How accurate was the camp liberation scene in Band of Brothers

It's pretty powerful stuff but how accurate was it really?

youtube.com/watch?v=sHcJtU9dr6I&t=

Other urls found in this thread:

101airborneww2.com/bandofbrothers7.html
ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10007056#
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Muslims
balder.org/judea/The-Most-Fantastic-Holocaust-Survivor-Stories-Jewish-Soap-Lampshades-Fertilizer-Mengele-Miracles.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not very. Only prisoners from Auschwitz had tattoos on their wrists. If you ever see a holocaust survivor with a tattoo on their arm and they weren't in Auschwitz then it's just another of the many liars that are just trying to make easy money.

"Sup Forums - alt-right pussies literally cry about everything"

I honestly don't know what you are talking about.

jews never lie, embellish, or misrepresent facts for their own greedy hostile self interests

"Stephen Ambrose, as has been noted, is not respected in the historical community. However, one of the soldiers, Don Malarkey, notes in his biography that he didn't remember the concentration camp being that bad. Dick Winters, though, said that the camp was a shock to him, and that it fully cemented his belief in the war. I can't remember if he says whether they made the German (Polish?) civilians clean up, but he DOES say that his men frequently would quarter themselves in houses owned by German people, forcibly evicting the current residents for a night or two, as it shows in the series. Winters says that he had no problem with this policy and felt no misgivings about it."

also this

101airborneww2.com/bandofbrothers7.html

i think the funny part about the way Sup Forums hates jews is how hypocritical it is, and how it is basically just hating "bad" people, except for some reason, maybe control, maybe to just be a part of an in-group, they place the entire race of jews into the out-group. This is inane, because the criticisms of all jews merely apply to "bad" jews, this quality "bad" of which is shown in literally every race of man.

Why are you assuming I am pol or alt-right?

Based Winters

Sorry, no need to answer this, I just worked it out. I'm saying something you don't like but which is true therefore you need to put me in some kind of "boogey-man" category. I'm jewish btw and I had relatives that died in the holocaust.

Probably the most accurate we'll get on screen. One of the things I appreciated is that it wasn't just "kick open the gates and set them free! Murrica!" but that they talked about how difficult it was to care for the prisoners.
The former principle of my high school helped liberate a camp and he had a brownie camera on him. He left the pictures to the school library when he retired. It was some pretty haunting shit.

"i'm jewish btw" lmfao good bait

what part is true of what was said in that second post? it simply isn't true that auschwitz was the only camp to mark their prisoners.

Not a single Brit or American liberated a "death camp". Only the Soviets did. Brits and Americans only liberated labour camps.

ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10007056#

First paragraph. Educate yourself, friend. It will help you stop yourself looking stupid when away from an anonymous forum.

do you sincerely believe there is a significant difference? pretty sure they still died in droves from forced labor, starvation, and disease in those camps. maybe there weren't any mass executions but i'm sure there were mass graves

Where in my post did I specify death camp?

Did they say a single fucking thing about Americans liberating Death Camps?

BTFO
Fucking learn to read you illiterate nigger

hey you're actually right, it seems. my bad. i don't think you can blame me for being skeptical of someone who implies that jewish people just wanna make money off the holocaust, it's a pretty callous thing to say.

really wierd coincidence, the only death camps that existed were ones that brits/americans never saw

Strange!

I thought competent officers didn't wear their bars?

>not trusting the soviets
they even built Auschwitz a free chimney sound like nice guys to me

What will the jew do when future generations simply don't care about the """holocaust""" anymore?

"Im Jewish im Jewish im Jewish im Jewish" Jesus Christ ever since I was a kid they annoyed me
We get it, you're ugly and weird

mass aliyah to greater Israel

i dunno this is like asking what will the west do when the world doesn't care that they saved it from certain destruction and fascist hegemony

sad

they will convert to islam in israel (demographics lol) and operate as the elite of their sect

Nobody's making this a Sup Forums issue except for you, you fucking retard.

he in no way said that all jews are somehow bad

it took literally one post for someone to call jews greedy liars and another 3 for someone to agree. we all know that Sup Forums is where Sup Forums hangs out during the day, come on.

saying "jews are all definitely good people and not cocksucking greedy liars who eat babies" is also not saying all jews are somehow bad, right

>jewish people just wanna make money off the holocaust
That shit happened more than 70 years ago, most of the people who did it are either dead or shitting themselves dying right now, yet some jews still demand apologies and compensations for things they never experienced, from governments who comitted nothing of the sort. I think that is what he was referring to.

Literally how dumb or disingenuous do you have to be in order to not get why people despise jews

now this is bait

EASY COMPANY POWER RANKING

0. SPEIRS
1. NIXON
2. WINTERS
3. LIPTON
4. ROE
5. GUARNERE
6. BUCK
7. SHIFTY
8. BULL
9. HEFFRON
POWERGAP
34. Webster
POWERGAP
99. PERCONTI

POWERGAP
504. MALARKEY

999. LIEBGOTT

I dont see how it could be

>implying

What went wrong, /easy/?

europe is more comfy

nights too redditor

bad actors, irritating atmosphere, bad writing

We could reply to each other like this 1000 times more, it wouldn't make my original post any less axiomatic

>wasting an entire episode on Australia

Whats wrong with Malarkey and Webster?

Not him but you said the photos were """haunting""" how could that be? Were there ghosts?

>do you sincerely believe there is a significant difference?
What, between work and death? Yes, I think there is a big difference. LMAO you autist.

Flip-flopping between the Pacific theater and Basilone's personal storyline killed a lot of the narrative momentum.

>he dosen't know

Where is Luz he was in Justified as well.

Yes, there were literally ghosts in the pictures. They were haunted photographs.

There coudn't be nobody died in the camps that the US and UK found. Not sure how the photos were """haunting""" I think you might be telling lies to make yourself look important.

There should be a ghost hunters episode in a concentration camp.

Shifty is the least memorable of the characters to appear in every ep. He shouldn't be that high.

Webster was a total phony and a yellow bastard. He got some minor wound and took a vacation in a military hospital while the rest of Easy got shelled at Bastogne.

Would be boring as fuck they wouldn't find anything lmao

Know what? Long time since I've seen the show.

That's nice.

So just like any other ghost hunting show?

i have no idea actually. i was just messing with you

Blending together two different source materials was a bad idea from the start. BoB worked because it had an overarching cohesive story and a solid set of memorable characters.

I didn't care for most of the actors. The three leads were fine, but most of the supporting actors sucked, unlike in BoB where essentially every single actor other than Jimmy Fallon was at a minimum, competent. Le bug eyed man and maskyousummin were especially bad I thought.

Life on the homefront, although an important story to tell, was incredibly boring and really killed whatever small momentum the story had. I mean, they had that entire fucking episode in Australia AND all that stuff back home at Camp Pendleton. Bor-ing.

Jungle warfare in the Pacific just wasn't that interesting. Fighting Japs over six feet of mud doesn't really make for interesting visuals. I was hoping there would be a naval aspect to it, but that obviously doesn't really lend itself to the formula they wanted.

basically accurate.
this is a depiction of the liberation of one of the Kaufering subcamps of Dachau
before the arrival of americans the SS attempted to march them to death, and burned down the barracks (pictured in the clip), killing hundreds.
they used tattoos at a variety of camps, including Buchenwald, which is where the picture is from
the emaciated living who weighed just 50 to 60 pounds from 5 to 6 years of forced labor, starvation and exposure. In one camp, 300 dead bodies lay on the ground while 600 "living zombies shuffled aimlessly."
what the scene fails to convey is probably the incredible smell.

This is historically correct.
The only death camps were all in soviet control and blocked from western eyes for a long time. They were also remodeled by the soviets.

The terrible sight of piles of emaciated bodies that are passed around as extermination victims are all victims of starvation and typhus. Cyanide gas doesn't do that to a person.
As Germany was in the process of defeat and the supply lines were bombed the prisoners in the camps were last on the list of people to care about.

Are you actually implying that you "despise Jews" for any good, logically consistent reasons? There are no intelligent, valuable people who think like you do. You're an easily-brainwashed baboon.

>what the scene fails to convey is probably the incredible smell.

I can only imagine the stink that jews produce. It's no wonder that the Arab states want Israel gone, they want the smell to stop blowing in on the wind.

Not him but do you not agree that Jews hold a disproportionate share of power in the world and are renowned for their nepotism?

Non-Jewish whites hold an extremely disproportionate share of power in the world and engage in nepotism. What's your point?

This.
Europe was a ground war, Pacific was a Naval war.
Making a show about the ground troops in the Pacific is just a lot of dudes sitting on islands trying to not die of dehydration.

does this mean you've never even been close enough to a Jewish person to smell one, because that would explain a lot about how you feel about Jews

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians
>kicked out of every nation we've inhabited despite controlling most of the world
>everyone else is the problem

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Muslims
>kicked out of every nation we've inhabited
>everyone else is the problem

Did professor Shekelstein teach you that?
I'm sure you got an A+

So you admit the Holocaust happened?

>So few Jews have said things like this you had to fabricate the quote in the bottom right
This should tip you off for how unintelligent you are

Let's all be honest, can anyone say the world is materially worse off with six million fewer jews?

>states an actual historical fact that in no way, shape, or form denies the atrocities of the holocaust
>makes a point to mention that there are people out there who disgrace actual holocaust victims by taking advantage of their reparations
>"Y-You're just an alt-right pussy! Stay mad!"

In terms of groundbreaking accomplishments, losing Jews is by far the worst objective loss. Now if you got rid of neo-nazis, you would not lose a single positive thing from anywhere in the world.

yes
Areas of Russia whose Jewish populations bore the brunt of the Holocaust have seen lower economic growth and wages in the decades since. Same can be said for Eastern Polish and Ukrainian towns. Some towns lost almost 40% of their population. In almost every case, Jews were part of the middle class, and their erasure resulted in long term economic fallout.

Jews were rounded up yes.
It was pretty shitty treatment. Many died, many were shot, executed, etc.
The 'death factories' and the 6 million is a load of rubbish.
It was more than just Jews who suffered (and in greater numbers)

BULL should be higher. Savage in action and sneaky for a big man.

Actually it isn't, almost all historians agree that 5.9 million is the most likely death toll. I bet you think you know better though because you're retarded and don't understand fallacies.

Post some links to this figure

>The 'death factories' and the 6 million is a load of rubbish.

what are you basing this outlandish claim on?

What was his endgame?

You got greedy and blew the troll with the last sentence

>Actually it isn't, almost all historians agree that 5.9 million is the most likely death toll.

Yeah, maybe TOTAL death count -- including Poles and other non-Jews.

The 6 million figure for Jewish casualties is trash.

You're an idiot, that's the Jewish death toll. Including everyone it's 11-20 million.

The transcripts from the Nuremberg trials is a good start
balder.org/judea/The-Most-Fantastic-Holocaust-Survivor-Stories-Jewish-Soap-Lampshades-Fertilizer-Mengele-Miracles.php

you're wrong, it's 200 gorilion

Jews by Location of Death

With regard to the number of Jews who died in the Holocaust, best estimates for the breakdown of Jewish loss according to location of death follow:

Auschwitz complex (including Birkenau, Monowitz, and subcamps): approximately 1 million

Treblinka 2: approximately 925,000

Belzec: 434,508

Sobibor: at least 167,000

Chelmno: 156,000–172,000

Shooting operations at various locations in central and southern German-occupied Poland (the so-called Government General): at least 200,000

Shooting operations in German-annexed western Poland (District Wartheland): at least 20,000

Deaths in other facilities that the Germans designated as concentration camps: at least 150,000

Shooting operations and gas wagons at hundreds of locations in the German-occupied Soviet Union: at least 1.3 million

Shooting operations in the Soviet Union (German, Austrian, Czech Jews deported to the Soviet Union): approximately 55,000

Shooting operations and gas wagons in Serbia: at least 15,088

Shot or tortured to death in Croatia under the Ustaša regime: 23,000–25,000

Deaths in ghettos: at least 800,000

Other*: at least 500,000

*"Other" includes, for example, persons killed in shooting operations in Poland in 1939–1940; as partisans in Yugoslavia, Greece, Italy, France or Belgium; in labor battalions in Hungary; during antisemitic actions in Germany and Austria before the war; by the Iron Guard in Romania, 1940–1941; and on evacuation marches from concentration camps and labor camps in the last six months of World War II. It also includes people caught in hiding and killed in Poland, Serbia, and elsewhere in German-occupied Europe.

Probably the laziest, least intelligent, most transparent propaganda/shill tactic I've ever seen in my life, and notsees love it. What a surprise. You really are chimp level intelligence.

the holocaust didnt happen but i wish it did

It was inaccurate. I didn't see ONE masturbation machine.

You do realize the burden of proof is on you? You need to prove 6 million, MINIMUM. Show your work.

Neither of you know how many Jews actually died in WW2. Both of you, just like everyone else in this thread, are believing what other people have told you. The only difference between you is that one of you believes people have been lied to and the other doesn't. You can call each other idiots all day, but neither of you is any more intelligent than the other. You're both just believing what you've been told.

iirc wisenthal made up the 11 million (6 non + 5 jew).

I'm not sure exactly which part is made up though.

There's a big difference between listening to peer-reviewed historical inquiry by mainstream, qualified historians and listening to .jpgs made by neo-nazis. Are you stupid?

Raul Hilberg, in his book The Destruction of the European Jews one of the most famous holocaust studies estimates the total dead at 5.1 million.

census data points to closer to 5.9

Est. Pre-War Jewish pop. Est. Jewish population killed Percent killed
8,861,800 5,933,900

i think his point is that peer-review historical inquiry by mainstream qualified historians can also be based on an ideology or belief rather than fact. Not to say that it always is, and obviously it's a better idea to believe them than to believe a neo-nazi meme, but it's still entirely plausible that mainstream history has been, not altered, but let's say nudged, or at least the whole encompassing truth might not represented.

It still makes sense to be skeptical even if you believe something to be true and it would be best if it were true.

>make a claim
>"its up to YOU to prove me wrong!"

No it isnt. Its a ridiculous claim paranoid bafoons spout and is easily trashed

this is actually a huge part of the problem. If you came across an argument where one person was arguing with another one about whether the Earth was round, you would never suggest that they are both blindly advocating equal positions. One of them thinks the world is flat, because someone has been telling him that. The other person has probably been on a plane.