BATMAN Unlikely To Begin Production Until 2018; Ben Affleck Announces Rehab For Alcohol Addiction

comicbookmovie.com/batman/the-batman-unlikely-to-begin-production-until-2018-ben-affleck-announces-rehab-stint-for-alcohol-addiction-a149628

Well, that's unfortunate.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uYgdoecq-PE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You kidding? This is a blessing. I don't know if I could take another sub-30% movie.

>BvS was so bad it made him an alcoholic

>a southie likes to drink a bit
huh.

Those fucking mouseshills are at it-

>reads article

What a world we live in.

If I was Ben Affleck I'd be an alcoholic too.

We all know the DCEU will be dead by Justice League, christ it drove Ben to alcoholism. Which to be fair, he should have known better what kind of commitment he signed up for. Once you take a superhero role, thats the only thing moviegoers want from you

But he's been a superhero before this and it didn't do this to him.

That was before superhero films became extremely big.

Not saying that they weren't big before, but now, it's gotten a bit excessive.

>co-parent
What?
Is this a new term?

It's white lingo for "baby mama"

Ah, I see what you mean.
My bad, user.
I really should have put more than 3 seconds of thought into your post before replying.

If I were talented, I'd edit one of those signs to say "GOD HATES THE DCEU"

This user summed it up perfectly for meWhen Ben was pushing his last movie (name is escaping me), about every interview he did had the question "So what about The Batman?".

God, I hope this crazy bastard actually goes through with another Batman movie. Can you imagine his meltdown if it gets bad reviews again?

i dont understand, he said hes completed rehab. fuck, i took the bait didnt i

The cherry on the top would be for Cassey Affleck to have a great movie again and be nominated for an Oscar.

I am right now imagining a crazed Affleck parading around the Warner Bros lot naked, throwing his own feces at people who try to get near him

Too bad there were no warning signs filming Batman V Superman.

goddammit

oh well it's not like anybody in the DCEU reads comics anyways

>caring about tomatoes

Rehab is fraud. Stanhope was right.
youtube.com/watch?v=uYgdoecq-PE

They aren't together but are able to be on friendly enough terms that they don't ruin the other parent for the child

>first Daredevil, now this
So will the third time be the charm? Will he get a redemption story like Reynolds, or will he swear off capeshit forever when he's done with Batman?

>Wb and the dceu drove him to alcoholism

this can't keep happening

I guess the BvS and Live by Night reviews were a bad one-two punch.

You one of those retards who enjoyed BvS and SS?

holy shit the dceu was so bad it made affleck an alcoholic

God Warner Bros cannot stop either fucking up big time or be plagued by the worst luck I ever seen, both at the same time.

WB didn't shove a bottle into his mouth.

okay mouseketeers, its not that the DCEU was bad that it made him drink; its that you fucks wouldn't stop berating him for even touching DC. Disney has enough money to make someone spiral into depression and apparently this isn't a problem

You'd be filthy rich and good looking though

Sucks for JL as well because now his performance will be viewed as "he was hammered on set every day" regardless of if it's the truth or not.

triggered

I thought Ben was a good Batman, its just a shame the script was shit and hes stuck doing this shitty universe. However hes only obligated to do The Batman, then hes free

Use this to your advantage and tell this story. Ben is already sort of in character.

I wish they'd let me write the script. As much as most of you will laugh at that I don't really give a fuck. I could write the fuck out of a batman script.

I'll do the obligatory

HYPERCRISIS

why do people it is mainly because of BvS? he was a sad piece of shit since Jennifer left him.

>rehab
Well that explains why he's been quiet about everything.

Most people don't, but it's still fun to say it is.

Ben is literally that guy from gone girl, no wonder he created a movie about woman hating

Mouseketeers are out in force. I guess Iron Fist flopping broke their brains.

Looks like SOMEBODY can't take a little banter.

Ben has all the reason in the world to climb into a bottle but all you're concerned with is calling people with different opinions shills. On top of BvS, which he had top billing on and assisted in the creative process alongside the writer who scored him a best picture Oscar, underperforming and flopping with critics and many fans (because it was shit, but that's neither here nor there). He also had to cope with gambling addiction, divorce and his other flop, Live By Night.

Then tack on the problems that alcoholism itself creates and it's a recipe for disaster. I feel horrible for the guy. Considering the amount of pressure he's been under from all sides, we should be glad he didn't get into something way worse. We could've woken up to another Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

But you don't care about that, do you?

Heh, bet the WB execs are getting wasted right now too. Cuz, ya know, they're freaking out.

You guys jump all over anything Marvel, then react like hurt little kids every time someone pokes fun at something you like.

At least we can agree when something Marvel is shitty. You guys put blinders on and pretend everything is fine, out of desperation and nostalgia.

So why did Batman fuck Affleck up so much he's getting a metric ton of cash and who cares if the movies shit he's Batman

No, I think they knew about this. In fact, this almost makes me suspect that this is why Ben dropped out of directing.

>You one of those retards who enjoyed BvS and the academy award winning SS?
Fixed.

because when you're already rich, having more money doesn't make you happy

Is this why he dropped out of directing?

His original excuse did sound like bullshit.

>red Batman pushes him into alcoholism in 2003
>grey Daredevil pushes him into alcoholism in 2017
LIKE POTTERY

IT RHYMES

The Waynecorp arms development, Bat-Power Armor...
mfw Bruce's transformation into Tony Stark is complete.

Well, he kinda doesn't want to be Batman. This was all to fund his personal projects and make nice with the heads of WB.

Live by Night flopping really put a hurt on that.

>money is happiness

Only lower income people think this. Having money fixes your financial problems, but it doesn't handle all the other baggage.

Bravo Snyder, the ultimate poetry

Flopping is putting it mildly.

>At least we can agree when something Marvel is shitty.

Gwenpool

I thought this was a movie thread.

Nobody is passionately defending Thor 2 or Iron Man 2.

Poor guy. He's looked tired in all of his appearances for a while now.

Gwen in general.

Marvelfags can acknowledge when something is shit, and we cant talk shit on Iron Fist properly yet because its not even released

Jennifer left him because of BvS.

> Reports say he would stumble in drunk some nights, after long nights of chugging cans and doing coke out of Gadot's rib-lines with Snyder and Mamoa. He'd have the dailies under one arm, and would dust of his old projector to show her.

>She says he hadn't done that since Jersey Girl.

>"At the end, I'd say, 'Ben, it's not as good as you think it is. Batman probably shouldn't kill, and the whole third act seems rushed.'"

>"One night I pleaded with him, begged him to come up to bed. To make love to me, like he used to in Daredevil."
>"No."
>"It's that horrible Mr Snyder, isn't it?"

>"Then he'd get angry." Garner confessed."Gone Girl angry".

kek

I'm pretty sure company wars on Sup Forums and Sup Forums didn't drive him to alcoholism.

>doubting the power of shitposts and recurring digits

Confound the DCEU! Oh, how I hate them!
I hate Man of Steel!
I hate Batman vs Superman!
And I hate Suicide Squad!
THEY DRIVE ME TO DRINK!

>DCEU needs an Iron Man so badly they are building Robert Downey Jr from scratch.

>IN A CAVE
>WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS

>When Ben was pushing his last movie (name is escaping me)
This only makes this post more funny.

In the MCU

Jesus look at how fucking brown that Robin costume is. And why the fuck is is holding an axe?

So glad we got LEGO Batman to call them out on this shit.

I like this satire. Keep it up.

He loves muslims. Let him burn.

Well since Reynold's dream role was Deadpool, and Affleck's was Batman...

>Disney owns this.

Oh god Ben Affleck! Things keep getting worse every month! Oh dear Jesus Ben Affleck

>and Affleck's was Batman
>DCfriends really, really believe this.

Still better to cry in a Porsche than in the subway.

>Well since Reynold's dream role was Deadpool, and Affleck's was Batman...
Affleck never auditioned for the part that went to Bale in Batman Begins, although Henry Cavill was one of the 8 actors who tried for it.
Face it, playing rubber-suit Batman was never' Ben's "dream".

OK even if it was true he hasn't done a proper Batman solo film. And at this rate the DCEU might die before he does.

But Kevin Smith said so. Kevin Smith wouldn't lie

People passionately defend Iron Man 3 and the stupid Mandarin thing

if i was ben affleck i wouldn't have fucked my kids babysitter

jennifer garner is still pretty hot.

He's never auditioned for Batman, and in fact refused the role in BvS the first time they went and offered it to him.
Maybe he's a fan of comic Batman, i dunno.
But he's certainly never been enthusiastic about playing live-action Batman.

First Hillenburg and now Ben Affleck. Stan must be dying for real to pull all this shit at once.

Yeah, all those Iron Man 3 threads this month...so tiresome. I can't believe we've had 3 solid years of Iron Man 3 defense threads. wtf.

I can't believe Zack Snyder literally drove Ben Affleck to alocholism.

Not sure what made more threads, Iron Man 3 or Man of Steel?

It's funny because the DCEU is really easy to meme on.
>mom's gonna freak
>martha
>academy award winning film
>zod's neck
Like, there's Quiptron and Dance off, bro but neither were this level of awful. The Leto shit was easily the worst cape related thing the past year.

I would be an alcoholic too if my wife waited til a week after the prenuptial expired then filed for divorce.

>Use this to your advantage and tell this story. Ben is already sort of in character.
>I'll do the obligatory
>HYPERCRISIS

>Gimme a beer.
>What kind?
>Mild.
>Mild?!?

Do you think it was sitting in a screening of the final theatrical cut of Justice League that broke him?
With LBN and JL, he stands to lose all Hollywood credibility while his personal life crumbles?

I hope Gadot's pussy was worth it.