Hera is cool I guess.

So what? The thing is they will not ever create anything like it anymore.

Don't be such a nostalgiafag. Even if they do make something better your bias wont let you enjoy it.

pic related

Kanan and Hera are the only original characters I can stand

Yeah Kanan is cool too, I like that he's kind of like Kyle Katarn if Kyle Katarn wasn't a mary sue video game protagonist.

Notify me when it happens. What we have now is shitty sequel trilogy, shitty rebels, shitty han solo spin off movie, shitty games, sjw feminazi books and everything in general. Let me now when something worthy under star wars label is released in next 10 years.

>sjw feminazi books
Oh you're one of those.

damn right

Fanservice doesn't save it from being unimaginative crap.

This franchise should've been put to sleep 10 years ago.