Is Samurai Jack a revival done right?

Is Samurai Jack a revival done right?

>same voice actors
>same artstyle
>same humour
>even with mako dead, genndy still wanted to emulate him instead of going for something different

I appreciate that they tried so hard to make it look like the original.

don't forget
>mostly same writers

It is.

I mean, it's still just started so you never know, but it seems to be exactly like it should.

felt just like an episode of the original series 2bh

>>even with mako dead

BUT WHO WAS PHONE?

For the last time, its not a revival, its a conclusion. If it proves successful, maybe it can be a revival of Genndy's other works.

>tfw conclusion to dexter's and symboinic titan
>tfw x over between the three shows
>tfw Stars Wars n/e because disney now

someone asked in the Q&A if this had opened the door to more projects with adult swim and he said yes. That's good enough for me honestly whether it means more SBT or something new.

>conclusion to dexter'
Dexter doesn't need a conclusion.

Yes.

In fact, it's probably the only example of a cartoon revival done right. Others never manage to hit all of the notes you listed.

this. it felt exactly like an episode written and animated back during the original run.

Except it is going for something different. Instead of having an episodic season, due to it being the last one they're dedicating its entirety in crafting one lengthy arc to close the tale of Jack.

Also what are the chances of the ending not being Jack killing Aku but rather just Jack finding a reason to live again and resuming his journey to save the world from Aku with renewed spirits?

Because this show has a soul

Reviving something to complete a story is going to lead to better results than reviving something popular to milk it.

>Is Samurai Jack a revival done right?
The fact that you're asking this question after literally ONE EPISODE proves that it is.

Ego Trip is the conclusion to Dexter.

>>same voice actors

There would be riots

or at the very least a shitstorm equal to the finale of The Legend of Korra.

Agreed, that's why I loved it. The magic is still 100% there.

The question isn't if Jack defeats Aku, it's if Jack dies in the process, or if even with stopping Aku, he's still unable to go back to the past.

Personally, I'm fully expecting a vague ending where he's walking into a bright portal, and it's left unclear if after the hard battle he's dying and with Aku defeated he's finally ready to move on to the afterlife, or if he is finally going to head home.

this is why I'm thankful the movie never happened

>jack kills aku
>empire falls apart, chaos everywhere
>jack becomes warrior-king to reestablish order

Did Jack look different in the flashback when he lost his sword?

>tfw we can never legally have a symbiotic titan continuation

Well it's less that they tried hard to make it look like the original and more that Genndy is still involved and it's his general art style.

what? why?

Wouldn't Jack need to go back to the past first to then defeat the future that is Aku?

It's a continuation why is this so hard for people to grasp?

I mean apparently they COULD get the rights back, but they'd have to pay back the money they got for writing it off

unless theres a massive resurgence in popularity, that ain't happening though

I'm expecting the reason as to why the Guardian originally denied Jack entry is that if Jack went to the past, the timeline where Aku won will still exist. So Jack needs to save this timeline before he can go back into the past and stop Aku there.

>same voice actors
Not all of them.

No. It's a revival done WRONG because it's exactly like the original.

Maybe I'm just too smart for this shit but consider the fact that Samurai Jack was cancelled for a fucking reason. When the nostalgia appeal runs out it'll just be dead again, like every other semi-decent revival that didn't accustom itself to the times.

>Jack becomes a dark king who rules with an iron fist.
>The reign never ended

>Maybe I'm just too smart for this shit but consider the fact that Samurai Jack was cancelled for a fucking reason.

Samurai Jack had 3 seasons in CNs prime time spot. That's fucking good no matter how you look at it.

>hen the nostalgia appeal runs out it'll just be dead again, like every other semi-decent revival that didn't accustom itself to the times.

The final season has 10 episodes. Do you really think even the people running on nostalgia fumes can't hold their attention for long enough to witness the finale of one of the most popular shows CN has aired?

As a standalone ep, discounting hype, I'd give the first revival ep maybe 7 or 7.5/10.
First and last action scenes were great if a tad bare on close combat animation (hope that comes back full swing with the sword).
Ep did feel a bit disjointed what with the jumping to the Daughters of Aku and initial confusion about the differing times between them (Jack is all within a couple of days, he regularly loses/replaces his looted gear and he retains everything from the first scene throughout, while the daughter narrative covers around two decades).
Animation quality was generally high with the odd blemish (Jack's midair rolling spin to avoid I think Scaramouche's initial scimitar strike and the time freeze at the end seem off to me, as well as his other midair flip seeming too rapid). Oh, and Jack's off-model head during the flashback to sword loss.
In the context of the entire revival, I was satisfied even going in at top hype, and I think future episodes will get better with intros out of the way and creators getting back into the swing. Especially with what that user said about Aku in ep2, it sounds fucking fantastic.
Oh. and dogfus got more screentime and emotion than I thought they would, which certainly fueled the flames of waifufaggotry. So that's great.