DC movies always plaughed with problems and bomb horribly

>DC movies always plaughed with problems and bomb horribly
>Meanwhile, marvel has no such problems and are considered phenomimal movies
Why? Is DC cursed or something?

>common sense answer
DC has poor planning and poorer sense of audience

>Sup Forumsntrarian answer
DC IS THE BEST, OF COURSE NORMAL PEOPLE DONT UNDERSTAND, I AM SO MUCH SMARTER THAN THE MASSESS

DC is for cuckolds while marvel is for proud whites.

>poor planning
This. There's a reason why it's second movie came out 3-4 years after the first.

You could at least try to be more subtle with your bait.

>DC's movie crew is inept while thinking too highly of themselves, they try to make kino but they're as incompetent as Marvel's comic crew
>Marvel's movies are trashy quipfests with mass appeal for retarded normalfags and soulless chinese
They're both garbage, but the devil's mouse knows what kind of garbage the masses will gladly wolf down.

>DC has poor planning
This. 2/3 movies " fixed" in dvd release

DC is just shit always has been always will be

not even a great company could make anything salvageable from those comics

Marvel follows a formula that has been very criticized, but nonetheless it works so the criticism is irrelevant. DC has very poor planing and their directors seems to have a problem with turning the script into a visual medium.

The real issue is the success of the Nolan Trilogy and the MCU.

They see that lighter tone action comedies as a Marvel Brand and dark and gritty and a DC brand. Now the DC movie verse will be stuck between copying marvel or doing the same shit as they are doing.

Everyone liked Lego Batman though. You could clarify that you're talking about live action.

LOL MCU fans going full alternative facts the past month. Guess the SS Oscar and critics destroying IF just crushed their souls. I can't wait to see the despair if WW is critically praised, since it's pretty much going to make good money like tge other DC films.

>considered phenomimal
>phenomimal
Disney, I understand you need as many interns as possible, but can't you just wait for them to finish primary school?

>stuck between DUDE TURDS LMAO or going on with their life
Life wins.

Agreed, and people should take note that a largely comedic and charming movie did better than all these live action movies that take themselves so seriously.

Somehow you've forgotten the biggest thing here: Green Lantern was a lighter toned movie and they fucked it up more than they have the DCEU. It's not just the MCU. They have their own evidence that they might be especially bad at it.

The MCU is helmed by Kevin Feige, someone competent who understands the properties and how to sell them to the masses.

The DCEU is helmed by Zack Snyder and WB suits, the former being an outspoken Objectivist who only understands how to make things "look cool" and the latter knowing jackshit about anything.

Looking at everything they've made it's clear they're especially bad at everything

The main issue holding back the DC movies is the fact that studio executives lack foresight. When they see that another studio has hit on a successful formula, they start thinking about all the money they could make if they imitated the formula, and the hunger for that money gives them such severe tunnel vision that it hamstrings their movies right out of the gate.

Basically, Marvel figured out the best way to build a successful cinematic universe was a slow build, taking time to plant little plot seeds and let them grow over the course of several movies that were otherwise unconnected. The big payoff comes when those seeds are ready to converge, which in Marvel's case was the Avengers. Now they can pretty much do as they please, which is why we're seeing two or three Marvel films a year; they've already done the work to establish the cinematic universe and build goodwill with their audience.

The studio executives at DC saw the convergence and what came after, and immediately said, "We want that, too. We want our own Avengers franchise." But the trouble is that they focused on the Avengers, not everything that came before it. Instead of planting the seeds and letting them grow over a few years, the studio execs want an immediate return and insist on digging the seeds back up after a week. You really do reap what you sow, and in this case, they haven't sown anything.

Also, it doesn't hurt that the mainstream Marvel film franchises play things pretty safe and generally keep things light. They get criticized fairly heavily on Sup Forums for that, but the fact of the matter is that most audiences find that appealing. They don't enjoy "grim, gritty, realistic" takes on heroes that are traditionally bright and optimistic. DC's really limiting themselves by keeping Zack Snyder on-staff, his tone's clearly too dark for DC.

>DC movies bomb horribly
>Marvel considered phenomemal (HAHA) movies
Truly on suicide watch. Sage and report this blatant company war thread.

I think they are generally very good at animation when they try and should stick to it.

I will get called a pleb and a troll but DC's main problem is that their movies(so far) fail to understand the concepts behind their characters.

>Marvel

Planned shit out and follows that successful, albeit safe formula until now, they are not phenomenal, they are instead consistently okay, they're good summer blockbuster movies and I dont expect anything more from capeshit

>DC

Tries to copy that formula by cramming 3-4 movies in one

Thats the one thing these people wont accept, everyone is literally Batman in DC

I agree with pretty much everything in this post, except for the very last thing. I don't think Snyder's problem is his tone, the problem is his writing. The movies he makes look cool, so I guess that means he's good as a director, but the events that take place in his movies, how they take place, and the order they take place in make the films difficult to enjoy.

I would have actually started with a Justice Society of America movie, told ala Watchmen leading into the present day and all its troubles, which allows for more highbrow storytelling

>The Justice Society of America (1945)
>Justice of Society of America, a bunch of Metahumans serving as the frontline for the Allies against Hitler's own Ubersmench led by Vandal Savage, who is his "occult Lieutenant" - Hawkman, Original Black Canary, the Flash, Sandman and Hourman
>Ends with Hourman saving the day, all the Justice Society members dead, setting the tone for the franchise; After Credits fast forwards to 70 years later and Vandal Savage returns, picking up the Daily Planet with the title SUPERMAN: FRIEND OR FOE

>Cyborg (Modern Day)
>Shows that this Earth is a lot more meta-aware and more Sci-Fi oriented, but the prodigious dip in their numbers has them trying get what brought the last influx of heroes. STAR Labs finally breaks through with the tech Vandal had, trying to reverse-engineer it but Gizmo - who in this verse is Sylas Stone's young co-worker, tries to steal it. He ends up killing Victor, who comes back as Cyborg to hunt down Gizmo. Along the way, he has to battle his own increasingly-machine-oriented mind. A lot of Frankenstein references.
>Victor reaffirms his humanity, looking to leave - only to be stopped by someone from Wayne Enterprises

>Green Lantern (Early '00s)
>Hal Jordan has just been dishonorably discharged for "refusing to do something" and is on his way home from Iraq when his transport is hit. He is the only survivor - the thing that hit the transport was a Green Lantern. He is brought to Oa, where he is made a Green Lantern. He refuses to do the same thing he was discharged for, goes rogue.
>Hal beats the Manhunter Legions back, gets a job at Ferris - forward to 10 years later and he sees the Gizmo-Cyborg fight on the news. Also, his buddy Barry is missing