Mr.A Storytime

One of Steve Ditko's Greatest.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/r36Kh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

storytime of pain

Oh boy... does he go full objectivist here?
Nevertheless, might read along
How many issues?

3 or 4

What does everyone think so far?

Ditko's art is still great too look at even when half the page is filled with crazy objectivist ranting.

Yeah, Ditko's comics at least offer great visuals for his readers, no matter what their political leaning is.

My problem isn't necessarily the politics, I'll read any story if it's well written enough, but Ditko is just SO long-winded. There is so much text on every page it gets kind of silly.

And one more issue
Oh, I can get that, one of the criticism that I saw of Ditko, the last time I storytimed this, was that the text was burdensome to read.

It gets better after the first couple issues but the lettering can also be kind of cramped and small.

It does get better, but from what I've seen I think the comic would work better without any text. I wanted to post one of the issues without text that I have, but it's too big to post. I'll link to it after I'm done with this if I can find the link.

Mr A sure got a cool entrance

And that's it.
And here's the Mr. A story that I was talking about earlier.
imgur.com/a/r36Kh

>Mr. A
>MRA

it all makes sense now

Thank you

Things are getting a little too real.

Does Rex get smeared in the press by the elites himself or assassinated at the end like happens in real life?

Its all real interesting, I'm seeing this as an American season zero yugi moto. Someone with mind rape powers who goes against people that go against their moral standards. I mean, the readers know that their victims are evil, but they're just so morally rigid that it makes you think what would happen in a world that wasn't tailor made for their political views at heart, I guess that's what was so interesting to the wizard about making rorschach .

The art is beautiful, but I just can't get the comparisons to chick tracks out of my mind, what with the black and white, and the moral righteousness. But the one page stories that Ditko pulled off towards the end of the storytime was pretty masterful.

Is there any explanation as to that black and white card balance thing everyone sees at the end of the stories? Like, is it a power he has or just a representation of their fear of Mr. A? Cause if its fear, I don't really see why he cuts such a scary figure to the bad guys.

All in all, not my cup of tea, but interesting. I'm glad I finally read a few issues of this, it's Iike an idea finally put into practice. Thanks OP.

>they literally drag him to the dark side
Love this.

I like how the swears are little UFOs, because, of course! It's the 70s!

I literally came here just to make this dumb joke.

I've read the first two stories. The stories being told are standard Punisher or Judge Dredd style fare, and if you cut the preaching and thought bubbles a bit to make the speaking more natural, they would be absolutely fantastic. As is, the text is a bit too rambly for me.

He then proceeded to drink a whole glass of unpasteurised milk. Truly, he is lost.

>Any man who claims the right to another's efforts or life automatically renounces the concept of rights and their protection of his right to his own legitimate efforts and life
So was this all just Ditko's revenge fantasy against Stan?

>if you cut the preaching and thought bubbles a bit to make the speaking more natural, they would be absolutely fantastic
Yea... except that´s 90% of the comic. So, if you take most of what make this comic Mr.A, it would be good? Shocker

Not really. I said reduce it and make it more natural, not remove it. It would be the same story with the same characters doing the same thing with the same art.

none of those things matter. the written text is the meat and two veg of the comic. everything else is irrelevant

Interesting. I like how the preface says we may not agree with Mr A.

That goodbye Mr A song is in my head now

>I like how the preface says we may not agree with Mr A
Well DUH

Mr A is white, so you have the option B, not agreeing with him, and being black. Is like you didn´t read this pamphlet called comic or something

The meat of a comic is indeed the art. If you wanted walls of text, you'd read a proper book. The dialog in this comic is often times redundant. With characters repeating the same sentiment over and over with extremely similar phrasing. It makes the contents weaker.

This story is a lot better written than the first two.

>innocents will be hurt more than the gulty!
>bitch i dont give a fuck
what is he even saying in pannel six, how does that follow at all from what the other guy said?

This

Thanks OP. One one hand Ditko's creativity is amazing, on the other his writing reminds me of Jack Chick.