Who here /hates capeshit but is hyped for Infinity War/?

Who here /hates capeshit but is hyped for Infinity War/?

>hates capeshit

Sure you do OP. Someone who hates capeshit has no fucking clue what an infinity war is. And most definitely is not hyped over it.

It's going to be an absolute fucking mess. Way, way too many fucking characters. Both installments will need to be at least three hours or more long. It's going to be confusing and exhausting. It's the movie they're leading up to, the true proper event. Two Avengers movies have had trouble making use of all their characters, what makes anything think they're going to handle everyone in that poster well? It'll focus on Captain America and Iron Man, everyone else will be pure background characters. All these other movies have been for naught. They exist for one or two moments in their entirety. Absolute mess.

At least 80% of those characters will just have a few lines and do stuff in action scenes.

>almost no lines
Falcon, Groot, Mantis, SW, Bucky, Hawkeye
>a couple lines
Widow, Panther, Hulk, Drax, Spider-Man, Rocket, Vision
>actual main characters
Cap, Tony, Strange, Thor, Star-Lord, Thanos

>Someone who hates capeshit has no fucking clue what an infinity war is
Lol this person does not exist

Bucky and Spider-Man will definitely have prominent roles but otherwise I agree.

Spider-Man will have the same screentime like he did on Civil War.

i thought it was out and looked the same as all the other FPSs now. Or was that advanced war.. warfare? oh infinity ward is the dev.? ? ..what is this about?

Depends on how much they tie him to Cap/Tony I guess. I expect they won't do much with that.

>I hate capeshit
>goes to every movie on opening night
Sure thing Paki

He only had limited screen time in CW because he was shoved in last second.

yeesh, i was digging the upper half of this poster but everything below Hulk looks way too clustered and shitty. I get they have to show everyone but, there has to be a better way of showing the rest of the cast.

two part movie, 2 hours each.
a manchild can dream

I don't know. I just read that it is confirmed for him to not appear too much since there are too many characters. They really said he has the same screentime like he did on CW.

>assemble one last time

sure, disney

all I want to see is Hulk and Groot teaming up to smash some grunts

you don't hate capeshit
someone who hates capeshit has never seen any superhero movies and doesn't care if a new one comes out
why not instead of lying you just say you are excited for infinity war?

How many characters does this have compared to the X-Men movies? Are there really that many more? Obviously they aren't all getting equal screen time.

He said he hates capeshit. Marvel is capekino.

>9000000 movies later
>nothing as good as Donner superman, Burton Batman , Raimi Spider-Man or (first two) Nolan Batman movies
Why is that? Honest answers only please

>Raimi Spider-Man
>good

so i understand how Dr. Strange is going to be important since his magic is beyond what literally everyone else in the MCU is capable of, and i also understand how having a big strong guy like Hulk, and Thor too now that he has his Ragnarok power up, but how the fuck is anyone else relevant?

All those have aged poorly also. Only the 60's Batman holds up because it doesn't take itself seriously and embarrasses the cheesiness of being capeshit.

It makes more sense in action, besides you need some people to clean up mooks.

I'm not hyped but I'm more than a bit curious. Everybody knows that the gravy train can't run forever, so is it going to slowly roll to a stop, or is it going to derail in spectacular fashion?

>aged poorly
Almost got me

you are seriously in denial aren't you

Holy shit this is absurd. So many characters. It's gonna feel so fucking clustered. Like did they really make full blown movies to give these characters maybe one line in this cluster fuck? (Ie antman)

Also
>assemble one last time
>2 part movie
K

>tfw the last film i went to opening night was the bourne ultimatum

>Raimi Spiderman

Holy fucking shit. I can not believe people are actually starting to buy into the Sup Forums meme that those were good. Wow.

Does your theatre not have a no singles policy? Wow. You better enjoy that while it lasts.

I think that poster even leaves out some

The real mess is going to be if disney gets the rights to the X men and Fantastic Four, you just know they will delay it all so they can shoot infinity war parts 3, 4, 5 and 6 so they can shove them ALL into the whole thing.....

>Russo Brothers trying to direct cosmic shit better than Gunn, or even coherently
Nope.

>the whole movie will be 2 hrs of people just making cameos and having one or two lines

So... how much is this movie going to cost? It's gonna have to be a shitload right? We are talking setting a record that will take forever to top right? How much do you guys think?

>Implying they aren't already planning something twice the size of Infinity War for a decade from now
If they get Fox get ready for some Galactuskino

SW will kill Thanos.

Gunn has input on the cosmic shit.

They should probably lead the story up to the second Infinity War (IW2) movie and then take a break, but they're not going to do that as they have a Spiderman 2 and GotG 3 movie planned after IW2. They probably know what they're doing considering they've got themselves this far, but I personally would take a year or two break and then start building up again.

The first two movies were great, they captured the camp of SM perfectly and Dafoe was GOAT as the Green Goblin.

Believe me, I just want a really good Dr. Doom. I want him to chew through the scenery and be campy as shit and quip with Tony and Strange.

If they manage to get XM and FF, they will wait for phase 4, 5, and 6 to build up for either Civil War II OR Avengers vs X-Men

>Raimi Spider-Man
My sides!

It's going to be an amazing clusterfuck of quips. can you imagine what would happen if it bombed somehow. It could take the whole movie industry with it

Problem is, how old will some of these actors be by then? CGI will only get them so far. Can you imagine a 60 year old RDJ being all spry and quippy? And im sorry, but theres no fucking way they can just replace the actor in that situation, he IS Tony Stark.

Think it will hit $500 mil?

If Marvel gets Fox they'll make Doom the new Loki and Galactus the new Thanos or they're hopeless in terms of making compelling villains.

They're shooting both movies together, and the planned budget is 500 million for both.

Honestly, as long as Galactus isnt a fucking cloud this time, id be fine with them making him a bit of a jokester. I mean how can you do a giant guy as big as a galaxy wearing a purple spandex outfit and a hokey giant horn helmet and take it super seriously?

$500 mil combined or each? God damn. Spending 1 Bil on these movies.

And isnt 400 million of the entire budget going to RDJs paycheck?

Iron Man, Cap, Nick Fury and probably Thor are out after Avengers 4. We will see a differnt team, the same way James Gunn said that after GotG3 the line up will be totally different.

I still doubt Disney is going to buy Fox. That was a power play, a way to say "look, we could buy your whole movie division if we wanted to."
I could see Fox renegotiating the FF rights, but they have entirely too much X shit in the works to give that up.

Together, not each.
200 million, yeah. Literally 40% of the budget goes to RDJ.

Last I had read, it was 200 PER MOVIE.

Oh. Okay well I guess that's not that bad. Especially when you consider that fucking justice league cost $300 mil and if they are really spending that much just on RDJ. Why is he so expensive for them? Surely he will never be in another film if that's how much it costs to cast him.

He doesn't need to be in another one.

RDJ and Jackson will still show up as a side character because it's easy money and what else does they have to do these days?
Evans and Hemsworth will definitely bounce, they're still youngish and don't want to get shoe horned into one franchise forever.

So is part of GOTG3 gonna be introducing the new cast and handing the torch off to them?

Because he launched the franchise and is its most identifiable star, so he can ask for whatever he wants.

Yeah I get that. I figured he wasn't gonna be doing marvel after infinity war. But how is he costing them so much yet none of the other actors are? Also how does he plan on getting into other projects if that's the kind of price tag he thinks he commands? Unless of course he doesn't plan on being in anything else.

Sounds quite utopian

Not him, but I thought they locked these guys up into contracts which avoided that very thing. Did he not get into one?

Am I blind? Where's antman

He negotiated a really good deal and signed the papers before the studios knew how big the MCU was going to be.

*breathes in*

Probably, They will introduce Adam Warlock for sure and maybe Nova. Also remember we had Stallone team too.

>yfw you realize Star Wars is what is going to take over for Marvel once the infinity war story is done with

The new SW trilogy just exsists to set up the expanded SW universe. Literally phase 1.

Contracts undergo renegotiation all the time. He renegotiated his after IM1 broke the bank, which lead to a pay cut for Terrance Howard and Don Cheadle stepping in.
I can't say for sure, but he's probably renegotiated after that as well. He's the MCU's golden calf.

SW expanded universe is already a thing, even in the current canon there's a bunch of comics, books, 2 TV shows, a side film, games. The new trilogy looks more like to solidify the upcoming Disney streaming service.

Evans and Hemsworth will go on to do a couple rom coms, maybe an action movie or two, will realize they arent making the "fuck you money" and will come crawling back. I have a good feeling about that.

I highly doubt RDJ is looking for any new projects. Remember, his career was nearly dead before Iron Man and he still has a bit of a reputation in Hollywood.
He's got a meal ticket with the MCU and he'll use it as long as he can.

They're contracts all involve 3 solo movies and 3 avengers movies. RDJ wasn't supposed to do anything beyond that but they keep throwing money at him to get him to do more. Cap 3 and Spiderman weren't part of his contract but Marvel is desperate to get him to star in everything possible because he makes them money.

Yeah they have them. But so does Marvel. But it's not popular to the masses really. I really get the vibe that after this trilogy they want to try and set SW up like they did with Marvel. Stuff like the Han Solo and Rouge one prequels kind of makes me think it's more likely. They are going to be using all their series to push their streaming service. They are gonna want everyone to be using that shit.

Disney are not afraid to make it a near 3 hour movie in two parts. The reason JL suffered was because studio execs have no faith in the people making the movies.

The sad thing is they aren't making that much money they make between 7-11M per movie, I know it's good money but A-listers usually make 20-40M.

Unless they're just throwing their money away they should already have fuck you money. I'm not sure about Hemsworth but Chris Evans seems to genuinely like acting and wants to do more.

The Disney streaming service is also apparently going to be at least half the price of netflix, so don't be surprised if they start just throwing disgusting amounts of money at it.

>assemble one last time
so this is the final capeshit movie?

3 hours x 2 that is

They already showed him prominently in the trailer so I don't see why he would be a minor role.

It's two parts. And they mean assemble one last time as in, these characters are all assembling one last time. After this they are gonna move onto different characters.

Literally nobody

>Assemble one last time

We can only hope

Hemsworth's turn around will be a lot quicker. I feel like his non-Marvel career peaked with Rush. Everything after that has fallen pretty flat.
Evans hasn't really had a big hit outside of comics movies yet, so he'll still want to branch out.

What could you possibly even be hyped about for this piece of shit?

I ATE BABIES

The MCU was the biggest thing to happen to cinema since Hollywood, I hope you all realize that

Guardians 3, Ant-Man 2, more Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, Black Panther.

what powerup did thor get?

>Surely he will never be in another film if that's how much it costs to cast him.
The man is literally the face of Iron Man. It would be like killing off Walter in Breaking Bad before the series finale, killing Rick in The Walking Dead, or replacing J. K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson. You just don't do it.

He sperged out when his sister started choking him and he unlocked the power of lightning inside him

Why every capeshit thread people manages to find the worst fan poster as possible to create a thread?

He doesn't need his hammer anymore.

The hammer was inside of him all along.

The thing that is kind of annoying is that a lot of people that are hating on this movie think for some reason that this movie is obligated to show equal amounts of screen time and development for every single character that is put into it. When they never promised or implied that so when the movies come out and lo and behold some characters get more of a role while others have more of a bit role people are going to flame it for an expectation they made up in their head

This is exactly what I was thinking.

So long as Infinity war and its sequel are a solid bookend "THE END" to the MCU as we know it now, I'll be satisfied. I know that between the two, there's Ant-Man and Wasp and Captain Marvel, but both of those are likely to take place way in the past to give some more exposition before the Infinity war situation.
What really, REALLY scares me though is the fact that Guardians 3 and Spiderman 2 are slated for after Avengers 4. In a perfect world, I would assume that these are just going to be epilogue type movies, Guardians to send off the cosmic and mystical side of the MCU and Spiderman to send off the Earth-based, human side of the MCU, and give us one last hurrah with all the characters that make it out of Infinity war.
But, if it means what I fear it means, and they plan to have the MCU carry on, business as usual, after Infinity War, with a sizeable cast of characters six feet under, then in my opinion that would just kill any and all prestige that the MCU held, and show that they are truly dedicated to just shoveling out movies for money. A lot of you will probably say that that's how it's always been, but for the last 10 years the MCU has been on a straight path towards one direction, with constant hints and callbacks to build up the hype around what's about to happen. They take plenty detours, sure, but all the movies with the main avengers tell a very definite storyline that has a distinct beginning, distinct middle, and I hope will have a distinct end.

>Two Avengers movies have had trouble making use of all their characters
Difference is, these next two movies are getting rid of something the last two had...

>So long as Infinity war and its sequel are a solid bookend "THE END" to the MCU as we know it now, I'll be satisfied
It's a good thing that people with a functioning brain know Disney of all companies isn't going to just end it with the Avengers movie. If you expect them to actually stop without a DC level failure movie after movie you're delusional.