Tossed salads and scrambled eggs edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=edflm7Hh3hs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the actor is jewish

>Tossed salads
What did he mean by that?

Was Dr. Crusher a Baneposter?

Kelsey Grammar is actually Morgan Bateson, his attempt to return to his own time failed and he ended up as an actor. The lyrics to the Frasier theme are actually a rant/lament about the Andorians and how he killed a number of their young.

wats the thing on his face?

How long do you think it would take to move from Ensign to Lieutenant if you were on something like a science survey ship which didn't see a lot of action and there was less opportunity to prove yourself in harrowing situations?

Could you move up by simply making extraordinary science reports using impeccable punctuation? If your spelling was on hit, would that contribute to an accelerated emancipation?

you'd advance according to years served.

>that same episode when Dukat had the "I'm the only real nigga alive" speech

manongqu' replicate qaS HeghDI' holodeck mej 'oH vaj replicate, qaq jInmol? holodeck laSvargh Quv vIghaj wuq 'Iv?

>you'd advance according to years served.

>tossed salad and scrambled eggs
It all makes perfect sense now

6 years. If you didn't make it in 8 years you'd probably just leave/removed from Star Fleet.

Anyway rank is somewhat irrelevant outside of Command/Bridge Officer. AFAIK, there's no pay or benefits involved, you can resign and retire to earth at literally any point of time. So what if you're a Lieutenant Junior Grade- you're an Astrophysics Officer you're just part of Star Fleet so you can crunch numbers onboard spaceships orbiting exploding stars.

The only peeps who want rank are the ones who want to captain their own ship some day, or for the few non-officer types like O'Brien where rank = authority on who works on waste disposal units and who doesn't.

Why did they bully Worf all the damn time?

Ensigns have to share quarters.
There's probably shoreleave and holodeck permissions as well
Higher ranks probably also get considered first for better positions
Being a jr grade lt on tje enterprise is probably quite cushy but if you don't want to get assigned to a two-man communication outpost on the klingon or romulan border it probably helps to show you're a valuable officer

power will always attract

That episode was fucking great.
It was so different to the normal TNG. It actually had the message of

>man the fuck up and grow some balls or you will miss life

A story like this wouldn't be possible with STD

>tfw lt picard became reality as numales

most. annoying. character.

>tfw there are 5 lights ?

>"You're older than I am"
t. the sisko

I AM LOOOOOOOOOORD GARTH.

youtube.com/watch?v=edflm7Hh3hs

there's only 4 in that pic

Picard's shitty life still had him serving as an officer on the Federation flagship, a level of prestige most humans could only dream of.

not everyone wants to join starfleet. there are other careers in existence, you know

Holy shit, if that happened that frequently on a modern show it would cause a massive "political" shitstorm online.

I think he said it was Moussaka.

tossed salads and scrambled eggs refers to the people that call in as they are mixed up like these two things. personally i like the idea that they refer to all the social faux pas that occur during the show that you can't untoss and can't unscramble

>ensigns have to share quarters
yeah but it takes a miracle or being Harry Kim to get stuck as an ensign. the advancement to LT is basically automatic.

mmyesyes im sure life as a vedek hassling freighter captains for strips of latinum is as exciting as being in Starfleet
*walks away muttering broken Klingon*

>the writers hate Harry Kim the character
>the producers hate Garret Wang because he's always mouthing off and threatening to quit
>they decide to kill his character
>some magazine puts him on a sexiest chinks list
>keep him on the show, but keep him an ensign forever just to fuck Garret over

The assassination of Ducats character is starting to hurt.

Now I see why they call him Picuck.

Was it rape?

When are they gonna bring back the green uniform back?

good god, I forgot how dark the episode sons of mogh gets

Whenever I see the old green uniform the only thing I see is how amazing Kirk looked.

as dark as it gets, O'Brien's Hard Time gets darker.

I dunno, it's getting darker by the scene.
sisko just went full Sup Forums while holding the klingon blade he stabbed his brother with

>There is a limit to how far I'll go to accommodate cultural diversity among my officers..
>and YOU'VE just reached it, Mr. Worf!

>man the fuck up and grow some balls or you will miss life
I tried living life once, a long time ago. Now I spend every single day hating myself for the mistakes I made. I am the architect of my greatest failures so I don't try anymore. It will never not hurt and some days are harder than others but accepting my failure as in individual and as a human being helps to rationalize just how pathetic I truly am.

it's one of Sisko's best moments

>I don't give a fuck about your Klingon culture, if you kill your brother you're going to space prison for MURDER Worf and I should put you there already
>NOT A WORD OLD MAN

Sad stuff

>it's one of Sisko's best moments
Agree on a number of different levels. Avery's acting in the scene is ideal to what I wish the Sisko character acted like throughout the series and I mean that on how the character was portrayed.
That staccato up and down shit he does annoys me but around season 4 he was finally starting to get a hold of the character

Imagine being in space prison for twenty years and then having to come home to Keiko.

>O'Brien's Hard Time gets darker.

I beg to differ. Each new act in Sons of Mogh brings further dishonor and embarrassment.

>brother grant me my rightful death and send me to sto-vo-kor
>oops, we got caught
>brother I can't die my life is yours
>lol go play Bajoran security
>fuck this i'm take my own way out
>nope, no death for you just suffering
>*deletes memory and gives him a false identity*

That ending is absolutely ghoulish

that sounds bad but still wishing you the best for your future and that you may have some happier years soon.

>star fleet is ok with brainwashing someone but suicide is off limits
How stupid is that.

yea i dont think its darker i think its sader.

It's really strange, imho, in "The 50 Year Mission, The Next 25 Years" it's said that once Berman allowed him to shave his head and let his goatee grow, he felt infinitely more comfortable in his role and thus became a better character. I never would've thought that something like that would effect an actor so much (although Mulgrew also comments on how shitty they handled her hairstyles)

I think that's what user is getting at. He doesn't die in the literal sense but having all memory erased is basically the same thing. Star Fleet ethics was completely incompatible with Klingon ethics and Worf killed his brother without giving him honor.

all I know is dr. julian Mengele is completely okay with it which is sort of contra his character.
he's always being the moral dogmatist but this time he was the one with the scalpel

>yea i dont think its darker i think its sader.
I'd say it's the opposite because at the end of the episode Miles still has his family, friends and career, but by the end of Sons of Mogh, Kurn has lost his life, his honor, his identity, and any memory of it and is now trapped inside an idea of a person who isn't him. Truly horrifying if you ask me.

>is sort of contra his character.
thank shitty writers for that.
each and every fucking time.

yea its actually worse imo, being some sort of weird zombie
I guess it did not have the same emotion impact to me. Because i never met his brother before, so the emotional concretion was weaker.

I don't think it was wrong for the Doctor to do what he did to Kurn. Kurn was suicidal, had been treated twice by Julian for near-death experiences already, and Julian preserved the life of a perfectly healthy body. To Bashir it was like a medical condition- an affliction of the brain and the only sure way to prevent death and save the patient was the loss of memory.

>we are more like than unlike my dear captain
Is Data suggesting that Picard also fucked Tasha Yar?

>What if there was a way to kill your brother..
>without killing him?

Jadzia saw that if Kurn stayed on the station he'd just get in the way of her need for the BKC

>manongqu' replicate this holodeck dies, it went out and replicate, preferable project? holodeck who decide this was not a good idea?
wat

STD confirmed that Klings have TWO BKC's, which is why Dax is such a slut for them

Watching with a quasi-critical eye,U simply cannot take the concept of the Holodeck seriously anymore. At first I started making my Holodeck posts as a joke ("Why don't they call it X instead of a Holodeck? The name is misleading") but I'm starting to get annoyed whenever anyone uses the Holodeck. I just can't stop thinking about all the plot holes, the unbelievable decisions that people make, the fact that it's possible for the technology to work flawlessly while not responding to controls because of some major spatial anomaly, there's so much about the Holodeck that doesn't make even a little bit of sense. And then there's the fucking Doctor. They put a bunch of EMHs in a cave system to mine dilithium or something, but they can't set up holoprojectors around Voyager? Actually, we know that they CAN and DO do this--in that episode with the Hirogen, we see it done, it's the entire plot--and no amount of handwaving can make me believe that there is some reason that makes sense diegetically NOT to have done this before. And the mobile emitter almost never malfunctions; when it does, they can fix it, no problem. It's even more unbelievable than Geordi's ability to operate on Data's positronic brain without actually being a cybernetics genius like Singh was. Why the fuck can't they make more Datas? Why the fuck can't Data experience emotions but Moriarty can? If a Holodeck replicates matter on demand, why can't the replicate and android? Why does that replicated matter lose cohesion when it leaves the Holodeck if it's replicated, rather than projected? Who decided that the Holodeck was a good idea?

Watching with a quasi-critical eye,I simply cannot take the concept of the Holodeck seriously anymore. At first I started making my Holodeck posts as a joke ("Why don't they call it X instead of a Holodeck? The name is misleading") but I'm starting to get annoyed whenever anyone uses the Holodeck. I just can't stop thinking about all the plot holes, the unbelievable decisions that people make, the fact that it's possible for the technology to work flawlessly while not responding to controls because of some major spatial anomaly, there's so much about the Holodeck that doesn't make even a little bit of sense. And then there's the fucking Doctor. They put a bunch of EMHs in a cave system to mine dilithium or something, but they can't set up holoprojectors around Voyager? Actually, we know that they CAN and DO do this--in that episode with the Hirogen, we see it done, it's the entire plot--and no amount of handwaving can make me believe that there is some reason that makes sense diegetically NOT to have done this before. And the mobile emitter almost never malfunctions; when it does, they can fix it, no problem. It's even more unbelievable than Geordi's ability to operate on Data's positronic brain without actually being a cybernetics genius like Singh was. Why the fuck can't they make more Datas? Why the fuck can't Data experience emotions but Moriarty can? If a Holodeck replicates matter on demand, why can't the replicate and android? Why does that replicated matter lose cohesion when it leaves the Holodeck if it's replicated, rather than projected? Who decided that the Holodeck was a good idea?

>tfw watching best of both worlds again
sigh, that must be the 5th time now

Bionicle

Hear, Hear. She was a bitch to Miles on TNG and she was still a bitch on DS9.

>Masks
Sounds about right, desu

They do get annual evaluations that determine if they'll get promoted or not; presumably these involve evaluating the quality of the officer's work, their preparedness, their proficiency, efficiency, problems like tardiness or absences, etc. to determine if they're ready to move forward, improve, or wash out.

WAS IT FUCKING CAKE?

No wonder he wanted to kill himself

>when he gets denied his own suicide at 6:18

The House of Mogh has a black cloud above it.

>Watching with a quasi-critical eye,U simply cannot take the concept of the LT. CMDR. DATA seriously anymore. At first I started making my LT. CMDR. DATA posts as a joke ("Why don't they call it X instead of a LT. CMDR. DATA? The name is misleading") but I'm starting to get annoyed whenever TASHA YAR uses the LT. CMDR. DATA. I just can't stop thinking about all the plot holes, the unbelievable decisions that people make, the fact that it's possible for the technology to work flawlessly while not responding to controls because of some major spatial anomaly, there's so much about the LT. CMDR. DATA that doesn't make even a little bit of sense. And then there's the fucking Doctor. They put a bunch of DOCTOR CRUSHER in a cave system to mine DICKS or something, but they can't set up POSITRONIC BRAINS around ENTERPRISE? Actually, we know that they CAN and DO do this--in that episode with the BORG, we see it done, it's the entire plot--and no amount of handwaving can make me believe that there is some reason that makes sense diegetically NOT to have done this before. And the LT. CMDR. DATA almost never malfunctions; when it does, they can fix it, no problem. It's even more unbelievable than WORF'S ability to operate on PRUNE JUICE without actually being a BARTENDING genius like GUINAN was. Why the fuck can't they make more PRUNE JUICES? Why the fuck can't PRUNE JUICE experience emotions but WESLEY can? If a LT. CMDR. DATA replicates matter on demand, why can't the replicate and HOLODECK? Why does that replicated matter lose cohesion when it leaves the LT. CMDR. DATA if it's replicated, rather than projected? Who decided that the LT. CMDR. DATA was a good idea?

Alright, /trek/, it's time: claim your waifus

MINE

Goin' granny this time.

Rager a cute.

fuck you, O'Brien

The TNG prequel is pure kino

best redhead claimed.

You're a fucking idiot, you don't know what 'kino' means.

She really activates my manual steering column

Expanding the language through creative use of old words is a keystone of kinography.

ugh

ermagod
link?

>sigh, that must be the 5th time now
You are like a little babby

mirrir broken is great but not a prequel.

darker timeline.

Sorry for revealing the plot twist to you.

touche mein negro

claimed

That's what manning up is all about, mate. It's about living with your mistakes, learning from them and making yourself a better person because of them.

Picard had a fake heart, and a life of regret, but he also had the responsibility of caring for his crew and their fate. Being able to set aside those mistakes to perform is what being a man is all about.

Stories of great men consistently start with those who have failed dramatically, only to make a remarkable come-back. It is the hero's journey.

Get back up and get ready to take more punches, because this is what true courage really is.

Just realized I don't have many TOS memes. Post some TOS memes.

When I saw this episode I also saw a prime opportunity.

Done.

>If a LT. CMDR. DATA replicates matter on demand,
He doesn't...

Best.

...nah, not even close, user

what if you think you're a bit too eager to take the punches? you keep putting yourself in bad situations for no good reason? not even risky situations, just doing things you don't like, and being around people who don't like you, and toeing the line with your family and friends rather than making sure you all become better people-- or indeed starting conflicts with family and friends that don't really help anyone?
I've been coming to the realization I just don't like people that much, and I know I judge myself based on how lazy or not lazy I am, and I like to have conversations and challenge my values and other people's values, but I think there might be something more
I think I might be a contrarian, and even a bit of a masochist
what do?
t. different guy

If it cums it shits. If you prick him, does he not...leak?

He doesn't have a built-in replicator, though