/trek/

The Picard Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

treknews.net/2016/06/16/happy-captain-picard-day-4/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What was the "Picard manoever"?

I warned you all not to allow this cancer. I warned you.

What is this...."time"?

I prefer the TNG enterprise starship. its more sleak and elegant

wat was the throuble with thribbles?

That TNG Mirror universe comic is pretty interesting.

was it rape?

no

>Trekkie229

The fuck is this shit

>Data doesn't age.

I don't think he's enjoying himself anymore.

Daily reminder Dukat did nothing wrong.

So Picard is pinching a man's nippples?

>*hisses negrotically*

but who was phone?

ATTENTION GUL DUKAT
YOU HAVE ATTEMPTED TO ABANDON YOUR POST

stop posting

About 5 eps into TOS after watching ever other series. Don't notice the cheesy acting or 60s sets anymore after the original pilot desensitised me. Shits just so boring though bros, dunno if I can make it through a whole two seasons. Does it get better? I think so far there's been three episodes about people with strange psychic abilities and every episode about everyone wanting to bang Yeoman Rand. Was getting pussy all men in the 60s thought about? Any advice for surviving until The Motion Picture?

where is Data's digestion system? we know he can eat and drink.

she is so hot

Well, it doesn't really change. It is more one-dimensional than other Trek.

There are some goldnuggets though, you just have to look for them

>NO, I WON'T KILL HIM
oh wow so deep, tos really captures the depth of the human condition

we /la forge/ now.

sweet

Do Chekov, Uhara, Scotty and Sulu become more established soon? I've seen all of them except Chekov but they get switched out for random nobodies all the time. Are Kirk, Spock and McCoy the only main cast?

w.h.o.

It is certainly centered around Kirk, Spock and Bones. The others get some more characterization, but not too much. Uhura the most, perhaps.

You don't get episodes like Data's Day that focus exclusively on some of the other characters, sadly.

WHERES THE SPOON?

>Wanting it this badly.

close-up

lewd

I watched the pilot to TNG yesterday. I was genuinely delighted.

Does anyone know the Georgian date for it?
I want to celebrate it irl.

was it because he was a nigger?

Scotty and Chekov end up being in a tier of popularity below the big three, but Uhura and Sulu might as well fuck off.

treknews.net/2016/06/16/happy-captain-picard-day-4/
june 16

I do think it does get better. You should have skipped The Cage, as you have spoiled a proper twoparter episode for yourself now. The salt vampire was off, and the next two episodes have pretty much the same premise of a god-like psychic onboard.
Oh and Rand left the series pretty soon without a word.

IIRC ep 7 is when it starts getting the best it is, then there is ep 8 with some annoying fuckwad kids, and then from 9 onwards there's a streak of solid episodes.

>tfw Orville generals have already died after only 1 week of no episode

I'm not looking forward to the off season.

It gets better, but it is always a bit slow. The episodes were longer then than they are now, and they had a small budget so there's a lot of filler. You may want to multitask. Play a phone game maybe.

The Cage is literally the best Star Trek episode of all time though. I'm not even joking. It has been downhill from the pilot of the first series if you ask me.

Reminder to filter Trekkie229 until they actually watch the show

there's multiple of them?

also it's worth noticing that the air date and the production date of the episodes in TOS is different. I think they purposefully put the "straightforward" episodes first to grab the audience.

I don't think so

Watching with a quasi-critical eye,I simply cannot take the concept of the Holodeck seriously anymore. At first I started making my Holodeck posts as a joke ("Why don't they call it X instead of a Holodeck? The name is misleading") but I'm starting to get annoyed whenever anyone uses the Holodeck. I just can't stop thinking about all the plot holes, the unbelievable decisions that people make, the fact that it's possible for the technology to work flawlessly while not responding to controls because of some major spatial anomaly, there's so much about the Holodeck that doesn't make even a little bit of sense. And then there's the fucking Doctor. They put a bunch of EMHs in a cave system to mine dilithium or something, but they can't set up holoprojectors around Voyager? Actually, we know that they CAN and DO do this--in that episode with the Hirogen, we see it done, it's the entire plot--and no amount of handwaving can make me believe that there is some reason that makes sense diegetically NOT to have done this before. And the mobile emitter almost never malfunctions; when it does, they can fix it, no problem. It's even more unbelievable than Geordi's ability to operate on Data's positronic brain without actually being a cybernetics genius like Singh was. Why the fuck can't they make more Datas? Why the fuck can't Data experience emotions but Moriarty can? If a Holodeck replicates matter on demand, why can't the replicate and android? Why does that replicated matter lose cohesion when it leaves the Holodeck if it's replicated, rather than projected? Who decided that the Holodeck was a good idea?

I want Dax to X my Y.

No wonder Q was scared of them...

dedication

His dead space station videos are great

resistance is futile

gas all namefags

Watching with a quasi-critical eye,U simply cannot take the concept of the LT. CMDR. DATA seriously anymore. At first I started making my LT. CMDR. DATA posts as a joke ("Why don't they call it X instead of a LT. CMDR. DATA? The name is misleading") but I'm starting to get annoyed whenever TASHA YAR uses the LT. CMDR. DATA. I just can't stop thinking about all the plot holes, the unbelievable decisions that people make, the fact that it's possible for the technology to work flawlessly while not responding to controls because of some major spatial anomaly, there's so much about the LT. CMDR. DATA that doesn't make even a little bit of sense. And then there's the fucking Doctor. They put a bunch of DOCTOR CRUSHER in a cave system to mine DICKS or something, but they can't set up POSITRONIC BRAINS around ENTERPRISE? Actually, we know that they CAN and DO do this--in that episode with the BORG, we see it done, it's the entire plot--and no amount of handwaving can make me believe that there is some reason that makes sense diegetically NOT to have done this before. And the LT. CMDR. DATA almost never malfunctions; when it does, they can fix it, no problem. It's even more unbelievable than WORF'S ability to operate on PRUNE JUICE without actually being a BARTENDING genius like GUINAN was. Why the fuck can't they make more PRUNE JUICES? Why the fuck can't PRUNE JUICE experience emotions but WESLEY can? If a LT. CMDR. DATA replicates matter on demand, why can't the replicate and HOLODECK? Why does that replicated matter lose cohesion when it leaves the LT. CMDR. DATA if it's replicated, rather than projected? Who decided that the LT. CMDR. DATA was a good idea?

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

Pretty sure he did something wrong.

Miles I really love you and I wish you to be happy

Captain, I recommend a cautious analysis of the situation before taking any actions

Stop posting her pic in any other context than pointing out what a huge pain in the ass bitch she is. thank you.

This is an amazing idea allowing for a lot of artistic freedom and exploration of different themes that would normally be out of reach.

>a trap species

Was it rape?

it's basically a horribly sad place where people can daydream and masturbate themselves to death.

you are a dumb fuck and you should stop posting forever

Btw, I get that you can have replicated food and water on the holodeck so you don't have to leave to eat and drink, but what about pee and poo? Do you have to leave to do that?

Also, what is that back of the head visor thing that Ferengis wear? Is it to hide a sensual spot or just decorative? Can't imagine it's practical in any way.

The toilets just recycle bodily waste so it would be the same thing. Also kill yourself, shitposter

>It's a Tom Paris episode

>So what program are you planning to run
>Something new, called Giedi Prime
>mfw B'Lanna and Tom are going to spend time on the Holodeck pulling cardiac plugs out of slave boys

Roger Klotz?

creepiest /trek/ race?

Those guys that took over half of Starfleet in early TNG and were then never mentioned again

got a pic? name?

KILL YOURSELF

I was just asking a question... Quess you didn't like that for some reason?

We didn't listen

The Enterprise computer becoming self aware and intelligent and then randomly spawning a life form was so anti climactic.

why did nguyen give data sexual powers?

This. Now it's too late.

Do (((Bajoran))) lives matter?

A more bitter character?

Sleeping nude in an oxygen tent didn't work.

dude theres like 12 episodes of the orville and like 750 episodes of star trek
there is just more to talk about and meme
stop being a console wars faggot

watching "The Nagus" now. i like the ferengi. really uniqe race

It's an ok series premiere. The scene where Jean-Luc and Beverly are introduced together is a lot better after watching the show extensively, though.

She killed millions...

>Roger and Doug, 1999

I've been rewatching We'll Always Have Paris and I've noticed some errors I've made in previously discussing one scene.
The scene where Crusher gets jealous because Picard is talking to the woman from his past was different from how I remembered it. They were, in fact, making it pretty clear when she walked in that they had a history together and in a later scene Troi speaks to Beverly about her potential relationship with Jean-Luc.

Keiko actually did seem to be a solid parent who was good with children, that one time she got possessed by a Pah Wraith notwithstanding.

Also what the fuck were they doing with the makeup in this season?

Those are some horrible subtitles

... to save scores.