Not liking the cornetto trilogy

>not liking the cornetto trilogy

Defend yourself without using the words 'reddit', 'soyboy' or 'cuck'

The World's End sucked

Numale trash

Edgar Wright is a reddit tier soyboy cuck.

It's overrated brit garbage that people who want to act like legit film critics enjoy to fit in with the "intellectuals."

They should make another one

Wasn't crazy about World's End but it was still good. The other two are objectively gr8

Ameriburgers hate this because they could never be satisfied with a cornetto at the cinema without adding 5lb of liquid butter on top

Shaun of the Dead falls apart in the 3rd act
World's End falls apart after the 1st act.

Only Hot Fuzz is a good all around movie.

I get the feeling that "World's End" could have been great if they completely got rid of the whole alien plot and or at least revealed it was all some dumb fantasy Simon Pegg imagined to distract himself from what a burnout loser he had become.

the thing is these movies are considered unfunny trash in britain
you, the american, only find them funny because of the zany accents and lingo
spaced/shaun of dead/hot fuzz/worlds end are to britain what big mama's house is to america and viced-versa

2008core

Is this actually true? I wouldn't know because I don't live in that shit place lmao

Hot Fuzz is the most accurate film I've ever seen in relation to rural policing in the UK.

Pretty good

Baby Driver was bad though

The World's End was awful.

Even alone it was bad, but when compared to the other two which are masterpieces, it's trash.

they shouldn't have switched up the Pegg/Frost dynamic, and they shouldn't have added the other actors

Swap Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz and I agree, faggot

I thought it was pretty fun, wish I saw it in theaters

Pleb filter

Hot Fuzz > Shaun of the Dead and they never made a third one right

Not true at all.

>Shaun of the Dead
Decent, fun to watch on TV.

>Hot Fuzz
Garbage.

>The World's End
Fucking terrible.

There were alot of things they just straight up shouldn't have done.

It was just sort of depressing overall, then tried to change that with some sort of "inspirational" stuff but neither worked. Lots of awkward stuff but nothing warm and fuzzy to tie it together.

If actually needed to be more goofy and more generic, to me it just felt ironic that they trying to address a film about being middle aged, and surprise surprise it's a tasteless slog lacking the energy that young creators have. What a gaffe.

no, its actually the best one (and shaun of the dead is the weakest). Fuck everyone who disagrees

>>Hot Fuzz
>Garbage.
>>The World's End
>Fucking terrible.
is it brainlet day or something? no idea why anyone hates the worlds end

>Defend yourself without using the words 'reddit', 'soyboy' or 'cuck'
The idea that the underages of this board can come up with actual criticism of any movie is hilarious. Haven't you noticed the best this board came come up with is posting 5 second soundless webms of scenes without context and typing HAHAHAHAHA?

Soyboy shit

I liked the part where kevin spacey banged the baby kid

>Shaun

>Hot Fuzz

>World's End
6-

End sucked, deal with it Pegg

Both of them are unbearably unfunny smug cunts, ebin pseudo-'lad' shit. Can't stand any of it.

This

So Im the only one on Sup Forums who likes worlds end? Sad

I laughed my ass on when I watched it in theaters. The first time the twist is really shown just caught me off guard.

The problem is World's End feels more like Paul or Attack The Block than the other two which are in a league of their own.

Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead are much funnier and just have much more "cleverness" about them. You can watch them over and over and pick up on details you missed in a previous watching.

When you put it in a "trilogy" it should match the quality of the others but it falls flat. It's overly bleak and awkward, it has hamfisted "messages". It has all those brilliant ideas but doesn't really use them properly, whereas in the previous two movies it squeezed every ounce of potential out of the concepts.

Honestly I just put it down to the same shit that plagues all creators - the writers, directors and actors are older and they just lost their edge. It's not a great excuse, but I can accept it.

What do you like so much about it? I watched it twice and thought it was kind of mediocre. I felt like I understood Pegg's character but I guess I didn't really sympathize with him that much.

what do you even like about it?

I live in the U.S.

2>1>

its funny, the acting is good, I liked the premise, the editing and music are great. everying about it is great, why do you people hate it?

Shaun of the Dead is a classic. Great comedy and surprisingly good zombie film. This is easily one of the best zombie films ever made. Not that it's actually that big of an accolade when you really think about zombie films, but it's impressive for a directorial debut.

Hot Fuzz is one of the best cop/buddy cop films, the attention to detail, editing and knowledge of the rural English towns is fantastic. If you come from England you can immediately relate to everything on screen. The comedy is at its best here, and the tone is also the best. It's just a perfect blend of comedy, irony and just serious enough it's not too goofy like parts of SotD.

The World's End... I only saw this recently, I watched Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz on repeat many times as a kid and then in secondary school... I am pretty conflicted on this film but I feel like it's actually the most kino of the trilogy, even if it's the least enjoyable film.

First watching I just thought it was shit, rewatching it and thinking about it, I find the ideas presented by World's End are pretty interesting and unique in the medium.

>Simon Pegg doesn't do what every hero does in these stories and actually stands up to authority when it counts and reaps the consequences
>he gets to live the dream of being on a permanent quest with his childhood friends
>rather live on my feet than die on my knees
I dunno, I felt there was something profound about the way Simon Pegg embraced the worst parts of his personality and became an anti-hero at the end.

Though lets be honest following up the first two was basically impossible anyway. I'd still give it an 8/10 , a 9 to SotD and 10 to HF.

I don't hate it but I probably wouldn't want to watch it again

I loved the first two when they were out and shown on itv 2 every 5 minutes, rewatching them they're still very entertaining and funny in parts, not seen the world's end and have no intention of doing but baby driver was entertaining too, none of them are 'good'

>The comedy
dude dead gypsies lmao

>it's funny

it isn't, that's the problem. Starts ok, then endless boring pub brawls with robots and finally a ending that doesn't even try to be clever, just all over the place. Plus it has no memorable jokes

>blu-ray + ultraviolet
Excuse me for being a disgusting pleb but what the fuck is ultraviolet?

>A GREAT BIG BUSHY BEARD

This guy gets it

worlds end is actually very clever. Ive seen it several times and theres alot of foreshadowing and moments you dont notice at first

digital code

I laff everytiem

Hot Fuzz is the only good one.
Shaun and World's End are trash.

>Though lets be honest following up the first two was basically impossible anyway

I don't really think this is true, though.

They had the perfect material for a "british version of popular american genre", which is basically what the other two are, and they meander off into weird territory.

For a comedy it's overly sad and depressing, which is not like the other two, not even Shaun of the Dead (it gets sad at the end but that's the climax of the film). It then gets overly preachy and "inspirational" which is also not a thing from the other two.

The script is great: a bunch of people have an anniversary pub crawl in their old town, but the residents are all aliens in disguise. That's really all you need, but the entire movie seems almost like it's rushing to get as far away from this concept as soon as it can.

All the pieces are there but they don't use them like everyone expected. Meeting expectations is fine.

>For a comedy it's overly sad and depressing
t. brainlet who wants every comedy to be a goofy mindless farce

>everyone hating on these movies
I get that some aren't as good as others in the trilogy but these are great compared to the other trash movies that get recycled every fucking year
People speak like Worlds End is the worst fucking movie ever.

>who wants every comedy to be a goofy mindless farce

If that was the case I obviously wouldn't like SotD or Hot Fuzz.

Who's the brainlet now?

Tbqh I think The World's End could have been the best film if all the characters remained oblivious about the town being aliens, at least 'til near the end.

First reply was not me for the record

Thing is the first film, Shaun, is a lot more similar to World's End. Hot Fuzz is more of the exception with its happy ending and overall lighter more comedic tone. Shaun is set in a zombie apocalypse where the world is fucked and characters die throughout, even if a lot of it is at the end.

World's End has dark moments too but it's never as dark as that and characters don't really die, if anything the kill count is lower than Shaun.

Honestly I feel like the reception to World's End is more as if it took no chances or risks and was a safe approach, i.e. it's just a phoned in sequel by hacks. But that film actually DID go out of its way to be different. I don't feel like most people got the message it was going for with the "depressing" or "preachy" ending.

What exactly was the film preaching? The main character is just an alcoholic asshole... and he wins. I don't think there's any real message to take from the film, like Shaun it's more of a social commentary.

>endless boring pub brawls
pub crawls can be part of a good movie but the characters spent half of the movie acting like it was such a chore to be going to these pubs and it ended up feeling like a chore to watch it

you have to be pretty dense to not "get" the worlds end. but here we are

>the characters spent half of the movie acting like it was such a chore to be going to these pubs
because for all of them except simon pegg's character it was a chore. they were living out the fantasy of someone who was mentally stuck in high school or whatever.

The world's end sucked

Only soyboy cuck redditors like these shit """""films""""". I produce better art in the toilet 2-3 times a day.

nah i like it

i could agree with someone saying it's the weakest on a more technical level but i thought it had the best ending

what i can't fathom is all of these people who like the first two but seemingly can't stand TWE , the disparity between them is not that great

i know buddy

You're not. It's my favourite of the three, though I like them all. I actually prefer Frost as the straight man to Pegg's eccentric loser.

Because it's not funny, the acting is as dreadful as the fight choreography, the editing and music are as awful as they always are in this hack's films, everything, EVERYTHING about it is shit. That's why we hate it.
These films, Pegg and Wright symbolise reddit, they are what reddit is, this sub-adolescent garbage is what is meant by 'reddit'.
They define what a 'soyboy' is, what a 'bugman' is, they are for bugmen.
If you like them you are reddit, you are a cuck, you are a soyboy. You are wrong, your thread is saged.

I didn't enjoy Shaun of the Dead all the way through, partly because I don't like zombie film tropes. Hot fuzz is the best. TWE's ending is pretty abrupt and flat but good flick nonetheless. But overall, it's a decent trilogy.

Does Sup Forums really decide whether or not it likes something based on its popularity on reddit, and some vague, ill-defined notion of perceived masculinity/political allegience with the right (regardless of whether the content in question has any political message at all)

cuz that's what I'm getting from this thread

Brawl, not crawl.

>what a 'bugman' is

shaun of the dead isnt funny, and I can apply everything youre saying to that movie

>3 times a day
that’s no bueno

>Does Sup Forums really decide whether or not it likes something based on its popularity on reddit, and some vague, ill-defined notion of perceived masculinity/political allegience with the right (regardless of whether the content in question has any political message at all)

this also explains Sup Forums love of Trump. they really just love how much all the people they hate, hate him

The World's End was good until they reached the whole alien invasion shit, that's where the movie lost me

I think the point is that wasn't compelling or enjoyable to watch.

If you reversed the dynamic and had them all fully on board with the pub crawl and getting into it, then with Nick Frost being the only grumpy git, it's way better.

hot fuzz is the only decent one in the bunch

hot fuzz > worlds end >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>pleb of the dead

literally every board on Sup Forums is composed purely of contrarians

seriously this. I was expecting a kitschy way of them escaping the town by the skin of their teeth but making a perfect getaway- instead the writers wrote themselves into a corner and made out with a horrible punch out with literally the ENTIRETY of civilization getting nuked because of their stupidity. That scene with the robots lecturing them about humanity was some of the most pukey writing I've ever seen, genuinely cringe-inducing

the world's end is not very fun or funny

really dont see whats so bad about the end of the movie. Its called the world's end, wtf did you expect?

t. marvel fanboy

I liked it

It seemed to me World's End was ironically pointing out that these two guys are way too old to be doing the '20s something guys who sit around, have shitty jobs, and don't do anything thrust into meaningful situations' but that didn't actually counter the fact that they were doing it anyway. It's the equivalent of making a joke in your clipshow episode about how much clipshow episodes suck and are an excuse to not do any work. Doesn't change the fact that they went ahead and did one.

it was remarkably ham-fisted, forced, and just poorly-done. That scene took place within 10 minutes of the movie's end, and they had absolutely no other means of closing it without rushing it

kinda true. it works as a deconstruction of the whole manchild archetype

How many of Anna Kendrick’s crevices did Edgar Wright lick clean?

I don't enjoy the narrative or the subject matter very much. So fucking what?

Hot Fuzz > Shaun > Worlds End

Shaun and Hot Fuzz are two of the best comedies ever, World's End is pretty meh

>If you're worried about me, don't be. I am here to tell you that Gary King is back on the horse.
>Whoa, whoa, you're back on the horse?
>No, I mean, I'm back on the bike.
>What's bike?
>What do you mean?
>What's bike stand for?
>Bicycle.
>I'm lost.
>Don't be.
>Okay.

what exactly is so funny about shaun of the dead? I like the other 2 but not that one

under that witch nose

tee bee h as someone now in his late 20s the only one I still enjoy is Hot Fuzz. I don't know what it is about Shaun, if I watched it too many times or what but it just comes off as grating now. It's weird because I used to love it.

Jurassic park > Lost world > Jurassic World >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jurassic park 3

I only saw World's End and didn't enjoy it

/thread

All they needed to do to make World's End good was make the dumbass android plotline more in the background and put a comedic spin on it with less sinister overtones. Like make it really obvious some of them are androids but everyone's oblivious or one of the characters notices but no one believes him, and they're harmless or something. I don't know why they decided to go all serious, it didn't pay off.

so, its fine when theres zombies everywhere in shaun but the androids you have some random problem with?