Is it possible that CN could end within the next decade...

Is it possible that CN could end within the next decade? They're ratings have been plummeting each year for the consecutive five years. Their communications with their creators seems to be getting worse and worse. They're burning off shows at a rapid pace with no solid plan to replace them. They're merchandising is piss poor. They're trash with their stream services and it results in leaks, early releases that ruins bombs, or just flat out doesn't work for most people.

They aren't Nickelodeon, they don't really have a flagship show to fall back on anymore. AT is going to end and TTG is short term success. Are they going to crash if they can't keep up with streaming competition?

As long as Samurai Jack ends in a satisfying fashion, I really don't give a damn. They had a good run while it lasted, and I don't really watch CN cartoons anymore.

It's still doing fairly well outside the US.

im going to need a source for all of that.

Look at their ratings on Wikipedia of all their shows the last five years and see the steady decline. Or their terrible scheduling for how it's been 95% TTG and then they bomb through episodes in a month or two for their shows. Or how Sugar has admitted that the leaks and bombs have affected SU's ratings. Or how CN split SU and UG's seasons in half to count it as two separate seasons without anyone's knowledge until it was revealed. Or how they said Uncle Grandpa was renewed for another season when really, they just split the season and counted that as a new one and laid the previous team off.

Most of these stories can be easily found on CartoonBrew or just google them. I'm not going to spoonfeed you a dozen links because you haven't been paying attention.

I have an idea for a cartoon about three gay-acting 10 year old boys. They believe walking to the toilet is a waste of time, so they just pee their pants whenever they need to go.

This

Who cares about CN, any hope of it being good again is zilch. At least Nick is trying but failing. CN isn't even trying.

This is true, their ratings are going down, but this is true for most traditional tv networks, everyday, more & more people are shifting into internet streaming services like netflix n shit

No. At worst they get a name change but you're a fucking fool to think it'll ever close down

There needs to be several studios producing cartoon content to ensure the cartoon ecosystem remains healthy and competitive. No competition = lower quality.

And with media being so focused on games and YouTube 'personalities', the possible audience is shrinking beyond what even one lone network could sustain itself on.

A decade? A decade is long enough for ANY network to end. Much less a third-tier 60th-channeled like Cartoon Network. All it takes is another Boston Bomb scare to happen on a bad fiscal year.

>CN has existed all these years
>Still no [as] network
Defend this Turner.

Go away zerbu, we know it's you. Your fucking Sims characters will never be a cartoon.

Call me an autistic reddit fag, but what the studio needs is more content in the same vein as Rick and Morty. It can be a comedy show filled with assholes, but at least make the assholes mildly likeable.

TTG is full of assholes, but they have to rely on the previous cartoon to get anyone to care about them. Add in the hyperactive screaming and random words flashing on the screen, coupled with 'plots' that make no sense even from within the show, Rick and Morty plots may be ridiculous, but at least they have some level of internal consistency. Blue aliens can kill eachother over their nipples and Rick and the devil can go into a business competition- but it makes sense in context and thus can be explained to bystanders. TTG is just colors and noise even with 'context'.

Adult Swim is considered it's own network. It replaces Cartoon Network when it airs. Plus they've got a bunch of streaming channels now so a broadcast channel isn't really needed.

This way two channels can occupy the same space and theoretically get more viewers. Cartoons during the day for kids, Adult Swim at night for adults.

Then adult swim takes over full time and everyone's happier

Boomerang is also getting a streaming service.

>Cartoon-Network-Original-LOGO.png
what is this berenstein shit?

I don't watch CN anymore so I could care less if they go under although I highly doubt it. They will just sell it before it tanks and the me owner won't know wtf to do with it and it eventually just die like g4tv

Rick and morty is a good show, but it's a soapbox in the same vein as steven universe etc. People call it a reddit show the same way they may call something a tumblr show.