Ends up a crabby senile old man, his race nearly extinct, his friends gone, and his dream dead

>Ends up a crabby senile old man, his race nearly extinct, his friends gone, and his dream dead

mutants aren't really a race, but whatever

Like, being Asian isn't something you can "turn off." You can't do something to an Asian couple that'll make their babies be born something other than Asian, short of some Batman Beyond-esque "We replaced your semen using nanomachines."

And if the stuff about homosexuality not being genetic is true, then that metaphor doesn't work either. Marvel needs to ease off on the specificity of the mutant metaphor.

Film X-Men were never really superheroes anyway. All they ever did was protect mutant kind's ass after the first X-Men movie.

His dream did not die. Did you even watch the same movie?

muties were a mistake

Yeah but that was more a director thing. man it was nice having at least one movie where the x-men cared about humans.

>and his dream dead
But it didn't die. It was reborn

It was a foolish, childish dream anyway.

Isn't "Charles idea is idealistic and good, but Magneto is mostly proven right" the thing many stories boil down to?

>Magneto is mostly proven right.
>LOOK CHARLES, I JUST MURDERED A SHITLOAD OF HUMANS AND NOW THEY'RE TRYING TO KILL ME! LOOK AT HOW RIGHT I AM! YOUR WAY DOESN'T WORK! CHARLES! I'M GOING TO DESTROY THE MAGNETIC POLES!

Jej

x-men in a nutshell.
that's why I love them, they remind me of my pitiful life

It's just as often
>LOOK CHARLES! I DID AS YOU SAID AND STAYED AT HOME SCRATCHING MY BALLS AND DONATING TO CHARITY AND THE HUMANS STILL SHOWED UP AND STRANGLED MY PUPPY FOR NO FUCKING REASON
tho

kek

But his son has a successful show on FX.

Don't forget to buy a ticket for the next installment of "will the X-Men survive and succeed?" Summer 2018 !

Mutants are a species actually.

And they can't "turn off" their powers. They are always there. Some people have abilities that they can "turn off", but the power itself is always present.

All of-
What-
One time?
Hell, even a Mutant killed Mags's mother

Well...
>mutants are not born anymore
>the X-Men died because of him
>the only group that still has mutant genes is artificially made, too young, and god knows what will happen to them next

Have them go through therapy and not be used as weapons again, and MAYBE we can talk about the dream being back on track.

Not in the movies, at least.

Even in Apocalypse, it was more like

>"Hey, we all really like you, but it turns out that you used to be Magnetic Hitler, so we're going to have to take you in because even though you've changed, you still did all that shit and need to be punished. OH FUCK I LET GO OF THE BOWSTRING EVERYBODY PANIC"

How can they be a species when they're not reproductively isolated from humans?

It's set in the 80s right? Around the same time probably before or after Apocalypse
So that means David was born when Xavier was still in college?

Shut up, that's how.

Except when they're dormant. Before M-Day, there were lots of people with x-genes that wouldn't activate in their lifetime, same with their kids.

Go away, Pierce.

Charles made me super depressed in Logan. Especially when it was implied he killed his own students in the Westchester incident. In his last moments he was weeping with guilt.

>you still did all that shit and need to be punished
In another country, which they really shouldn't care all that much about, at that.

>Heard that in Ian McKellen's voice

Godfuckingdammit

No it's "Charles keeps believing in Erik and Erik fucks him over in return"

Same way mules and ligers exist