Cast it

Cast it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH3mK1NZn9QqOSj3ObrP3xL8tEJQ12-vL
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's going to be a damn shame seeing this get adapted into progressive kikery.

Lord Idris of Elba

virgin vs chad with renarin and adolin. chop chop bridgeboi

>entire movie of bridge bullshit and boring generic female fantasy lead shallan
It's a really bad book if viewed on its own, even worse for a movie

>adol-

This name will be changed.

Is Brandon Sanderson like the hack of hacks when it comes to fantasy authors? I swear this guy writes so fast it's like he vomits the text, which would make a lot of sense.

I have no idea what real life race anyone is supposed to be in this.
Is everyone asian and the shin are white or what?

oh my, you americans love this book. I tried it and...

yeah, no wonder the media and your politicians treat you like children

wtf this isnt WoT

literally who cares.
it's a fantasy world, there's no color in it and there is only one human race

His prose aren't great, but the settings are kino.

I love Sanderson's books but they'd make shit films or be changed to the point where they do not resemble the books, can the Hollywood pedokikes and exhibitionist weirdos come up with something original instead of raping the original ideas of others much like they rape the opportunistic young starlets desperate for casting gigs

How is he when it comes to women and nudity?

the guy is a mormon. what do you think?

>I love Sanderson's books

Thank you, I could stop reading there.

He's a prude Mormon and it's all super wholesome to the level of sometimes being weird

>stupid frogposter
>reading books

Almost tricked me

Big titties all the time to vent his frustration?

"strong women" and i don't think there
s any nudity.
he writes kids books / young adult books that can be enjoyed by adults, that's about it/

He's a hack writer but a top notch fantasy writer, if that answers your question. I actually enjoy reading him but there's no denying what he is or what fantasy is, and he is what he is because fantasy is what it is, if you follow me. Modern fantasy is a far cry from Tolkien.

>It's an Adolin is right again episode

He doesn't shy away from it as much as his other books, but there's nothing explicit

Third worlders continue to ravenously consume American media then feign superiority, what else is new?

I would be literally shaking.

I had only read the Stormlight Archives and recently branched out to Warbreaker and the first Mistborn book, all of it is very similar which is probably why he can write so much. His convenient excuse to this is that it all takes place on different planets in the same solar system that are somehow connected or some shit, but the settings are very samey too

It's weird that he's a mormon yet seems so supportive of atheism in the series

I listen to a lot of books and past gardens of the moon, the malazan series has been excellent.

Don't worry, it won't be adapted. If they did a Sanderson book, which they will eventually, they'd do either Mistborn or Steelheart (which incidentally is the worst book I've ever read). If a studio wanted to adapt a mammoth fantasy series they'd do Wheel of Time long before Stormlight, and you can see how that's going.

Kaladin

whatever comes from the US belongs to no one, thanks to your companies selling it around the world. doesn't mean people consume it uncritically, you philistine.

Me as Kaladin

*brap*

Adopt this

Starts out as gruesome improved Hunger Games and turns into space opera at a level of schlockyness I can appreciate

>I listen to a lot of books
>listen
Fucking discarded

Dalinar is pretty much fantasy Joseph Smith.
He just did his research so he didn't fall into the Terry Goodkind trap

I can definitely see it

>Bob Morley

Peak parental banter

Not a bad choice btw

True I suppose, but there's also Jasnah. People dismissing her because of her atheism are also treated as being wrong to do so.

Shallan

>He's a prude Mormon
weird considering how liberal he is in stormlight with that whole gay stuff and atheist ranting

Kaladin is literally brown

You mean an original story in a movie?
I legitimately don't understand what that is

Alethi are tan, not brown

Airsick lowlander detected

There isn't enough time to read all the books I want to read, I only listen to audio books whilst doing something else though. Some lay down in bed and listen to audio books

His lecture series is pure lecturekino if you're interested in writing fiction
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH3mK1NZn9QqOSj3ObrP3xL8tEJQ12-vL

I love the shit out of these books. Book 4 in two months!

Numuhukumakiaki'aialunamor

I understand the function and reasoning of listening to audiobooks, doesn't change the fact that it's absolutely plebtier and anyone who "listens to books while doing something else" is not in a position to offer literary critique.

Who cares, mistborn is superior to the rest of his crap

even then if they ever cast Stormlight most likely Alethi would be white people in tan

Jasnah is objectively wrong in the series.
He's more supporting not being a cunt because you disagree with someone's religion.
It's why Jasnah is polite to Shallan and Taravangion when they ask about it, and a cunt to Kabsal when he tries pulling some bullshit gotchas

I have yet to see a part where Jasnah wasn't right always

Did you ever consider that not all books are a projection of the author's personal beliefs but rather just an attempt at making a compelling story that can be enjoyed by many? Not all religious people, even those deeply religious, are hateful or non-understanding of people with other or no beliefs

He probably put some gayness in there because people kept complaining about it

Did he insert a bunch of Mormon shit into this?

I work for a living and have a family so I listen to books in my commute and when i exercise. Otherwise i would never touch literature. If you have time to regularly read that tells me a lot about you, none of it very good.

the bit where Tanavast doesn't exist was a pretty big one

Neat anectode, but homeboy is right that she's literally objectively wrong in her atheism. The god of the cosmere is literally depicted in the books.

>he fell for the family meme

I kind of think the series should've ended at #3, fearing the next one might be shit and none of the sequels captivated me to the same degree as Red Rising did anyway

How? I'm on book 2 and book one was merely ok. The world is interesting but the characters and dialogue is pleb.

>kelsier does literally anything
>his whole crew laughs and calls him a crazy madman
>vin chapter
It's just about her not trusting anyone or falling in love with going to balls

Does it get better? Can I skip to the next trilogy? I hear it's in a western setting

Not after the jews get hold of the properly. They will be congo black.

Official character rankings:

God tier:
Kaladin
Syl
Dalinar
Adolin

Good tier:
Navani
Jasnah
Taravangian
Bridge Four
Rysn
Pattern
Szeth

Meh tier:
Shallan
Reneran
Elhokar
Lift

Shit tier:
Moash
Venli

Lmao are you trying to act superior because you're a brainlet working class philistine with 0 free time? Is that really the angle you're working?

>when she sees my throbbing uncut cock

Agreed, but the ending of three gave me some feels. Like when he confronts the "final boss"

You forgot Wit

I thought Jasnah acknowledged that powerful, godlike beings exist, just that they're not actually gods in the "all powerful, all knowing" christian sense.

Mistborn is shit compared to Stormlight Archive. He doesn't go into nearly enough detail about the world (who don't even see outside the one city until book 3) and Vin is an absolutely horrible protagonist.

Sort of. It's most notable with how he handles romances. Characters will meet and fall in love, but then never move past kissing until they get married. Normally they get married young (teens/early 20s) and do it only after knowing each other a short time.

the first mistborn trilogy is where he hit all his stumbling blocks though.
Vin and Elend having sod all chemistry is definitely something he improved on in later series

Wit cannot be ranked, too clever for it

IIRC, Hoid pretty much confirms that there's a God above Tanavast at the end of WoR

The tanned skin of the Alethi complicates things. A lot less actors to choose from.

My idea for Jasnah, even though I pictured her differently in my mind.

Not to bring in another fantasy author but most ASOIAF characters are more witty than wit.

I'm no a fan of Wit. At the moment he feels a bit too much like an author insert. Like Tom Bombadil, or Kruppe from Malazan.
A silly weird guy who's actually super powerful, gives the main characters advice and makes meta commentary about things without quite breaking the fourth wall.
I generally don't enjoy those sorts of characters.

I sort of remember him mentioning that to Jasnah at one point, but I interpreted it more as his personal belief that their might be an actual God, not that he has any proof.

>szeth
>not elder god tier
Him and Dalinar have the only good chapters in the whole series.

Just give any actor a tan and they can pull it off.
As I recall, that and their height are the only traits that Alethi share.

Well I think that you have to remember that a mormon's writing these books

>Sandersons books read like a grade 6 young adult novel with prose as flat as cardboard
>Stories are often pretty simple in terms of the depth and characters
>yet when you read all the books of the Cosmere + the short stories that go with them you start to realize there is shit far crazier an more complex than the Great Northern Conspiracy or Euron's Kraken conspiracy from ASoIAF going down in these books that tie all the stories together in an insane way and put those ASoIAF conspiracies to absolute shame in terms of their magnitude and depth

Sanderson is one strange author.

??? Jasnah is not Alethi is she? I thought she was described as white with colorful eyes and black hair. So like an elegant Ashkenazi Jew is what I had in mind.

>not liking Kaladin's arc of not being the same edgy, brooding, bitter cunt of a protagonist that plagues modern Fantasy

>judges people on how they injest their literature
>has pics of Ben "immigrants for America but not israel" Shapiro's sister
>no dont have a wholesome family, cant believe you fell for the meme

You are literally shit

She's the next store neighbor of Alethi I think

>is still an edgy brooding bitter cunt until the end of the second book
>muh brother
>muh light eyes
Dalinar is actually a unique protag.

>daughter of Alethcar's King
>not Alethi
I'm trying best as I can to grasp how you could make that mistake, but I'm drawing a blank

literally her on the cover

She's literally the daughter of the king of the Alethi and becomes the Alethi queen at the end of the latest book.
It's hard to judge any race in the series though because of how hair and eye color work.

NO I don't want that shit book to ever see film.

it's not the USA. I am USA. It's over half the world. They just like shit literature.

were the greeks plebtier when the only way to experience the mythos was through public oration of the material?

Ok just looked it up apparently she is in fact Alethi, but described as (paraphrasing) "clearskin tan" which is not the nearly African brown of the guy I responded to. It would be more like my pic, soft Arabic.

I like having a protagonist who's basically a racist and fucks things over for himself because of that.

i blame his mormonism

>Sanderson like the hack of hacks?
no sadly there are worse fantasy authors out there, Sanderson might just be the most digestable hack.

>Go to /tg/ to talk about Cosmere.
>Thread dies
>Go to /lit/ to talk about Cosmere.
>Get b&
>Go to Sup Forums for shit posting
>Faggots talking about Cosmere

What the fuck?

Honestly i really hope the don't get too connected, last thing I want is a capeshit avengers team up

Based horneater poster

Are poetry and prose different? Did Homer writer poetry intended to be read aloud and Tolstoy prose intended to be simply read? Hmm.

Sup Forums is offtopic central

It's like bringing up Marvel movies here

He seems to have more restraint than capeshit style team ups.
It's more references that someone who read the other books can spot, like Odium shitting himself at the thought of facing Sazed, Za'el being the guy from Warbreaker, or someone from the masked tribe of Elantris showing up.

Your step dad is right about you but deep down you probably knew that.