Is this gay kino?

Is this gay kino?

youtube.com/watch?v=Z9AYPxH5NTM

> ywn have your boipussy pounded by 6'5" adonis

>That last scene
Why did my heart skipped a bit there?

Have to wait for Armond White the kinosseur to confirm it, since this film's strength is more on the craft rather than story.

> an older man will never whisper romantic things to you while stroking your face

why even live?

I read that Armie Hammer stopped using twitter because he's mortified by this dancing scene and people made a meme of it and kept tweeting him with it

>it's another older man + young boy movie

Yawn. No thanks. "gay" movies suck.

Not really such a thing as gay kino. Not so long as the writers and directors are too hung up on sexual identity. Gimme a movie with a gay lead that deals with central themes other than sexuality and then we'll have a winner.

>ywn have a younger twink idolise and lust over you
Pete, i think it's time.

the thing about this movie is that the fact they are gay is not actually an issue. the only drama is that armies character is just there on vacation and so they have a very limited time together. no one gives them shit for it. no one has an issue with it. not even the fact that the kid is younger is shown as an obstacle.

>Story is the only thing that matters in reviewing a film
I bet you think "Style over substance" is a valid comment to say about a bad film

This is a Sup Forums wet dream

>Tfw I'll have to watch the shitty 480p screener

i share your pain. also the pain that homolust movies usually dont get into theaters in countries where screeners are made (china/russia/india etc) so god knows when one will actually turn up

>Not really such a thing as gay kino
>Gimme a movie with a gay lead that deals with central themes other than sexuality
Watch more movies mouth breather.

>Tfw no intelectual freshman bf when you're a grad student

You
just
know

it's a masterpiece

0/10

everyone is going on and on about the peach scene, but just how graphic is it? do they legit show his dick penetrating a peach or is it all implied and people are over reacting?

I was talking about the leaked Oscar DVD screeners, but yeah it's not coming to my country. At least not on the original US release date because of the hurricane.

it happens off camera so not explicit at all. He touches himself, notices a peach on the counter, fingers a hole into it, puts it below the camera frame, writhes around a bit then puts the peach back on the counter.

The part that's "explicit" is that the peach, in a very poetic way, starts to dribble a bead of semen. It's actually beautifully shot!

I was a bit underwhelmed since I was expecting a bit more than the slow burn romance that it is.
Acting was great and the end credit scene is definitely kino though.
I'm conflicted on the Stuhlbarg speech. It's a touching moment but it feels way too on-the-nose in an otherwise subtle movie.

Did Oliver eat it after that like in the book? And did the tummy pressing and shit watching made it in the film?

that's a shame to hear. there were a few audible sniffles in the screening I was at especially when he reveals his life could have gone very differently if he had such an experience as a child. I loved how accepting and lovingly paternal the scene was and how much care was put into capturing the performance in its entirety.

it made me a little heartsick, having never had a father as sensitive and open as he was.

t-that all happens? ... wew I guess I really should this homolust fanfi-uhhh I mean book.

How Oliver reacts is probably best saved for the movie. I would never spoil it. It's a great scene.

>tummy pressing and shit watching
unfortunately, no

Armie Hammer should've been cast as the young Han Solo tbqhfam

>that spoiler
What?

Read the book, it's not even that thick. It's so beautifully written and all of a sudden you have the NC-17 scenes, which are still written beautifully. I think there's even the audiobook narrated by Armie on Youtube

>I think there's even the audiobook narrated by Armie on Youtube
Just found it, thanks user.

I don't want to read the novel before watching the movie.

>mouth breather
what does this even mean as an insult

I don't. I prefer movies that actually take chances and do something I haven't seen before.

>forbidden romance movie about two gay cowboys who already have women
>somehow not just another movie about sexual identity

Really made me think.

Not even trolling. I legit don't see how other fags are all about these movies.

Yep. Sounds like pure, unadulterated kino to me. Might as well just show that video of miles pride fucking a watermelon and slap a Sundance logo on it.

>Sounds like pure, unadulterated kino to me.
Ah yes, the good old puritanical thinking of "it can't be artistic if it includes anything sexual/sensual". God bless the USA.

desu it's not a masterpiece because of the scene where Hammer tries to explain the etymology of 'apricot'

he's actually surprisingly convincing as an "intellectual adonis" but that scene was unforgivable

really though anyone who's dismissing this as typical critical darling homosexual navel-gazing is missing out. if you're not into slice-of-life atmospheric romances you won't enjoy it but it shouldn't be dismissed as a gay movie about being gay

Y'know, shit like this is the reason I love Sup Forums. You guys will actually argue the artistic value of a scene about a kid who plows a peach. I might think it's the stupidest stuff, but man. I wouldn't want it any other way.

That's the first reasonable review I've seen. That's definitely a problem for me. I'm not into slice-of-life gay stuff.

Then again, I'm still waiting for Hollywood to move on with the portrayal of gay characters in Western movies.

So they’re gonna give this Best Picture for being gay, right?

>Y'know, shit like this is the reason I love Sup Forums. You guys will actually argue the artistic value of a scene about a kid who plows a peach. I might think it's the stupidest stuff, but man. I wouldn't want it any other way.
I said that it CAN be artistic, depending on multiple factors. Dunno about this specific example though. I love you too user.

I love you too, fella. I'm just drunk and full of love right now.