Daniel Way's Deadpool does more than U$1,000,000.00 per year in trades

>Daniel Way's Deadpool does more than U$1,000,000.00 per year in trades.

How is this possible? Is the average Deadpool reader mentally challenged or something?

I actually saw Waypool being defended on another site that shall remain nameless.

Face it, user, people only know Deadpool as a joke character. You're never going to see an actual discussion about his disfigurement or his self-hatred or his misguided heroism. It's chimichanga and fart jokes from here on out.

That being said, I also see so many fucking morons on this board insist Deadpool never was about cartoon humor, pop culture jokes, or breaking the 4th wall

These people clearly never read the original Deadpool solo series because, yes it was about all of those things, it just had more to it as well

Agreed. Humor served as a contrast.

I actually think the movie erred on the wrong side of the line, though. Too much random humor and no real pain, just a generic superhero plot with dirty jokes and tongue in cheek attitude. I enjoyed it as a whole, but I was pretty irritated with the fart joke and oven joke. Then again, I'm also on the GotG is way too jokey train, so what the fuck do I know

Yes, they are. user, Deadpool is just a poor man's Daffy Duck for extremely stupid people and tweens.

>and no real pain,
What about being put in a chamber for the weekend of suffocating?

There was a time when liking Deadpool was a cult thing and alot of his jokes worked only if you had knowledge of the comic industry. Now he's a normie meme. I honestly would even go back to the rip off Liefeld days over now.

Being personally tortured is terrible, but compared to some of the shit that he's been through in the comics? Fuck no.

I mean actual loss by his own hand, being an irredeemable fuck up who understands what he is, that sort of thing. Not physical pain, emotional and existential pain. Digging through a pile of corpses to find the mother of your child whom you turned away pain. People gagging at the sight of you pain.

For example, if Vanessa had died in the movie while Deadpool was consumed in his fight with Ajax. That would have fit the character as I understand him. All subjective, of course.

That would probably turned a lot of people off from the film, especially the first outing.

Yeah, I know. But it speaks to the OPs point about the popular image of the character. While I see him as tragic, the vast majority of people see him as a silly cartoon character.

I think the only Deadpool writers I ever liked were Remender and Kelly.

I've read shit all Deadpool but from how Sup Forums talk's about his runs I'd imagine it's simply a lot more accessible. Digestable bite-size silliness over monolithic continuity-driven depression. It's so much less intimidat-
>Look it up
>Kelly only did the first 30 issues of Deadpool
>Way did over 60
OKAY WHAT THE FUCK

I kinda liked the Waid mini and Priest run. But Kelly is goat Deadpool writer.

>I mean actual loss by his own hand, being an irredeemable fuck up who understands what he is, that sort of thing.

problem, deadpool worked because it was the uncanny combination of idiotic comedy, 90s edge and serious character moments that contrasted pretty hard.

See the page where he gives the squirrel talk to t-ray. in retrospect, it's completely idiotic. Yet it works. You can only pull that off in comics.

You can't do such things in movies. People will think it's weird.

>For example, if Vanessa had died in the movie while Deadpool was consumed in his fight with Ajax. That would have fit the character as I understand him. All subjective, of course.

That would have been fitting, but I can imagine it getting flak for being too dark

Like every popular opinion on Sup Forums, it's largely a meme and just accepted because of hivemind

There is also a reason Cyclops is praised here yet most of the population who's aware of the X-Men hates him

The only thing the masses hear is "he killed Xavier" and immediately label him a monster, without knowing the actual context. Like the Avengers being the reason the Phoenix even possessed him in the first place.

Normal people don't even know that much. In my experience, they just know he's the guy with the red beams who's with Jean. Generally seen as the stiff good guy to Wolverine's cool bad boy.

The user you're quoting is an idiot because he seems to think normies have any opinion about Cyclops at all beyond "he exists". Just some buttblasted autist a wee bit upset that the "hive mind" called them out on a shit opinion at some point

I'm mostly referring to plebs who have a general knowledge of X-men and atleast know modern stories like AvX to a degree.

Deadpool is the LULRANDUM humor that is normalfag territory now for the "geek culture" community.

I thought it had plenty of serious moments for a Deadpool movie, like the scene where he's in the hoodie chasing his girl and the people see him and he decides not to see her.

I don't know. I think the Deadpool movie did it just right enough to make it so both normalfags, and fans of Deadpool would not be sourly disappointed.

I agree with you bro, both about Deadpool and GotG. Remember, at least half the people in the world have average or below taste and intelligence.

And Sup Forums is full of plebs who are satisfied as long as something makes them laugh

>You can only pull that off in comics

now I know you are a fucking pleb idiot, no plot point, outside of those that are directly tied to the medium itself, should be contained to a single medium. To think so is small minded and just fucking dumb.

are you guys so fucking attached to this movie that you cant just let someone have a different opinion without chiming in how you think otherwise?

Being a fucking Deadpool fan since the 90s is hard, man. Almost as hard as 90s Harley fans have it.

wtf are you guys talking about in regards to Kelly and Way

Are you me? I find Deadpool and GotG to be the most overrated comic book movies of the last 10 years.

I'm not even the type to go "hurr no humor and quips in muh childrenbook movies", but I just thought the comedy in both of them was obnoxious as fuck.

are you gonna bitch and moan because people like the movie?

>coming from the guy who was so triggered that someone didnt like the movie, he just had to comment and voice his different opinion.

Not the user you were replying to, but I'm right there with you.

>Durr... how can people like the version of Deadpool I hate?

>let someone have a different opinion
>he thinks one or two guys saying they liked a movie tangibly affects those who don't

>guys its okay if they like shit!

I wonder how Dugganpool is to the normies