Logan

The gore didn't bother me but Charles swearing so much triggered me hard.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_xyGvpLOZ1Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>muh edgy new-age superhero flick
wew lad

>the contrarian threads are already underway

It'll get to the point where Batman & Robin is secretly the deepest most meaningful kino of the '90s. You've been warned, Sup Forums.

Grow some fucking balls, pussy.

My saying that with love and respect.

goddamn i hate posts like this I really do, people are allowed to think differently than you you fucking autist

I'm really getting sick of the faggots that fucking defend this movie as if it's the greatest thing ever. it was good. not even fucking great. stop being emotional little faggots just cause "muh not-wolverine for 17 years". you people rip BvS a fucking movie that came out a year ago to this day. if you want to suckle this shits dick go into one of your comfy threads.

Charles swearing was one of many problems i had with this movie.

The gore didn't bother me but the audience yelling OH SHIT any time someone got stabbed triggered me hard.

>I'm really getting sick of the faggots that fucking defend this movie as if it's the greatest thing ever.

It was

>swearing triggered you
>not the fact he was a senile old man, and Logan kept him alive despite that

>he's never had a loved one get dementia and curse him out for being in their home.

good for you m8

The key word here being "think". These people are just being contrarian, which requires no original thought whatsoever.

Take your "epic and gritty" capeshit to Sup Forums faggot.

I felt that a lot of Charle's swearing could have been cut out. Specifically in the beginning when he's telling Logan to fuck off and suck a dick or something along those lines. Everywhere else it seems at least appropriate to the scenes. They showed Logan massacre some cholos not five minutes into the movie, I don't think we need Charles' swearing so much to remind us that this is indeed an R-rated film.

>the rambling
Why did they laugh guys? It wasnt funny;-;

But Charles saying "that's fucking albino" is the best Charles

haven't been around many old people with Alzheimer's have you? They drop f-bombs more than a pirate in the marine corp

And I'm sick of people defending the heaping sacks of shit that were SS and BvS so I guess we're both sick of something

Just ignore all cape film threads on Sup Forums. These contrarian cocksuckers will take anything "fresh" even if it means its a fresh heaping pile of shit.

>The Last of Us: X-Men Edition
>MUH DAUGHTERFU!!!!
>hella epik

I don't care if you like DC, Marvel, or Fox, if you're not some retard that likes CW you can't discuss a goddamn thing on this site. And they only discuss CWshit because King Shark showed up this one time. Fuck.

It was appropiate to show you how much he has deteriorated.
Plus old bitches with dementia swear like sailors.

That's fair, and maybe at the time I just didn't really get how bad it was. I assumed when he was swearing he was in a lucid state, but then again he was pretty much fucked until he met Laura.

He got older. Old people don't give a shit.

>The gore didn't bother me but Charles swearing so much triggered me hard.
[american morality intensifies]

CWshit really is unbearable, and it never fails to amaze and dishearten me how much people like it here.

It's not accurate to the comics and was put in to up the rating/make casuals feel like the movie was "not like those OTHER movies".

Cry more.

Provided care for my grandfather into his mid-90s, and while he didn't have Alzheimer's I can also attest that the language filter was pretty much gone at that age. Piss him off and he'd let the expletives fly, and didn't care who heard him.

What are you gibbering about? I'm mocking OP for being cool with gore but being scared by swearing like a stereotypical american you muggy fucking burgershart cunt.

Can also confirm, but it doesn't start at that age. My 68 year old grandma straight up told my girlfriend she had an inferiority complex.

>you people rip BvS
Because it's a shit movie. It's cool if you didn't like Logan because of the way it tackled the source material but it's unfair and ultimately disingenious to compare it to BvS as if they're both on the same level. With Logan you can see the director's vision truly come to life, the visuals are beautiful, the pacing is perfect, the story in not only coherent but emotionally powerful, etc. BvS is a clusterfuck, whether you want to blame Snyder and Goyer's lack of understanding of the source material, their general incompetence or maybe even executive meddling is up to you. But the difference in execution between these two films is clearly evident, not to mention how Logan does what BvS attempted to do. It tackles complex thematic concepts like the longing for familial bonds with subtly whereas BvS bludgeons you over the head with bible quotes to make sure the viewer understands that Superman is like Jesus.

It's cool to dislike Logan but to compare it to such an inferior movie just in terms of production and execution is a bit unfair and only hurts your argument.

But BvS was awful. Wolverine is supposed to be edgy and kill people. Superman and Batman, not so much (okay Batman is supposed to be a little edgy).

This movie will be forgotten in a month. Suicide Squad and BVS will be remembered.

Why is this?

I thought Patrick Stewart was in better shape than that

People enjoy a quality meal but the memory fades over time. However, if someone were to eat literal shit, that memory would stick with them for a long time.

>people have the right to have an opinion but have no right to call opinions retarded

Fuck off.

He reminded me of McAvoy Xavier rather than Stewart Xavier which makes a kind of sense. McAvoy was a rich, confidant man that abused his powers to hit on chicks at the bar. After his injury he grew more responsible because he had to. With the death of the X-men, the end of mutants and his own mental illness he no longer had to be Professor Charles Xavier, beacon of hope and could revert to Charles Xavier.

Motherfucking this.

I hate how BvS defenders act like the movie is some great unappreciated masterpiece that needs deciphering to truly understand. It's a piece of fucking shit.

Xavier acted exactly like an 80-90 year old man. Having babysat one for three years, I can attest that X was the most realistic character in the whole movie.

>I didn't get it so I'm angry

no one is angry tho. If you enjoyed the movie and thing that you "got" something that most people didn't understand than feel free to explain. Meme texting doesn't help anyone, I'd like to understand why you enjoyed it.

Thirded. I thought they were just memeing because they were so ridiculously hype that BvS would be the first capekino and then just stayed in denial when it fell on its face. Then Logan happens and it actually is kino and bada-fuckin-bing they're still pretending bvs is anything but a cashgrab by an action movie director who thinks he's way deeper than he actually is.

>inb4 an autistic chart explaining all of the hamfisted and badly executed "themes"

>then Logan happens and it actually is kino

You wish.

It's no fun trying to troll u when you are this way.

Glad I wasn't the only one who saw this.

He probably lost weight for the role.

It's the only capekino there is.

It wasn't very good but I actually did enjoy the hamfisted themes. I didn't even dislike "edgy" superman just kinda the execution of everything else.

Also fuck you autistic post-ironic charts are the best.

We tend to place a special focus on remembering horrific tragedies and atrocities as a society.. 9/11, Pearl Harbor, the Alamo, etc.

Yea he was in very good shape for this past season of Blunt Talk. Or very good for a 70+ year old

HAHA I SAY BAD WORD
SO EDGY
I MAKE THE R RATING HAHA
BUY MY PRODUCTS!

Unbreakable
Birdman

BVS IS KINO
GROW UP ALREADY

Should've clarified that I was strictly talking about adaptations.

As far as movies about superheroes in general there are four capekino movies.

it's actually quite fitting.

he's old and his mental health is deteriorating while already being at a point where he gets random seizures. add to that that he has been living in confinement, is drugged to hell and back and when he isn't under the effects of meds is struggling with his failing mind and memories and you'd expect him to not be the composed and calm charles he once was.

shit the guy sees a grand total of 2 people for god knows how many years now, after having founded a whole school, part of which he apparently killed himself. the least you'd be is a bitter old man. that he's still able to be mostly nice at all given the world they live in is already impressive.

I know what my 4th is, what is yours?

Epic! XD

See you back on r/DC_CINEMATIC!!!

Mystery Men.

Ehhhhh....I love the movie, but it really doesn't rise above the camp of Batman's 60's movie.

I'd take The Incredibles family story over Mystery Men's hijinks.

>Logan is buried in the Canda-US border

it still bother and pleases me how much better of an ending for the chracter this is than the comic versions.

I'm gonna wait till Incredibles 2 to agree with you.

Nothing the sequel does or doesn't do will affect my appreciation for the original.

"Show me."
Has a superhero movie villain had a better line?

>that moment when Buddy's shit got real.

>Frank Miller's The Spirit
>not the 1987 one
why

1. It's a tv movie
2. It's not on blu ray

Ooooh, makes sense. I think it was a DVD release I've read about.
Still
>Frank Miller's The Spirit
why

My grandma had Alzheimer's and she'd say crazy shit like asking me if I knew what a nigger is, and that I better know what a nigger is and she didn't care who heard.

Still waiting on Blu Rays of
Punisher (Lundgren)
Supergirl
Steel
Blankman
maybe one or two I am forgetting.
Probably a cold day in hell before WB reminds anyone that Steel and Supergirl exist tho.

The Spirit is hardly the worst cape/comic movie I own.

Well, do you?

Logan was great overall but the effects went downhill fast with the last fight scene, especially when the kids killed the robot arm guy, looked awful.
And evil logan's head blowing up from a single bullet when good logan took several of those back in origins and only lost some memories.

The R-rating was legit earned though.

She died as she was just about to tell me so now I guess I'll never know.

X-24 was literally a cheap Mexican knockoff, there was only enough real adamantium to give Laura claws (and no skeleton).
The stuff reinforcing X-24 was likely the same substandard stuff comic Ultron uses for his knockoffs.

>Punisher (Lundgren)
Actually a decent 80s action movie.
>Supergirl
>Steel
I think I've only seen VHS or TV rips on the net, fair enough. There was a cheap Supergirl movie DVD for sale some years ago in my country, so maybe not fully forgotten?

Proto Adamantium (comic Cap's shield)>True Adamantium (Logan's skelly) > Lesser Adamantium (a lot of later villains).

You can't coat a child's skellington in metal or you'd fuck with her growth and all sorts of other unhealthy things.
The claws are fine but besides the chest harpoon and one gunshot she didn't get beaten at all, only logan got any action.

Isn't cap's shield vibranium?

Abstracts or Gauntlet Thanos and the like can break Proto-adamantium.
Odin and other Dimensional rulers (and Antarctic Vibranium) can fuck up True Adamantium.
Hulk and Thor can smash Lesser Adamantium.

Mexican Wolverine was almost certainly made with the latter.

only in the movies.

It's Adamantium-Vibranium alloy in the comics.

I laughed out loud, great reply user.

He was old, broken, and senile.
90 years old, slowly dying, he accidentally killed all the X-Men while having a senior moment, and now he was forced to live in the desert with only an albino for company.

He's clearly just fucking tired man. You see him return to that calm and collected Xavier when he's in his element. It's meant to convey that time has changed and Charles isn't who he once was.

No you see the difference is Logan is one of the greatest comic book films of all time while BvS is one of the worst.
That's why people tend to celebrate one and shit on the other, you see.

wait, did current 616 retcon Cap's shield from being a vibranium/adamantium composite?

>People actually believing the BvS falsefagging poster

THIS
H
I
S

It's a vibranium steel alloy with an unknown third component. Adamantium was based off of it.

>yfw Logan had a more inspiring ending, a more likable protagonist, and a stronger message of hope and family than a fucking Superman movie
>yfw out of all the Batman movies we've had in the past decade, the one that understands him the best is about LEGO people skirting around latent homosexual undertones
>yfw the only good thing to come out of the DCEU will be the fucking Aquaman movie, like an Entourage joke made real

>I did it 35 minutes ago
Nah but for real Incredibles is a top-tier cape movie.

I had to refresh my memory on this:
The original round shield is iron/vibranium/? alloy that creates an utterly indestructable metal, sometimes referred to as Proto-Adamantium.

Attempts to reproduce this by the same scientist without Vibranium resulted in True Adamantium, the stuff used by Weapon X.

There's a weaker, easier and cheaper to produce version of Adamantium calld "Secondary Adamantium" which was used by Ultron-6.

>the audience
You had it easy. The guy yelling 'OH SHIT' in my theater was my friend that I brought with me.

3 goddamn times.

Yeah, the first time the Professor shows up I was holding back them feels hard, and got upset that some people were laughing at his ramblings. I had knew absolutely nothing about the film going-in, so it was pretty shocking and sad to see him in that state.

The movie is pretty good. My one regret from the whole experience was not going by myself. Fuck letting my girlfriend see me crying to a superhero movie.

I'm so happy I only had gasps and the occasional soft "oooh...", it actually kinda enhanced things (mainly because shit was dead silent during scenes like the eulogies and Xavier's "perfect night" speech).

I watched a clip from a camrip of a spanish-language dub and the audience literally started hooting and chanting when he came sprinting in to save the kids at the end, it really makes you realize there's much worse places to watch movies than in Clapistan.

Secondary Adamantium has been destroyed by the Hulk and Mjolnir, Ultron later upgraded to True Adamantium.

Movie Ultron's final form is roughly as tough as Ultron-6 and his secondary Adamantium body.

With True Adamantium, Ultron is only susceptible to Hex/Antarctic Vibranium/bypassing his armor completely.

Movie Ultron's just vibranium.

Yes.
Because the rights to the term "Adamantium" went with the X-Men franchise.

X-24 is effectively Secondary Adamantium; bulletproof and nigh indestructible, and Logan's not strong enough to cut through it, but shatterable by True Adamantium bullets.

Wait trips, so Antarctic Vibranium is supposed to be superior to Wakandan Vibranium?

Well, we're in FUCKING LEAF-land, but yes, I agree.

It liquifies any metal that it touches.

youtube.com/watch?v=_xyGvpLOZ1Q

Well if people can call bvs great, I guess anything is possible.