Why are there no Hollywood movies about Byzantine Empire?

Why are there no Hollywood movies about Byzantine Empire?

I don't care if they portray Muslims as dindus, someone should make movies about the true Imperium Romanium

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aelia_Eudoxia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Normies have no idea what the Byzantine Empire is. They have a little familiarity with Classical Rome.

>Having Muslim enemies is probably not something Hollywood wants to touch.

>Do Greeks count as (((diverse)))? Is it a problem if they aren't casting Greeks?

Kingdom of Heaven close enough?

Nah that movie is supposed to be about crusaders. And it's a bad movie

I want Mel to make a movie about the siege of Constantinople

>he's a byzaboo

I want a historical buddy comedy about Swedish mercenaries going apeshit in Constantinople all Hangover style.
Really I just want more historical comedies. They're never going to make accurate movies, so they might as well make funny ones.

Sell me on the Eastern Roman empire. I know next to nothing. Tell me what's interesting about it.

kek this meme is pervasive

while rome was suffering the invasions of the eternal german the eastern part remained a bastion of civilization and learning until the turks bamboozled them

>g*rmanic
kek

>yfw Venetocuks get to live in a corrupt meme-country while their identity and language gets gradually eroded away in favor of Tuscan "Italian" while their famous wealth is carted off to terroni
>Greeks have their own state and are proudly independent

But what did they do that made interesting? What are their achievements, big names, big battles, what did they do? Ancient Rome has an aesthetic, a feel: glory, power, decadence, splendour, mysticism, but what's Byzantium's thing? You need to sell it like you can sell Ancient Rome. The core, key, instantly recognizable feelings and features.

they had sick oiled beards

Their greatest leader was a literal whore

I dont understand why do Westerners have such a fetish on Byzantine Empire all of a sudden? Dont you guys hate Orthodox Christianity because of big bad scary Russians and consider it heretical anyways?

Well they had the chariot races. Other than that, it just seems like it was a multicultural shithole. Might be a good setting for an assassins creed game

We wuz romans

Why are there no Hollywood movies about Real Roman Empire?

I don't care if they portray Greeks as fags, someone should make movies about the true Imperium Romanium

If Byzantium survived today and/or their church was still dominant in ME you retards would still shit on them for being brown and different and shit.

idk anything about the byzantines but they perfected fashion all those years ago and we've only been straying further from perfection ever since

>when you gotta go bash a turks head in and u tell ya nigga to hold ya skirt, cant get blood on these fine silks ya heard

Utter lies, Byzantium was a mess of corruption and incompetence.

Kinda like Gondor

Bulwark of Western Civilization and standing against all odds for another thousand year

Byzantium has a lot more in common with Arabia than with Rome. They WERE the dindus.

Eh, Byzantium wasn't really known for glorious battles or decadence.
They were mostly known for academics, law, philosophy, science, etc. Stuff that doesn't make for exciting movies.
They did have quite a lot of political intrigue and backstabbing, though. So much so that we still refer to complicated conspiracies as Byzantine Plots.

You don't even know what 'Western Civilization' is, apparently.

they could do what troy did and cast a bunch of mexicans to play trojans/greeks.

Christendom is probably better in that context.

yeah the roman empire and christianity aren't western

They did actually take back a big chunk of Mediterranean Europe and North Africa and held it for about two centuries.

>white Christian society
>imperialism
>Muslim adversaries
>Jews could be executed for owning Christian slaves
Gee I wonder why

this

>until the turks bamboozled them
You mean until the fourth crusade sacked Constantinople and the turks finished the job.

The Jews hate and fear the Greeks because they are onto their tricks.

>holy
>roman
>empire

>Why are there no Hollywood movies about Byzantine Empire?
No audience. Americans can barely stomach Medieval age movies because there was no America and need modern age sensibilities inserted. Europeans generally don't care about that part of the world. Greeks are too small and bound to complain about historical inaccuracy Turks will be livid if the movie portrays Byzantines positively and them negatively. Chinks definitely won't care. The only ones who might see it and like it are Russians.

The only guy who would really do it justice

They never do anything with the Byzantines there. Shit movie anyway.

No one wants to make a movie about how Byzanites were crushed and wiped out of existence after repeated losses.

It doesn't need to be about that? Though just focusing on the Fall of Constantinople could be pretty cool.

Here's one life I'd put to film
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aelia_Eudoxia