You're a director and have been tasked with making a better superhero film than TDK

You're a director and have been tasked with making a better superhero film than TDK.

You can pick any superhero and any storyline (even completely original). $300 MAX budget.

Which hero are you picking and what is your film about?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=le0l5Pb1I0g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*$300M max budget.

FULL PENETRATION

Retell Magneto's story w/ holocaust surviving and daughter stuff from the beginning of X-Men: Apocalypse, but make it more like Logan.

A WHOLE THREE HUNDRED DOLLAR BUDGET?
THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES

I'm picking Batman. I'm doing a period piece and making a translation of The Dark Knight Returns.

This, I would watch.

Magneto needs a stand-alone film.

Fantastic Four movie set in the 60s.

The holocaust bait guarantees it will be a financial success at the very least. Lots of potential to be a great film since Magneto is an excellent character.

300$ budget?Wow man

Darkman reboot set in the 40's filmed noir style

I buy a copy of Sam Raimi's spiderman 2 and pocket the rest of the money.

full on punisher reboot - all practical effects (blanks, squibs etc), one of the MAX storylines (probably the slavers one), keep Bernthal as frank, get rid of pretty much all of the filler from the tv show

TDK is fucking over rated. Remove Ledger death and the movie wouldn't have make so much profit and noise.

Don't you remember all your facebook friends who weren't into super heroes movies suddenly quoting "why so serious?" Way before the movie was even released.

Not a bad movie, but not the best.

Batman starts catching bad press because a disproportionate amount of the suspects he apprehends are African-American. After an unsuccessful attempt to convince the public that he merely apprehends the criminals that he comes across, he realizes that the effort is fruitless. Now aware that he's going to be slandered no matter what, Batman figures "if I'm gonna do the time, I may as well do the crime" and enacts his plan to clean up Gotham City the old fashioned way and make Jim Crow proud.

Batman: Darks vs. Knight
Coming Summer 2019

Gwenpool's latest arc about future Gwen being evil. I suppose I'd have to introduce Miles first but I'd have his future self die.

Who do you cast as Gwen?

Angourie Rice. Donald Glover as adult Miles.

old man logan comic but instead of logan its captain america and we get to see post-apocalypse america break it into two films inbred hulks doom/kingpin/magneto/redskull controlled sections of merica blind hawkeye; everything

only with an old broken tired of the worlds shit bearded captain america whos seen all his friends die

so logan meets tdk returns meets captain america?

Let’s face it.

The only films that could beat it are either the more human heroes or stripped down storylines.

Capeshit will never come close

batman, remake the dark knight but make it rated R and without any of the shit writing or nolans terrible directing and make the plot less stupid and dont use cgi for dent

I think I'd do a Barry Allen Flash story, directed by the guy who did Thor Ragnarok. Barry Allen is such a genuinely likable character you just need a decent team on the project and you'd have another GotG on your hands.

>You're a director and have been tasked with making a better superhero film than TDK.
I make Batman Begins

Either a Magneto or Dr Doom movie based on their backstories

Punisher, but it's a story of his time in 'Nam. Essentially, it's his last mission, and he's ordered to save a US soldier trapped deep in enemy lines. Instead of having a big supervillain, the main antagonist to Frank is an unnamed VC killer codenamed "Wraith" who has wiped out several squads on his own without a trace. After they're dropped into the jungle, Frank and the rest of his squad are harassed and forced to split up by the Wraith, who has his face covered with a dark green bandanna. The tactics the Wraith uses are all tactics Punisher is known for (Deception, torture, painful executions to damage morale, etc). After some time, they finally track down the soldier they were looking for, only to find his mouth gagged and several grenades rigged to his body. With this trap, the last of Frank's squad is killed, leaving him alone in the Wraith's territory. The story goes on to have Frank and the Wraith playing cat and mouse, with both of them constantly evolving to outmaneuver the other. The climax is when Frank and the Wraith fight one last time, both of them heavily wounded and suffering from disease. They both severely wound the other, but the Wraith escapes by the skin of his teeth. Following his blood trail, Frank finally catches up to the Wraith, who is kneeling in front of a burnt down villages. Directly next to him are 4 recently dug graves and his bandanna which he has discarded. 3 of the graves are filled, while the last grave is open. He then turns to Frank, his face nothing more than a skull thanks to the napalm burning away most of his face. Without a word, he places his knife and pistol to the side while looking down, allowing Frank to finish him off once and for all. After executing and burying him, Frank reports that the mission was a failure and is sent back home where his family is waiting in the airport. His son is ecstatic to see him, and Frank offers to take them out to the park for ice cream. The movie then ends there.

I would wait a bit til this DCEU shit is simmered down and the tv has too.

>The Flash
>Ryan Gosling as Barry Allen
>A very simple story, no actual supervillain
>We play up the time manipulation, his slowing down time and going near light speed having to disarm bombs in bank robberies before the explosion can reach people, etc
>the music score is very orchestral and sweeping like Interstellar
>the plot is basically Flash having to learn that just because he can, it doesn't mean he has to save everyone from everything, because if he did, his life would be nothing except slowed down time
>the end of the film is him racing death (shown as a black humanoid form
>its left up to the viewer if he lives or not

I spend 5 buck buying a DVD of Watchmen

Easy.

I adapt hush into a feature length film and for the sequel I'll do red hood and to end the trilogy I do knightfall

DCEU - Under the Red Hood

Shot in largely black and white, at night, set over the course of a few days, has a Noire vibe with a few high octane action scenes. Mostly practical effects. Will use no more than 125mil.

Manage to hide how impractical the costumes are for these superheroes and villains by shooting them in high contrast under shadow. Solve the Jared Leto problem by outing him as an emotionally damaged Jason Todd and Red Hood as the real Joker, played by Willem Dafoe, in a twist ending. Double the Jokers so normies feel smart when they watch it.

The film also has a ludicrous amount of subtle product placement, so by the time the film reache theatres it has already recovered it's costs.

Sounds like 2deep4u babby shit that completely avoids a good Flash story.

Remake Batman 1966. Full camp

Or Do a conspiracy movie with The Question

This is good.

>Barry Allen
Get out.

>without any of the shit writing or nolans terrible directing
Delusional
>dont use cgi for dent
You realise that Nolan did do this. Test Audiences found it too scary, so they made it CGI.

I don't know much about The Flash. I just used the most common one.

>Delusional
pic related
>You realise that Nolan did do this. Test Audiences found it too scary, so they made it CGI.
>implying I give a shit about some fucking 56% test audience for my rated R movie

I would do a proper The Darkness/Witchblade adaptation.
I would only cast unknowns.

The Dark Knight Rises Further

The main character and hero CIA hunts a vigilante millionaire across the globe, after the eccentric rich kid faked his own death to cash in his life insurance. CIA hunts him from Gotham to Florence, where the criminal plans to lay low with his thief and sado-maso fetishist girlfriend.
During this tense criminal story CIA also goes through intense reflection and learns what it truly means to become a big guy.

Fund it.

>CIA EXPANDED CINEMATIC UNIVERSE

>Carccetti is the Mayor of Big Guy-ville
>Petyr Bealish is the town's rich man and whore house owner
>Janson is the man who says "Scarch"
>Bill WIlson has to investigate a syndicate slumbering beneath the sunny Big Guy-ville

>the end of the film is him racing death (shown as a black humanoid form

meme

A Batman Beyond trilogy starring Chace Crawford as Terry McGinnis and an actual grey bearded Christian Bale portraying an older mentor figure Batman. The first film would adapt the tv series loosely while the second film would be inspired by The Return of the Joker film with Robert Knepper as the clown prince. The third film would be a completely new storyline taking place in a post-apocalyptic Neo-Gotham with the new Batman trying to salvage the remnants of humanity after the older Christian Bale Batman's mind finally snaps and he resorts to a complete purge of his city like Ra's al Ghul originally intended. In the final fight between them Terry doesn't give in to his anger and instead of killing the mad bat, resorts to locking him up in the Arkham Asylum. The ending scene would show Baleman laughing in a manner eerily similar to the Joker. Any ideas about possible names for the films?

I'd make a completely new character who's more of an anti-hero and helps bad guys beat the morally good people but put into such a perspective that you'd root for the bad guys to win.

I would make a Wolverine movie, he returns to Weapon X. But the facility is all but abandoned, and they get snowed in an underground facility. He discovers Weapon X has been working on a new project, Project Venom. Venom escapes and the facility's AI (MODOK) locks down the entire base to prevent it from escaping to the outside world.

It would kind of feel like The Thing and the first Resident Evil combined, with the Venom Symbiote stalking and brutally killing the soldiers and staff of the facility.

Wolverine must team up with Omega Red, Sabertooth, Nuke, Pyro and a few others in order to survive MODOK attempting to cleanse the entire facility of life and kill Venom in order to earn their freedom.

Rated R for graphic violence and gore, disturbing images, strong language, and alcohol use.

Why are you such a bitter cunt?

Get laid already faggot

Isn't that just Batman and Robib

Batman New Beginnings
Batman Return of the Joker
Batman The Last Laugh

I take Ben Affleck and his Batman idea and i pretend to direct and let him do what he was gonna do before they fucked him.

Spawn
Market it like the true first black american negro superhero.

Ghost Rider 3 with based Nic again

>Not one Superman Film ITT

Sigh.

Superman snaps and makes some crazy armor where the helmet slightly resembles Boba Fett's and then systematically wrecks the entire DC universe.

I feel like it would be criminal if the first film wasn't called Batman Beyond. It's catchy, everyone would instantly know that it's the real deal and it hearkens back to the title of the first film in the prequel trilogy which was called Batman Begins. Thus also teasing that it's a continuation of that universe as well. Second films title isn't bad per se but thing is that it would be a straight up live-action version of that excellent film but rather the goal would be to take it to new heights... further beyond. The third one is absolutely perfect though and you nailed it right there.

>t. meming retard
hmm, I wonder why a wide-screen film is cut down to a square gif? It's almost like there is someone else there during the fight, and the scene is purposefully edited make it look bad.

wouldn't be *

Superman with Nicolas Cage it is then

I spend 100 mil on a shitty superhero film (they are all literally fucking identical) and then 200 mil pointing out that even though he licks his lips and acts all 3edgy5me. Heath ledgers joker is only ok, and the rest is buttsucking worship since he died.

lmao hello pretentious reddit

But Hush is overrated garbage, especially the ending.

What the fuck dude, why are you posting a literal nazi?

IF I CAN BE BE COMOLETELEY FUCKING HONEST WITH YOU

COMING FROM SOMEONE WHOS SAVING MONEY TO DI HIS FIRST INDIE FILM

IVE THOUGHT ABOUT THIS LONG AND HARD

Fantastic 4

w/ a proper Victor Von Doom Emperor Ruler of Latveria - will stay true to comics and will be Dr Doom Heavy... Sue gets offered being empress of a Foreign Land

Also we see his face at one point...going with non disfigured....literally just has a shittybscar one hus face hes ashamed of

Instead of a movie, I greenlight another 10 seasons of Justice League Unlimited, using as much of the original staff as I can.

Failing that, a miniseries that retells the story of the JLU would be pretty kickass. That show was before it's time, and a lot of the themes it has resonate today.

>mental image of Gosling in a flash costume doing that shitty green screen "running really fast" thing

Stop.

Great post.

CAGE

Directed by Quentin Tarantino

Luke Cage film Takes place in the 70s

I’d do it differently.

It would just be him running normally in in a frozen world. No weird gait or super speed pump arms.

Question as the mc with a batman vs joker in the background. The whole film is very grounded in reality and neonoir-ish taking place in the underbelly of gotham city. Villain is victor zszasz.

wow thank god none of you anons are actual screenwriters

A Batman musical loosely based on the 1966 movie. Full camp.

>Music by Alan Menken
>Starring Oscar Isaac as Batman, Grant Gustin as Robin, Anna Kendrick as Batgirl, Janelle Monae as Catwoman, Jack Black as the Penguin, Brendon Urie as the Joker, Jonathan Groff as the Riddler, and Patrick Page as Alfred

It would be an unmitigated financial disaster and would probably kill the superhero movie genre for at least 20 years, but it would be worth it

What dumbass argument I see every time there's a thread about this film.

Take out Heath ledger you still have equally good performances from both Eckhart and Gary oldman. You still have a great score and great action (apart from h2h scenes)

If Dents two face and Oldman's Gordon were in the MCU they would literally be the best villain and secondary character in their entire goddamn universe.

Honestly I haven't the read comics at all, but I always think the multiverse idea would be kinda neat if done properly.
Tom Holland would obviously be the main Spidey who'd eventually get lost into Tobey's universe. Just for fun, get Raimi to direct these scenes to further distance the tone of each universe.
Andrew Garfield's universe would be used entirely as a joke and they'd comment on how retarded everything is.

I can't imagine anything more boring

overrated for sure, but definitely miles above crap like saimi's spiderman (crap), xmen movies (diarrhea), avengers movies (bland quipfests).

I think it was really only outclassed by Man of Steel or Batman v Superman

damn guys if hollywood listened to you guys we would have even more boring and shittier movies

but ryan gosling as flash is a good casting

first good idea in this thread

I would like a batman beyond trilogy but it has to ignore\change the most childish aspects of the tv series.

This one.

Why would you pick a movie from one of the most visually stunning and colourful directors, and make it black and white? Disguting

Darkies vs knight 2:
Revenge of the mulattos

I would shoot a Lex Luthor stand alone film.

Played by Michael Fassbender

Focusing on the Cadmus story arc from the Justice League series. The film will center around his presidential campaign and taking over the world. His main antagonist would be The Question played by an unnamed actor. (It's a recognised actor but literally in the marketing he would never be named) and secondary characters include Batman and other humanoid Justice League members such as Mr Terrific and Green Arrow. And Amanda Waller.

The super powered members have been away on some far planet fighting some mega alien for years while heroes such as Green Arrow, Batman help bankroll the human JL effort to take down Lex.

I'd write it and let some like Fincher direct it. Would be a cold, intense conspiracy thriller.

Who's watching?

are you retarded

Sounds way fucking worse

A movie based solely around dr Doom. F4 are merely supporting characters.

Based

>Take out Heath ledger you still have equally good performances from both Eckhart and Gary oldman. You still have a great score and great action (apart from h2h scenes)
Then you have clumsy action scenes, cringey actors wearing oversized suits and ties straight from the early 2000's, and annoying Dunkirk-tier music. Also Batman's terrible voice and costume.

Heath Leadger carried the movie.

The original plan for Origins: Magneto. The footage from First Class of him as a child, then grown up and hunting down Nazis, but a full movie.

Great films have been 'carried' by great performances in the past. TDK would still be a good film without Heath. Not great, but way better than most capeshit.

It's a silly hypothesis anyway. hurr durr let's take out the main antagonist.

>The footage from First Class of him as a child
That was a terrible scene. The kid actor was so bad.

This was actually gonna happen. They were planning on making a series of the X-Men:Origins films after Wolverine, with Magneto and then Gambit. But since Wolverine did so poorly both critically and financially, it was scrapped.

Funnily enough, they were also gonna reboot the X-men mainline series at the same time as this with First Class, so a fair chunk of the Magneto origin film was re-purposed into First Class, like Sebastian Shaw and the his revenge narrative during that film.

I'd love a Flash origin, but slowing down time itself is the most retarded thing that's been done to speedsters. It doesn't make any fucking sense.

I think it'd be interesting if they moved so fast they could barely process it, so they'd have to go through rigorous training just to be able to command their body into precise actions while going into such blindingly fast speeds.
youtube.com/watch?v=le0l5Pb1I0g
Its definitely more interesting to say that one speedster won because he had better training that allowed him to do more complex maneuvers despite going the same speed, than to just say one was faster than the other.

Maybe not the exact footage, but that idea.

>$300 MAX budget.
Simple. Bumfughts with shitty costumes from Goodwill. I could probably even make it a 2-part film with that budget.

I know it's pretty memed at this point, but a Long Halloween-esque batman film would be quality.

Gotham by Gaslight

Arkham Asylum. Bats just straight up fucking dwarves in the ass

Batman Beyond

>Director
Denis Villenueve
>Starring
Ben Affleck as older Batman and some unknown as the younger one.
>DP
Roger Deakins.

Essentially just shoot Batman Beyond the same way Blade Runner was done.

>shitty batman adaptations and that FUCKING Flash one.

You guys have no creativity.

How would he get to the alternate universes. Doctor strange cameo?