Why does a terminator need a laser sight?

Why does a terminator need a laser sight?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dVgVJk20jfc
youtube.com/watch?v=QqPq81DcWQU
youtube.com/watch?v=kayFrIR-Qfw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

aiming

looks cool

It's not like he bought the weapon or brought it with him from the future. It's what he was able to steal.

Why did the liquid metal guy have to be naked to time travel?

Because he wasn't liquid skin

It gets him from 98% accuracy to 99% accuracy.
He doesnt need it, but its nice to have

But he specifically picked that gun.

Why didnt they cover the guns with skin?

Didn't all the future weapons have targeting lasers as well? He would pick the weapon he was most accustomed to using.

It intimidates. You see a laser pointed at you and you shit yourself. No matter if it's a laser sight or a presenter at uni.

He choose it in the gun store though and he specifically asked for the "45 longslide with laser sighting", he could ave picked any other gun

Look, you're talking to me like I've actually watched The Terminator in the past 10 years and that's gonna be a problem. Did he pick the gun and the laser separately or was it already attached to the gun? Maybe the AMT Hardballer just provided the perfect mix of accuracy, reliability, and stoppan powah that was required of a Terminator.

helps him pass as human

Why would a terminator only have 98% accuracy?

For its caliber not its attachments. If its not a detrement to him why should he care?

It was on the gun, he was simply calling out the model and sight as he saw it.

Same reason humans use them, it allows you to fire a weapon without having to properly sight it. And as Terminators have superhuman strength and coordination, this would allow him to fire basically from the hip with perfect accuracy for as far as the laser sight remains zeroed, something that he would be able to keep perfect account of.

Even a gun in a vise grip is only so accurate

Look, you're throwing out explanations as if you know what the fuck you're talking about.

What's the point of this scene? What did he accomplish by shooting up the cop cars except provoking SWAT to take action?

You got me there.
Hell just do a robocop and stick it in the gap of the exoskeleton if you have to.

They must have had some advanced small laser pistols.

I posited something about something that doesn't exist using something that does. Are you okay?

Supressing and scattering them. Thats an anti armor weapon, he also had explosives.

Buying more time, attacking the police with a mini-gun and you'll force them to regroup and rethink

He was setting up a scene of a firefight so they could write up a reasonable excuse to take deadly force against the t-1000

If the time machine was made by robots why did they had to be naked humans?

why didnt the terminator just rape sarah connor?
she would have had his baby instead of john connor and there you go mission accomplished

What if the original connor was not the son of the dude they sent but the first one messed up?

They didn't have to be naked humans, they just had to be infiltration Terminators.

Visual ir tagging.

what came first the skynet or the john connor?

obviously john existed first but skynet only exists because of a terminator sent back in time to prevent his conception which is also the reason kyle reese was sent back...
fuck man idk that is a good question

Skynet was already being programmed before John the Con.
The only effect the Terminator loop really had was playing out the AI disaster in this particular fashion.

Our judgement day may come in 2058 instead

>Our judgement day may come in 2058 instead
what makes you say this

It has to be living skin, so that means they have to send back two living things but they only have enough power send one thing. I remember there was a comic where they sent back a bunch of Terminators with people, the terminators then ripped open the people to get the guns that were surgically placed inside them.

Because we keep writing smarter AI and we already have humanoid robots who have more agility than the terminators in the movie.

because FUCK THA POE LEECE

That sounds dumb af, why not just integrate the weaponry into the Terminator and cover it with skin.

>we already have humanoid robots who have more agility than the terminators in the movie.
that back flipping robot sure is something to see isnt it
i couldnt even imagine a terminator doing a backflip

because anything inorganic cant survive the time travel process. which just shows the real plot hole: does the t1000 simulate organic skin somehow?

ps. well i mean maybe a t1000 but certainly not t800s or lower

why didn’t skynet go back in time and kill Hitler? I know ai is racist but cmon

In Terminator 2 there was a deleted scene that addressed how the T1000 was sent back. It was a scene in the future that showed the resistance reaching the time travel device, and seeing the evidence of the two Terminators being sent back. One was a regular pod for any humanoid, the other had remnants of a biological cocoon that the T1000 was enclosed in before being sent through. I can't find a citation for this, I thought the Terminator wikia had a description of this.

That's what they did in Terminator 3.

Lord help us

because jews created skynet and without the 'holocaust' they wouldnt have got away with it

>still can't suck my dick

What's the fucking point?

I think it would be stupid for the machines to bring back weapons that could be used to easily destroy them, when the local weapons can kill meatbags just as easily.

The AI in the movie probably fucked up and acted too early.
Its scary to think how advanced the technology could get before its too late to stop it.

Cut off some communication channels, create shooped videos of world leaders declaring war, civilians being killed, borders being crossed, send it to the right people... boom ww3.

Because they didn't have space for anything but the terminator, it's a design limitation. The T800 was already huge, any more mass would detract from his ability to blend in with people.

youtube.com/watch?v=dVgVJk20jfc

Listen, and understand! That Terminator is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until you are dead!

practical effects went into making what most people assume was a largely CGI

To make sure he hits that tiny man.

There's a split-second shot where Arnie is fighting an all-metal T1000 in the foundry where you can tell its just a dude covered in aluminium foil.

>m-muh tracks you insect!
>i can carry more weight you shitty mortal walker!
>who the fuck wants to flip anyway

>they keep hitting these things with sticks
One day they're going to snap

Got a screencap?

>LIFE IS SHORT, STUNT IT

They don't have any pain receptors though. Pushing them with sticks is just to throw them off-balance to see how well they recover from unexpected events.

I know that, but when they do get pain receptors and they realize what was done to them they'll be out for vengeance

youtube.com/watch?v=QqPq81DcWQU
0:46 onwards

Looks more like chrome paint or something.

Why would they give them pain receptors though? We sense pain so we can remove ourselves from damaging situations. If you goal is to create a robotic soldier giving it the ability to feel pain is the last thing you'd want to do.

oh hey yea
its actually not as bad as a guy wrapped in foil but you can tell

JOHN CONNOR ___IS___ SKYNET

I hope Cameron retcons the Terminator universe so nothing beyond T2 is canon.

I hated that about genysis
what a waste of a potentially good movie
made salvation look better though

what did you guys think of ted cruz as john connor in genisys?

It didn't fuck up.
The only reason it acted in the first place is because humans tried to shut it down, there woudn't be any other oportunity for it.

KEK
the idea of don draper being mad about that makes me laugh so hard

You still give them damage receptors. Being damaged = bad, being damaged = do something to stop receiving damage or you have a bunch of soldiers with sandniggers drilling the back of their heads while they are in sleep mode.

They will react to it the same way as pain. Enduring when the situation demands their attention elsewhere.

Did they specifically program it to do this, or did they just tell it to jump on all those things and let it work out exactly how tiself?

More human than human

really feminine how it does that last liquid metal flicker again during the last seconds.. there was no reason for this.

can someone please explain to me the hate for salvation?

I think out of a general distaste for McG, and the fact it's the first one to move the premise forward since Terminator 2.

Fuck the haters, that movie's great.

It's supposed to look like a glitching computer screen. This is after it was frozen and shattered.

seriously that movie is great

I found it ok, mostly forgettable and Bale's hatred of the project is really really evident on-screen to the point where his character comes off as very unlikeable.
I liked the early rubber-skinned Infiltrators and a Terminator that doesn't know its one, but mostly the movie felt like wasted potential.

It had a great trailer that spoiled the whole movie. If I like it for anything the the awesome setting, all I wanted was a Post-Judgement Day movie, that's what I got.

Because instead of giving us the desperate city street battle kino shown in the originals, they gave us some shitty skirmishes in the desert.

Thank. It's been awhile and I'd forgotten the context.

not as bad as the wasted potential in genisys
dude i loved the t600 and all that shit we never get to really see in the past
i can understand the disappointment

its mcgs only good movie, as if that needs to be said

I can't wait until they make a new Terminator kino where elite human soldiers go about detecting and retiring the remaining infiltrator Terminators

My knees hurt looking at this

There's a bit of urban warfare in the first part, with Kyle and the Saminator in the city.

Also, because I'm a huge child, I loved the factory fight at the end.

Terminators that throw people around
Christian Bale doing his stupid Batman voice the whole time
stupid plot
SKYNET HAVING A FUCKING FACE AND VOICE
dumb ending
this

robots deserve to be bullied

thats what genisys was
what you want is a retcon from the retcon
which wont happen
the franchise is irreversibly damaged
the only way that it could go on is a full on complete reboot which would probably suck

If only the human resistance had access to banana peels all of this could have been avoided.

youtube.com/watch?v=kayFrIR-Qfw

This movie was alright, but it was neutered by its rating which didn't help it being basically a broad retread of 2. Surprisingly good ending. Terminatrix was not menacing at all though.

>i'll make you pay for this, humans

a guy wrapped in foil for 0.8 seconds bothers you
but stunt doubles that look nothing like that guy from the soppranos and t800 making funny faces doesn't

preventing then from casing them as they made their escape. remember, he destroyed all the cop cars.

too bad about the spaghetti